Zelda delay

How fucking long does it take to localize a game?
Literally all they should be doing is changing text from jap to english.
Nintendo of America has been shit but they are literally causing the delay of the Switches biggest game to release late. This has gone on for far too long.

So the Switch will be dead on arrival and a copy paste of the past 3 years of the Wii U with a fancier gamepad, am I wrong?

Well they have a lot of texture edits and recorded lines to do user.

But don't you get it user. They can't release the new zelda yet! NOA didn't have time to localize it! What if a kid sees a rice ball user? Nintendo would be ruined, that is far more important than having zelda as a launch title.

Does this mean it might end up decent?

PREASE UNDASTANDO!

Are we going to get 'le epic memes'? Kill me.

Even ironically this is probably the truth and fucking pisses me off.

Say it with me folks:

DEDICATED GAMING TABLET

WITH NO GAMES

The Human Resources department at Nintendo of America is filled to the brim with SJWism. Thus the departments in NOA that rely on HR, like Treehouse, are cucked.

Switch is immediatly dead and zeldo is gonna be shit. Why did i have any hope for a nintedo game in (%y + 1).

Then isn't that just more reason to believe "localization" is delaying a game?

Mario is still a launch title thankfully. But it would have been far better to have Both Mario and Link at the start.

DEDICATED COCKSUCKER

Who cares?

Its going to be another piece of shit Aonuma dud anyway.

The atrocious Fujabayashi who made Skyward Shit is directing and Aonuma the hack is producing which means guaranteed turd whenever it releases.

I just want the Switch to sell well so I can play more good games on it like a new Mario or Plat game.

I've never understood the need to purge any and all references, no matter how small, of foreign culture from games and anime when they get localized here. Is there an actual reason for it or is it just the powers that be being retarded?

I know the whole Shiggy quote on delays, but the fact it's just localization could simply mean there's not enough memes considering modern NoA. Hilarious how the Switch probably won't have anything to show for it at launch.

Same person who put forward that rumour also says that it will have, Mario Switch, Breath of the Wild, an unknown Pokemon game, Mario Kart 8, Battlemode and more shit you want edition, Splatoon, more Customization and new maps/weapons edition, Retro Studios upcoming title, a new Nintendo IP and Pikmin 4 in it's first year, so if both rumours are true then good, if both rumours are false then good, Retro Studios will have spent 3 years of development on their upcoming title, pretty standard dev time for Retro, on top of this Pikmin 4 and Mario Switch have already been said to be ready enough to show off so I think this rumour holds weight.

Can't wait for that January direct so I can have an idea on what's coming.

Plat were shown as partners for Nintendo on the Switch, although this could just mean that that Granblue game is coming to Switch, or even worse, Lost Order.

user please. The US today is not a place for people who understand or WANT to learn about foreign cultures. People here on Holla Forums bitch about NoA but they know exactly how to market to the average Burger.

We're talking about Zelda here, not a series like Atlelier or Persona or even Tales.
Zelda is for casual gamers and kids not weebs.

No Metroid
No sale

gotta add in more memes user.

It takes time to input outdated memes into a game that didn't' have any before. Got to give the localizer's some more time to meet the max budgetary allocation.

I can't wait for Donald Trump memes in Zelda

I can't wait for video games ABOUT Trump
Will we get something gameplay wise similar to KH2 that goes through the events of his campaign?

I can totally believe that localization would be a reason Nintendo would delay a game's release, it's happened before and it's fucking ludicrous how long it takes at times meanwhile Pokemon can pull off a same day release for everyone no problem at the same time if it was localization then it would only effect the American release, right? Why would they delay the Japanese version just because NoA localization staff is incompetent?

When was that picture taken and what for?

Nintendo games over the last ~6 years have been delayed over, and over, and over again. At a certain point, it stops being a case of "A delayed game is eventually good…", and starts being bad time management. Fuck, if Zelda BOTW came out when it was supposed to, maybe the Wii U wouldn't be dead right now.

2002 and it was for a golf course he had just bought.

NO BANNONDORF

When you see titles like Starfox: Zero get delayed and still be shit, you know there's something nasty going on behind the scenes.

I'm pretty sure "A delayed game is eventually good" only applies when you don't have massive amounts of corporate bullshit going on that slows things down.

Finally someone who understands.
Miyamoto should stop being a retard and take the heeds of his franchises again - Aonuma has been, little by little, ruining Zelda, and if BotW flops, the series will be for the first time at the gates of Crisis, as it has been walking trough this path shyly.

Other Nintendo IP's also need more love: Metroid only got "B" games recently, Kirby is abandoned, just like F-Zero, Star Fox appeared again, but timidly. Donkey Kong needs some games with the same County impacts and Nintendo is turning Fire Emblem into moeshit-waifu, ruining the series for short gains.

Nintendo right now is reduced to a Mario/Pokemon company.
If Nintendo wants to remain relevant, the NX must absolutely not flop, and for that, the new Zelda must not either.

They want a simultaneous world wide release for it, or at leest very close to simultaneous, it must be packed with content if the localization is causing a delay, but at the same time they've clearly had a partially localized version since E3 2016, Maybe we lucked out and Nintendo came down on the treehouse forcing them to remove memes which created the delay.

And you know who's gonna be doing it, right?

>yfw zelda never comes out for the bait and switch or wiiu

localization issues welp sounds like something is being gutted, censored, sjw, feminist, with a side of cucking with it.
not looking forward to the switch did not really like the galaxy games, hd sunshine would be nice if i didn't play the ever living shit out of sunshine when it was out on the gamecube a sequel would of been better, really depends on what new games they are gonna put out for it but I don't really want anymore nintendo they have to many shitty practices and overpriced bullshit supply and demand crap to warrent buying their shit

Depends how much of the game's material is deemed "unacceptable" by the marxist thought police.

Oh boy it's the Wii U all over again, literally nothing good for the launch window.

More evidence that NoA is fucking inept at their job. NCL should shut them down and just do in-house translations.

?

I'd imagine Japan should just say fuck that and focus more on having a strong launch title for the Switch and disregard any of the West's nonsense.

This is 99.99999% unlikely but I want to believe it, if not just for Nintendo but that all localization projects begin to face more scrutiny by the developers.

They don't even require their localizers know how to translate, they take that out to an outside company and then use their Treehouse's "creative writing" skills.

Hope they make an FPS with him battling ISIS Duke Nukem style!

This. Nintendo just need to go 3rd party.

I think it's 100% unlikely, How the fuck does top priority game end up with a delay in localization and then need 6 months of testing for post localized content.

A third party Nintendo would quickly become the dominant force in the industry, you don't want that.

How long until Trump starts waterboarding SJWs?

Oh no Link, we need to use our time powers to defeat the evil Emperor Grumf before he can use the Breath of the Wild to destroy all the non Hylians!

"Ah, Link, I've heard so much about you: xe who will finally defeat that dastardly Grumf"

Yeah, I've got to wonder, how could zelda require enough localization to require a delay? There can't be that much text. Unless they REALLY want to get those memes in like in the one with the archaeologist speaking in doge, I don't see there being much work to do.

This is the thought process behind localizations.

ugh. How much longer until they go third party and make games for a system I own!!

>there are people legitimately stupid/deluded enough to think nintendo will ever go third party

The thought saddens me

Fuck me, that's terrible. You better believe they're going full force with the memage. Other additions will include

depending on how pozzed treehouse feels like being, we may even see a woefully dated "It's actually about ethics in x"

If they had to put in memes, I wish they could at least be good ones. Like Moon Man.

There's already a thread up you faggot who doesn't use the catalog. Enjoy the bumplock

I'd be willing to put actual money on them putting in a jab at Trump or something, since that's the 'in' thing right now.

Oh no, that's a given. I'm just wondering what other slop they'll throw in for the sake of thinking of the children, both physically and mentally

I'm not believing shit until it comes from Nintendo itself. This is exactly the kind of controversial thing these sites thrive on saying.

This will never be a meme, faggot, quit trying to force it.

I'm just saying, this bitch has been wrong all the time and is pretty much a fraud. I would take her word with a bucket of salt.

I know this is retarded but I am somewhat apprehensive that they are going to remove the physgun, because NoA is so goddamn retarded.
Thank fuck my autistic ass bought a Japanese Wii U when it first launched

Physgun is pivotal to the game, the most NoA does is re-write and censor dialogue

If there's a racy scene with Zelda then you can bet your ass that's out

Treehouse may be a group of fucking cretins, but I think whoever is the head of Nintendo would fly out to their HQ to personally fire every single one of them if they tried to do something like that. It's a biggish thing that has been shown, and Ninty isn't the type to backpedal that hard

You are autistic, you're bumping a shit thread with a shit, nonsense post.

I'm presenting myself with retarded expectations to make the inevitable pain of importing less painful when it becomes an inevitability

Just don't buy it at launch and wait for info about the game to come out before getting it

I doubt it will be objective garbage, but that's still a good way of looking at it. Expect literally nothing from the writing

There is already a thread on the new Zelda delay. While it may not state the reason of localization in the OP, it is said so in the thread. Locking so you fags can post in other thread.