ITT games you preordered that you didn't regret

In an age when PC games ship broken, and there's basically no reason to preorder anymore. What vidya games did you preorder that you enjoyed immensely?

Pic related for me

I played it through like 3-4 times when it first came out. Absolutely loved the game.

Never bought Mass Effect 3 though because I heard about how bad it was.

I've never preordered a game in my life.

I preordered new vegas and regretted it. This game is far from deserving of all the dick sucking it gets here. I'm convinced it's just a roundabout way of admitting you like bethesda crap but with muh avellone as an excuse.

I don't know if it counts, but I preordered Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on PC after having heard good things about the game in the past and good things about the port from pirates.

Every time I've preordered, I've suppressed red flags. Every time I've made an exception, I've been burned.

>>>/reddit/

>especially post Fallout-3 Fallout even if it did turn out good

Fo:nv isnt the best, but compared to most rpgs post 2010, its the best you're gonna do.

It was supposed to be the end of a genre, user!
It was supposed to be fun.

but NV was impossibly broken until few patches in, to the point of being unplayable

That fucking gif is like 9 frames long, why is it half a megabyte?

I still played and beat it when it first came out.

I remember the bugs though but I knew they'd be fixed

it's probably from tumblr, they can't even make gifs

well, it refused to launch at all for me, but you know how bugs are

JESUS CHRIST IT'S NOT EVEN COMPRESSED

Civ6. I always know I'll end up putting hundreds of hours into a new civ game. Also got a pretty big 2gb update a day ago.

I didn't even know that shit was animated until just now.

In a couple years neo/v/ will look back and talk about how good Skyrim and Fallout 4 were

Is this your first time encountering tumblr gifs?

Brain problims??

I played third one. It was even good, until the shit ending. Also, why they build up harbringer as big bad if they didn't used him at all? Only redeeming thing about this game was Citadel DLC. Getting Wrex…

hey they could have gimped the gameplay instead of the story like spore did

this board already does

also

I never bought a game in my life

that was bold

I've tried to play it and enjoy it, I really have, but seriously, fuck those fucking "survival" mechanics.

holy shit this is fantastic bait, even though I know it's bait I'm still mad

well done

testthis is a test

How do you preorder?

I preordered Tranny commies 2000, because it´s first time for me that I bought obsidion game.

you buy a gun, point it at your head and pull the trigger

I dont have Absolution though

In Europe?

yeah its not impossible, thats just a ameripoor meme. unless youre in the uk, then youre fucked

i switched to ps3 in 09 and havent got a newer console since.

why cant we have nice things anymore?

I generally don't regret my preorders, because usually because i only do em in 2 purposes.

1) I know it will get sold out, Latest time being the Bayonetta 2+1 bundle.
2) I do it in the hope i will get it early due mail order services shipping early, which happens like 7/10 times, which allows me to leak and spoil and get myself some salt, sometimes it misfires though, but that's still not much to salt about, to wit how early try a week, usually well before a dump is available.
3) I put one so the local store actually fucking stocks the game, this one hasn't been relevant in a good decade or so though.

i prefer the first, but for /the gaming community/ ME2 at least delivered with better combat and is probably the most okay game in the series

This, dont let your dreams be dreams. In many countries its quite easy to get a gun. For some (((reason))) everyone keeps hearing about how its impossible to get a gun.

user are you sure you played FNV on release?!

FNV was a fucking MESS. Almost unplayable without the patches. At least it was on xbox.

Ok, so confession time.

I pre ordered new Vegas, 4 times at different retailers because i wanted all the bonus dlc, and up till this point Bethesda would not release pre order dlc later.

I loved loved loved fallout 2, the only game I've ever bought a PC to play. Thought 3 was alright, but the combo of the original devs, and the the 3 fully rendered 3d world was orgasmic.

Mass effect 2 was pretty goodalthough I dislike 1, and despise 3

and nobody should have it. I had really low expectation about new Hitman because absolution was so shit

Sure but if you have a gun you're automatically a criminal and the police WILL shoot you if you try to carry it openly. Yep even if you're white.

Nobody wants to turn this country into America so society takes a hard view on guns.

ME1 didn't have good combat or anything good in general, but at least it wasn't as terrible as ME2 or 3.

I didn't know anything about the series and my friend told me to get it sometime after release.

I hated Fallout New Vegas for a variety of reasons but the one that holds a special place in my heart is the prompt at the beginning of the game that says I'll get a reward at the end if I play through on hardcore, which ended up not being a cool easter egg but a fucking achievement. Ironically, that was the first time I did not look up a guide or spoil for the ending for myself because I wanted to have a genuine experience with the game.

The second one is actually my top game ever preordered with the third being the worst.

For one that hasn't shown up yet Halo ODST's setting and its OST is still superb to this day. Probably my favorite preorder when I got to do firefight as Johnson.

The true reward for hardcore mode was having fun

Tell that to the Cazadors.

Did you play it with a gamepad or something? You can toast Cazadors straight out of Goodsprings with some good footwork and better aim. It's not like they have a lot of hp or anything. Hell, big fuck-you radscorpions are deadlier at that point in the game because of how high their DT is.

It was on xbox because I was a poorfag highschooler. Eventually I figured out how to fight them easily but they kicked the shit out of me for a good part of the beginning of the game.

I was used to Fallout 3's enemies like the albino radscorpion. All you needed to do was get on a fucking rock. I will give that NV had deadlier opponents but the Cazadors were OP in damage output and speed.

That explains it. They're not hard at all to kill with M/KB without ever using VATS, but I can see that as a nightmare with a gamepad since you can't snap-shot them. At that point in the game your damage to action point ratio, as well as your VATS accuracy is going to be shit and there's nothing you can really do about it.

I love NV, and it's easily my second favorite Fallout game behind 2, but I do think Obsidian failed console players with how gimped VATS is versus just using M/KB. They really should have given VATS a much higher base accuracy chance, which would have smoothed out the difficulty for console players, and gave PC players a reason to actually use it at all.

New Vegas was a buggy pile of shit encrusted diamond upon release. Are you a liar or just wilfully retarded?

why did that get edited?

I don't regret my 0 preorders I have made in my life.

Preordering new vegas was a mistake. You only got the caravan pack and that shit literally counts as a cheat. No new content, just gives you comparatively OP gear at the start of the game.

Why not?

that's the original familista

All the fucking negative reviews New Vegas got were way fucking overblown. I played New Vegas on launch day on the worst platform (PS3) and I fucking loved it.

Calm down there jerry.

= beta faggot
= stern amog

>preordering that shit

Resident Evil 2. Alas, the shirt I got for preordering has long since disintegrated, but it left me with no regrets.

I enjoyed Brink.
It was really fun together with friends.

What exactly was bad about it?

Pic related.

I liked brink until it died