Developers good or bad

Lies aside, he isnt such a bad game developer. For example his games have

are there any other game designers who are overrated or underrated in your opinion?

meme thread

I am serious, anons.
I also forgot to mention deep atmosphere and rich lore, both in fallout and TES games

Hey there Todd.

I am half baiting and half serious. I would really like to discuss interesting game devs

Bethesda has made a lot of dlcs

yeah but there is difference between cut content dlcs and similar jewing like that and actual dlcs which add new content

Isn't Bethesda fucking responsible for this shit with horse armor?

Yep

At least they're not sjws, I guess

that napoleon looks a lot like todd howard

It's Todd

The quality of Todd's games have been declining partly because he now has 3 or 4 kids and wants to spend more time with them, which is fair because it was his wife who introduced him to Bethesda back in 1991 or something. Looks like a fine family guy IRL, definitely not an autist or an attention seeking douche. He doesn't even have a social media account, props for this man. He deserves all the success he achieved.

The horse armor was just a market experiment actually. They wanted to see people's reaction to profusely overpriced DLC. I think it was Pete's idea, not Todd.

Todd is a bad developer. I think he's genuine in charisma when it comes to the industry and his ideas are bold and interesting, but clearly not competent in executing said ideas. He and his team only look at the big picture like "you can build your settlement" or "create your own weapon". These sound nice and I like nice, but there is no concern for the design of each of these mechanics. The gameplay in every one of his games is more conceptual than complete.

I would have a drink with him, though. He seems like a pretty chill dude.

B-but at least he isn't a SJW! That makes up for being a talentless oxygen thief, r-right?

At the very least he executed them.

Blame the writer.

Morrowind and the Terminator games.

You can find them on jewtube can't you?

He's a Marty McFly kind of manlet, which is really cool. Same height, similar voice, and everything. I wish I was a cool and handsome manlet like him.

Are games all made by one person now? Fucking stupid.

Can we take a step back from all this Toddposting and recognize how handsome Todd Howard is?

Op missed an opportunity. He should have named this thread: developers good or dad
And then made this a dad thread

Hi Todd. No, we still don't forgive you for no spears in Skyrim. No, we still consider you a liar. Yes, you should jump off a cliff immediately.

Todd is like a non-malicious Peter Molyneux.

He promises a lot of shit because he doesn't understand that programming shit as good as he promises is a lot of fucking work, and the idiots Bethesda employs can't even hope to achieve it.

If nothing else, at least Todd doesnt shitpost on twitter and make a fool of himself.

Kamiya doesn't put up with anybodies shit.

You forgot about Fallout 3 ending, didn't you?

Sage and checking for dubs. Have a nice night.

When do transhits finally get told to fuck off?

Or at least start killing itself off and do the world a favor?

Most of them do.

Yes, Todds games are usually surprisingly redpilled, like the ghouls in Fallout 3 that murder everyone if you let them in, and if you kill them, before or after, they act like you're the bad guy since 3dog is a racist.

Things really started to go to shit when Pete Hines started getting a bigger presence. I think it's him fucking everything up

I'd let the poofter suck my dick.

He wouldn't even if he had one, he's not an autist or a gook.

Cuz kamiya's himself an overrated shit. I really like Todd's polite personality better.

lmoa

Not being an SJW should be the norm not a highlight of a dev.

autist

Except have him assassinated. Like she did.

I'm just demonstrating your cuckdom.

That's not a pro.

we got a cuckfam here.

You're not a cuck. You are just a slut.

HORSE

ARMOR

This tbh
People always forget the Original Sin. It boggles my mind.

pretty cool how it makes sense reading it top to bottom/bottom to top

Oh, did I tell you to buy any games? I've never even bought a Bethesda game in my life. You're a sperg and a cuck.

Do you even know what a cuck is?

I cry erry time
Now hes stuck making $50 ammo for world of tanks

I don't think I can hate Todd. He's a liar but he tells them so sweet.

Also he's lying less now about Fallout 4 and is more just exaggerating features to make them sound better.

Some more Chris Taylor

Assuming that's true, at least you got 1/4 points right.
check em

birds of a feather, flocks together.

wew

I'm going to find a way to not get blocked.

what a world

like racecar!

Tom is an ideas guy, like Molyneux, but genuinely means well and gets too ambitious in his projects, as opposed to Peter's snake oil salesmanship. This is especially when Morrowind was being made when it seemed like every at BGS started losing their minds/talent and the games couldn't keep up with then promises.

Of course the problems with his games often go beyond him. In recent times I have a hard time seeing him as more than a glorified mascot for Bethesda.

I see you like to go for the guaranteed replies. I see you also like to make dubs threads. Very nice.

All these flavors, and you chose salty.

SQUAD left game-breaking physics bugs in their "1.0" game because randumecksdee. Not even gonna go into the money laundering (because Mexico) and horrendous work hours the employees endured.

I used to think Tim schaefer and double fine were bretty cancer until I met them at a dev party a month ago. My greatest moment from a gamedev con will be when Tim said he had no idea who the faggot from Extra Credits were and that he disagreed with him about creating games for minorities but instead make FUN games.

Fuck off tim

lovely bait

I wholeheartedly agree with this fellow anonymous user, everyone who disagrees isn't a real gamer and should kill themselves

I'm not joking when I'm saying that Tim might actually be one of the only non (AAA) cancer devs out there

Well if you're not joking then you're lying.

Not really, most devs are always bringing up >huw cun wi bring da females aboard the dev team. and wants the audience to shift from gamers to hipsters. In my meeting with tim he just seemed like a nerd

Quality assurance. Retard.

correction, a video game nerd. who wanted to make fun games.

He has to be a liar one way or the other, then. He's said too many things in public about the evil misogyny of GamerGate and how his dev team needs to be more diverse (aka hire people because of their genitals or skin color rather than their credentials). So he was either lying repeatedly in public, or lying once when you met him in private.
Unless this was a long-ass time ago, before he drank the Kool-Aid.

Well, I would rather work with Tim than James Portnow. just saying

top zuz
Tim is at least a dev (or was; he probably mostly just does management stuff now). Portnow is nothing but a "consultant" hack.

No shit. But guess who`s moving from the states because Trump got ellected. NOT TIM THAT`S WHO.

IM GONNA SPERGE HERE BECAUSE IVE BEEN DRINKING.
FUCK JAMES. NO GAME EXPERIENCE AND BELIEVES TELLING REALS DEVS ABOUT BASIC, BASIC GAME DESIGN.
Hnnggggg. I'm making a game… .DO YOU THINK THAT MAKING UI GOOD IS IMPORTANT.

A good UI is very important, yes. You're using it to understand and interact with the world, parsing the information it provides in order to make gameplay decisions, and just plain looking at it very frequently.

Also what are you drinking?

I'm just saying. James is currently traveling the world. telleing seasoned gamedevs that UI is important. Like no-one have noticed. and is currently thinking about escaping the US.

Polish beer and whiskey

Unless he has specific, concrete things to say about UIs in detail, what a fucking waste. Portnow seems to do nothing but state the obvious.
I'm drinking hard apple cider.

Didn't Todd create The Elder Scrolls?

No. Ted Petersen is responsible for creating the setting. Michael Kirkbride is mostly responsible for the cool metaphysics and lore. Todd was involved almost from the beginning, though. He did some post-release work on Arena (porting it, I think?), was a designer on Daggerfall, and took over after that.

No, but he worked on all of them excluding the original floppy disk version of Arena.

That`s exactly the problem. So the company I work for are creating an RTS, and he thought that giving someone who had no experience controll of our dev tools a good idea to test our UI. What do you think happens when a guy who have never tried an RTS tries to controll A free camera used for gameplay footage and testing. nothing good. HE couldn\t even move his units. James was like …. UNNGNNGNGGNNGGNGNG you might have to improve you UI. WELL NO SHIT

Todd wrote the imperial lore in Morrowind while Kirkbride wrote the rest.

Well, you're a cuck.

Todd's name doesn't appear in the credits for Battlespire, so I guess Redguard was the first TES project he was in charge of.

Source on the video and the music?

I guess that you studied at the Al Sharpton school of Marxist linguistics.

The irony being The Donald's brother, Robert is a director for Zenimax.

He did it first.

Now you are just going for general faggotry.

Is that true? I've honestly thought it's the only explanation for him being so humble and reserved, but excited about anything he makes.

Good to see Mark the Cake-kike finally sold out for shekels to bethesda.

You seem upset.