Infinite warfare flopping/COD future

Now that Infinite warfare flopped and being overshadowed by Modern warfare remastered. How will activision respond to this? My guess are ether
Return to World war 2
possibly world at war 2.
Or
Return to modern warfare letting
Ether Ghosts 2 or modern warfare 4.
universityherald.com/articles/31836/20160615/infinity-ward-call-duty-e3-ghosts-2-infinite-warfare.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Federation
callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Devil's_Brigade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A call of duty that takes place in the civil war to beat Battlefield to it.

Even now I can see players shooting with fictional rapid fire muskets.

call of duty where you kill normalfags and replenish health with chicken tendies

Game
Irony is….. I always thought Wild Wild West would make a great setting for a game.

But we already had Call of Juarez.

Oh, and apparently IW ripped its story straight from Gundam this time.

Bound in Blood has like, two levels set in the civil war.

I'd love a game set during the Korean War, but I think we all know what would be the general reaction to that.

Darkest of Days then.

That not new. Call of duty ghosts wasn't subtle about ripping off gundamn and the dark knight rises. The villain was literally bane. callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Federation

Besides, it would be banned in China and the suits can't have that.

Anybody else find it weird that after all the cookie cutter scriptfest crap that got released under the cowadoody brand THIS is the one that flopped? It's the first CoD game that managed to look interesting to me since CoD4.

I think this flop will only make Activision even more risk-averse.

Ghosts flopped as well and I'm pretty sure Advanced Warfare also flopped.

it's not a flop if it still makes a large multi-million profit reach tbh

That doesn't cover activision advertising cost. Hell Battlefield 1 probably the only triple A Shooter that turned a profit. Compared to Titanfall 2 and infinite warfare.

Refusal to innovate even further

The whole CoD lore is ironic as fuck. I won't be surprised if he was named Bane due to the recently Holla Forums meme at the time.

I think the Space Battles in IW is innovative. It was the first CoD to have mission selection too. What's stupid is their refusal to leave the cinematic and infinite enemy horde style gameplay. Consumers are getting bored of those. Sure the cinematic sequences are amazing in CoD, but they really hurt the replayability and game flow.

I think going too far into the future was their mistake. In a manner of speaking it "broke the illusion". The game is set in pretty far in the future, yet it's the same game they've sold a dozen times over and it becomes obvious to even the biggest COD drone.

wtf i love cod now

Considering the game came out in 2013 when baneposting was at it's peak, some cunnysseur dev who posted on Holla Forums must've adapted the meme.

callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Devil's_Brigade

I couldn't stop laughing at that part. It was so blatantly ripped off I wondered how anyone working on the team could look at that and think it was fine.
Then again, I had that same thought about a lot of shit in that game. CoD is stupid but by and large it knows it's a big dumb playable action movie. Fucking Ghosts though, I never thought I'd see the day CoD became pretentious

neither failed commercially but cawadoody game sales have been in freefall since 2013 with each new cod game selling less and less units
in another couple of years call of duty will fail to be profitable and activision will be fucked since they've pretty much forgotten how to innovate

they think memes are their allies. they merely adopted the baneposting.we were born in it. Molded by it.

Well, getting rid of Infinity Ward's good part was a mistake and it shows. I wonder how long will it take for this freefall to come to a messy end.

You should see Ghosts ending.