AMIGA / C64 THREAD

Post your gear and good games or and demos. There's almost never a thread about those great computers. I've got loadsa shooters and platformers and I can write floppies easely from my PC… it's fucking great. The sound is amazing, I've got many floppies with music or just demos. Pluged straight to my stereo.

Turrican II Is such a good shooter - platformer.

Or Ruff 'n Tumble where you play as a small kid with a machine gun. rad

Dan Dare has tremendous untapped meme potential.

Just got a nice fight stick and am ready for some good Amiga emulation.

Other than Turrican 1+2, Xenon 2, Silkworm, Super Cars 2, Chaos Engine, remind me of some decent actiony Amiga games please.

Also some timeless fucking grafix on that machine, pic related.

Or have the original nigger experience.

Ruff 'n Tumble is a great platformer shooter, embed related, I recorded first 2 levels.

Game?

Turrican II gameplay in 50 FPS

Jim Power in Mutant Planet

This shit was one of my favorite Amiga games, it was mostly an adventure game
Cinemaware did a marvelous job on this game.

Jumpin jack flash

You should visit >>>/vr/ if you haven't already.

I wish I had the money to build a old games station with good CRT monitors but I can't

Vita OLED emulation looks good enough

I know most of Holla Forums is from USA and Amiga wasn't very popular there, but we can do better than this ! There's lots of threads about NES / SNES / GENESIS all the time, so why not give some love to the good ol Commodore ? I'm making a video to show how easy it is to transfer stuff from PC to amiga floppy = Get all your demos and games with ease on the real hardware !

I think it goes without saying that this stuff isn't very popular because amiga and c64 systems largely didn't have any impactful or particularly great games. As far as 80s and early 90s computer systems go, the x68k is far more fascinating to me.

This is a C64 game and it wouldn't look out of place on SNES

that's more than a bit pretentious, it both looks and sounds pretty bad. More importantly, is it a good game?

I think it's a good game, I've played it few times. Find me a better looking game on a 8-bit system . Maybe saying it's on pair with SNES was an exaggeration, but this is pretty impressive stuff, I don't get how you can dismiss it just like this. Another nice game

mario 3 is definitely a more pleasant looking game, I don't really care about graphics, but there is a stark unpleasantness to the sound for c64 games. I'm not dismissing it, I'm asking if it's a good game. The level design and respawning enemies isn't really convincing me of much.

also, as a side note I think TG16/CD, while technically 8-bit, I think it's bit cheap so mention that considering its generational advantage. I will say however, that the master system is an incredibly underrated system that has the best looking 8-bit games.

Ahh i Know what you mean now (I think), those videos are from emulators and it's very hard to emulate C64's sound chip, here's some music from the real thing. You might still dislike it, it's rather different than usual chip tunes, but I love it. As for the graphics.. well NES was build for games, C64 just happens to be a rather good machine for games. Take into consideration the price of the machine and each game. Games on NES… about 50$ right ? C64 tapes or disk were usually bellow 10$ and if you had the smarts you could get them even for free, C64 is the computer that started the piracy after all.

Here's old webm I made. I recorded my TV, but the sound is direct (taken from this compilation actually )

Savage had some fucking great music

Only C64 has CAMELOT

Only C64 has GLASNOST

Only C64 has CRUZER

Only C64 has CROSSBOW / CREST