30fps

I feel really bad for people who had to play like this for so many years. If you can't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps, you got brain damage.

jo291

It's not that bad. Unless it's a game with really sluggish and sloppy controls, then it's fucking shitty. For reasons like this it makes me wish Bad Company 1 and 1943 were on PC.

yeah

You know exactly what this thread is going to turn into.

It's really noticeable when you move the camera to look around. On 60fps games, I'm used to appreciating the environment in movement, but on 30fps it looks super stuttery.

Is that gif a joke or something?

I can't see any difference between the 60 and 30, but the 15 looks a little bit stuttery.

Why did you post two clips of DaS running at 30fps instead of a comparison?

This is bait.

It also doesn't help that on consoles especially, developers overuse motion blur and depth of field to cover up those effects. Sometimes they can't even implement V-sync.

You have an eye problem.

ow

That sucks. Not that you'd want to play a first person shooter on a console to begin with, but those effects would really fuck you up if you need precision and fast reflexes on a FPS game.

Didn't watch the video before posting, sorry. Here's a valid one.

I doubt it would be the same difference. 30fps and 60fps is like night and day.

60 looks like shit
30 looks double shit
15 is quadripple shit

OK

Bad Company 1 had great destructive environments and a corny singleplayer, and 1943 was basically a $10 version of 1942. Shit's still active on PS3, it's just a shame it never got brought over to PC because a better framerate would certainly help matters.

There is literally no difference between them.

Anything to justify your purchase, I guess.

That 60 looks uneven to me for some reason

Scroll your screen up or down a bit

Nigger, I can easily tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps

But if 30fps really disorients you then YOU have brain damage. Yeah 60fps is superior but its not lime 30fps it the end of the world. Do you get sick every time you watch a movie in 24fps too?

Meh, I wish 60fps was the standard for movies

why is the 30fps mp4 file size actually bigger than the 60fps instead of literally half?

It can be extremely jarring, yes. The only reason 24fps even became a thing was because film used to be expensive as fuck so they wanted to find the lowest framerate possible that wouldn't make people sick.

There is no defense for anything below 60 today.

Because of reference frames and interpolation.

Films use 24 fps because it's the lowest framerate that can be used to trick your brain into believing the picture is in motion. On top of this films have tons of post-processing effects like motion blur that further fool you into believing the image is moving smoother than it really is.

Games don't have this luxury as everything is rendered in real-time. While there are several ways to add some post-processing to a game's frames, it's all automated and typically doesn't look as good as it would in film (often downright awful with how some games handle blur). There's also the fact that games are an interactive medium. While it's easy to trick your brain as you passively watch a movie, when interacting with a game and making inputs it's really jarring when the time between your input and the reaction in the game is delayed by any amount.

Lmao

I take my (You)'s very seriously

then the comparison is useless.

No, that's just the way modern video compression works.

The .gif is pretty cool and I'll save it for reference, but there's nothing really different from the webm. It looks the same.

I tested the .gif on my phone. If you think console gamers have it bad, never try to play in a phone unless it's one of those specialized overpriced phones/tablets

Nigga, this board has fucking ID's. If you're going to pretend to be retarded, at least don't be retarded for real on top of it.

a game being at 60 fps without issues is pretty much universally a good thing, but it's far from a necessity. It's just nice to have it. Don't know what sort of brain damage you'd have to consider it a show stopper.

The human eye doesn't even see more than 30fps in the first place.

Seriously? 30fps isn't good enough for people anymore? Fucking spoiled pathetic kids. 30fps looks great, stop being a spoiled fuck. "Ooh, 30fps is the new 20fps now, I can barely see whats going on, I need that 60fps!" Fucking kill yourself.

You just get used to it. I played ps3 for years and only got a decent PC this last year that really allowed me to play games on PC. To me switching to 60 fps from 30fps felt weird.

shiggydiggydoo

this tbh. 60fps looks too "real" and isn't cinematic enough.

I see the difference clearly in the GIF and the mp4s in but the mp4 in the OP looks the same to me.