Killing Floor 2 Launch trailer

Everything about this game was absolute fucking trash, down to this trailer.
This trailer shows what audience Tripwire want.
It truly is a sad disgusting trailer just like the game is a sad pathetic casualized and consolized less balanced version of its prequel with less atmosphere.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=232090
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that Tripwire genuinely believed that Red Orchestra 2 was going to be a CoD killer when it came out.

I fucking bought it on physical
For 30 bucks.
It was a Steam key and the game was incomplete and buggy as fuck.

did they actually update this game so that it's worth "1.0"? Last I heard it was missing like 2 classes and other content.

That'll all be in the season pass

That could have been a joke a few years ago, but it could be expected in this day and age

Daily reminder Cuckwire are scummy devs that deliberately broke RO1 cause the modders told them to fuck off.

RIP

Damn i forgot this game even existed
First is better and there are more players now thanks to humblebundle selling it for 1 buck

Remember how bandage, take cover, pick up gun and mount turret were all the same button with no option to rebind for a fucking year? What the fuck were they thinking.

With the weapons too. Probably the best time to introduce someone to the game.

And they were all binded to Ctrl

Since RO2 I havent touched a Tripwire game and I never will
Éspecially since they went SJW friendly.

berserker is more fun in 2, so 2 is better

>>>/suicide/

I played the first one years ago. It was fun for a while.

How'd they fuck up KF2?

demoshit detected

They added CS:GO style Microtransactions a year ago, but only just now got the game out of early access.

Commando actually
Kill yourself Tripcuck

how about i buy a 4 pack for my friends

Barely updating it and adding little content. When they did add stuff it was useless shit no one wanted.

Do it, I'll be laughing as you dig your grave

some anons got mad they were banned for spamming niggerjew on the forums

heres your reply

do they even play their own game?

youre so fucking mad holy shit

I bought the game and are actually enjoying it for what it's worth.
No regrets, yet.

I think you have too much of an outdated info.

But it has more classes and Masterson is right here. Briar is in the game too. Are you playing on console? There is no lock-on either, and the Patriarch is in the game, albiet a bit stupider looking.

My bad, I haven't paid attention to it beyond the initial beta release and the CS:GO crates being added back when the Payday 2 community shifted to KF2

Not anymore
Theres a few more now, but I havent been counting
who cares
if you fuck with the console, then only in single player games
valid, fuck this shit
They added Masterson and the cop for people who owned KF1. Classic Masterson has the KF1 voice. Anyone who doesn't use him is a faggot.
Some are okayish.
I miss the go upstairs and insult players commands too.
Yup, fuck this shit. They also said on the store page that it would be the same price from the start of early access to release, then they had a bunch of sales during early access. I requested a refund for this reason the first time it went on sale citing the store page's lie, and it was rejected. Fuck steam and fuck Tripwire.
Hanz is alright. Also Patriarch is back in. Which you get at the end of the game is random.

Also, I just noticed that right now, on launch day, the price is reduced from the early access price. Holy fuck I hate you steam and tripwire.

Well I see that it has the launch promo going on right now, but what was the EA price?

At least a lesson has been learned.

Technically not anymore.
Didn't know that even existed
Everything else is definitely on point, dear god this game is a mess.

I will put you in the ovens

Christ
This board really is cuckchan 2.0 nowadays

So did they end up adding all the perks and shit they said they were going to add, or did they just give up and say it was finished?

All of the KF1 perks are now in the game, plus some additional ones, and a 10th, Survivalist, on the way.

lol I requested a refund again because of the price change and I actually got it this time. I tried the first time they had a sale and it was rejected, but this time it worked.

So I guess I have to retract a portion of the hate I held for steam and tripwire now.

Since this is a KF thread, anybody want a copy of the original with the weapon DLC? I got it in a humble bundle but owned all of it already.

checkmate atheists

Reminder that Tripwire are such jews that they used UE3 to make this game and manually coded in UE4 features so they could have those features without paying the royalty of UE4.
They decided it was worth spending more time on developing the game than paying an ever so slight royalty.

Some mates gifted the game to me today, and we've been playing it throughout the day. I'm having fun with it.

I hope that it eventually reaches parity with KF1, with themed packs, maps, and the Christmas stuff. It's definitely a step up from the unplayable shitfest that was RO2.

S-sorry, guys…

It's okay user. I like it alright too.
I actually am rendering a review of it right now for Youtube, gave it a 7/10.

Meant for

The graphics look like trash

It has the best gore though.

Oh the days when I could actually feel like they were trustworthy.

zerkers and medics are shit unnecessary classes that add nothing to the game. yes slob regale us with tales of you running away from everything like a fucking pro and using your stun,knock back and unlimited ammo ill wait.

Well, yeah, we're talking about the people who replaced Zynthetic with Christian metal.

Or, rather, it completely missed the feel of the first game. Killing Floor was this wonderful, gritty horror game that was totally fucking derailed by voice actors who just could not help but turn it into farce, and that was absolutely amazing. With Killing Floor 2 it's sorta like what Borderlands 2 was to Borderlands 1 (only, y'know, Borderlands 1 was worse than Killing Floor 1), or (speaking solely in terms of style of humor) what Fallout 3 was to… your choice of the original two. When Killing Floor 2's developers first played the original, they didn't see wonderful horror turned into a wonderful farce, they just noticed wow there are funny words like "dosh" in it what epic memers BAZINGA and set the tone of their sequel accordingly.

Well, watch the trailer attached to the OP again. It's not about what fits, it's about what these people think fits: If it's not Christian metal, it's summer pop.

There was so much of this game that felt like landholding to me. Healing no longer requires skill, just general direction of the injured. The homing healing of the medguns almost negate the need for a medic, if it weren't for heal nades.

The design aesthetic changes annoy me too. Horzine is now generic neon sci-fi instead of grungy mad science. The Partirarch doesn't look like anything like a mad scientist anymore, instead mutating into generic steroid abuse monster, with callback weaponry. Hell, The Patriarch is piss easy on normal mode now. There's nothing good about him anymore.

It happens when you get grabbed. You're rotated towards the enemy that grabbed you and you're always turned into a prime position for a headshot.

That dumbfounded me. Unless you're likening back to the crusades, Christian metal doesn't even fit. Zynthetic distorted and had unusual sampling, but hell if it didn't make for a greta soundtrack.

And Christian metal is not what you choose for a sci-fi future faschy version of the crusades.

Fuck yourself and your shitty posts you southpark watching retard

Exactly, they decided to turn the "funny" up, not realizing that the level of silliness in the original was pretty much as high as it could go without feeling awfully out of place with the horror aspect. They failed to understand their own game. I don't know how much of the KF1 team worked on 2 or how many new people they brought in, but the original devs failed to stay true to what made the first game so appealing.

its a business not a charity, user

What is the point of fucking buying a game then? If this was a free to play game I'd couldn't care less, but this is paid shit in a paid game. It's the same goddamn cancer that CS:GO has I don't give a shit if it's a sustainable business model. It's goddamn sleazy. ROLL FOR ITEMS, FUCK YOU IF YOU GET SOMETHING SHIT.

Outdated info is on point

dropping by just to say that you can disable the auto-turn when grabbed and enable the welder appearing in your inventory in the options but it doesn't matter because there's a litany of things to bitch about in regards to KF2

images are something I slapped together 3 months ago over the course of 3 or 4 days, it plays fine but it's a little laggy which is a shame and I can't be bothered to address it

Note the "new characters are terrible" part being outdated presumably in that it doesn't mention Rae Higgins.

The game started development before UE4 was released. Scrapping everything to start over in a newer engine is retarded and we both know it.
I think Tripwire are slimy fucks too but come on man, spreading bullshit like that just makes it seem like autistic butthurt rather than genuine disdain.

Yeah, it's cancer, I agree. It's blatantly because a console version exists and because people are shitters. That said, Medic gets fuckhuge buffs to syringe potency and recharge so they're 100% not useless.
Harkening back to the consoles comment, Normal is the new Beginner. Just play on Hard or above and don't be a faggot.
Consoles/controller babbies only.
More consolebabby shit but it's optional and can be disabled in the settings.

KF2 has a ton of problems but most of the go-to for spergs to bitch about have long been fixed or are completly optional.
My two main gripes at the moment are the consolized keybinds for certain things (voice clips, trader menu, holding LMB doesn't keep swinging melee, etc.) and the shitty balancing on certain things (Firebug as a whole, M16, Nailgun, etc.)
At the end of the day, the core game is solid and once people start cranking out shit more regularly with the SDK I see the game easily sticking around as long as the original did.

Pretty much

I just use Classic Masterson and Briar for the most part. I don't care for any of the new people.

Don't forget the spawning is still shit, but I heard they where going to change that

I'm popping in here to dump some TWI image regarding RO (I never bought RO myself) and to throw in my two cents on KF (I have both games). First KF was great, it was flawed in a number of ways but many of those flaws were what made it endearing to the community. The crappy graphics of UE2 and the flat voice acting, along with a few bugs, made the game hilarious while still being fun.

Then KF2 came along and the devs got too serious and arrogant for their own good. It had (and still does, I guess) a ton of potential, but TW's big cheese, John, is a massive fucking faggot who thinks he knows everything, does whatever he wants to, and drinks the fucking kool aid to boot. Now, to try and make a short list of the shit they did but really didn't need to or shouldn't have:

And I could keep ranting but you get the idea. What baffles me is that it's such a SIMPLE fucking game concept, and yet these people somehow went out of their way to totally fuck it all up.

I don't see how the trader menu or not being to hold LMB to constantly swing melee are problems, honestly.

I bought the game just as it came out. It had about the same number of maps as now (which should tell you how shit they are at adding maps), and it was really fun all for $15. About 50 hours. The lack of classes did impact the replayability of the game. Especially sharpshooter not being fucking released until 2 years later. But they did have some really neat enemy designs. The Scrake and Fleshpound had god tier sound effects. But with the official full release for whatever FUCKING reason they replaced them again with some edgy deep voice hulk.

And the characters are fucking trash. So trash they released the original KF1 half a year later. And then added this strong and empowered woman. And of course item faggotry that never even took off the floor.

It was one of those games that was decent the first few months but then just got stuck in early access hell for 2 years. It was a coin toss.

I find the song kind of catchy though.

It's gay as shit. Plus, the menu itself isn't as snappy as KF1's was because it's made with controllers in mind
It's just a quality of life thing that can very easily be implemented but they won't because they're fags.

They backed down on the zed resistances overhaul and reverted it, at least, but only after their player count completely died in the meantime.

Normally I see these things and think "that's kind of stupid but nothorrible

Reading these bios, my brain was doing "what the fuck" on repeat

I have mixed feelings on KF2. On terms of game play and kinetics the game is nearly phenomenal and taken on its own the game is approaches nu-doom levels of quality versus the old game. When I say nu-doom quality I mean it offers an alternative experience to the original property, and too its credit when focusing entirely on gameplay KF2 can actually fulfill that role very well. But with mircotransactions, some shitty character designs, and some genuinely poor balancing leads to a game that seems to not realy show its 2 years in early access of well instantly. As someone who loves KF1, I appreciate what KF2 is doing even if it is designed for consoles sadly.
Anyone else get this feeling? Like KF2 is only good because KF1 has so little players?

It's one of the only times I've ever seen or heard of TW implicitly admitting that they were wrong and backpedaling.

KF2 has a lot of flaws, but most of them can be ignored, worked around, or directly adjusted. It's still, to an extent, a fun game but the fact is you try to enjoy it in SPITE of the developers, not because of them. The only major, direct problem regarding gameplay that I can remember off the top of my head was/is the fucking zed porting. You know there's only one scrake and FP roaming the map, and you know they're both together about 50 feet behind you, and then TADA there they are 10 feet in front of you around the next corner. I get they wanted a way to prevent kiting, but they way fucking overdid it with that shit, and to my knowledge they STILL haven't changed it, even though that's one of the first and consistently complained about things that the players mentioned.

when i said they drink the koolaid i fucking meant it, the thing is i didn't know until long after the fact because i generally don't get involved with game communities (they're almost always filled with the most cancerous faggots known to man).

KF2's actual gameplay is really nice and solid, and if you have a decent team, you can definitely get some good, solid fun out of it. The weapons and movement are responsive and feel right and the gore and carnage is satisfying. It's just that it's riddled with all these smaller, less important bullshit things that add up to be more infuriating. It's like if you took a nice polished plate of armor and started putting more and more holes into it.

If we could somehow mix the best of both KF1 AND KF2 while removing all the shitty aspects of both, you'd have a killer co-op FPS.

Oh Christ I forgot about the teleporting specimens

KF2 is practically untouchable gameplay wise, we are right there. But something just fucking dont make sense .Firebug is literally useless now as its damage is almost non-existent. Survivalist needs to be toned down significantly to offer almost no utility. SWAT can knock down anything, regardless of boss or regular ZED during ZED time and that isnt good. We need some indication of which boss we are going to get heading into the final round, even if it was just specific trader voice lines vaguely hinting at who it is. We need better server browser, like holy shit. And we need many more maps. All of these are serious problems that can be thrown at KF2 and they all really do matter.

I actually turned off the snap in the options because more often than not it fucks me over. If I want to deal with the clot, I will, but don't yank my barrel away from the damn gorefast/scrake/fp.

All perks are in now, there still aren't many weapons to choose from for each of them but they said the majority of their dev time from here on is going to be devoted to that. Starting with a mace & shield for the Berserker.

I'm mad as fuck about the direction the game has taken, and I didn't even pay for my copy. I won it from some British guy on Twitch.

I bet it won't even have extra damage reduction if you block.

I swear to christ I've seen a zed die and be replaced by something harder when it was the only one left.

Oh, and the stupid futuristic guns. I hate those too. I liked the old welder and medic syringe designs. The railgun looks retarded and so do all the medic guns.

I haven't touched KF2 since the economy update. the core gameplay is shit.
KF1 was a positioning based shooter, it was unique. KF2 has faster movement and sprinting, I never feel overwhelmed or out of position.
somehow the weapon feel is worse than KF1. sound effects are crap.

Anything that isn't SWAT, Support, Field medic, or Gunslinger, is useless. Literally. What's the point with Commando anymore, SWAT does it's job more efficiently. Gunslinger is a direct upgrade to Sharpshooter. Support makes Demo, Berserker and Firebug pointless. Survivalist is just a downgrade of everything, and still shit on by Field medic.

What difficulty do you play on?

Git gud fagget

Anything above hard.

Okay, I just experienced the sell thing in a game about 20 minutes ago. Luckily it was only a medic pistol and not my magnums. That should be disabled by default on the PC version, honestly, if even in the game at all. The melee thing, I dunno. I don't think they'll add something like that because of how you chop differently while moving in different directions.

The trader does have final round lines, but sometimes she just doesn't say them I think, or they're not obvious enough.

you get lock on headshots with the shaprshooter's railgun.

you can make the game less pozzed and more fun with mods. but again, the fun ones aren't allowed on steam workshop because 'muh feelz'

cry more, fag.

KF1 is a game about a group of chavs hunting down mutants while filling their pockets with some mad dosh, while also shit talking non stop for kicks.

KF2 is none of that, so why bother?

Plus where my main man Mike Noble at in KF2

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition of that goddamn thing and I still feel like shooting myself in the face for it.

I enjoyed Ostfront so immensely that I played it competitively and enjoyed it.

Not to mention all the "cannot prone here" shit. Or the time when you had to mod in russian and german voices in the game since retards at TWI thought that russians and germans speaking in english was the logical choice.

Or that the supression system was a great addition. Especially when more often than not, you would just get maximum supression for no apparent reason randomly leaving you half blind and essentially unable to aim.

I just want TWI to disappear.

I confirm you can refund it if you bought it in EA and select the "the game is cheaper" option. Let a message where you say Tripwire is abusing you and that you trust Valve to settle this or some bullshit.

Call me again once KF2 will get bots to play.

This is the number one reason that stops me from even pirating it. That + the fact that TI gives themselves the right to take away your game if you are mean to others.

It had paid mods added in before it even added in most of the classes.

So much cancer. I'll bet at some point the devs will reveal she was saving money to finish transitioning and finally get her dick lopped off.

Tripwire are absolute faggots who are so far up their own ass sniffing their own farts. Are they based in San Francisco now?

It's shit, but at least I got it for free. You cant trade games on steam, right? I'd give it to any user if I can

congrats, someone in 10 minutes wrote a far more interesting character than anything TWI has ever done. I know that's setting the bar low, but that's kind of the point.

I need a Noble outfit. On a more serious note, as I said above, TWI got too smug and too serious. They had no fucking awareness about what made KF1 endearing to the fans. John especially is an egomaniacal fucking retard.

I never got the appeal of KF. I played the first one for a bit years ago & got bored of it pretty quickly. Is it one of those "fun with friends" type of games? The only thing I remember is that the community was probably one of the friendlier ones in terms of randoms.

Also all this I hear about KF2 other than the devs being sjws is the whole compensating for console players but does the game even feature cross platform play?

I got everything maxed in kf1, the game is indeed only fun if you play with friends, and even then it is more of a chore than an actual game.

The game is aids and cancer mixed together, I think the only game that is more frustrating than kf is cs:go and dota.

The modded servers and custom maps were good, 128 player co-op turned the game into Imperial Guard Simulator

Half the fun of KF1 was playing in spite of your retarded teammates. Free weekends and sales were doubled edged swords: they would keep the game community more alive and active, but you'd also struggle to survive not only against the zeds but against the stupidity of those on your team.

My brother and I played hundreds of hours of it because we were both good, and we constantly shit on people who weren't and refused to listen, like buying terrible off perk weapons or not knowing what to do and when, etc. Since each additional player made more zeds spawn and made the larger mobs stronger, it was in our best interest to either 1) keep our numbers low or 2) get good mates.

The main issue was sucky players would pop in on wave 6 or something, demand tons of money [and bitch and moan on VOIP if no one gave them any, because "its a team game"], promptly get themselves killed super early thus wasting all that dosh, and either 1) quit or 2) wait for the wave to end and do the same fucking thing. We had to keep telling newfags "don't join late waves, especially if you're new" and "don't ask for money, this is a nightmare server and you're level 2 zerker on wave 5" and "well maybe if you didn't die every single fucking wave we would help you out now on wave 6, you're making this worse for every single person here" etc etc.

We considered it an extra challenge to outperform and, indeed, thrive in the face of such horrendous stupidity, and we enjoyed rubbing it in the scrubs' faces that we knew what we were doing and they were retarded faggots who should heed our advice.

Worse are the people who do those "Boost" servers now, come in at level 6 think they are hot shit and die super easy on "Hard"

Had someone pop on try to tell my lvl 5 firebug what to do, despite being completely incapable of healing himself or others and refused to buy body armor. I literally was keeping him alive for most of the match till I decided to fuck it and let him die.

that was always an issue with KF, they had those "fish in a barrel" xp boost servers in KF1 as well. A high or max level player doesn't necessarily mean that they're good, but it does generally correlate with people who at least know and understand the core mechanics and what to do, when. However, because the level system is essentially time based and not entirely skill based, eventually even the dumbest of fucking scrubs is going to reach max level, especially in KF2 since they made the leveling system far easier (yes KF1 leveling took far too long, but IMO the leveling in 2 is a bit too fast). So you will still get the occasional bad player on max level simply because they, for some reason, kept playing the game.

What would you have done to Killing Floor 2 instead?
Or would you flat not even bother making Killing Floor 2?

I probably would have made it with a construction system, expand on the barricades, put up traps, mount turret emplacements, rig cars to explode etc. Essentially turn it into an actual good tower defense.

I didn't knew KF had xp boost servers, I always assumed some of those idiots just used hacks or something.

Anyway, the same thing ruined Payday 1. Before overdrill there was basically no way to cheat yourself to max level (I mean you could share safegames or use cheat engine but I don't remember a single case in which a high level player was a total shit noob) and if you set your lobby to 145+ you had 3 other players who knew how to play the game. But then Overkill changed the overdrill mission which allowed people to reach max level in like less than 2 hours when it previously took like 80-120 hours.

That killed payday for me because now all the high difficulty lobbies were filled with idiots who just cheated their way up. And by the time payday 2 got released that game got filled with cheaters and all kind of scum.

I honestly assume that kf2 will end up going a similar path. KF2 will drive in a bunch of edgy redditors, they will cheat and do other bullshit because they suck at everything.

I enjoy it. The game's gotten a lot more polished since launch. It's basically not early access anymore.
I only wish I could somehow sabotage the fags ingame that actually bought cosmetics.

I have never played kf2 so I can't say much about that, but going from kf1, maybe add more weapons. Because you only have a handful of good weapons. Every game is basically the same, start as beserker because it allows me to get some easy kills and easy money until I reach wave 3, at that point I switch to support specialist and try to get a aa12.

Anyway, the game always ends with me going multichamber zed thrower + aa12 and I would simply love more options than those two. Combat shotgun is imo not worth it because of the freaking reload time. Now thinkging about it, the best shotguns are teh default one and the aa12. A bit more variate wouldn't hurt this game. I don't know about the other classes to be honest, since I play only beserker, support and every once in a while demolition, but in those classes I always go for the same weapons.

R E F U N D E D
E
F
U
N
D
E
D

I personally liked the Medic guns in KF1 more but the ones in 2 didn't look bad.

Fuck me for wanting this game. Played it on a free weekend and it was pretty good and fulfilled my appetite for gratuitous violence and gun porn but the developers are faggots. I still haven't forgotten their douchebag EULA two years later.they say they were really bad year for arbitrary reasons but that's still in the fine print, embarrassing typo and all. Milwaukee everything on it otherwise I wouldn't be tempted to buy this. Still not paying anywhere near full price though.

that idea sounds too good for Tripwire. If they implemented that I'd pay full price for the game.

This release was a mistake, I want away from all these brand new people who have no clue what they're doing and
ONLY EVER USE THE STARTING PISTOL ON SURVIVALIST

Oh look, a character who is so "le unique snowflake".

It's a shame "professionalism" is looked down upon by this cancerous society. If you lost the tattoos and actually dressed like the boring professional office co-workers you had, you might have actually gone somewhere higher than a data analyst.

If you buy this game, you are cancer, if you refuse to refund it, you are even more cancer. I don't know the current state of the game, but TI says that they will take they game away from you for being racist or harassing others or basically any other reason.

As if that wasn't bad enough they also added gay skins steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=232090 Seriously if you support this you can eat a dick.

The voice command wheel is more janky than the voice command menu.

Wait, didn't they promise they'd release the Matriarch before leaving EA?

The only dev who does EA right is Zachtronics and thats only because they release pretty much finished games on Early Access and make adjustments here and there and add shit for like a month or two before fully releasing it

The character and the description are actually made by TWI, only the the uniform with swastika and hat are from a mod.

Another thing good about Strasser is that the Voice actor is the same guy who did Company of Heroes German Units and Announcer

Obvious question nobody seems to ask: Who was the other guy?

What did you ever really expect from the system designed specifically to lock down and compartmentalize modding for monetization?

how far does the jewing go

pretty sure thats because people would buy tons of steam games and sell them at a profit

is not like it has been a problem for the last 3 years but that goes to show you how in the vidya industry nothing ever hits rock bottom.
there simply is no bottom to hit apparently

This particular trailer holds 8 FLOSCT units (FLOating Shell Casings per Trailer).
When was the last time you were this indifferent about a trailer or a new game in general?
At this point we may as well start measuring FLOPS per year.

They denied my first refund, any advice for doing it again?

When did you request it and for what? I kept getting my requests denied during early access but now it went in full launch, I said I felt like tripwire were taking advantage of early adopters and spiting them by cutting the price for those who waited, and boom, full refund in seconds

I played this dumpster for 63 minutes.
Now I have my 27€ back.
Thanks Holla Forums, you are my greatest ally!

remember to get ur refunds !!