3DS CFW+Homebrew: The Banes Never End Edititon

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.2:
Running CFW is not as straightforward
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW OR STEELHAX. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade ← This may soon be updated to allow downgrades without a second 3ds, ie steelhax
Post a reliable guide for using steelhax ITT and it will be put into the OP for the next thread until Phailect guide has been updated
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible on 11.x

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
archive.is/Bxy6q
gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-28#post-6838783
bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-super-mario-black-edition-black/5624704.p?skuId=5624704
archive.is/13izL
gbatemp.net/threads/error-installing-a9lh-on-new-3ds-firm1-bin-is-invalid-or-corrupt.450251/
plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started-(old-3ds-eur)
teamcity.skyeditor.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=PKHeX_PKHeXBuildPr&branch_PKHeX_PKHeXPublic=&tab=buildTypeStatusDiv
plailect.github.io/Guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
plailect.github.io/Guide/troubleshooting
plailect.github.io/Guide/
3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits
ebay.com/itm/New-Limited-Edition-Black-Friday-Nintendo-3DS-White-/282259295313?hash=item41b7f70c51:g:WFgAAOSw44BYLfix
inkerton-kun.tumblr.com/tagged/mama-chan
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-fully-unban-using-system-transfer-requires-2-3dss.450388/
exhentai.org/g/724860/e0769f3346/
psx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline. Asking WHEN doesn't make it come faster.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3dshack and Gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
Last Thread: archive.is/Bxy6q

Does anyone know if the 11.0 3dses have started shipping yet? I might get a new one if I can bust it open.

Of course they have

How's this collection compared to the originals?
(there's no DS or 3DS thread, might as well ask here).

Greatly improved, the definitive version of the game and definitely the best Kirby game

Shit, that's bad for me then.
Thanks for the information, user.

Fuck me user, i live in EU and i have no way of telling which 3DS has which firmware if not buying and hoping Amazon refubds it if it's 11.0

Yeah, KSS ULTRA is straight up better than the original version. It's a must-play.

Is the ban only for going online early? nothing wrong with specific cias? Like Billy's retail dump?

I did the same since I didn't know what tickets are.
I think it sorta broke my updating Streetpass, it fails at updating. I think it thinks it outdated and tries to update from the 9.2 version.
I'd flash my emunand again, but I added tons of people to my friends list because of swapdoodle.

Better in every way except the sound, I prefer the snes tracks a bit more and Ultra uses the GBA kirby soundfonts.

Looks like it. Should be able to play without worries now.

Retard here.
I just got a N3DSXL with a Gateway flash card, it was with the DS and I don't even know how to use it and even if I should use it.
Inside the DS, there is a 4Gb microSDHC card. And I got another random 2Gb microSD card.
In the System Settings, my version is said to be: "9.0.0-20E"

So basically what I would like to know is:

to get pokemon to boot i have to switch over to the luma3ds file, is there a way to still get hbl on first time start?
i could just replace the file every time i need access to it, but that seems like it would get annoying fast.

buy new sd card and follow the guide. get either 32 or 64. then proceed with the guide in the op. You're at a good firmware for this.

Oh, shit I forgot to paste something I cut from the post.
Do I really need the Ocarina of Time + the save thing ? It's like 40€+ each where I'm from…

if you bought it used it's possible you're already set up with cfw, did you check what's on the 4gb microsd?

I have no idea what you're trying to communicate.

Browser hax

the boot.3dsx file in theme hax now loads luma right away (so pokemon works). i was just curious if it's possible to get the fastboot for luma when it restarts to load the game, along with the hbl when i cold boot the system.

It's completely empty.

Care to elaborate ? On the guide they say that "If the version is -0 then you do not have a browser"

3DS flash carts are obsolete. Sell it if you want to try and make some money, but you won't need it. The only flash cart you would ever need is a regular DS flash cart for DS games, but that might be changing soon.

Micro SD cards are pretty cheap nowadays, but 4gb should be enough for one game at a time. Pokemon games tend to be the bigger games, filesize-wise so you might need a new one for that. Not sure exactly how big they are.

Yes. Follow the guide in the first link in the OP.

sounds like a9lh is a good cure to your ailment

Check to see if your 3ds does in fact have a browser. If it doesn't then you really do need the cartridge with the save.

Oh, yeah, I got a Web Browser between the "Notifications" and "Miiverse" icons at the top, I'll try to follow the rest of the guide. Are there even any risks ? I'm really new at all this.

For you, no. There is none. Downgrading to 9.2.0 is a risk that doesn't apply to you. And since you have an n3ds you just run a single program and you instantly have a9lh.

Is there an ETA on the 11.2 single 3DS downgrade or shod I go ahead and do the dsiware + cfw 3DS method?

Another question, I'm going to buy a 32Gb microSDHC card, am I going to have to redo everything on it or can I just copy/paste what is inside my current card on the new one ?

You can copypaste it if you're on arm9.

Has it been fully confirmed that you're safe from bans if you play pokemon?

it should be fine to play it online now, but if nintendo was really adamant about it they could hand out some more. i'm not sure what if anything they have in place to tell if the game came from eshop or freeshop.

Been playing pokemon since sun got leaked.
Never even turned on the wifi switch after it was installed.
Today I deleted it while making a backup of the save.
FInally turned wifi back on and wasn't banned, even played some online smash.
I re-downloaded sun from the freeshop this time and the save got transfered nicely.
I still won't be turning the wifi on for this game but I'm just saying that this apparently confirms that only early online access was the cause of the bans.

No, it's 11.0/11.1. 11.2 pre-emptively patched it. The downgrade exploit is set to be revealed in december at 33c3.

What "novelty" cia would you recommend ? Things like the Doom port.

Shit. Well okay, thanks for the response my dude

mgs3 was amusing

Depends if you have emunand or not. Emunand is stored on a separate hidden partition, so it won't be transferred with a simple copy/paste.

If you downloaded Sun or Moon from freeshop, you're safe. It uses Nintendo's official servers so they can't tell any difference from a pirated version or a legit version. The only version that puts you at risk is any leaked .cia made prior to the game's launch, since there's apparently something in those that Ninty can detect and then ban you for.

How fuck am I anons?

I don't think the console is bricked, but I can't get to the menu… I only fucking wanted to play my physical copy of moon…

Is there a way to fix it?

it doesn't sound bricked, but if it's launching into browserhax you've definitely mucked up a step

Sounds like you have menuhax/bootloader shit on your SD card. I would delete anything homebrew related and only keep arm9 shit on the SD, try it again.

If you accidentally the HBL, you won't be able to boot luma as HBL Luma only boots to an emunand partition (which you probably don't have or fucked it at some point.) At worst, just delete everything and rebuild from scratch with the required AL9H components.

Follow all the directions next time.

Can I still run Pokemang? No fucking idea if I need luma or not

Do you have a9lh? If not install that.
Since luma updates more frequently then rei, you should switch. A lot of neat features have been added.

Is it safe to get Pokemon Sun/Moon on the freeshop? And would I have to update my 3ds to the latest version to run it? Or could I run it through Luma.

I'm fucking retarded and I went online with my game because I thought the game was already out since I've seen shit ton of people in twitter with their copies but it turns out that in Europe it doesn't come out until tomrrow, that's like in 2 hours.

I GOT BANNED BECAUSE I DIDN'T WAIT 2 HOURS FUCK ME

Is the method here working? gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/page-28#post-6838783

I guess I'll just try it out and see what happens, but I'll appreciate if someone could give me a more updated guide or link or something.

No need to update, you can download it from the freeshop no problem with Luma. Just don't go online unless the game is out already in your country.

So I re-bought a 64 GB card. How do I set up a different 3DS with CFW if I already have everything dumped onto this new card?

You went online using the leaked copy didn't you?

Nope, freeshop copy, so it shouldn't be the BIG ban. I'm retarded but not so much.

So I did end up fucking bricking my 3ds right?

your brain is bricked
read the guide

Unless you took the time to put A9LH on your CTRNAND as well, no you're not bricked.

You did actually get banned or are you just thinking you will get banned?

al9h is absurd easy on N3DS, my man.
Go get that shit.

I got banned, error code 002-0102

Should I get the black friday new 3ds?

I think someone posted in the last thread about getting a new 3ds on 11.0 out of the box, might want to double check before buying.

I've heard that the Black Friday New 3DS has 11.0 and now that fieldrunners was pulled out of the e-shop Hardmod would be the only option.

It's a good thing I kept four swords on my o3ds

Damn, I postponed buying it for too long.

Wasn't there supposed to be a new hack to bypass all the tedium required for 11.x?

It's 11.0, not downgradable yet.
You can still find the Super Mario 3D Land bundle some places, which is 10.7. You'll probably spend a little more for that, though.

It is to be revealed in December

Legends of exidia is still up

Is 3dsiso not working for anyone else?

Does Oothax not work anymore? I was going to help with downgrading a friend's O3DS on 11.0 once the single 3DS method comes out.

Is there anyway to keep friend codes if I restore to an earlier nand backup?

What's the difference between freeshop and ciangle?

By writing them down.

Ease of use.

freeshop is GUI, ciangel is all text based.
freeshop can only install updates and dlc if the main game is installed, ciangel can.
CIAngel can make a sharable CIA from CDN content, freeshop can't.
CIAngel looks like shit, freeshop looks better.

Freeshop can be tricked to download updates and DLC.
Before it supported cartridges, I downloaded Omega Ruby, cancelled it but left the automatic update it added. As it now supports cartridges, I can't think of a reason you'd want the update or DLC without the game.

What are the odds that the black new3ds here bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-super-mario-black-edition-black/5624704.p?skuId=5624704 11.0?

100%
archive.is/13izL

100%. People kept posting it on reddit.

Poop. Caca. Crap. Shit. And the method for downgrade using a second 3ds is teduous as fuck.

As I keep saying, there's a new hax coming out next month that requires 1 console, and it easier.

Thats good. My friend will probably be getting one on black friday,and I really do not want to bother using mine to hack his.

Wont it make any conflicts when i readd them?

No, don't be silly, why would it conflict adding a FC to a device that no longer has that FC added?

I want to buy one, but I live in Aus, so I was going to buy one on Amazon and use my current 2DS to hack it.

Too bad as
Fieldrunners is no longer on eshop

That, and they're not yet in stock on Amazon.

There were other games besides Field Runners weren't there? Also to use that method both 3DSes have to be the same region in order to do the system transfer.

4 games, 3 are unavailable. Click the link in the op.

Having issues getting the DLC for SMT:A working. Everything installed properly but it isn't showing up once I start the game. Any one else run into this?

Oh bugger, forgot about that…
If I was at all trusting of you people, I'd ship it to an user, pay for shipping to my place and then flash it with EU firmware, but that won't happen.

Because you have to be online to add them, so i'd assume they check for that.
Whatever, im being silly.

So, I used an O3DS with field runners to hack a N3DS. Is it possible for me to reuse the copy on either system? Also, I heard that you need to be on 11.2 to install steel divers and 11.2 can't be hacked right now is this downgrade possible still?

I got banned, is there any bypass or workaround i can use to play online?

If I was throwing away a junker 3ds or borrowing one from someone for a few days, is there anything other than movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B I should take off of it? Are there some security certificates I might need in the future or anything?

it didn't work, guess ill just wait around and see if another way comes up eventually.

This method was for using 1 console.
If you're gonna steal a mate's console, 1) don't get banned again and 2) yes, that's all you need.

Not sure why it didn't work. As far as I can tell, all you were doing was using the same files from a previous backup.

I don't know why we can't just use EmuNANDs, format it and use those movable.sed's and localfriendcodeseed_b's.
Baffles me.

So with black friday coming and cyber monday, I plan on getting a new SD card and a Mico SD card for my 2ds and N3DS.

Is it easy to system transfer a n3DS with Luma3ds/A9lh? I have done it before put all the data from my 2ds to my n3ds but that was before any of them had any new CFW or even homebrew.

Also how big can I get? I heard some rumors that too big of cards some how slow down your 3DS? Also is there really a specific card/brand/type I should get?

I'm guessing I should use SafeA9LHInstaller 2.6.6 and not 2.0.3 right?

Also cross-posting my "DLC unpirating" question from the Swapdoodle thread, it's probably more appropriate here.

The one time I tried system transfer it didn't copy anything across that was unofficial, or from Freeshop. Don't do it. Kinda a mess.

gbatemp.net/threads/error-installing-a9lh-on-new-3ds-firm1-bin-is-invalid-or-corrupt.450251/

I should have mentioned this was on O3DS.

Plailect guide talks about 11.2 being able to do a DSiWare downgrade, I'm pretty sure. Or am I misreading it, which I doubt?

Fucking flags.

The guide tells you to use that version, probably for good reason. Also looks like gbatemp decided to die just then.

No, I definitely didn't misread it, 11.2 downgrades are possible with the DSiWare method. Checked OP Plailect guide and there's links for 11.2 > 10.4 nativefirm there.

my 128gb card does noticeably slow down the (old) DS, to the point it gets annoying in some circumstances.

I'd advise a 64gb at most.

Maybe not as big a deal on n3ds tho. It's only barely something I would call annoying; I like the space.

Poor wording on my part, but I'm referring to the unreleased (of now) exploit that allows for 11.0/11.1 downgrading without a 2nd 3DS. Not the DSiware downgrade.

Well is there any older version of data input zip that I should since the plailect guide is trying to meme on me?

Ah, I see, my mistake.

Never mind fixed my problem. tksweep did it.

That's probably related more to the SD card than the 3DS. Larger ones, especially cheap ones tend to suffer other drawbacks or not work at all, and really, 64GB is probably quite good enough for 99% of users, even smaller depending on what you want to play.

It's a top-notch guide. I'd suggest double-checking the instructions, that's what fucks up 99% of people. It's also possible the download is corrupt, or a shit SD card.

I just woke up from a coma after a year. I'm on O3DS with sysnand on 9.0 running rxtools with HBL.

I'm on this page
plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started-(old-3ds-eur)
but it doesn't account for already having HBC installed. I think I have to install luma and a9lh, right? Where can I learn about these?

You have to start from sysnand so it doesn't matter if you have HBL. You need to use an exploit accessible from sysnand like browserhax.

what's with people coming back from comas on 8ch? In the last 4 months I've seen like 5.
Did everyone assosiated with this website fucking suddenly coma? Is that why the quality of posting has hit the shitter?

sorry buddy. i can understand how it can be a common question though

thanks. does this mean i have to give up my emunand?

No you can transfer it later, just follow all the steps and it will tell you when.

Would it be a good idea to buy a cheap banned cfw 3ds if i dont care about online?

I checked the SD card using F3 and it's fine. I redownloaded all of the files and I still get the firm1.bin is invalid.

thank you, friend.

it's a part of the main storyline

I kinda avoided Holla Forums for about 2 months to avoid spoilers. fucking release the game already

Should I get a class 3u Mico sd card? I just fear that a 64gb wont be enough because there are so many more games probably to borrow from Nintendo servers.

Forgot to add which brand is the best for sd/mico sd cards?

All right, niggers, listen up.

I may have fucking lost my old 3DS after my New 3DS XL was stolen. If so, I'm down to my tertiary 3DS, which has a half destroyed Circle Pad and a dim top screen. Fucking terrible. I'm hacking it right now on its own low capacity SD card. The question I have for you guys is, once I finish hacking it, can I plug in my 64GB card which I put the backed up data from my better old 3DS onto and just go from there?

Considering there will probably be a way to unban it without another 3DS in the future anyway, might as well.

Yeah plailect was memeing on me and changed the guide to link data input v4 for N3DS and data input V3 for O3DS.

Kingston is a mixed bag of defective and working equipment because they resale from other companies. Don't buy them, otherwise it doesn't matter. Make sure you don't get a Chinese bootleg by mistake. And 64GB is plenty, trust me.

Should be able to load an emunand from another SD just fine.

Im saying 64 might not be enough because I im at 32gb currently have like 8gb ~ more or less left and I can easily bet that I can double my backlog of games in a moments notice. But 124gb is fuck huge and might be too expensive tbh.

Any steps I need to do for that besides just inserting the card?

Besides make sure you've got a homebrew entrypoint, nah. Load and live.

128 is overkill, I have 64GB with everything I want to play and still have some 27GB left. 128GB also introduces problems with some homebrew programs that don't know how to parse through that much space (expecting an SDHC of 8gb or less after all), I remember old FBI revisions with the plaintext UI would crash.

you have to format it to fat32. run Emunand9 (from the old SD card) and use that to do it

He's plugging his old SD into another 3DS, it's already good to go.

Apparently the n3ds and 3ds is only proven compatible with SDHC cards and not new super cards like SDXC are not proven compatible.

64GB SDXC works in my 3DS.

Formatted to fat32 any SD works fine, SDXC doesn't work out of the box due to exFat formatting. I remember the story being the same with Wii and HDDs, had to be fat32.

So i went online to wonder trade about 3 times before release on pokemon sun
To check if im banned and i just gotta try and go to the eshop?
i dont think i have a linked nnid since i used to have emunand before switching to luma.

I always assumed all sd cards had to be formatted to fat32. But thanks, I made my decison on what card to get, its a samsung u1 64gb evo+ apparently these are good cards. Can I use a sd card adapter to use a mico sd card in my 2ds?

I wonder what percentage of the idiots who got themselves banned were emuserfs.

There are two errors you'll receive if you're banned, for one, check your friends list or attempt to go online in any game. For the other, open eshop and you'll be denied immediately if you have an NNID, and attempt to purchase something if you don't have an NNID. You could try using Pokemon Bank as that also uses NNID.

MicroSD in an adapter works just fine. Like before, make sure it's not a bootleg if you can.

Amazon doesnt sell bootleg?

I've heard a couple reports of bootlegs through Amazon but that was years ago, should be fine.

Homebrew Launcher won't work from my Home Menu on my tertiary 3DS. What do?

Reinstall, or try another entrypoint.

If you're using A9LH and cleared your SD card per the guide at the end, did you remove boot.3dsx, which is the way that you trigger HBL?

Found a small step I accidentally skipped. Going back now.

Fuck yeah, tertiary system is hacked. Now to see if I can StreetPass my secondary system! That way I will know if it's in the house or car or not.

Battery's probably dead by now m8.

Could be. But I can at least give it a shot.

Did not get a StreetPass. Bad sign. This wouldn't bother me so much if I could just know what happened to it. I'd rather have the thing blatantly stolen from me like my New 3DS XL was than just fucking vanish on me in some bizarre way I cannot figure out. I hate my life. If it's not just misplaced and in someone else's hands instead, I hope they fuckin' use it and have fun with it.

I hope I'm doing this right. I backed up the small SD card and now I'm injecting the sysNAND from… nope. IT FUCKED UP. What do I need to do? Did I need to back it up and restore it as EmuNAND instead of fucking SysNAND? Oh, God, what do I do? I need my fucking game data to be accessible again!

Is there a way to create screenshots?
It doesn't look like there's a way to do it universally, and some games have their own option to do it.
I'm specifically looking for a way to save some doodles from swapdoodle.

NTR CFW or NTR plugins.
Google.

Ebin post, friend.
Try posting what you're trying to do, what guide you're using and which step you're up to.
Bonus points for actually reading the steps again before posting here.

I don't know what guide I need for this, smart guy. I'm trying to resurrect my 8GB Old 3DS onto my last ditch backup 3DS using a 64GB upgraded card.

That doesn't make sense to me.

You're trying to use an 8GB card to transfer the data over to the 64GB one. The 3DS you're using in this scenario didn't use the 8GB, correct?

If so, hack the console using the 64GB card. Dump the 8GB's NAND, dump it to the 64 card, then simply copy paste the files from 8GB to 64GB.

This is untrue.
I downloaded moon from the freeshop and I was banned.

How long ago did you play online?

Do you still lose all the .cias you installed nowadays if you enter regular e-shop?

This back and forth stuff is just making me weary of whats going on as a whole. I mean I'm not particularly well versed in how all this works. But how do we know Nintendo hasn't updated their online system so they can more easily verify what we're doing? For the longest time I haven't been able to go online anyway, because the system required an update. Something I regretfully went through with just today. I went ahead and removed the pokemon game, but for all I know that may mean jack.

Are there any For Idiots guides for this thing?

No, there is no for idiots guide for compiling.

You could learn to compile with the command line and learn a useful albeit situational skill or
teamcity.skyeditor.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=PKHeX_PKHeXBuildPr&branch_PKHeX_PKHeXPublic=&tab=buildTypeStatusDiv

not 3ds but I thought this would be the best place to ask
Does anyone have a link to the wiiu piracy thread OP?

Just download the latest release from github. It werks just fine for me.

No. Search archive.is to see if anyone thought ahead.

Head over to gba-temp.

I'm on 2.1 with a 2ds and my browser needed to install arm9 is bugging out. It's stuck loading, and it is only displaying a white top screen and a bottom screen with the "internet browser" banner. I've left it there for about 30 minutes, but it's still stuck. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

man, ninty really is pushing back the switch aren't they?

I'm on 11.0.0-33J with al9h and…some sort of CFW I don't remember what the actual thing is. Cakes or something. I want to download the freeshop but I can't because the browser is bitching at me about updating before I can visit any websites.

Is it safe to update?

Well the N3ds was needed a replacement sometime soon, but the switch might be good. It gives them a chance to put their excellent mobile game department together with the home game department so we'll probably get more games in total.

ew.

Yeah, it should be. My friend is on cakes and he's had no problems.

Why not install Luma though? It's easy as shit

probably, i don't use cakes but it should be fine as long as it's updated.

no, why would you

i don't think 2.1 has a browser, does it? i also wasn't aware you could get a 2ds with that low a version.

It does have a browser and downgrading to 2.1 is part of the A9LH installation process for O3DS/2DS which are the exact same machine basically.

i never bothered with a9lh, but if you re-image the console with decrypt9 it might fix it.

Downgrading to 2.1 is how you have to install arm9 on an O3DS or 2DS. I think that there is an exploit on that patch that lets you get an unencrypted copy of your OTP the security certificate for your DS. Oddly enough, the security around these was more lax on the N3DS, and those users don't have to go through 2.1. The 2DS was actually released after that patch, and thus it is glitchy as hell. In fact, I hear that if you reformat when on that patch your 2DS will brick because you need to turn on 3D during the initialization and obviously that's a feature the 2DS lacks.

least they manage to get online courses working for the game

I installed cakes back when the github guide was new and Cakes is what was on it. They switched to Lumia afterwards and I don't actually know how to change it.

it seems fun, i hope the abxy buttons can be remapped in this.

there's a gbatemp thread on switching firmwares, i think cakes is an easier one to move over.

Yeah, I installed cakes around the same time. It really isn't hard to switch over.

Do what said

Any idea how to access decrypt9 with my current situation? I seem to have lost access to menuhax during the downgrade process.

A cartridge

What's the best way to transfer save files between two 3DSes? Can you just move files between two SD cards? If so, how the hell do I know which is which?

JKSM.

Well, I fucking bricked. I updated to 8.1 using a monster hunter ultimate cart. Now I can't go into any of the applications and if I try to access the browser my 2DS freezes.

Don't see how a cart update bricks.
Buy a copy of Pokemon XY. 90% sure they had 9.2 off the bat.

I can boot into the home menu, but I can't enter the settings menu or start a game. It gives me the beep you get when you pick something, but other than that it does nothing. I also tried booting it into safe mode just now, and I was going to just update it to latest firmware to salvage whatever I could. However, I can't even update using safe boot. It starts to update, but then it spits back an error: "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The System will now turn off." Does anyone know what the minimum firmware a 2ds could run is? I might try sending it to nintendo if it's possible for a 2ds to be on 8.1. It seems to be a pretty rare issue I can't find anything about it anyways and they might not know it's my fault.

Okay, so I had a New 3DS XL. It got stolen. Then I hacked and used my old 3DS with the 8 GB card. I copied over everything from that card regularly. I did not ever create an EmuNAND, only a SysNAND, which is where it feels like I might have fucked myself. Nonetheless, all the data from that card is backed up, including a SysNAND, though I didn't back that up nearly as frequently. Maybe just once.

Now it seems I have most likely lost my old 3DS, leaving only my shitty, damaged backup old 3DS. I have a 64 GB SD card that I copied all of my old 3DS's data to. I have my tertiary backup old 3DS which I hacked last night using the 4GB SD card I had for it.

Now, if possible, I would like to back up the tertiary backup old 3DS to a computer, set aside the crappy 4GB card, use the 64GB one, and set this 3DS body up for use with my old data on my first old 3DS, the one that had the 8GB card.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
O3DS with menuhax, HBL and sysnand was 9.2 IIRC
Was following these instructions.

I have just finished the instructions on this page.
✔ sysnand backed up
✔correct crttransfer region downloaded and loaded in files9 folder
✔ tickets backed up
✔ non "00" tickets deleted
✔ deleted home menu exdata of sysnand

Rebooting gives me a black screen. I can only hold the power button down to switch off the system.
Any advice? I followed the guide to the letter.

You started getting the black screen before or after you did the transfer?

Here's some copy-paste from plailect.github.io/Guide/troubleshooting
Black screen on SysNAND boot
1 Try booting with your SD card out, and then reinserting it after booting.
1 Power off your 3DS by holding down the power button.
2 Take out the SD card.
Power on the 3DS.
3 When the home menu appears, reinsert your SD card.
4 If this worked, you should Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
- EUR Region: Delete 00000098
- JPN Region: Delete 00000082
- USA Region: Delete 0000008f
- CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
- KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
- TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
2 Try booting without any cartridges inserted (including flashcarts)
3 If you have a hardmod and a NAND backup, flash the backup back to SysNAND.
4 Try booting into recovery mode and updating your system.
This probably will not work for an Old 3DS downgraded to 2.1.0
This will BRICK a New 3DS downgraded to 2.1.0
1 Power off your 3DS by holding down the power button.
2 Hold L+R+A+Up.
3 Power on the 3DS.
4 If you enter safe mode, update your 3DS only if you have an entrypoint for the latest FW version and it is possible to downgrade from it and attempt the downgrade again.
5 Your 3DS may be bricked. For support, ask for help at #3dshacks on Rizon IRC or 3DS Hacking on Discord.

After. I followed the prompt to reboot the system.

Thank you, user. You've given me another avenue for troubleshooting.

that was stupid. I had deleted the exdata of my emunand instead.
That was a silly mistake. Thank you for the troubleshooting tips, user

If you can get up to 11.2 from safe boot L+R+Up(D-pad)+A on boot I would do it. I hear that we have a hack for the 11.x family coming sometime in December.

oh hey look a get

If my understanding on the ban situation is right, then only Nintendo can generate the keys using a private key. I don't think we'll be able to crack that key, but there may be some way to bypass it. Twitter guy was full of shit, and the only way to get a new key is by ripping it from another device.

What are some n3ds accessories I can or should get for black friday coming up besides a bigger sd card?

I'm looking for a nice power bank.

may i suggest picking up a USB cable from ebay? they are cheap as all hell, and with my powerbank (a xiaomi one) it charges faster than it discharges,even when tethered to my phone's wifi, which is nice.

I highly recommend one of these USB -> 3DS cables. Being able to charge on phone accessories is a godsend. I made my own so IDK which brands are good, sorry

Can I update games I got from freeshop through eshop? For some reason it wont let me update through freeshop?

The game in question is Terraria

Yes, you can. If you access the eShop, illicit DLC will be "turned off" and need reinstalling. Freeshop doesn't have some updates because people are idiots and don't upload to 3ds.titlekeys.com

I think Freeshop installs the Terraria update along with the game. But eShop can update games too, the only caveat is it will only do so if the game is from your region, and I've only done it on the "press y to update" when starting a game.

Cool I'll just update it when I start the game. Many thanks.

I'm getting the $99 N3DS tomorrow during the sale, which I believe should be 11.0. Are the games you need from the eshop still available? I looked at the guide and it seems all of them have been pulled from the shop.

I do have a 2DS with cfw that I can use to downgrade it as well as Super Mystery Dungeon for the hax, at least.

Legends of Exidia should still up on the US and EU shop

Could you explain this ?
I have a backup folder on my pc named "files9" and 3 files inside: "Decrypt9.log", "NANDmin.bin" and "NANDmin.bin.sha"
and said that I could just copy/paste.

Oh, and also, I wanted to download Earthbound from the FreeShop, but it says "Need FW 9.6+ Seed Failed", does that mean I have to upgrade my system ? If yes, how can I do that without going to far in the version ?

I downloaded 4 swords ages ago on my o3ds and since it is able to be used to hack 11.0+ systems I went to try and redownload it from the e-shop but it is "not avaliable for re-download" is there any way to get it back from e-shop so I can use it to charge people to hack their 3ds's?

From the sounds of it you've followed the Plailect guide. If you have then you're running A9LH and you have no emuNAND.

If you did have emuNAND/redNAND (basically the same thing) that is data one the SD card but it's not stored like regular files, so you can't just copy it off like that. Easiest way to back it up or restore it is with decrypt9 in that case

You really need to clarify what your setup actually is.

Update: I just downloaded steeldivers for the second part of the dsidowngrade and when I exited the e-shop 4 swords was on my menu again 0.o That's spooky.

I followed the guide in the op: plailect.github.io/Guide/
using a N3DSXL on "9.0.0-20E".

I downloaded some games on Freeshop and they work fine, but there are some games like Pokemon Sun and Earthbound that I can't download, I get "Need FW 9.6+. Seed failed" when I try to.

what's her name?

So you followed the guide, but poorly. Because at some point after installing A9LH you would've been told to update sysNAND to latest (this is safe with A9LH). Please verify that you're running A9LH (hold Start when powering on, it should go straight to hourglass9). If so, update.

Not sure.

Through the normal means. That's kinda why A9LH is the best: there's very few "gotchas" with it unlike emuNAND where you can do things that will land back in sysNAND, such as closing the settings menu.

This is true suffering

At least you can still downgrade. Just find someone with a a9lh 3ds or buy a used 3ds and install a9lh on that one to transfer the fieldrunners downgrade.

Sorry for the posts, I thought they didn't go through.

So I just have to update my console by going in "System Settings" and "System Update" ? I feel like I'm goin to fuck everything up.

What part of

Did you miss?

If you checked what I told you you'll be fine. Think happy.

Yeah but if you're impatient you can probably send it to someone for hardware downgrade or DSiware method right now.

It's pulled from the eshop but, if you've allready bought it you can still download it.

Ok, I'll do that, I don't know how I missed the "Update your system" part in the guide, I'm way too anxious about technology, I fuck everything up on a normal basis, I don't want to screw myself from playing vidya. Thanks.

Yeah but the new hack will probably be out before I get it back

Wait, I thought you could only buy books and cd and dvds from aus amazon. Whenever I tried to buy anything it kept saying it's unable to be shipped.

I'm in the same boat. Some user said earlier that it's getting released with 33c3, so we're stuck waiting until after Christmas.

I might have to buy a physical copy of Steel Diver to use the method though. I had the fucking game at one point and then deleted it for space, so now I can't get it without updating.

Another reason added to why anons should have a9lh

That worked flawlessly.
Is there a 3DS and DS Holla Forums game charts ?

My heart goes to my fellow anons stuck waiting for December.
The game came for freeit is actually pretty good

what's happening then?

Supposedly that is when the ability to downgrade from 11.0 and 11.1 with a single non-homebrew 3DS will become available.

Wait, can you use steelhax with a physical copy? I think someone said it in the last thread but I can't find anything on it, and the pailect guide says:

I assumed the warning was about using a legitimate copy but it does specifically say it needs to be from the eShop. Does anyone know for sure?

I ended restarting because I was only barely out of the first trial.
Why the fuck doesn't the 3DS have automatic DST change?

Probably the same reason why it operates in military time

I managed to stumble about and learn that apparently it doesn't because they are different games.

But apparently steelhax is only a secondary exploit that allows access to homebrew. This means I should still be able to eventual use the DSiWare downgrade guide as long as I'm able to use one of these other exploits: 3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

At least I hope that's how it works.

Browserhax should work after the dsiware downgrade but I guess it would be more conscientious to have one ready from the get go.

But that's not how the DSiWare downgrade works. It doesn't allow access to exploits that have been patched out, only the shit that allows you to downgrade. All it does is downgrade the FIRM.

Using the 24 hour clock is a positive feature, not a downside. It's like the metric system. It's better but people don't want to use it because their minds have become rigid and inflexible due to years of using inferior standards.

If I were to get a New 3DS, not like a brand new 3DS but the New 3DS, would it be possible to homebrew it?

I recall browserhax being functional on v11 and up though.

It's all dependent on firmware, which varies depending on how old the system is and whether it's been updated or not. You're probably thinking of the cheap $99 New 3DS that just came out, which is on 11.0 firmware. Look at the OP to see what you'd have to do to hack it.

Version 11.1 patched it IIRC.

Yeah, I was too late for the "Sale" which soon turned into this scalping fest we see now ( ebay.com/itm/New-Limited-Edition-Black-Friday-Nintendo-3DS-White-/282259295313?hash=item41b7f70c51:g:WFgAAOSw44BYLfix ) so I'm just going to be buying a refurbished New 3DS XL. I wouldn't even be bothering with this but I "lost" it (Older brother whose is fucking 27 stole it.)

I'm hearing that they are coming 11.0 out of the box though so thats good news

Any idea what firmware the refurbished 2ds' from the nintendo website are? Could you return it if it was too high?

If you're buying directly from Nintendo, I would imagine that they would update it to the latest firmware. Just guessing though. I've never bought from directly from them.

I waited until now without even touching my 3ds as soon as the first thread talking about ding dong bannus happened, i turned my 3ds on and turned off the wi fi as soon as possible right now, installed a save manager, backed up my pokemon save, uninstalled pokemon, am redownloading it through freeshop. when it's done i'll restore the save and try going online to see if i'm banned.
Some background: I played the leaked game with wi-fi on from the first day like a retard, i did the theme park tutorial and i tried to go online about 4 times and not once it worked (that was before any ding dong bannu thread here for sure but i don't know exactly when). Root for me anons.

There is nothing intrinsically better about metric units. I agree about 24 hour time though

Haven't updated my hacks in a year now. I still enjoy SNES and Game Boy Color emultion. What all is new in the 3DS homebrew scene?

People make fun of BRs but even them are better than you

Better performance with kernel hacks
unless i'm missing something and cfws were already available or easily available a year ago

Free vidya gaems with a nice client on the 3DS. Unbrickable, permanent CFW that Nintendo can't kill. Faster emulators, maybe.

Did Rxtools ever get replaced with something that doesn't require internet access?

Luma? I have my wireless turned off most of the time.

So yesterday I used FBI to install the dlc games on Mii Plaza and now they're gone.

Should I be worried?

I need to update the hax for a friend, but I don't recall what I've installed to him
He's on 9.2, lastest emunand
wat do

switch to luma and do a9lh

can I not do the a9lh, it's too much effort for a little reward

No, it's not.

So how would one go about doing an rxtools 3ds -> a9lh 3ds system transfer? Just backup my saves, update the rxtools emunand and the a9lh sysnand to 11.2, and do the system transfer as normal? Or is it more complicated than that? I want the old 3ds to still work for backup purposes, I just don't want it to have the NNID anymore.

What are you even talking about? The wireless on my rxtools 3ds has been off for almost a year now.

Arm9loaderhax has 100% boot rate and is unbrickable, like was already said. Since then the only thing that's changed that I'm aware of is that installing it is now easier on N3DS (you don't have to downgrade to 2.1.0 anymore). Picodrive is better than Sonic the Hedgehog VC injection, so there's that. A9LH makes installing and playing GBA and DSi games seamless. Freeshop can be used to download games from Nintendo. Patching games is simpler now, dumping cartridges to your own .cias is simpler now, backing up save files is simpler now with JKSM, FBI is much better, etc.
There's pretty much no reason not to use Arm9loaderhax now. If you already installed it, there's not much that's new besides the homebrew I mentioned.

Why does the time being an hour off even bother you that much?

but i've got already a good boot succes rate without..

..ohshit, it is THAT good?

So, what should I do now? Emunand backup > a9lh shit > new emunand with luma > restore emunand?

You don't need an emunand anymore with a9lh but I guess if you want to use one luma can accommodate that. Read the OP.

Yes, and there's even a Luma3ds updater cia to download and install updates. Follow the guide.

wow, i've been out of this for too much
For the games that I currently have on the emunand I only need to run jksv to back up the saves, to reinstall the cias and then restore the saves?

What should I do if I have an original 3DS with the Homebrew Channel already installed and an ability to boot into EmuNAND if I really need it? What's the simplest approach to accessing this Luma and arm9loader stuff?

Why doesn't 3dbrew seem to mention any of the stuff in this thread? Can't you fags keep your wikis updated anymore?

Yes, but you'll also have to reinitialize the savedata by opening the games before restoring.

Emuserfs either ascended or were left behind. I can only vaguely remember what I did to my o3ds.

3dbrew keeps CIA versions of homebrew apps though, this has nothing to do with amemeloaderhax or emunand.

Was it from smea?

Because, the wikideals with homebrew applications. A9LH is not necessarily an app for HBL

inkerton-kun.tumblr.com/tagged/mama-chan
Thats Mama-chan

Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be cowtits

Wtf I spoilered that

One more if anyone wants it

/,ducj gies ub yrwr
U Xnw

You're right, the really good part about the metric system is the prefixes, which technically you could use with imperial units, but nobody would understand you if you give them a measurement in decafeet.

I used to fuck with my school teachers doing that
One match teacher tried to get back at me for doing it but i proved her i dindu nuffin and she got warned by her boss

I think i typed that one key to the left or some shit
I came

Just installed NTR a bit ago.
It stopped working after a while. Is that normal or is there any particular reason why?

I'm trying to homebrew on 10.7.0-32U.
On all the guides i've read on browserhax, I have to beat the update nag, and i have around 30 seconds. Once i scan the QR code to go to the url specified, i only get around 2 before it interrupts the site while it's loading. Is there anything I can do about this? I'm having a fucking heart attack here with how stressful this is.

i know fucking next to nothing about this.

You set the clock to 2K? You're, connecting to the special DNS server.

I did, i followed every step. The most time i've gotton so far is 5.1 seconds

Are you on O3DS using a game that has RAM Expanded Mode, like Smash, MonHun or Pokemon SM?

I'm on a O3DS, but it just stopped working after I set it down for a while and was going to keep taking screens of SwapDoodle

I just got back from black Friday sale and bought one of those $99 N3DS, I hacked my o3ds and got bored real quick and want to do a system transfer. If i update the o3ds will it brick or will I just lose access to CFW and be up to date with the official updates?
will post sauce later

Fucking hardcore

"Breaking; Man with 3DS abducted outside of Nintendo building"

Doing a system transfer to try and downgrade a New 3DS at 11.2, wish me luck boys. Nabbed Fieldrunners before it got pulled, got Steelhax and modified the save. I'd have used OOT3D instead but apparently its payload doesn't go up to 11.2.

cheeky little cunt

Delicious

Question about ROMs

can I still play online with other people (EG. Super Smash bros 3ds, Pokemon Sun, MK7, etc.) and not get in trouble?

Yes, just don't go online before the game is released.

I'm rooting for you man!

if by hacked you mean 'installed al9h', then yes. you can update whatever. same if you're an emuserf.

I remember installing cakes and using the loz exploit.

Is it still safe to update to 11.2 from 11.0 if you have A9LH installed? I know it is, I just have to ask anyway.

Anyone have the recent recommended game list for the 3ds?

It's safe to update if you installed A9LH.

Thank you.

My most recent 3ds chart is from 2015, so I'm of no use to you. Sorry

Should I buy a Ne 3DS Mario edition? (For the $100 deal). Or should I hold out for a New 3DS XL?

Okay so yesterday i tried twice but twice the download with CIAngel reported an error, so now i'm downloading with freeshop

For everyone who's still waiting to get unbanned. They're discussing a new method for unbanning. Sadly it requires another 3ds like the previous method. But you could buy one online and send it back after you did that
You need one banned o3ds and not banned o3ds or if your n3ds got banned another non banned n3ds.

1. Make a file transfer from the banned 3ds to the non banned 3ds
2. (Your) banned 3ds is now unbanned but the other 3ds is banned.
3. (Your) now unbanned 3ds generates a new friendcode and device id.
4. Save your new friendcode and moveable data with decrypt9
5. Wait 7 days (because you must) and make a file transfer from the banned 3ds to your unbanned.
6. The other 3ds generates new data and your 3ds is again banned
7. Inject your friendcode and moveable data in your (banned) 3ds and it gets unbanned
8. Return the 3ds you've bought because there's no evidence on the device left.

Oh someone made a detailed tutorial. Just checked if the thread was still there but instead go here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-fully-unban-using-system-transfer-requires-2-3dss.450388/

oh…
Oh…
OH…

There is another comic, right?

stupid question, but can i update a game from the game's nag screen, or do i have to grab the .CIA updates?

Can anyone upload to mega the Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0 - EUR - ctrtransfer ?
I cant use torrents

You can, but you have to access the eshop. It shouldn't be a problem unless you have official themes installed or some DLC.

i've never used the eshop and not sure i want to. i guess i'll just find the .CIA, thx.

Is this why my Hyrule Warriors Legends won't update from the nag screen? Because I have DLC installed?

Also, I have many official themes installed (especially for games I got for free - I wanted to give Ninty SOMEthing for them) what's the downside of that?

Themes act the same as DLC. If you access the shop, all DLC you have installed that you didn't pay for gets erased.

pretty fucking retarded that game updates are considered DLC

i miss the days when console programmers had have their shit perfect day0 because consoles got precisely 0 updates.

you realize that many games had different version releases, right? Zorldo OOT had 3-4 different versions that made changes/fixes. Nothing is perfect out the door

fugggg

name the game breaking thing that required 4 carts of OOT to be produced.

Islam

blood

radical jihadists

The fact that at least four people want to play it.

There was 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2

Google it.

N3DS downgrade was a success but now I have no homebrew access because Browserhax seems to be down. Guess it's time for OOT3D.

I want to play NDS games on my New 3DS, it's using a9lh, I followed the guide in the op. I already have a blue Gateway card, I wanted to know if there is any possibility that it will harm my system, like bricking it, or is the blue card safe to use ?
I read that I only had to put the "Blue Card (R4i)" folder in my microSD card and then launch the cart and it would work directly, is that true ?

Slapped a few more together for ya.

exhentai.org/g/724860/e0769f3346/
I tried to post a compilation of this comic but it was to big

Do you need your NNID in order to use Freeshop?

Updates aren't considered DLC, retard. DLC is DLC and Themes are considered DLC, DLC is actually tied to your account, unlike .cias, so when you use the eshop it deletes anything you don't own legally.

Pretty sure it have nothing to do with it. I had to try a few times before it connected to eshop. Have you used eshop`before? That might be, use it first then update.
If you own the themes then you will keep them, it only delete things you don't have, like Smash bros. characters and, well, themes installed by .cia.

Thanks, fam.

No problem, user.

So now that 3dsiso was nuked, is there an archive of the website-specific content?

nintendo is known for making revisions of games that are patched to current hacks. For instance a billion times have they updated n64 games to break action replay

oh shit, it got nuked? Welp, good thing I stopped relying on that thing since freeshop started.

Just gotta hope the wii-u site doesn't get fucked. I still gotta download the two games worth playing on that thing

You better back up anything you want because now that we know that someone has an agenda against Nintendo piracy, every distribution site is now at risk. It would also be nice if you stored the game files as long as possible.

Hopefully it's not some faggot who does it for free

You know it is.
It's probably some nintoddler who is all butthurt that people aren't paying 40 dollars for a 5 hour game.

It's a good thing freeshop exists.

Think they can take down rom dumps? Converting a .3ds to .cia is still an option for us

It got nuked because they're retarded. They got hacked and all username/passwords got release on tor.

psx hax.com/threads/iso-site-gets-hacked.1167/

There's also a cuckchan thread about it. Basically if you were dumb enough to recycle your password for that site, it just got out.

Good thing we all used the login in post 3

So do any of you fucks know where this "zip file in the dark web" is? For learning purposes and research of course

What different ban types are there out of curiosity?

The larger screen is nice but it also does blurry upscaling to the graphics. Also which is more comfortable to hold for you, that's most important.

Only scum do this.

Curious why it didn't recognize my errant swapdoodle DLC then. Maybe because it wasn't technically installed. Not sure. In that case maybe tksweep wasn't necessary.

The blue card is the one Gateway thing I'm still using, it's just an R4i clone so it should be fine.

Nope!

Shit I can't even remember what the password is. I pretty much gave up on the site because of monetization garbage, something the homebrew community does not do.

So, my sister updated to 11.0.0 at some point, I have an OoT cart and I hear the OoT entry point still works, should I attempt it?

I've been using NTR for streaming and I believe the "debugger" mode makes it get caught on loading screens if you change games. I don't know how to disable the "debugger" setting. I've tried uninstalling it to no avail. How do I turn of the debugger setting?