What was your most dissapointing release of 2016?

What was your most dissapointing release of 2016?

[CURRENT YEAR] is on its way out, with only a couple of games left like the Last Guardian or FFXV most of the chances to be crushingly disappointed or merely let down have occurred already.
While there are a couple of stinkers left for formerly beloved ip's like Dead Rising 4 that looks like a western made trainwreck its safe to say most anons desired releases came out already. So whats been your worst experience?

Pic related for me. Its not some FF13 or Dragon Age 2 tier shit, just a step down from a series that was getting better with each release. Far too many farming missions, holds back most of the cool monsters till really late into the game, very clear "if you like weapon type X this one weapon is objectively the best and when you get it the carrot on a stick is gone forever" BiS weapons before HR in a few cases. New deviants are not interesting with most being the fantasy version of a bullet sponge, shortest game since the psp days and its reliance on nostalgia means objectively better designed monsters from later games are left out in favour of MH1 fights where the monster does 1 or 2 things for its entire moveset.

Its not trash, and i enjoyed playing it with Holla Forums, but i put in like 30 hours, cleared every fight at least once and never picked it up again, compared to 4U where i put in over 600 hours and have still not stopped playing it.

Not the bigget let down for me in vidya, but the worst in terms of games i played from 2016, what about you?

Monster hunter was pretty underwhelming
I am really not liking having so much locked behind monthly DLC
It just felt so unfinished, suppose with no G rank that will do it

other then that I cant think of much else, Ive played a lot of games this year

suppose for most actual disappointment ive had would be Fire emblem fates localization to the fact I did not even buy it for that reason

None

Because I have lost all hope.

Kill yourself

It's like you never learn.

Why is the best girl in the background?

user pls.

Dude, don't say THICC out of the blue like that.

I'm not experienced enough in monhun to know if this is completely unrealistic or not, but that sounds to me like the kind of time a speedrunner would get.

Use the T word and summon the triggered goons? no sir. She is just a plump glasses girl, thats all need.

Remember this one has no G rank and 'styles' that make it easy as fuck.
Except Plesioth.
FUCK PLESIOTH.

For me is was dishonored 2. Was really looking forward to it but then heard it had terrible pc performance issues and said fuck it not worth. Honestly i am sick of games getting released when they barely function and require patches to work properly.

I liked MHGen, i think styles are a fun idea, and just need to be polished and implemented better into the game.

I wasn't too fussed about the lack of G rank as this has always been the standard in japan, they always relese a G rankless game, and then a second version with G rank, while piggu westerners only get the G rank version, so it triggered them because it's not what they're used to and they don't understand how this actually works in the east.
I'm glad X sold well and i'm glad XX is getting released with G rank with the ability to import our savegames from X, i'm sure the G rank version of Gen will be released in the west in a year or so, with a Switch version release announcement most likely.

I've put more than 100 hours into it so far, crafted the main sets/weapons i wanted to make, and now boot it up when there's a new free DLC with some specific set or weapon i'm looking fowards to, and overall focus on gearing up my character and eventually importing my save to the G rank version once it comes out here.

user i am trying not to be knee jerk and reactionary but dont you think "its not so bad because you can rebuy it a year later for a 'finished' version of the game you already bought" is a little too goyim tier a reaction?

There is so much padding and the monster collection is so erratic it just feels like a huge mess. It isn't a homage to the best of the series brought together in a fun and enjoyable way so much is it is a horrific blend of individually enjoyable ingredients added together with little to no thought about the end result. The new monsters and the styles aren't really that bad, even if stylistically polar to the series so far, but overall playing the game just feels like trying to eat something akin to that ramen sundae abomination I'm sure everyone's seen at least once

I had issues with the game until I downloaded an AMD patch (crimson 16.9.2) and now it runs fine. Medium settings but I don't give much of a shit.
The game itself is fucking great. They removed nothing major from the first one, it's a straight amelioration with creative and expansive levels. You have every right to be pissed off at the performance, of course, it shouldn't be a fucking issue. Still, I can't personally be disappointed.

That's not what i said, i just said this is how it always worked.
This is how the series ALWAYS worked in japan.
As a westerner, you simply weren't allowed to buy the base version of each game, and skipped to the G rank version.
This time they released the base version of the game, and the G rank version (in a year probably) in the west.
The situation hasn't changed, all they did was release the base version of a MH game in the west, when they didn't, before.

Basically this isn't a new thing, it's a thing that has been happening for a shit ton of years but didn't involve westerners so far.
In japan plenty of people don't buy the base game of each MH game and simply wait for the inevitable G rank edition, everyone that doesn't want to buy the game twice can do the same, it's that simple.

I've only played like, one new game this year, which was the new Doom, and it actually didn't turn out to be a complete fucking trainwreck like I thought it would, so that was nice.

Actually, now that I think about it, I did play Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami. It was very cheaply made and also fucked around with a lot of stuff, like having you randomly fight Majima over 100 times throughout the game. At least we'll be getting the localized version of Yakuza 0 in two months. sage for doubleposting

I fail to see why you would think this is okay.

NOT BBW
THICC
THERE'S A HUGE DIFFERENCE

If you don't think this is ok then don't buy MH games.
In japan MH is considered the same way we consider CoD games in the west, an extremely overmilked series with a shit ton of entries that doesn't improve enough each iteration to justify the amount of titles and the frequence in wich they're relased.
Your perspective as a westerner has been warped because

-in the west MH is more niche compared to japan
-by only getting G rank games they were separated by more time each iteration giving you the illusion that capcom was taking more time making each new title

In japan, MH isn't considered some kind of video game counessour type of series, it's considered one giant rehash for addicted retards.
So, if you're not ok with this, by all means don't buy the games.
Or, you can just not buy the base game, and only buy the G rank releases, and pretend you haven't been redpilled by the truth about MH as a series, and that your favorite serie is as patrician as Holla Forums told you it is.

Definitelly gonna get Yakuza 6 just for VF5 in it.
I mean Yakuza is great but that shit being in the game makes it an insta-buy for me.

The series really hasn't been as stable as you make it out
MH1 -> (no g release/international release was partial g) -> mhf
(no Dos) -> mhf2 -> mhfu
Tri -> (no p3rd) -> 3U
(no 4) -> 4u
mhG -> Double Crossed :^)
Addtionally I would be happy if G games were never released and the regular games were just more difficult. Take the first gen games for example, where guild low rank 1-3* was optional easy quests for new players to get the hang of the game, and 4-6* was the actual low rank and equivalent of modern high rank in difficulty, but balanced around being challenging in low rank gear, then high rank is the extra stage difficulty that requires getting new equipment. There's absolutely no reason to have a high rank AND a g-rank other than to pad the games out, and there's no reason to release g-rank games at all aside from doubling profits by re-using assets. I'd imagine most of those profits don't go back into making the series better either, what with how ass-backwards capcom is about doing anything right ever, in-fact probably the only reason monster hunter isn't an iOS only gatcha series is that the director for monster hunter is given more independence than most of the other franchises capcom owns.

Yakuza 6 looks like it's shaping up to be amazing. However, I'm not gonna play it until it gets localized, since I feel like the story is going to be more important to follow than ever. I'm so glad that not only do we live in a world where the Yakuza games are getting localized, but they're getting localized extremely well.

She is pretty thick…
But can we go thicker?

I agree, that would definitely be the most elegant solution.
G rank has always been a very sloppy solution to pad out each MH game, making them feel bloated.

Yeah, same.
I'll always be pissed that we'll never get Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin!.
Son of a goddamn bitch, it's basically a better (but more linear) version of Way of the Samurai.
Why can't we ever have nice things?

The difference is this time they said repeatedly there was not going to be a G rank.

Then SFV bombed and daddy needs his emergency bux i suppose.

Note that we only missed one actual straightforward 'initial game without the G-rank' and that was mh4. Dos was a console version we didn't get, p3rd was a psp portable version we didn't get and MHG (not generations, MH1-G and it's wii port) was a g-version we didn't get, as opposed to a vanilla version

Let me get this straight, you believed them?
This coming from the same company that back in the day said RE4 would have NEVER released on any other platform?
The same company that made a deal with nintendo and then OPENLY FUCKED THEM IN THE ASS immediately when the PS2 started exploding?
You believed a company that has a huge track record of openly being dishonest and lying to their customers (and their business partners) on a regular basis?
A company that works almost entirely internally on favoritism, nepotism, retarded ass decisions and fucking over even their own developers if it means they're gonna make a couple more pennies?

My stillborn daughter.

If she's stillborn doesn't that mean she was never released in the first place?

LOL

So wait was she born or not? Why don't you love her? What do you mean by this?

Though, I will say, I feel like they had the G version almost completed, or being worked on, and wanted to release X to see how it does before XX.

XX seems a bit of a "Oh, they want a G version? AND IT SOLD MORE THAN MONSTER HUNTER 4?, WELL OKAY"

why did this arouse me

Condolences for your loss

No, it didn't.
MH4 sold more overall, however MHX exploded more quickly in comparison, with some countries having it as the #1 most sold game for weeks (like italy).
MHX had better initial sales, but not better overall sales so far.
I mean it still sold a shit ton, they're not at all losing money with it, but probably won't reach the numbers MH4 has.

You cant improve on perfection.

In gaming: Todd's sweet lies of fall out four. I expected it to atleast be similar to 3, I didn't have high hopes but the SYNTHS ARE BLACKS plot got boring fast and has been done to death. I never asked for this.

Fallout 4 was 2015.
Also, synths are only blacks if you pick the railroad, in which case you should have expected blacks from a mile away.

I've never played any game that was released this year outside of 2 weeb games. I don't count ports or remasters.

Too thick

Rabi Ribi and?

As long as it doesnt sag its never too thick.

Its not Rabi Ribi.

I expected FO3 and i got FO3 with improved gunplay, better weapons, but worse everything else.
Also a somewhat better Brotherhood of Steel, but still not to the level where it was originally, better than FO3 BOS tho, that's not up for discussion.
With the DLC they added building robots wich was pretty fun and probably one of the best aspects of the game.
Overall meh/10, it's basically a shooter with extreemly light RPG elements, moving fowards i bet all Beth games are going to be more and more like action/shooter games, that's what people want.
As long as you keep in mind who their audience is, you won't be disappointed, people that buh Beth games literally don't want RPGs anymore, so that's the end of it.

Except it did, In the market that they care about the most anyway (Japan)

MHX - Japan: 2.78m 84.9%
MH4G- Japan: 2.62m 67.5%

Not Dissapointing, but "How did they fucked this up?"

Wasn't mother russia bleeds actually prett good?
What was wrong with it?

This game should be immortalized as the very model of how not to make a stealth game.

We better get 6, or I will personally blow up Sega's Headquarters (HYPOTHETICALLY JUST KIDDING, TIS JOKE)

Doesn't have the personality or good music like Double Dragon Neon, MRB is filled with crazy amount of grapples and is intended to be played with friends, moveset is complete garbage and fly kicking slavs when you don't even have standing anti-air.

Here's some more trash

didn't you know user? thickness is replacing loli and rail thin in nippon. It finally happened. They have become the eastern burger.

There aint much that can compare to double dragon neons OST and come out the other end equal to it.

Goddamn time that those Japs got some taste.

Yes we can

I keep seeing the game mentioned and I've got no idea why. What went wrong?

Every single fucking waking moment and every single damn fucking time you're going to "stealth", your camera gets taken away to look at some interest point that you fucking do not care about, then when you get into the stealth, guess what.
It's fucking retarded teleporting with a meter that doesn't run dry at all, which removes almost all challenge of sneaking, the only fucking challenge is the FUCKING archers. Unlike most stealth games, usually you can fuck around with the enemies, except if you ring your bell twice they instantly go red alert and hunt you down. Touched with a retard rpg upgrade system that does not deserve to be in a stealth game. The fact that game is running in unity and has terrible god awful performance and visuals along with the completely obvious made for shitty controllers because you can't even rebind your keys ingame. It was interesting to see the first student demo, but this is just a fucking mess.

Simply put, it plays like a forced stealth section of an action game. It's rigid, flat, lifeless, and you can't move bodies. It's clear the devs had an aesthetic in mind, but had no understanding of stealth games.

…what the fuck did you just even say.

What?

What did he mean by this?

Shut up and post more.

he clearly said he is gay or he did not get molested by an older woman

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

"The pleasure of being cummed inside"

This is what too much thicc does to you, you could've stopped this

I only played MH for the first time this summer (MHFU) and it was great. Even played a little bit of MH Portable the 3rd. After I was really temped to buy 3DS with newest game (MHX) but all cuhrazzy shit displayed in gameplay videos was off putting. Better clean that backlog and save +150 euros.

4U is worth it.

3u and 4u made the 3ds worth buying for me, 4u in particular is great, 3u feels a lot less polished than 4u but is still miles ahead of FU in terms of polish.

I'm disappointed in the lacc of thicc

Not from shit gaems pls

no homo

are you trying to summon chin*dere user?

You faggots are pretty funny

They had one job and then they proceeded to do everything wrong with no signs of stopping doing wrong things.

I'm glad I got a refund.

NMS probably tops the list.

This whole year has been a disappointment for the most part. I think Stellaris and CIV 6 are the only games I've put any time into from 2016.

Homefront The Revolution. I thought since it was done by the Timesplitters devs, it'd end up great. I mean its looks nice and its still better than the first game sort of, but fuck it made so much bad choices mainly due to being in dev hell. Its still buggy now, its more inspired by the worst aspects of Ubisoft games and pretty repetitive after a while, it could have been more and I hope the devs do something after this like TS4 finally.