Games you hated the 1st time round but now love

Pic related. I played this around release date and struggled through it. Didn't like or really 'get' the gameplay. Completed it with bare minimum number of keys. Was the only wario game I played.

Recently decided to give Wario land 1 - 4 a go. 1 was alright, 2 was good, 3 is now my GOAT platformer. Absolutely amazing. I played it through to 100% and am now about to start 4.

Anyone have a similar experience with a game, where you played it a while back and didn't like it, but on a revisit you clicked with the game for whatever reason?

I don't think it's ever happened, Never touch a game if it's boring enough for me to not struggle through.

Resident evil 4
I rented it when it first came out and couldn't even get past the first village fight didn't even get the chainsaw guy to spawn before I gave up.
I was completely unable to comprehend how to play the game properly.

fast forward to now it's one of my favorite games, I have 3 different copies, I can breeze threw it and take out Super Salvador's with ease.

I didn't like Vanquish the first time around. I'm not sure why, really. I think I didn't understand that cover was optional. I tried it again after a few months and loved it.

I love Vanquish, but the gun upgrade system and ammo accumulation keep me from really enjoying multiple playthroughs.

Damn man I love you
I wouldn't play 4, if you loved 3 you will be sorely disappointed.

Liberty Island feels wonky as fuck, but goddamn does it get better after a while

First time playing it I absolutely hated it. I don't love it now, but I do somewhat enjoy it.

Can someone tell me why the fuck did Capcom decide an AI should accompany you the entire game? I know people wanted co-op in 4, but they took it in a really stupid direction.

The moral of the story is that the Wii was a shit console and it made everything suck on merit of being on the Wii.

I don't think anyone could ever explain Capcom's actions.

Thank fuck I finally see someone say this. Every god damn "classics" thread some fucker posts WL4 as being the greatest thing on earth and every time I am just reminded about how much of a downgrade it was from WL3.

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
It was shit but then I played it again a few years later because I paid $45 for it used and I liked it a lot. Breddy gud but I'm glad I didn't super big into the series before they raped it.

Didn't get past Cordon the first time. I didn't 'get' the gameplay and the atmosphere scared the shit out of younger me.
I gave it another try after seeing Holla Forums praise it, back when we had STALKER threads that lasted for a week. It's been one of my favorite games since.

I've been trying to play this for years. and every time I just give up because I just don't find it fun

I really don't get it

There's a few things that make the game significantly more fun. Master difficulty is a must, crosshairs off I also find more interesting.
How far did you get? The hobo phase (first few areas) turns off a lot of people I've found.

I remember trying out Dariusburst for the PSP after reading about it on the Holla Forums recommended games wiki, at first I thought it was a boring mess with a boring energy beam which runs out way too quickly and an absolutely messy soundtrack

After looking up other replays, I learned that you could amongst other things counter the beams of enemy bosses and deploy a fixed burst, on top of learning how the scoring system actually worked. Over time I actually become more proficient at SHMUPs, and really got into ZUNTATA's soundtracks for the Darius series. After that I bought Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours on sale and made a multi-monitor setup just so I could play the arcade mode in the original 21:9 resolution

I beat the first mission.
I think the farthest I've gotten was past the battle in the dump full of cars and somehwere close to a factory of some kind.
Really don't remember.

I get the appeal, and I really like it for that, but the shooting and the tons of text, the missions you're given of going to X and killing Y are just kind of boring

That's about as far as I got my first time. It's barely into the game.
There's not that much dialogue you HAVE to read. Most is world building stuff. The sidequests can be a bit bland but the main quest more than makes up for it.

I'd say give it another try, but it's up to you.

For me it was because the first time I tried it was the DS version a friend had lent me.
When I went back and tried the gameboy version, I found that the game was actually fun and better looking.

gilda is for kiss not bully