Anybody know where I can find video of someone playing the beta of the game?

Anybody know where I can find video of someone playing the beta of the game?
If you have wembs please post I'm interested

Other urls found in this thread:

4chan.org/v/
my.mixtape.moe/jgxtxj.webm
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Teleportation
1d4chan.org/wiki/Quest:Tau_Quest
teardown.se/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Apparently closed beta is over, but I'm not sure open beta has started.

I thought beta was for everyone with a preorder?

Bump for interest

The super special invite only NDA beta is probably over but there's the "anyone who preordered can do basic training and the first 90% of a mission ala Left 4 Dead's Mercy Hospital demo for a few days" beta that's for anyone who preordered the game. The latter isn't out until the 20-something-eth

I played it myself. I can answer any burning questions you have to the best of my ability, but it should be noted that the game crashed a lot. To the point where there was no point in even trying to play it because every game simply crashed. All of this seems to be related to the netcode, since the game never crashed for me on my few solo tries. Due to the insane amount of crashes, I didn't really test that much that I wanted to.

To answer the most important question of all, the game was fun. When it worked.

That's on the 20th.

How much fun are we talking about?
What about the gameplay?

Did the flamer feel good?

Can I customize the appearance of my Terminator or weapons at all? (Purity seals and skulls, not camo and ACOG)

Can you see this game having longevity or do you see it going the way of Vermintide?

Any EYE references?

Anything bad about the game that wasn't crashing related? A shitty system you don't like, a core mechanic that you don't find fun?

Favorite part?

How's the gunplay?
Any glaring issues you noticed?
Were your legs okay?

Does it feel like a L4D ripoff?
Can you play by yourself or do you have to have online teammates?

that's what I'm mostly worried about

How are the enemy animations?

So, solo is gud, multi fucked ?

Games releasing in December
Why are you coming to that conclusion?
E.Y.E has 32 multi

HE ALREADY MENTIONED PLAYING BY HIMSELF
Fucking retards, I swear to god.

The board is dead
Most vets are gone
And I´m joining them

No you dumbass, I mean "can you play with the AI well enough or does it feel like single player L4D"?
Fuck off nigger

"I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!!!"

C'est la vie.

Your previous post doesnt make that clear at all

I guess
And gone I am
It was fun

Performance and optimization? What are your specs?

Pretty fun? I really have to emphasize how often this game would crash and ruin all progress made, and that I only got to play it for a few days.

Never used it. Pretty damn sure it wasn't available to use, for whatever reason.

Nope. The devs said that you can get cosmetics or something to that affect in the campaign, but not online.

If they fix the issues the game has now, then I would hope so. It's really hard to say, since the experience was severely hampered by all the crashed. Once the next beta starts, when they hopefully fix this shit, I might be able to play it more and give a better opinion.

Not that I noticed, but it really had the EYE vibe and aesthetic down nicely.

Being an Apothecary for the first three levels is suffering. You can not heal yourself until you reach level three, where you are given a really shitty self-heal that ""immediately"" into cooldown, making you wait about 50 seconds before you can even use it. This is the same with any ability and class acquires, and it's fucking retarded. Healing people requires you to hit them with melee, which can be annoying to land, especially if your teammates are morons who don't stand still. Once you get the aoe heal, things seem to get better, but I rarely got that far before the game would crash or DC.

When I got to use the Spear of Caliban, or the Thunder Hammer or Mace of Absolution (which has a godawful glare to it that almost ruins the fun of using it). Almost all the upgraded weapons are crazy powerful compared to the defaults, and it's really great to clear a horde of genestealers with one fucking blow.

Sorry this is really slow, I'll try to pick it up.

Pretty solid.
Long loading times and optimization issues. Game dropped FPS quite often, and it's got no business doing that when I'm being rushed by xenos.
My legs are okay.

Not really. I never really found myself comparing it to L4D while playing it, anyway.
You can play by yourself. It's a fucking terrible idea when you're not an Apothecary, since you'll just die at some point with no way to heal yourself and have to restart all over.

I didn't notice any glaring issues.

It's fucked until they fix the crashes.

Well since he ALREADY FUCKING RESPONDED to what you thought I was asking it should've been pretty clear what I was asking
just leave

Any of you ever heard of Space Beast Terror Fright? I just found out about it and it is giving me a Space Hulk vibe.

Looks cool. Is it ever launching?

He knew what you meant after reading this

*smug anime face*

Well,I found a torrent of it. So maybe it is already released?

The biggest kicker is the fps drops its a damn shame and I doubt it'll be fixed by the twentieth knew having so many models on screen would hurt. Can you access the graphics menus and fix it?

I turned settings down pretty low except for post processing, since turning it any lower than high made the map much darker and harder to see the enemies. Even then, I still had FPS drops.
I would have played around with the settings more, but I had no idea the beta actually had an end date (I thought they would just let it bleed into the public beta), and I never got around to messing with them all that much.

damn shame hope this isn't just a 1% pc owner game I might handle it but the vast majority won't and that'll hurt it. Unreal is damn heavy on lights and shadows. Do you think most people will have to settle on 30 FPS? Do people with better hardware have these problems?

IT'S OVER

IT'S DONE

LET'S GO HOME

4chan.org/v/

kill yourselves goons

There is your footage.

YOU OWE ME OP
SUCK MY DICK

It's legit, thanks.

Found this on plebbit, supposedly quoted from some guy on facebook. It contains a lot of cold water :
(I know the sources are cancer, but I have nothing else as info)
So it's probably going to be really buggy at start. Like E.Y.E.

eh fuck it, I'll wait then. It's not like I had spare change left over to buy it on release anyways

I think that like E.Y.E. it will be really buggy at start.

dude what's wrong with your RAM? also if you have adequate cooling why aren't you running that i5 at over 4GHz?

Why there are hipsters hyping this shitty game? Anyone can see from the gameplay videos that its a fucking terrible game

?
Because their previous game was good even with the bugs.

THEY FINALLY DID IT RIGHT!!
FUCK YEAH!

what?
the only people ive even seen talking about this are 40k fans, and a huge chunk of them…
…are complaining that there AREN'T any gameplay videos. Are you here solely to troll/shitpost? You sound like you don't fucking know anything. There are exactly zero gameplay vids. All of the deathwing videos are little trailers of ten second clips of action cut together into one vid. The only exceptions to this that i've seen (and i keep fucking checking) are
1) the german guys talking about it, they keep pausing the game and there's maybe 5 total minutes of actual play
2) ancient recording of screen behind closed doors of E3
3) the video linked in this very thread of closed beta play, which is unlisted and so is only available to whoever is given the link, which I literally just watched.

That last video is THE ONLY gameplay video that I've seen and I've been following the game closely enough, not to mention I only saw it because of this thread. People have been warning others not to preorder at all specifically because there aren't any gameplay videos, so you claiming that people shouldn't buy it because of what is shown in videos makes no sense. Explain your shitpost, faggot.

looks promising so far.Im getting doom 3 vibe of it

(checked)
The gore and ragdolls are hilarious.

Oh god YES

Oi, dat's sum real choppy footatch ya got dere, boss.

Mork dammit, CAGHDORR.

I'm getting motionsick just from watching because of the claustrophobic FOV and massive headbob.

Just imagine
That would be an awesome twist!

Yeah but, thats why the imperium has the dialogus sororitas, to peacefully annex lost human worlds.

Lol hipsters

I'm sure those chicks are doing a great job, as long as some immaterial prankster doesn't give them silly googly eyes :^)

The framerate drops on that look really fucking annoying. I hope they can iron out some of these issues, because it does seem like it will at least be some fun.

now I hope there will be some sororitas in the game

no, you faggot. nobody had seen them, therefore nobody had. An utter lack of gameplay videos has been a constant issue brought up by the would-be community for months and months now.

Confirmed for being a low effort shitposter. lol faggot try not to enjoy those dicks in your ass too much :^)

Do you want to expand the genestealer colony or something ?

It looks a hell of a lot slower than E.Y.E.

nigga they don't even send regular marines onto space hulks, why on earth would they send their weaker waifu bait on there?

If the Space Hulk had daemons in it they could've sent Grey Knights, in which case having Sororitas there would be very helpful.

Cut that shit out before GW hears you. The lore is barely holding as it is.

Nigger you ARE supposed to be slow, youre a fucking space marine terminator, they areslow and cumbersome.

Do not even imply the sisters are SJW, they are heavy metal nuns from the 80s.

How fast are you at level 10 with heavy armour ?

>only one combat doctrine passive aggressive bickering
>rulewise, each squad member comes with a special pronoun it does nothing
>can summon numales as meat shields they flee at the first sign of physical conflict

40k End Times soon

Is this still coming out December 9th!?

It's everything I wanted from colonial marines and more.

That's what I wanted to hear.

lmao, this is one extreme hipster

Video's removed now, I snagged it before it went down but it's a 286 mb mp4.

I don't, because I missed it an you didn't download it
FAGGOT
POST WEBM NEXT TIME

Upload somewhere if you can't webm it yourself, then someone else can do it.

Nice job

This

Working on uploading and converting to webm, we'll see which happens first.

Thanks fam

i really love how streum on has been assaulted for months on end by people asking them where the fucking gameplay videos are and they've responded with complete radio silence. Then they do this limited closed beta and they're doing whatever they can to enforce the NDA.

it's like they know that they have a completely subpar product at the moment and they really, really don't want the masses to know. This is made even worse by the fact that having a dev play their own game for 20 minutes and upload it to youtube or whatever is virtually no fucking effort at all. This has been a pretty big red flag for a while now, guess we'll need to see whether to actually spend any shekels maybe a week after actual release.

I don't know why it's so super secret, the 20 minute video I watched and downloaded looked good.

Not polished, but good as in you are a big clunky Terminator with hideously powerful weaponry being assaulted by Tyranids constantly in a space hulk.

Well unless you're a Blood Raven, yeah, Terminator's are pretty slow.

Maybe if the game is a success they may release an expansion for something like that.
Hopefully

I'm guessing they don't want the story to be spoiled (They made a big deal about Gav Thorpe writing so I could understand not wanting spoilers to leak), but I really wouldn't be surprised if they were just covering up that the game is buggy as shit.

FUCK YOU YOU MADE ME REMEMBER

404 not found
Goddamn it user, learn to transcode.

Heeeere we go. In order to get under 100mb for this it ended up cutting the last 5 minutes or so of video, but this is the best I can do at the moment.

my.mixtape.moe/jgxtxj.webm

I'll upload the higher quality version to mega or something in a bit.

Thanks user
Doing Gods work

Appreciate the footage an all, but:

Switch to VP9 and Opus, set Opus audio bitrate to 64kbps and dump the rest of the bitrate into video. You now have good WebMs.

Ayy, there you go.

Instead of details they should optimize this shit first. It'll be a great game if not for the performance.

We dont know teven know the build version

so what's that about the guys coming back to life after they die? that's bullshit

There's a teleportation effect when they appear so I assume it's the Spess Muhreens reinforcing you with another marine which you control.

isn't porting in 40k extremely dangerous even at the best of times? i thought they avoided doing that stuff unless it really needs to be done

then again i have no idea how they could fit respawning into the mechanics, lore-wise

Notice how they avoid specific names like dark angel and deathwing? The customizer dream is still kicking.

Yes that is true, but this is a game and that is the way they chose to do it.
At least it's not an outright lore break like dow3 angelos jumps, but something that can be done put into overdrive.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Teleportation

Short-range teleportation generally works out okay, it's when you do FTL travel which requires the warp that you can get fucked up by just about anything (including appearing in the past or future.)

Terminators are among the rare imperial units that teleport, they have built-in teleporters.

They do say for the lion though.

I'm making some webms now.

The game may get repetitive for most, but it seems like its a cool little game to turn on and shoot at massive numbers with some bros.
Definitely worth 30 bucks.

UE4 looks pretty great but it chugs in a few places. Maps are pretty huge and aesthetically pleasing but leaves a little more to be desired in actual design.

i can see FOLLOW MY LEAD, BROTHERS catching on quick

I will need to wait before buying to pirate and see if my GPU can run it. It is below the minimum but I have been able to run other games that said my gpu couldn't handle.

It's much better than syndicate black ops voice commands for sure.

Compare this to spacehulk lol

here is some of the chugging i mentioned

my favorite is "I smell Heresy you"

other than the small frame drop, that looks fucking radical, love the physics of the bodies flying back from power maul hits.

Weapons feel really good as well.

specs for reference. it's maxed out.

Not a big fan of the weapons occupying so much space on the screen, but it looks good

Reminds me when that farming church map was released for E.Y.E, a few guys wanted to do a Sulfatum firing line. This must be done again.

is there any FFire? im assuming not because it would be a pain in the ass

The host can enable FF in the lobby and it is. Teammates get in the way often.

How does the localised damage feel? Is it noticeable when a body part is damaged?

I'm not very familiar with E.Y.E., but I'm a big 40K fan.
This game looks like some seriously rad shit, how similar is it do E.Y.E.?

Nothing like it aside from the rad weapons and some designs since E.Y.E heavily borrows from 40K.

It's somewhat similar, E.Y.E is far more complex and much faster. This has more of an emphasis on direct combat.

thinking of pre ordering, are you?

Absolutely not. Pre-ordering is never a good idea.

why else would op be so interested in watching gameplay videos of the beta?

is that vanilla EYE? i have it installed but i dont remember it looking even half that good

Yes, it's the vanilla game.

A mission to "save the babes" like on duke nukem.
does it have tools for custom maps?

Whats your monitor res
Mines 720
That seems to be the issue

i got a new one since i last played
one i have now is actually 1920x1080 144 Hz

Can you disable the head bob/adjust the FoV? These two things are seriously dealbreakers for me. I couldn't even watch the video posted in this thread because it made me sick.

Ahahaha no. A 0% chance times the square of a snowball's chance in hell.

Eh, looks more boring than ultramarine

I put 1100 boonbucks into a build >3 years ago. parts I used are listed in the minimum requirements. This is a game that requires current high-end hardware, if you don't have a recent PC you will need to build one for this.

It's pretty neat they added it to Deathwing without doing the stupid as fuck fish-eye scope
I know it was more practical for aiming but it was still annoying as fuck

by "peacefully" do you mean "with blunt trauma to the head"?

I can't wait for the MUH FPS xD crowd to shit up the WH40k community even more.

I fucking love that sound. It's giving me a wonderful feeling.

Does someone have a webm of a stormbolter firing? I will judge the game based on how it does its bolters.

Faggotry/10

GAMEPLAY TRAILER NIGGERS

It's gameplay, not a gameplay trailer. Also the AI seems a bit annoying due to the fact they love to mention pretty much every enemy they see, especially when they all started shouting "Warning! Missle launcher". There better be an option to tone it down or at the very least have the choice to shut them up.

I don't mind them calling out enemies but having the AI repeat the same damn thing ten times in a row can get irritating. That is why I said there better be an option to tone it down, I still want to hear it but nowhere near that often.

The voice acting is disappointing. I expected full scenery-chewing over the top shouting.

Also the bolter IS SHIT. Why does nobody understand how bolters actually work, except the Fire Warrior guys of all devs?!

There was something similar in the other videos, can't remember which one though

Fuck 40K, I just like Streum On.

What engine is this?

It's far more likely that the game's community will be taken over by E.Y.E. fans than whatever you're talking about.

nvm fixed it

There are about 20 EYEfags in the entire world and hundreds of thousands of bros and 14 year olds who just want a new shootan game. Also, let's not forget the "muh fascism xD" Holla Forumstards.

WH40k is the most insulated and least corruptible fanbase in existence right now. I really doubt that a single vidya is going change that.

just my fucking luck

It won't stop people from fagging up this game though.

There's no real way around that. I'm sure it'll be easy to find servers that will be away from the rabble.

There's several ten thousand, there's enough for them to be rather noticeable in another community.

How so ? There a ton of tabletop fags justifying jumping in terminator armor because angelos has godsplitter in dow3.

pretty rude

Well they sure dropped the ball with voice acting though.

E.Y.E's voice acting is shit as well, it's just not as obvious because the game isn't in English.

The fuck?

Comparatively, that's not alot of corruption. I'm talking about SJW infiltration.

I am aware of that, but that's just a shitty excuse.

Play Deathwing in spanish for maximum mariachi experience.

he didnt have any codes apparently, I think he might have gotten in from another friend

Yes, absolutely am debating it, in this case.

Fucking A possibly my favorite thing about the entire damned gameplay video is the zoom.

Not because "lol easier to shoot shit" but because
BOLTERS ARE ACTUALLY ACCURATE AS FUCK

It is so soothing to my autism to see that.

Nah, spaniards have the full control of the dubbing of vidyas for ll spanish speaking countries, and they use the same lame, shitty 5 VA FOR EVERYTHING, i know, i speak spanish

This pleases me

How the hell does he just come back to life, just like that?

I mean at 7:56.

looks like a respawn back in

I read more of this thread and apparently it's a different terminator that you get hold of who teleports near your teammates.
It still seems weird though.

Makes no fucking sense.

It seems to be a respawn, homever, in the single player video, theres nothign like that, they just disappear with the blue flash when they die and you dont get them back.

When they are disabled they are automatically teleported back to the ship.
Most Space Marines that fall down in combat don't die. They are not easy to kill. Redundant organs, regeneration and the ability to enter stasis at will kinda tend to do that.

remember that we're talking about a warrior culture where these guys literally live to die in service to the emperor. they probably argue and vie for who gets to go into combat, and there's likely a hierarchy of who gets to go first, and who gets to go to clean up after them if they fuck up etc. not to mention they are tremendously valuable; their geneseed alone is priceless

Precisely, so they would either send all 20 of them for a clean and quick mission, or send 3 of them and send the other 17 on another mission.

Looks a little dumbed down, honestly, just wade through hordes and give little thought to navigating the level or working with your squad. We'll see if the rest of the game steps it up.
The health system seems to be a disappointment, little in the way of permanent damage, apothecary can repair terminator armor somehow? Autoguns and stubbers doing more than the bare minimum chip damage and just being a distraction?
But it does look much better than that piece of shit vermintide at least, and killing floor 2. And the visuals and ambient sound are great.

Because its vidya and with 20 terminators you are going to need bigger maps and more enemies and it will just turn into one big slideshow. I would like a sophisticated musou but fps but I dont see it happening

You understand absolutely nothing about Space Hulks if you think that the answer to the Space Hulk problem is "Fill it with bodies."

Space Hulks:
A) Cannot be filled with bodies
B) Can explode, warp jump, or become inescapable deathtraps for any living thing - even terminators - at any moment.

Why you would risk TWENTY of your Chapter's most experienced marines, TWENTY sets of your Chapter's rarest and most powerful weapons, and TWENTY sets of irreplaceable Terminator armor (and likely several original Crux Terminatus) for what is ultimately a looting mission would be beyond any Commander's serious consideration.

It's like the old saying goes: Never put all of your eggs in a single explosive warp-infested tyranid-ridden basket.

Missions on a hulk can be weeks long depending on the objective
Especially since Hulks usually aren't a single ship, they're an amalgamation of various vessels and sometimes asteroids that have been melded together in warp eddies

Did you not play EYE or something? The main focus on the game is killing shit. Everything revolves around that. That's the kind of game Streum On makes. Wading through hordes is the whole point.

Do you have an infinite ammo pool? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anything to indicate otherwise.

Might be, in E.Y.E you had infinite free ammo at each ammo dispensers

I don't think he means in terms of unlimited ammo you can get from dispensers, on the bolter's screen it looks like it has unlimited ammo, but you just have to reload it

The fuck are those? Both of those things. The third one vaguely looks like a Warlock, but since there's no bling and runes everywhere it must be a Necron.

It looks like the bolter has infinite ammo. I would guess it's either just the bolter that has infinite ammo while the heavier weapons are more limited or they just set it to infinite ammo for demo here.

I'm pretty sure these are the devs that got really mad when they let some journos play the game only for the journos to enable godmode and disable recoil like the complete casuals they are.

fucking newfags i swear to god

Ah, but there are different kinds of xeno, my hot-tempered friend.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Quest:Tau_Quest
lurk moar

No, thanks. Also, I stopped going to 8/tg/ (and thus to any /tg/) back in 2014.

What did you not like about vermintide, I got quite a few hours out of it and am curious. The loot system was definitely crap.

tau quest was 2009

Okay, I'll read the article then.

Seems to me as well that they wouldn't send 3 terminators followed by 17 reserves.

If it is so dangerous then why do they send reserves at all?

Send 3 terminators, if they die it's game over, make them more resilient in-game, not 5 hits from a genestealer = dead.

You have to start over if all 3 die anyway, why not just make them have "permadeath"?

Usually what's worth looking for in the Space Hulk is worth ten times more than the 20+ reserves of Irreplaceable Terminator armor pieces alone. However, because it's so cramped to fuck (it's literally just fuck large vent ducts), you can't send the 20+ guys in directly, therefore teleports once they need reinforcements.

Also, actually play the Space Hulk TBS game from 2003, this is the adaptation of the actual Space Hulk board game that Deathwing is based off, it's no regular WarHammer 40k.

teardown.se/
alternatively there is this version which is free and pretty good at representing original tabletop

the beta voices were better than the artificial release voices

What are the chances of the pre-order beta actually starting tomorrow as promised?

zilch

The fov looks high but the sword, gun and hud take of too much screenspace its claustrophobic

But that's good.

Wew. It's pushed back for a week.

Thats good

The fuckhuge weapons take up too much screen real estate regardless.

It wouldn't be an Astartes Terminator if it din't have fuckhuge weapons, now would it? Regardless, despite you being right, the main point of reducing eyesight view on your sides is to balance out the sheer firepower that you can lay down hallways, since you need to be relying on teammates to cover your flanks.