More cut content from MGSV, now in the artbook. Now Chico's new design was cut from the game...

More cut content from MGSV, now in the artbook. Now Chico's new design was cut from the game, as well as a slightly different intro to the hospital.

Does it ever stop hurting?

It never did

The title was a warning for us to not buy the game, but we didn't listen. Now we have to live knowing what could have been.

And it never will

Nah, Kojima is just being super meta. The phantom pain is within ourselves.

Why is it so hard to release a complete game these days?

There was and always will be cut content but back in the day developers at least made it so the content in the game still delivered a satisfying product. Now you get games with cut content and it feels like half the game is missing.

It indeed hurts like hell.

I also wanted Punished Paz.

That's something that was bugging me throughout TPP. Chico only gets mentioned a couple times in audio logs. It's like everyone forgot about him

Also was Chico's older sister ever brought up in TPP? I don't remember, but in GZ she seemed pretty indifferent by the way Kaz described it.

Maybe chico went to survive universe?

I always thought Chico was underutilized. Especially with such a huge opportunity to make him a "Null" or "Gray Fox". His art on the bottom right looks a lot like Null.

Amanda was mentioned once, which pissed me off since she is the best MGS girl.
It also makes sense for them to get her on board with Diamonds Dogs and have her run the Central American branch.

Those bits of bone embedded into Venom are Chico

I thought that was paz?

It's Paz

I still don't understand how they managed to fuck up that game so much.

Weren't both?

no, pretty sure chico lived.

Chico didn't jump out the chopper with paz, he was in the back crying.

the only person that really got "injured" was Venom. Paz exploding sent the shrapnel flying at Venom when he jumped in front to absorb the blast and protect BB. Chico just kind of "died"

I really wanted to see what would happen in the wake of what he went through in Cuba.

Honestly that would have been pretty good, I'm a sucker for revenge-edge

The use of that word implies that this content didn't make it into the game for the same reason as Mission 51, this stuff looks like content that was dropped early on, if you want to talk about cut content talk about return to Camp X-ray.

nope he died, it was on the tapes.

He's the bad guy in MGSurvive. Screencap my post, faggot! You heard it on 8ch first!

I'm pretty sure those top two panels are supposed to be hallucinations

That would've been pretty cool.

Because money. Kojima already had a massive budget and went overtime and was still far from done. Its a business, you can cry all you want, but it is what it is.

In hindsight, Konami could have definitely given him another year and some more cash as the game did pretty well. At the time, they were very uncertain of what to even do with their gaming division considering it barely made a profit. In comes Kojima Productions and MGS V going overtime and over budget. It made sense to cut them where they were and it must have gotten petty and personal if Kojima's name was wiped from the promotional material and box art.

We can cry about cut content all we want, but every game suffers from it. Original visions of games don't always happen and are instead reduced to something else. The key thing is that most developers roll with it and make it work. I feel Kojima did as well. Do I wish the game was complete and exactly what he wanted to give the fans? Absolutely, but fantasy and reality don't mix.

Can anyone give me a tl;dr so i dont ever have to play the series?

memes. that's literally the whole plot

Why does his face look so fucked?

Would explain why paz is haunting you. You gotta burn the body to kill the ghost, and the bitch is inside the boss.

Heres some new suffer art for you then.

It looks like hes wearing Paz poncho too, with the peace sign painted on
He'd probably never escape his love for her, or being forced to rape her

You're mistaken. The issue was they wanted yearly releases of MGS and Kojima was not down to party. His mgs always take a lot of money and always make back a lot more. The execs also sabotaged them during development like turning off their power, refusing to allow different departments to contact each other and changing around furniture oddly enough. You dont do that kinda shit when you want your investment done and shipped, it's counterintuitive and ends up costing you more.

Cold war and its aftereffects intermixed with some personal drama and cloning shenanigans.
Basically anime.
People taking it all seriously are just stupid. Naruto has more coherent plot than MGS franchise.

At least this happened.

Why won't it stop hurting Holla Forums?

How do you hate a man so much you become a corporate shill? How do you defend the massive amounts of cut content for MGSV with all of the other series that Konami effectively killed?

fug

Some old dudes make a secret society, another old dude and his best buds get mad and destroy said society but make their own. The old dude's best friend spergs out over his waifu and her will which sparks several years of conflict between them until the old dude wins by sending a young dude to kill the old dude who is his clone. The young dude then becomes a super badass. The young dude then has to stop a bunch of clones of his dad and their leader another clone of his dad but his brother from launching nukes because the brother has daddy issues. He succeeds which resulted in… nothing really except he becomes a future carrier of fox die which could've wiped out the world but it didn't. The second game is just some VR techno bullshit or something I don't fucking know. The young dude then becomes super old because of gene magic and stops the world from becoming enslaved by nanomachines only with the help of Ocelot who was pretty much the only productive, non-autist, character who did everything leading up to the end of SOP which is the nanomachine super center thing. Then Revengance is just about the dude from the second game who becomes super edgy and triggered by memes.

The End.

Because they are retarded.

People taking it seriously is what got us our president.

Trump and Armstrong are nothing alike.
vs
Armstrong was fun villain, but he was overcompensating bat shit insane jock who only wanted more war with some shitty self-contradicting excuses.
Trump is paragon of masculinity and intelligence, leading America to the bright and peaceful future.

They're so similar I'm actually not sure who you're describing

It was Reagan's slogan

You're both idiots. The true leader we need is Big Boss.

Pretty sure you've just described both of them at the same time.

Ha ha

Pretty sure no one was bringing out that meme. Only memes I've seen was Armstrong related.

I wasn't kidding

Then stop being 12 years old, mentally or otherwise.
Or at least check Trump's fucking program.

The image had the Armstrong MAGA quote, just tired of seeing that false meme.

wew
calm down laddie

Venom is objectively the most qualified person in the series for any leadership role. He's the most rational, he literally does nothing wrong, and he's the best of BB without the crazy because that was all cut from the game.

the scene with the rancid arm is still in the game in a way only instead he looks at his arm and sees the replacement. In showing the rancid arm it would illustrate that the protagonist has phantom pain syndrome.

Venom is big boss completely lost it
He even has skitso pills on his medical cabinet at the start of the game
And the entirety of skullface death is a hallucination, like the paz scenes

Name one thing he did wrong the entire game despite those things. You can't.

I still think skullface is "alive", as in always in Venom's mind
A villain that you cannot destroy without destroying yourself

Everyone is the hero of their own story

I think skullface might actually be venom, but he's trying to rationalize all the fucked up shit he did along the way
So he's seperated the demon and the angel from each other
So he can still be the hero he was in snake eater

Chico's sister is brought in the audio tapes, but the huge lack of Cecile or no mentions of her in TPP is disappointing.

I like to spoiler too
:^)

Yes, you’re a fucking kike. We know. You’re going to be executed.

Why does Skull Face exist, anyway? Was he in Peace Walker? I never played that. Honestly, the whole series’ storyline is a fucking mess and it’s not even the fault of the anachronistic release dates.

Trump IS Big Boss

Skull Face was a part of XOF, the counterpart to FOX that cleaned up after their missions. He basically tied up any loose ends/messes Big Boss left behind during the Virtuous Mission/Snake Eater. He was eventually hired as Zero's right hand man in Cipher. He eventually betrayed Zero and did all the shit that happened in MGSV. He was introduced in Ground Zeroes.

Giant General had a hard life

Ha! Next thing you'll tell me is that Paz is illusion!

Wait…the masked dude next to red poncho Chico. Is that…Frank? It looks like Frank Jaegar circa Portable Ops.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep collecting those old photographs. You've She's been through a lot, and could do with some memories of better times right about now.

but that's wrong, you fucking retard

it's mentioned in a briefing file tape that chico was one of the casualties.

chico was probably going to come back as this game's "ninja", ala gray fox in MGS1 and raiden in MGS4. would've made a good mission buddy.

There goes my hope for actually seeing Frank in MGSV.

Good is an understatement

You were saying?

Half Aryan, half honorary Aryan.

look, user. the least, the VERY LEAST you could've done was take a glance at the metal gear wiki.

he's half japanese and was made fun of when he was a kid for looking western as fuck.

and before you say ">the wiki" it's a tape in peace walker.

you cant mix blonde and nip to get a blonde, that is not how it works

Tell the fucking Kojima and the other nips then because this shit happens in all of their animes and video games. Hell, Ken from Street Fighter became 3/4s nip because of his popularity.

THERE WAS SO MUCH THEY COULD'VE DONE HERE

Well now, that IS interesting.

I'm not saying Trump should be all roided up and shit but I think every man needs to be at least decently /fit/.

That looks so fucking cool. Damn…

He's still got his left hand in the concept art when looking into the mirror.

Also, this concept art seems to imply you'd be able to kill the child soldiers initially.

one with the horn and one without, may have been a concept for both BB at the end and the player worn one.

But then wheres the scars? For all the detail they added in, why leave out his scars. especially when showing the left side of his face.

Dunno, might have been a rough concept at the time. Or maybe the whole story of venom was a hastly thrown together story when konami started fucking with kojima and co

there aren't, mgs is a niche series and survive appeals to literally no one but people who have 60 dollars to throw around, no extra time, and an attraction to zombie games that don't already have a zombie game to play
yeah i'm sure it'll sell millions

venom snake is frank jaeger

Definitely possible, considering how there wasnt any taboo subject he dealt with in the phantom pain. They might have forced him to rework the plot extensively.

Hi PythonSelkan.

We must embrace pain as fuel for our journey.

that's not who i am, but you'd have to be retarded to not see the mountains of evidence

But the real Big Boss didn’t lose his arm…

That’s the kid shooting at YOU.

What about the fact that you rescue frank before fighting big boss in MG1? Can venom now duplicate himself on command?

How would you know? You ever see his arm unclothed in mgs4?

Hm, you might be right. Just kinda looks like his left side exploding to me.

Yeah. That's a pretty common demon power

Get your facts straight. Most of that budget was developing the engine and marketing respectively. They were going to use the engine itself as a devkit for making their games from that point onward and even loan it out to other developers too with MGSV being the flagship.

However a new change in the head of the company caused a complete shift in priorities to pachinko machines and mobile games. Kojima refused to go through with it. This is also the same reason why the engine was burried as well, since Konami did it to spite fans due to the understandable backlash when this info came out.

I'm pretty sure that's what Kojima wanted to do for that specific edge and war atrocity look for Big Bass, but Konami ended up saying fuck off because it'd be too controversial. No real proof, just that the game all of a sudden changes it's tone around the child soldiers.

KDE is their most profitable division by far. Their 2014 investors report showed massive profit in that regard, far more than any other enterprise they had, pachinko included, and that is of course counting the fact that MGSV was in development at the time. Though they didn't go into specifically what was profitable about KDE, they mentioned that they were seeing extremely strong sales in mobile gaming market. I am making the assumption that they have been seeing strong sales in mobile gaming for a while, and when the CEO decided to take an axe to their development divisions, wanted to reform it with mobile games in mind. And obviously they were betting at the time that the pachinko market was going to expand, too bad it's actually shrinking.

I don't think anyone was expecting the entirety of the original vision, but they weren't expecting to get this lobotomized, unfinished version of it.

Shit picture, Boss knew John was going to kill him eventually and prepared him from the get-go.

bump