Underrail

Never got around to playing this, so anything I should keep an eye out for?
Is crossbowninja viable?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10431
underrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164:temporal-manipulation&catid=43:dev-log&Itemid=61
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much any build is viable if you know how to play it properly, there's barely any worthless skills (aside from the social ones, ironically)
Crossbows and stealth go very well together with traps, which is pretty rad considering just shooting your way through is generally the most efficient in nearly every other RPG, but not always in UR. I guess that's what makes the game so replayable

Also, an expansion was announced to be released in February/March

Its a pretty gated game early on so if you don't go out of quest directions you will be fine with most builds.
The game also gives you ample tools to deal with problems so you may be outnumbered but never outgunned.

Get the fuck out and drain bleach down your urethra.

Sounds comfy. Say, is this about a solofag or are there companions?

XDDD

I went in thinking the attributes worked like in fallout, but you upgrade your attributes while leveling up, so you do want your main attributes at 9/10 for that feat you want.

I played xbow stealth trapper. Any strong target could easily be trapped and auto-critted to death.
Also a tip, unless you are superb on fighting, you do want high stealth at the end game, unless you want to spend 20 hours of unnecessary fighting.

This nigger failed basic reading.

Fuck off, tumblrtard

You seem upset
learn to read nigger

I still don't know who is more retarded.
The Underfags or that one autist that always spergs out afterwards

It's not even a underfail thread

The autist is right though, OPs image was bait

90% of all combat encounters is played without companions or any other kind of allies. Sometimes other guards and certain factions will come to your rescue, though that's usually in the city only.

It's almost like you can't take a joke

The spergout was worth it, though.

So it's basically a Metro 2033 but in RPG form? The game description sure seems like it.

you are
you are more retarded

I click on these threads explicitly and exclusively for the full rage thread experience, I have still don't have a clue what the game is

It's the tunnel kebab remover game you always wanted but never dared to ask for. No Holla Forums shit, no bioware romances and you can be a psyker sledgehammerfag.

weakling

I wanted to like this game but got messed up bad by damn near every enemy and couldn't figure out what the fuck I was doing wrong. Help an old man get good at this shit?

what is your build?

I played many months ago. It seems I was attempting a melee build. I wouldn't mind starting over b/c I didn't get far.

just play as a stealth+crossbow and get other stuff as you need to.
Also start making a rudimentary map for connections and keep notes for quests otherwise you might get lost.

As much as I enjoy the gameplay, the story so far has been boring-ass nothing.

But user, fisting is like 300 bucks

It's a work of some Slav from RPGCodex, he can't into flavor text in English. The game needs a native Anglophone lorefag.

wait you can play a social character in this game ?

Kinda

I meant "you cannot?"
Because I like playing social characters and usually dump a lot of points into it. If it's useless I'll avoid to do that.

You can get some value from those just keep a (well skilled) weapon for when the shit hits the fan. Or sneak like a bitch.

I actually bought the game on a sale in 2014, played a bit and then stopped and forgot about it.
Did they add a lot of stuff since then ?
Is the game gud ?

I went crossbow + traps for the synergies on my first run. You're a bit squishy in the beginning, and the late game can get tough, but overall it works pretty well. It's definitely fun acting like a cunt and snaring, poisoning and blowing up your enemies without even getting shot.

find out for yourself instead of letting strangers decide for you you goddamn cuck

I already own the game, I just wanna now if it's worth my time because I'm a busy man.
shitposting takes time

Don't know. Saw you fuckers talking about it and figured I might as well pitch in, and I found it pretty good if eye bleeding at times.

Underrail is the best dungeon crawler in years (although I don't play Jap stuff so I wouldn't know if they shit out something better)

Lots of exploration, great atmosphere, and combat where each gameplay style is viable, and not in a shitty Sawyerist 'everything must be balanced to a tee' kind of way

I feel I should probably link it:
rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10431

Time to finally finish this game.

I keep restarting to try different builds

lol

You're not looking hard enough.

How long are you going to milk this OP?

So does this game actually have good writing and C&C like the old Fallouts or is it just combat-based?

just play the damn game and find out.

It has an interesting setting and plot, but a lot of nuance was lost in translation. The mechanics make up for it, though.

I REALLY gotta know if a game is good if I wanna try it out myself.

fug

The plot is pretty weird in its structure. It consists of good individual pieces but it aims to introduce the setting in one go so the whole ends disconnected. The PC's overall motivation is quite unclear and in the end the time alien just tells you to shut up and do the stuff just because you were a chosen one all along. Really ruined it for me. Luckily the the most important thing gets done right as the gameplay is fun and the mechanics encourage exploring the neat setting.

Erika Marschlied build

ancient rat overcoat so good

time manipulation confirmed for Underrail
underrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164:temporal-manipulation&catid=43:dev-log&Itemid=61

Hype
I just hope it has a better end zone than the original game.

Hate to be that guy but if anyone has an up-to-date try it before I buy it I'd love that.

I don't use steam so I can't just refund it sadly and I love the creamy feeling of buying a game I enjoy but Poorfag and I'd rather see if its worth it. Plus steam takes a big percentage so its better to support devs like this directly

Hohoho!

Doesn't matter what your build is. End game fucks all builds equally. If you're able to survive the constant onslaught during end game then you'll probably have a hard time dealing with the last boss fight. The same can be said otherwise.

How do Psi builds work anyway? I'm just starting but I get the feeling psi is meant to be a secondary tool rather than a main weapon.

Going pure psi/caster archetype is definitely possible but you need to know how to build your character, because you rely on very specific feats and gear. With the combination of the tranquility feat, psi carapace armor and a psionic muffler headband you can decrease the cost for casting psi abilities a lot. Though you'll always be starved for psi points so having psi boosters on you at all times is pretty much a must, and therefore investing in the skills to make them yourself and knowing mindshroom harvesting spots is pretty essential. After that it's just a matter of using the most effective combinations of abilities and feats to make sure everything around you dies before you run out of juice.
It's actually a really satisfying build to play, but also a very delicate one.

Even jack-of-all trades (though I played leaning closer to stealth) is pretty interesting and not totally overpowered like it is in a lot of games.