Gog games

Do I pull the trigger on this or what? Feedback welcome.

Just pirate them

pirate anything by EA. I also recommend you pirate bitcher 3 before buying it and don't buy dungeon souls.

Where do I even pirate from? Pirate bay and Kickass torrents are down.

IGG games, share thread repos/vola, lrn2proxy.

rutracker

Forget Spelunky, the classic version is better and also free.

The only thing you should be pulling the trigger on is your fucking mouth, jesus fucking christ.

trump_wrong.bmp

dubs of truth

You know sometimes buying from a store is more convenient than finding a trojan free torrent version.

TPB is on for me.

TPB works fine

I wouldn't say "forget it". It's a fine game. But definitely play classic first if you haven't yet.

If they don't work without galaxy.dll, how is that different form a trojan?

*from
just kill me

#!cx8kjQyR!B743DSVecj0TIKLpB1EPVwBW5iMS6ptzGFMNrn2c4hU

#!wx9AyBKS!OsRJ4OmfONhzdNCs82h4x3Aj0D_I9YjgH0d0up0d05w

#!FocniAhI!51CqKfHqWV3PBdmxTtjlNjFx4-RvHCmg4sYV6zw_uwo

#!1gsUSYiC!lkb3aWJ_kDlwBwDcEwyMx-a1oMpG7I1E1V0kbWLbYCQ

#!uckmzJiQ!NyxezB71btDr0CvzZ6iOw0MDzYbZIuwLeVH0S3QEEQ8

#!KNVk3TIC!kmcmrl1LzQF5pvARFn0eJokV-r2hb-PaCPQYrmBe8uE

+everything else on Nicoblog.
You're welcome.

Torrents are shit, they're only good for getting love letters unless you pay for a VPN.
Use direct downloads or Mega instead.

Is Prison Architect any good? I'm considering buying it while it's still on sale.

they still run if you just deny internet access.
i haven't bought a game from them since i got one with the phonehome.dll but at least you can still use the backups properly.
personally i like support some devs/publishers so i'd like to buy their games. i wish there were better drm free solutions besides good old spyware and jewbundle.

What does spyware even mean in this context?
If you run windows and avoid GoG because of "spying" thats like buying paper bags over plastic ones to preserve the enviroment while owning 2 cars

GOG feels perverse for me. What's the point of giving money to the rightholders who won't be funding/making similar games anymore? It really is rare that the convenience alone is worth the price. I like the lack of DRM for new games, but they seem to be on their way to fuck that up.

Kill yourself lad.

Funny how a thread about that pile of shit always comes around, when it's either a day before a sale of it, or another DLC, "upgrade", whatever is about to come out, huh ?
You braindead shills haven't learned a thing since your first attempts.

By using the search engine built into your torrenting client.

understanding the difference requires that you know what a trojan does:
a trojan creates a backdoor that allows for remote system control and information gathering by an unauthorized party
a copy protection dll just communicates with a server to say it's okay to play a game

。。。what? This seriously exists?

thepiratebay.org

i use qBitBotnet

lmao

The Ys and Trails sagas are on sale now on GOG. Highly recommendable RPGs that can run on toasters.

Good taste.

How new are you? Serious question

Mega is shit too since implementing quotas for unregistered users.

seconding this, Ys and Trails are both wonderful and if they're on sale you should definitely check them out.

Of course. Where did I think we were?

Anyway OP, you should at least get Dungeon Keeper 2. One of my favorite games ever. As for the Witcher, I had fun with it and I've been playing since the first. Keep in mind though that it's tough to start with the newest and work back, so if you're interested in the Witcher world or whatever, start with 1 and work your way up.

Next you'll tell me copy protection isn't DRM

You cheeky trolls, you

Wait, does GOG also have early access games?

Yeah but I think they only do ones that are already playable, like worthy of a small release. Instead of buggy half-assed Early Access bullshit. Factorio is in dev but it's already a solid game.

Unfortunately yes.

Elle Oh Elle

Good old Games is a noun, pajeet

Pretty decent. I don't know why you need to buy them all at once though? Just asking for a backlog.

By the way, anyone know when they'll probably put the DLCs on sale? I mean, don't mean to be a jew, but paying a total $80 for a full game is a little more than I like to swing right now.

You don't own it. It's a limited, nontransferable license for personal use (similar to music, movies, books, etc.)

also theisozone

but seriously op should stop being a faggot and get a private tracker invite already

Mega has become garbage and I wish people would stop using it.

how come

You're not wrong. That said, GOG is the closest to owning a game digitally that there really seems to be. Buy it, then so long as you have the account you have unlimited access to it, can download and transfer the files as much as you want, etc.

It's better than Steam, Origin, etc. from a sheer freedom standpoint.

Good goy, smart goy, give money to EA for destroying Bullfrog and raping their corpse!

Just the same with "official" DVDs you nigger.
They work based on licenses, you dont actually own the files, just the right to run them or modify them.
What the fuck will they do if I copy the files and the installer to a storage unit like an HDD, a Pen or a DVD?
Remove the games?

WRONG! If you own physical copy, you own a shiny round thingy, and it's yours forever! Until disk decay hits it or if it has limited installs per disk. Anyway, digitalfags BTFO!

Enjoy having only one storage unit to access your files from then retard.

By feedback you mean recoil?
You gotta get your hand used to it after pulling the trigger

When you own a physical copy, you have access to the storage medium (usually a disc) and the data found on it - I can copy the data as frequently as I like with no middle man.

When you "own" a digital copy, they have access to the storage medium and you have to say "please may I download the data I have a license for" whenever you want a copy of the data.

Another important aspect is redundancy, if something happens to a disc then you've lost a game, but if something happens to an account then you've potentially lost EVERY game and it doesn't even have to be because of targeted actions (such as account theft or a ban) - all it takes is some faggot scriptkiddies that think DDoSing is a hilariously untraceable crime, or even just the release of this year's hot new normalfag game to lock up a server to the point where accessing and/or downloading your games is essentially impossible.

Digital distribution is just too unreliable for my liking, I'll use it if I have to but only if I have to, give me physical any day of the week.

Theres being a smart consumer and following superior tradicional values/consumer trends and then theres being a fossilized ignorant retard who doesn't understand the new concepts at all.

Download game, copy on preferred mean of storage. Lose the copy? You can still download it and make another. Lose the account? You still have the copy.

If I buy a disc with a game on it I can rip that disc until the data layer physically wears away.

If I buy a digital copy of a game I will, at some point in time, have to ask the distributor if I can download a copy of the data from their servers.

From there, I can copy and install it as often as I like, but it doesn't change the fact that I still have to rely on someone else's server to get the data from in the first place.

What the fuck am I reading?

What the fuck am I reading?

And when that disk stops working? If it breaks?

Unless it has CD-keys or limited installs.

If you're in a position where discs are liable to break, you really aught to exercise your ability to copy the disc as many times as you can before it's rendered unusable.

Doesn't really matter, once the data is on your PC it's only a matter of time before it's DRM can be broken through - whether it's a digital or a physical copy, all security can eventually be circumvented.

So much for your 'Hardware backup'.

There goes your whole "digital means no ownership" argument tumbling down.

Isn't Christmas in a month? just wait until the sales.

You puzzle me, OP. If you're going to buy from GOG at full price like an idiot why would you buy them in bulk?
Why wouldn't you just buy them as you're going to play them?

/thread
Nice user.