Holy shit why arent there other shooters like this?

holy shit why arent there other shooters like this?

What's unique about it?

It's fun

Yeah we're really lacking a lot of stylized linear shooters these days, doubly so with slow-mo gimmicks.

if you really want a explanation why its good, its a arcade shooter than a linear shooter, to by cynical about it is to by cynical about rail shooters with the gimmick and incentive to shoot everything on the screen to survive as long as possible, which is exactly what this game does, but youre on foot, the incentive to keep a highscore the entire time as your speeding through a map is the most fun ive had with a shooter since timesplitters, which is the only previous non-linear-yet-modern shooter up to date with detail left to it thats somewhat good. to say that this is not a "good" game is to just realize that youre wanting to be cynical than to just actually admit its a formula used well in a modern era of shooters, there are parts to the game that arent perfect, so dont get me wrong. but the game is in fact one of the best shooters ive played that deserve to be on the list of the top 30 in anyone's list as a niche tittle or a guilty pleasure, to meme on that cynicism to just fit in is like sage-ing yourself so it can be down-voted, its cancer.

Not that guy, but the storytelling is good and the characters are interesting, especially your character.

The shooting mechanics are fun, too. Besides, its a wild west backdrop to the game, and those are a lot less common than tired old Sci-Fi or Generic World War II.

Jesus christ calm the fuck down.
Those are two completely separate concepts, but it looks like you're using "arcade" as an excuse for a AAA game having hallway-tier level design
Rail shooters are completely shit unless I'm throwing some coins at a random machine at an arcade to pass time. Rail shooters with kb/m or controller would give me fucking brain cancer and I'd immediately dump them in the trash.
congratulations, you've just found out about games post-ps2 that aren't loaded out the ass with forced cutscenes and "help me get this door open, Jackson." You do realize that an absolute fuckton of even the worst AAA shit games have a scoring system and whatnot, right?
What are you even trying to say with this? The only points you say that this game has is that its a shooter with a scoring system. What's with this cynical meme? No shit I'm cynical, I play FPS daily, from Goldeneye to RO2 to FEAR to even trash like CSGO. Of course I'm going to judge it based on the tens of thousands of hours I've spread across a countless number of FPS games, and guess what? It's subpar. It has minimal cutscenes and strays from general COD shittery and it still manages to be fucking bland. Having a scoring system for chaining kills isn't enough, you need to have proper gameplay behind it that doesn't feel horribly bland.
Alright I absolutely refuse to believe you're being serious with this post. You honestly think this objectively needs to be in everyone's top 30 video games of all fucking time? Is this your first time playing vidya? Even if I've only played 30 games in my life it still wouldn't be in the top 30. I've enjoyed myself more simply WATCHING people play better games.
You're just breaking down into buzzwords at this point. I saged the thread because you didn't say why the game is good, you simply posted some low-res cover art of the game and gave us a reddit-tier "DAE THIS GAME REDITEE?????"

fuck off.

Great pacing, great atmosphere, doesn't take itself seriously, great mix between narrative and gameplay.
Its just a really nice package and was like 15 bucks at launch.
My favorite is still the original though, but this ones pretty good too, they do different things.

Doesn't explain why its fun
Kill yourself Reddit

Pretty autistic posts
But true regardless

k bro, next youll tell me youve totally played it, and can totally tell its a AAA game, and its a cod ripoff right?

Great job proving him wrong

dont really need to, its a niche game thats just generally fun,not my problem that it isnt more to it.

it's arcady as fuck almost like timecrisis but you can move around

truly an arcade experience!

If you're not going to engage me on any of my points, you're at bare minimum a fucking shill. At least tell me you're getting paid SOMETHING to do this.
I did, in fact. I think I got it with a goy bundle, I don't remember.
It's more polished than an indie game, I'll admit that much. What are you trying to imply here? It's still not worth the $15? dollars that it's being sold for.
No, it's not. I only brought up COD because it's a baseline for where an FPS should never go. It's nothing like COD, but it's mainly worse simply due to how it's not even visually interesting. I'll praise it at the very least for not having forced cutscenes. Really.

If you're not going to back up your argument, get the fuck off the board, that's what we call a textbook shitpost. Try youtube comment sections if you want to be a drooling retard.

You could at least explain that the level design changes with the Narrative and that weapons are contained in the upgrade system which has 3 different paths for each weapon type.

Your whole post was garbage, hes complaining about that.
and the fact that hes a Quakefag

No

dont matter to me, its just saying that i need to reply to a retarded cynic. its like when people hate mgs2, i dont care to respond, in order to represent the community youre apart of you gotta act like you read? nah im not that insecure about myself to just fully change who i am so i can fit in.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/facebook/

great downvote, and contribution to the thread user.

Eh, I like quake for it's movement but I have a personal issue with enemies having more than an ADHD amount of health. If you want to imply that I'm pretentious with my vidya, I'm really not. I can "enjoy" most FPS to the end.

It's worse than COD in the way that it looks like shit and relies on generic "headshot slomo" and has even more linear level design. Like I said, AT LEAST it doesn't have cutscenes, which is shit I cannot bear unless they're well "filmed."

It should. The whole point of discussion is to win the other person over, or at the very least learn from analyzing the topic.
If I can take the time out to talk to a retard who can't understand what the point of talking on an imageboard is, then you can at least bring up some of my points and try to prove me wrong.
MGS2 is my favorite game and even I can keep a cool head when talking about it. Are you trying to prove to me how underaged you are?
Get the fuck off the website, then. It isn't here to be your faggot safespace circlejerk.
One of the only times on this website I've sincerely thought about reporting the thread for shitposting.
nigger I'm begging you to change my opinion on the matter. That's the fucking point of discussion. I'm willing to change my mind if you are. But if you can't agree on that then get the fuck out of here.

i mean look at this, this is what i expect of someone who keeps posting memetron, i bet you h ate avgn too, and talk about underage, youre literally posting underage memelord bait - the guy. youre so pent up on wanting to get a response, and you wont get it.

Right. I'll get on your level. Peace out nigger.

Time to go back cuckchan

Looks stylized for that comic book look
Doesnt look particurarly good, but its not a huge detriment to the experience.
Nigger what?
Theres like 2 sections with that shit and the first game already had them, in 2006.
CoD didn't invent shit, it just overused and succeded thanks to a big pile of fucking money towards marketing and making a move that was novelty at the time for the franchise.
Did you play the game nigger?
But it does have cutscenes you retard, have you even played the game?

I just want more western games.

What compels a man to post with a jontron picture?

cancer