People in my uni gaming club (because it's important to have as many connections as possible in college before going to...

People in my uni gaming club (because it's important to have as many connections as possible in college before going to work) keep telling me to try out this series but I'm not giving money to 2k nor wasting 7gb of my data cap. Never touched this series before. How bad is this series? Is the gameplay good? Why do normalfags eat this up?

Other urls found in this thread:

megadownloadcore.wordpress.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All I can really say about the first 2 is that they're "solid". The gameplay is somewhat generic but it gives a unique atmosphere. Infinite is complete fucking garbage overall though so stay away from that

I'd say they're at least worth the pirate if you really want to play them , since I don't think the first 2 are really that big. But I wouldn't pay for them

Just tell them that you played it and you liked Bioshock 2 the most. If they ask you your favourite part say that it was the bee place in the first game. You should fit in just fine and you don't need to play a really shitty game either.

People recommended to you a game you can pirate right now and play for fucking free, form your own opinion on it, and you still refuse to fucking play video games.
This board has the highest concentration of people that don't fucking want to play video games i've ever seen, it's like you think they'll make you physically ill if you even try.
Yeah, because as we all know you do so much meaningful shit every day and totally don't waste your entire life watching stupid shit on the internet and jacking off.

You want to be spoonfed?
Here's the spoon going straight up your ass:

-Bio 1 has an interesting premise
-Good atmosphere
-The gameplay is just alright, the main draw is big daddies being "wandering mid bosses" you have to set traps to take out

-Bio 2 has better gameplay
-Shittier premise and writing

-Infinite is flat out shit

That's it, there you go.

If you can fly me to your first-world home with unlimited 50mbps internet then I'll pirate all the games I want.

Play some System Shock if you want to have a taste of what Bioshock is supposed to be.

Tell them to play system shock 2 and then you will try it. You will never get asked again.

God damnit, user. Go play the game for yourself.
Fuck off, you can delete the game when it's done and you'll get more data next month. Christ. Anyway, I haven't played the fucking game so I don't know what it's about. I have it on console and haven't gotten around to downloading it (it's 11GB by the way).

Found this gem, have you used this site before? It repacked Bioshock 1 to 2gb. megadownloadcore.wordpress.com

Go download it on campus. I have a dl:20mbps ul:2mbps and 250GB bandwidth cap per month for $20.00. And the constant increase in game and appications sizes to ~35GB installer makes it impossible to reformat and reinstall without going over caps. Take advantage of your schools network and download on campus during the evening.

I'll see but my school's internet is shit. Takes 10 minutes to download a 5mb song.

First off, kill yourself. Secondly, no one in that gay ass club will help you getting a job.

Third, Bioshock is shit, play System Shock and then call them casual faggots. Whatever sensitivity police they employ on campus should be easily fought off.

First off, kill yourself. Secondly, no one in that gay ass club will help you getting a job.

Third, Bioshock is shit, play System Shock and then call them casual faggots. Whatever sensitivity police they employ on campus should be easily fought off.>daddies

It's System shock 2 for retards.
That's especially bad considering System Shock 2 is System Shock for retards.

Most people in the org have the same course (Computer Engineering) as me and will graduate earlier so I might have some employee recommendations when I get a job. Do you know anything else that I can do to increase my chances of getting a well-paying job aside from switching to trades or getting Latin honors.

I'd recommend continue graduating, just study your ass off and make good grades, and then get an internship and make your professional connections there, don't force yourself to "network" with some autistic faggots in a "gaming club" where Bioshit is the best caliber of games you'll be playing.

Alternatively, switch to trades.

You are in a club about games for networking opportunities. So I assume that means you want to do game development in some fashion with your education. Either way you are going to a school to study something where you will be working on a computer. Safe to assume that means you watch videos, download pdfs, and use the internet to help further that education. Generally you would want the school to have internet that is not routed through an acoustic modem. If you school has internet worse than a shared consumer internet connection in the rural midwest that is a problem.

People in vidya clubs are always the biggest spastic autists just like you. Either they only care for the vidya and will dropout before graduating or they're exactly like you and are looking for other people to help them first. Try to find people who like games in non-vidya clubs.
Also,
The series is probably not worth it overall. Get your friends to play better games.

if the connections you're making in college are people pleb enough to recommend Bioshock, their payoff will be that maybe they can cover your shift at starbucks for you

That's why everybody in my uni brings their smartphones for mobile hotspots, and we all know how worse the data cap is on mobile compared to home networks.

Ok, EE here graduated '12. It is the first internship that is the hardest to get. After that thing become easier since you have work experience. Don't be picky about the internship. First internship was as a software tester, last place I wanted to work (I like hardware and dont want to be in a cubical 24/7). But most of what you will learn at the first internship is how to give your class material context.

How about you get them to play the original system shock.
The enhanced edition is out that fixed a lot of the issues and you can use modern controls if you want.
If they refuse or just suck call them casual faggots and just go for the high score.

shit, that sucks. Well if you want that community something something for your resume, figure out why your campus has crap internet and lobby to change it. Of all the random services you are forced to pay into as part of tuition having a stable connection shouldn't be that hard.

I've only played the first game, but it was definitely above average. It didn't live up to my hype, personally I was quite naive back then, but it certainly isn't a bad game.

How sad.

It always has been bad.
Shit gameplay and shit story.

don't give me that shit, I have 1 megabit connection with frequent outages or the isp simply goes to shit and I still download videogames, you can also look for repacks so that you can have smaller files to download

Don't get hyped up when you find out the plot twist and say "woooooooow bioshock best game ever 11/10". Plenty of fags have fallen for that trap, and it's pretty much why games are shit nowadays.
Focus on the core gameplay if you want to really know how good a game is. Ask yourself, what parts feel cheap and gimmicky? How clear is it what you're supposed to be doing? How challenging is it? Are there noticeable bugs? What moments are fun and interesting?

I Feel like there were some competent and experiences people on the development teams who knew what the fuck they were there is some neat shit going on but the overall execution is mediocre
Probably because video game testers are the lowest common denominator of the lowest common denominators

….

Just play the System Shock games (and no, not the upcoming remake)

Yea, sure is going to be great being part of some cancerous gaming clique. You should try networking in other places, faggot.

go back to reddit faggotron

teehee

TOPKEK

That's why I'm asking if the link here is good. Have you used this site before?

Shows what the author of that comic knows, even when he goes online and looks up the ending he still gets it wrong.

In the ending where Elizabeth holds you under the water and drowns you, it only happens to the Bookers who submit to being baptised, those who eventually go on to become Comstock. The Bookers who refuse, like your player character, are not affected.

50 was more than 5 years ago. 200 is the new standard user

Bioshock is a classic. It's a fantastic game. Bioshock 2 is the bullshit one. Watch the Zero Punctuation to know all you need to know about that one. But I don't get why you all shit on Bioshock Infiinite so hard. I haven't played that much of it because I don't own a copy, but what I did play of it was lots of fun.

Bioshock is just System Shock dumbed down for consoles, plus a helping of "finally, a smart game for smart gamers!" from the very start.

The intention of the ending is clearly to have Booker make a big heroic sacrifice to prevent Comstock from existing in any possible timelines - maybe he walks away, then goes back, or maybe he gets baptized years later. Either way it's retarded because the prime split would have to do with the Luteces, given they're equally intelligent. The way Bioshock Infinite presents it, all the Bookers who live in a world with the opposite-sexed Lutece still have the story of Bioshock Infinite unfold, except with the sexes of the Luteces reversed.

Triggered.

Lucky Yuro.

I disagree, Bioshock 2 is still fine. Its a huge improvement in terms of combat, but even when you play as a Big Daddy the city of Rapture just doesnt have the same impact as it originally did.

As for Infinite, thats got a lot of issues mainly due to its complicated development. I adore the setting, Elizabeth is a QT, it starts out strong, game runs great on my low-mid PC, visuals are colorful and vibrant, and some guns quite pack a punch, I like some aspects about the game. But the main problem with Infinite is that it slowly begins to fall apart when you encounter the Vox Populi because then you're forced into the same boring warehouse environment instead of the city of Columbia. The 2 gun limit is quite annoying, I never really bothered using most of the vigors because a few didnt really have much use conpared to the plasmids in B1, sometimes the upgrade potions feel completely useless, it feels overly scripted and none of your choices really matter despite what some parts in the story would really give off, the language in one of the optional "side missions" only had one use, Elizabeth does certainly help out in combat a lot but I dont think shes a deal breaker without her, you fight against the same enemies so combat gets repetitive, I could go on.

I wont lie, I did have some fun with it, but I mainly got 8 hours in before I decided I had enough, Columbia was basically falling apart so I just lost interest. It just could have been a lot more.

The story in BioShock 2 was outright illogical. The game should not exist. It didn't have the creator's involvement, even.

Try again.

Nice try.

All three Bioshit games are illogical horseshit, kill yourself.

Reminder that Bioshit is for degenerates who think smoking a plant makes them smart.

Joining a game club at a fucking UNI means you absolutely accept all forms of cancer and shit taste you run into there. Never fucking ever will you relate to people there and be able to actually discuss good games.

t. faggot who used to be in one and had to deal with shit smelling minority faggots screaming weebshit at their smash game. Suck it up or leave the club.

DUDE

One of the most satisfying melee weapons behind the chainsaw in Doom.

Is this worth 32 bucks?

If you're really desperate for games on the PS4, then yeah.

Lol

More desperate for cheap physical games, I never played any 360 Bioshock, because I never owned one.

Well, it's 3 games, so which one is the shit version?

Infinite, Bioshock 1 and 2 aren't the greatest games ever but imo they're worth a playthrough each. pirate them on pc though

whoops the punctuation implies I'm recommending Infinite, should be a full stop after it. Don't play infinite

take a guess

infinite

I'd say the first two games are worth playing once. Infinite belongs in the trash.

All of them because you are buying the remastered version

I read the PC ports are pretty broken.
Do they run on this?

Don't give a fuck about graphics really. How is the atmosphere and story? Does it motivate to keep going?

Yes

Thinking about it, what you said is actually true. All they usually talk about is ASSFAGGOTS and Overmeme. Going to think about it.

How did you get a job then? What other stuff should I do aside from good grades, a fruitful internship and a good thesis to get hired?

He doesn't have a job.

He probably was born rich user

I can learn Japanese because I take real in person classes for it, but unfortunately you can't because you're a retard who doesn't get to go to college for free (plus extra scholarship money to mostly account for housing and food)

Bioshock 1 has a fairly good setting and, early on, a good horror atmosphere. Sadly it also has sub-par gameplay that is either too easy or too bullet-spongey depending on difficulty. The writing succeeds only where it rips off SS2 and most of the side characters are generic horror tropes (oh look, crazy artist man!). I've no love for Ayn Rand's pseudo-philosophy but the game is a pretty shallow attempt to 'deconstruct' it that relies heavily on strawmanning; impressive to games journalists perhaps but otherwise a fucking joke. Also vita-chambers are fucking retarded and if you turn them off the game has no checkpointing to speak of so if you don't spam saving get ready to replay sections of the shitty combat again and again. As usual 'if you don't like the casual features you can turn them off' doesn't work since the game is designed around having them on. Last quarter or so of the game is notoriously shitty and the final boss is a fucking joke. Also forced moral choices etc etc. Don't pay for it but maybe torrent it just to see what all the fuss is about (it's always best to form your own opinions, after all). Honestly though it isn't really worth your time.

Bioshock 2 improved the gameplay somewhat but lost some of the atmosphere. Writing is more or less equal in quality. Certainly it feels a lot less like a (poor attempt at) a survival horror and more like a shooter. Doesn't shit the bed as much towards the end. The best in the series but that's not a huge achivement. Buy it cheap or torrent it.

I'm not even going to go into the shitshow that was Infinite but think extremely pretentious writing and even more dumbed down gameplay. There are rare moments of fun where you can see the game originally teased poking through but I could count the number of times I enjoyed myself on one hand and still have fingers to spare. It's a rehash of the first game but in the sky and with even less depth. Don't buy it but do ask an user to post a webm of 'that card', shit is hilarious and depressing in equal measure.

tl;dr 2 >>> 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinite. Only one possibly worth your time is 2. SS2 does it all better.

How do you take screenshots in the middle of games?

The first game is ok. Bioshock Infinite is absolute garbage and the writer (((Ken Levine))) admitted himself that he wrote the story about "white privilege" and about how much he dislikes white people.

He's a Jew

I played Infinite and looked right through it.
It's the stuff which is more subtile which fucks you in head.

Do you have ADD or what?

system shock 2 has some absolutely terrible mechanics and feel however. Bioshock 1 is an improvement, but bioshock 2 is a legitimately great game absolutely worth playing through.

He also wrote it because he likes feeling stupid

I feel like you're making more of a statement than a criticism. A lot of games from that time can likely be considerably more obtuse than a game from, say, 7 years ago when consoles and PCs were starting to share similar mindsets concerning games.

I am making a statement. System Shock 2's melee combat, the fire arm combat, psionics, etc. all feel absolutely terrible. The recoil model is worse than the original system shock's which needed serious refinement but it at least you could understand the natural feel they were going for. The enemies are all a joke and even the biggest, baddest of them are ineffective and pathetic on the highest of difficulty settings.

There is no arguing that it's fucking terrible. Bioshock 1 had some neat ideas but largely squandered them, Bioshock 2 is actually a solid first person shooter, a good game for a largely terrible genre.

I hope you didn't play System Shock 2 as a shooter, user

I hope you know that a good 80% of the game is first person combat and that 80% is absolutely terrible.

So you played a role playing game as a shooter, and you expected the same kind of conventions as a shooter. Are you serious?

are you seriously going to defend the position that system shock 2 is also a good roleplaying game? Humor me.

You strike me as the type of person that played Deus Ex like a shooter.

deus ex also had terrible shooting, terrible melee combat, and terrible stealth. Seems to be a common thread on Holla Forums approved games. Some interesting ideas, almost universally bad execution.

But sure, I'll humor you. Like any role playing game, you have to invest in skills in order to become proficient at what you're doing. I guess next you'll tell me Morrowind is a bad game because you didn't invest enough into a combat skill and couldn't pass a check to hit an enemy.

never cared for any elder scrolls game. You do know that investing more into your normal, exotic, psi (and related trees), strength, etc. doesn't actually improve the feel of the games mechanics, right? You're still using the same mechanics albeit with a bit more damage and a bigger arsenal against what are essentially joke enemies. You do know that system shock 2's role playing elements are pretty negligible and ultimately come down to a strict progression and some choice involved in what weapons you'd like to use, that weapon use which largely determines a good 80% or more of the actual game play.

Ha, no. The first one is the best, second is ok, third is shit. If you're going to play any, only play the first one and leave it at that.

bioshock 2 is a far better game than the first one.

The game offers three distinct classes, you're encouraged to specialize, and you manage checks and statistics through your skill points. What are you even talking about?

Bioshock 1 is a decently complex but not quite amazing spiritual successor to System Shock 2. Contains Ayn Rand-ian economic philosophy taken to its logical conclusion
2 is also good and casts you in the role of a monster (as such) from the first game, a Big Daddy
Infinite's only redeeming feature is the artstyle. Everything else, from the linear as fuck level design to the jump-in-the-way-of-my-bullets AI is for casuals. The story seems initially interesting but falls apart with cursory examination

And none of this, good or ill, makes up for the unforgivable crime that Irrational Games made this series instead of Freedom Force 3

The closest they get to being distinct classes is a slight nudge in a direction at the very start. You aren't very good at this, are you?

Bioshock is a breddy gud game if you go into it without expectations; it's more-or-less a lobotomized first-person pseudo-RPG with good (>) writing, an excellent atmosphere and lots of absolutely top-tier voice acting.

Bioshock 2 is more of the same

Infinite is honestly probably the single worst game I have ever played, and certainly the worst AAA game I've ever played. If someone tells you that it "isn't that bad" then they're either retarded or lying. I really can not emphasize enough just how god-awful this dumpster fire of a game is.

Do your best, I got time. Gimme a full rundown on how and why it's terrible

Can't you join a sports or active recreational hobby group? I mean, you're less likely to meet someone who also likes video games. But you'll get fit and be doing something active with people, instead of refusing to play a fucking game recommendation and posting it about on a video game board. Don't get me wrong, Bioshock isn't a great series and Infinite is overrated trash. But at least playing it, allows you to discuss it and make a bond with the people in your club that you're in.

But seriously, join a club that actually isn't an actual waste of time like a biking club, soccer club or even a swimming club. normalfags and casuals are likely to infest places like anime clubs and video game clubs. And you're never going to meet someone on the same level as you or similar interests in video games.

Turd world people shouldn't play games anyway.

This.

Objectively wrong. For a game that emphasizes the swift combination of plasmids and weaponry (unlike SS2 where "plasmids" are entirely optional and worth it to be used on their own) not having dual wield makes it clunky crap. Bioshock 2 is the only Bioshock with acceptable gameplay.

Disabled user here and there's not even a club for disabled people present in my uni, so I can't look for alternative sports clubs.

Shit man, that sucks. Is it possible for you to start your own club or something?

I don't understand all the hate on Bioshock Infinite, I liked it.

Yes go-guy.
Buy it!

Used copy?

Join a frat you lazy nigger, or at least a finance club you know something serious that is related to actual work

bioshock 1 &2 are great, infinite has a retarded story.

The first and second one are alright. Infinite was an utterly irredeemable piece of rubbish.

kek

The first game is 3deep5you and the second two games are absolute garbage. I couldn't get past 2.

Kid, when I went to college I went for Engineering and didn't play into any of that "College lifestyle" shit. I'd rather make $100k a year after 3 years of College than get an English degree and know Japanese.

Why is that? Do you even know?

Those faggots are in the same shit boat you are. Their recommendation isn't going to mean shit.

Even if you're a freshmen and their seniors, their 3 years old recommendation you'll never get because they don't give a shit about you and obviously won't even remember you because they'll be living in a fucking different state probably with a wife and kids too busy to care about some retarded college grad from their gaymin club.

Fucking retard

I didn't like it back in the day and couldn't understand why the fuck it was so hyped. Overall I think the political message made a bigger impact because it was during the bush years. Ironically the main antagonist was the union/commie guy adam who like most lefty unionists was a total crook, but apparently most libtards didn't play the game at all and just repeat the shit they are told

The only thing good about infinite is the huge amount of elizabeth porn which triggers ken levine to no end since its his """daughter"""

I don't understand how anyone can like anything about it.

I'll look it up how to do that.

start a sega saturn club, sluts love saturns. I'll even donate a CRT to you.

Well, I like the 1912 scenery porn and I like Elizabeth.

but what about the god awful level design, pathetic combat scenarios, shitty weapons, half baked mechanics and the awful story they force you through?

First game was alright, if grossly overrated in many ways

Second game was actually pretty solid

Third game was an overhyped stinker, deserves most of the shit it gets

You're right, for some reason I can't help but respond to your shitposting. I need help.

They are complete shit if taken for gameplay alone. Imagine an FPS with Oblivion tier combat, but none of the RPG elements to make up for it. "Oh but you get new abilities!". It doesn't matter when there is zero depth to the system.

How can I start a Saturn club when nobody even gives a fuck about Sega or Sonic in my uni?

Nigga, if I find out you were in a video game club in fucking COLLEGE, I'm firing your ass!