ITT: Music that would have been great for a video game but was used for something non-vidya

I forgot just how spooky and intense some of these old themes of music are when listened to on their own.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? has some of that music I could have seen so fitting for something horror-esque or a mind fuck RPG style game. Maybe even a bit similar in tone to some of the unorthodox music of Metal Gear Solid 1 and how the ambience of some of those songs sounded.

Just unfortunate that well done music like that was only attached to a game show and wasn't used in a creative project to make the most of that musical talent. What other stuff out there fits the mold for this Holla Forums?

I've always wanted a rhythm SHUMP that used an Acid House mix for the music. Embed related.

Requiem for a Dream. Yes I know, in the early youtube days it was used in basically every frag movie and I too heard it so often that I can't stand it anymore, but I would still say that it is a good soundtrack. I would say that Clint Mansell is overall good at this shit.

I almost forgot to mention how it'd work. The acid house is just my personal preference you'd be able to plug-in any EDM track with it. Obstacles and enemies would spawn based on the BPM and other aspects of the music. There would be a versus mode where you could play against a DJ mixing live.

anything from who wants to be a millionaire could easily work in a tron-like game

I'd love to see something like this theme when you're reaching the climax of a horror game.

Would make a nice DmC final boss theme.
It has similar build up and rhythm as Vergil battle theme 3, if the time comes I might do something with dmc3 music files to replace with this.

Picture you're about to confront the final boss of the shmup. Your ship's fully upgraded, and as this music is playing, billions of enemies swarm onto your screen only to get blown into thundering clouds of debris by your massive laser array.

Blaze of glory, anyone? And the "final boss fight" is actually what it was used for in the show this is from, where contestants would fight against Takeshi himself and had a very real chance of taking out his ship with a lucky shot.

Frank Klepacki did plenty of music for MMA shows. I think that speaks for itself really.

Fucking jojo I fucking love the soundtrack

This music would fit well in a Doom total conversion similar to Hexen or Heretic.

It's a song about having sex with the Devil.
THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON FOR THIS NOT TO BE A BOSS BATTLE THEME

That reminded me of this game for whatever reason.

Would I regret putting this movie in my LaserDisc player?

I'd imagine this would work in a depressing scene with lyrics or horror as an instrumental.

What would you guys think of rhythm games or certain kinds of cutscenes featuring more of chillstep and drum & bass type stuff? Maybe just depending on the genre of game? Or maybe a more ambient sort of take on the electronic music front?

certainly this

Fucking youtube comments, 1 in a million is good but that 1 is gold

This would work well in space engine or some other space exploration / sim game.

Pretty much anything Justice has made fits phenomenally for some genres
I'm thinking final level autoscroller for this. Like a 2D Halo 3 finale or something along those lines.

This could easily be split up into looping segments to make an incredible heist-like scenario
Just needs something else for if everything goes tits-up

I really want to hear this in an intense level in a game.

Embed related album- sounds JRPG as fuck.

Always wanted to do a game where an enemy "faction" has a specific musical style or instruments.

Miracle of Sound's non-vidya or film based tracks would also make great credit music for a game with similar themes to the song IMO.

Ah shit mane I kept on playing it as a kid.

I always found it interesting how classic electronic music acts like Daft Punk and Crystal Method had some really nice success composing for a big name movie and TV show respectively, but more electronic music artists aren't being as considered for composing soundtracks these days as often as I'd think they should. I think both indie and bigger games alike should consider electronic music acts like those for making music that fits a gameplay or a story narrative for something whether a movie or a game.