Fallout Thread

A lot of people complain about FNV's execution in Gamebryo's engine, sometimes ranging from "it should have isometric" to "it's just piece of shit engine". How do you think a Fallout game done more in the vein of Deus Ex's gameplay would be? Where stats aren't really an upgrade but instead enforce reasonable abstraction in realtime combat?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/767749-wip-the-siege-of-firebase-zulu/page-24#entry10432959
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Recent trailer of Fallout The Frontier

wut

ARPG-fags plz leave, this is a quality thread.

Fallout 2 is my favorite so far, but I haven't got around to beating the first one, so I don't have the full picture yet.

>Stealth Archer Sneak+Small Guns in NV
>Mrs. Bishop

Fallout 1's biggest strength is the tighter story-focused experience over 2, but that's also its biggest weakness as it has minimal replayability compared to 2's more open, sandbox experience.

For what's it worth FO1 remains a buggy mess for plenty a faggot who played it back in the day

but when?

I go back and forth between New Vegas and Fallout 2 as my personal favorites
pistols only, etc,
I only do lore friendly mods, so shit like is not acceptable. I also like to keep as Vanilla an experience as possible, so I mostly have optimization and anti-crash mods. But I got the JSawyer mod on right now as well as Freeside Open and the Strip Open.

This is the canon I see shaping.

Give Bounties series a try, its only offense is it expects you to pick its quests up early, before Courier becomes a cyborg nightmare.

Just noticed that post;
If they miss the chance for a stand off between Maxson and a Vault Dweller descendant they might as well shut the company down and kill themselves. At this point the only "flashy" and "EBIN" option left for Bethesda Fallouts is having a VD descendant standing up against East Coast BoS invasion. Anything else (just like Fallout 4) has no chance to redeem the series.

If there is one thing I do appreciate it is that by the end of a file you really do feel like Lord Death of Murder Mountain. The courier is the single most terrifying and powerful entity in all of Fallout history.

1 is the best.
NV isn't worth modding every time I reinstall just to replay.

Maxson has a son already, probably. That bloodline is important for the writers, so there must be something about it to be told.

I just hope that Bethesda grows a spine and gives a definitive canonical ending to Fallout 4. If they dragonbreak that shit, I will be pissed

What does that mod break about the lore? It just kind of reminds me of Project Brazil.

Well, for one it looks like it would make the game fun

I'm willing to admit that there being a space station isn't necessarily lore breaking, but this other shit makes no sense. And that's only from the trailer, which tells us nothing about the actual content of the mod.
also
I guess it might come down to us having different expectations and definitions on what it means to be lore friendly. When I chose my mods, I do so with extreme care to maintain as Vanilla an experience as possible. It is one of the reasons I chose the JSawyer mod over Project Nevada

To be fair there's little point complaining about the combat in NV. It's not like FO1 or 2 were that much better, and in most instances were significantly worse. The combat was very clunky and slow considering you're a one man party most of the time, with your companions being more of a threat to you than to the enemies.

Also, the switch from isometric to FPP/TPP helps exploration immensely. That being said, it does impact character builds and puts more emphasis on player skill as opposed to character skill, but then again, it's not like combat was ever challenging in a Fallout game other than endgame Tactics, and that was just bullshit.

I'd go back to isometric, but make companions full party members the player has control over, and style the game after Jagged Alliance 2 with more emphasis on fire, maneuver and flanking (like in Full Spectrum Warrior), and movement based on positioning from cover to cover (again, Full Spectrum Warrior and the new XCOM).

Favorite Fallout?

I just saw the trailer to this like 10 minutes ago. Can't wait to drive a tank.

It's about 3/4ths of the way done for whatever that means, so probably sooner rather than later.

Get with the times.

I want to drive a tank, you blithering dugcunterer.

I get what the problem is, you're simply a faggot.

New Vegas
Melee build with piercing strike/slayer ect.
Cass
Combination of a ton of graphic mods, and bug fixes, no gameplay mods

Guess he's going on the cross.

How the fuck did you think of that when FO4 confirms the Citadel still exists and the BoS have taken over the DC wasteland.

Looks good but nearly every New Lands type mod has been disappointing for me or is in development hell.

I'm sorry, what makes you think I care about your driveling bullshit?

The real issue is that while they can deliver some impressive technical expertise few of these projects actually feature writers than can write well.

You're replying, aren't you?

Filtered like the >>>/cuckchan/ and >>>/reddit/ faggot you are.

But Fallout 1.5 got an English translation and Fallout of Nevada is getting translated by the NMA autists.

Is there any other worthwhile mods out there besides that other Russian one that doesn't take place in the Fallout universe?

FO1

Technically still have a Bowie knife and revolver wielding bounty hunter for NV. I might switch to a hunting shotgun, if I play him again.

Maria from Coito Ergo Sum

Too many. But, I still need a good horse or motorcycle mod.

The Someguy series has pretty much become my mq for New Vegas. It's completely linear, but I replay it seldom enough that it does not bother me.

I played with a vertibird for a while. All it did was make the map feel too small. Cars are better is this regard, but they are too big for the small passes through the hills. I really wish someone would find a way to make a horse mod.

It's a privilege fam and you should've checked yours.

He sounds like a little bitch.

I remember him sounding like a decent guy in an interview a few years ago. Guess all the nexus faggotry finally got to him and blew up his ego.

He did finish NV Bounties, though. And he made a wrap-up mod for some of his other characters and story lines.

A few years ago he made this post forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/767749-wip-the-siege-of-firebase-zulu/page-24#entry10432959 and proceeded to stand by it for a rather fucking long stretch of time even saying that he's only releasing things so there are no hanging threads left and that he's gonna only do stuff for FO4 from now on.
As you know, that didn't fucking happen.

Joke's on him, FO4 is a turd, the modding is restrictive and its popularity waning.

Guess this does prove that all modders are faggots, no exceptions.

Would you play a fallout 1/2 remake with Frozen Synapse combat?

sad times

Frozen Synapse isn't an RPG, and your character is nowhere near as expendable as your dudes in Frozen Synapse.

That said, I would probably enjoy a post-apocalyptic party-based simultaneous-turn tactical-RPG.

But make sure to get the Equilibrium mod since the game is rather buggy and unbalanced, especially late game.

GOOD LUCK FINDING GUNS AND AMMO WORTH A DAMN FAGGOT!

Make the wasteland great again

Also have you faggots checked out the Fallout 1.5: Resurrection mod? It adds a complete new game map, with a new story line and all.

I played it, I became a mutant hunter

There's also this other mod called Mutant's Rising, it's been in development for many years, apparently they're nearly finished, it's apparently a direct sequel to 2, I'm pretty hyped up for it.

very nice

I don't know why I'm unable to have fun with New Vegas. Maybe it's the engine.

I've had so much fun playing FO1,2 and Tactics on the other hand.

3 was just sort of unique until you got out.
New Vegas felt nice, but felt like being railroaded into going to the strip

you were, main quest really starts there because benny

I feel the same about the beginning, it's a fucking drag everytime, also New Vegas ain't got shit on New Reno, to this day it's the comfiest zone in all of the Fallout games.

user in New Vegas you can fuck off immediately after making your character, Fallout 3 is the one that seriously suffers from Bioware Tutorial Syndrome

That's true, but you know that if you want to make it to the upper part of Vegas, you gotta loop around like the game wants you to do, unless you wanna face the Deathclaws.

you can get past them with determination, hell if you go off road you can avoid just about everything

what you're really complaining about here is the movement restriction and how if you want easy play you gotta go south

Its gonna be shit, calling it right now

Technically it looks very impressive. It remains to be seen if writing, reactivity and quest design match up with the spectacle.

That being said, Enderal was very good for what it was, and there have been other Fallout related fan projects that had good writing, so I remain hopeful it will deliver. Can't be worse than FO3 anyway.

is that the NCR only one thats huge?

Between 2 and NV, NV with all it's DLC probably wins overall for it's better story and world buildingalso the bad guys don't want to blow up the world and go to space

NV(with DLC)>2>1>>>FoT>shit>3>BoS
I haven't played 4

in 2 Small guns, speech and lock-picking.
In NV you become and immortal God that kicks everyone ass with his your superpowers and skills in everything.

this machine

Things that make it run better and look nicer.

or at least you should be able to

You can pull some shit with the DLC that ends up fucking up the game because you have to many skill points to allocate.

tons of mods fix that

Problem with NV is it's way way too easy and being a badass feels a lot less earned than in 2. Also I felt like you could accidentally fuck up in 2 or end up in situations where you needed to talk your way out or else die a lot more which made it a lot more replayable.

No, you can cut eastwards through the hills to Camp McCarran, without any major opposition. And then use the monorail (with some trooper armor that's conveniently placed on the way) to make it into New Vegas.