Nightmare Fuel

"What's that? You think that is shit? You don't like that you must make nice with the gatekeepers? Geez, user, you're so fucking entitled! These people are the best the community has to offer! These people ensure that none of those problematic, toxic, MALES (and their sycophantic female counterparts, like ugh) can decide who gets to play and who doesn't! Gaming is finally an all inclusive experience!"

It's the ultimate Jewish plot to destroy video games.

you know i think that business model might actually work if they make sure a big enough fanbase gets ahold of it
like ifpewdiepie gets first picks on everything

I think it was for The Crew or Division, forgot its name for a moment there. Still shows the crazy mindset some devs are in where they dont even consider the servers going offline or going under maintenance.

what game

There is something I hate from Overwatch, even if you want to practice on the shooting range you still need to have a good connection, let that sink in for a minute.

TF2 wins again, game can be played offline. Generate navigation paths for bots in the console and you can dick around with most any map too.

A very real possibility. This is a result of the youtuber culture of buying shit games because they will be watched and thus get bought again and again. You can feed shit to a youtuber channel and guarantee to make your money back for development just because of their own shit audience. Add to that the cuck hivemind attitude you describe and prepare to prep the bull if you want to play "popular" games.

I pray for meme magic to seriously change the genre of always online community cumfest games to "Cuck Games"

Yeah, more or less, is a shame I don't quite like the rest of TF2.

It's not for everyone, and some kinds of players are fucking infuriating like the neon green scouts waving around gold scatterguns and brony usernames. Saving grace is it's free, I noticed player quality go up after it went F2P honestly.

Actually what I dislike about TF2 is how ironically the netcode and the hitboxes are more retarded than OW's, after gun mettle I was literally unable to hit anything consistently, even if I was able to do that before.

We're already seeing the seeds of this shit in games with Twitch chat integration like Clustertruck(which is admittedly a fun game on it's own) where you could influence the streamer's game by entering in commands in chat. The next logical step would be Twitch subscriptions influencing the game.

Honestly after MYM, the game's overall enjoyment factor has drastically risen because people are actually trying to fucking play now.

Netcode is hit and miss, I do adore though that because of Source's ancient netcode a connection that's dialup or close to it can still play on the same continent. Never bothering to clean up the whackass hitboxes is a gripe I've had for years though.

If the actual matchmaking wasn't horrid and parties were only matched against parties the general system would be good. I remember when it first launched and you could wait an hour just to get into a game everyone abandoned immediately. There's still problems with stacked teams from streamers and "muh comp" players going in 5+ player parties.

Back to tvtropes with you

The term predates TVtropes, I'm pretty sure.

Nightmare fuel as an expression was coined by MST3K in '93. I remember seeing it for the first time on some retarded BBS in '98. OP is still a faggot.

My nightmare fuel has already come true. Look at the industry now.

It was from Devil Doll. Mike will always be better that SJJoel.

Party Hard has that too. Is this the beginning of some sort of e-celeb takeover?

Can someone explain what this is about because I have no fucking idea?? I haven't played an online game in two generations.

As far as I know, such a system has not ever been implemented into any game thus far. I was simply inviting you to imagine a world in which some large video game company, like EA or Ubisoft, created a video game that is perpetually online and explicitly focused on multiplayer, and whose content is created in such a way that any given user can "claim" it for a limited time and lock it off so that only specific people - people that only the claimant has the power to approve of or reject - can have access to it.

Imagine how such a system could be abused to shift or control the "culture" of any given game's user base by said gatekeepers who astroturf on some servers and prevent "outsiders" from holding the reigns to most, or all, of said game's content. You want access to this game's content? Well, you better make your appeal to our self appointed tribunal and you better make sure you don't piss off the right people. Imagine if every game started doing this. The "meta" game of internet arguments that revolve around a division of ideology, at least in regards to video games, would shift to an actual, albeit virtual, battlefield. You'd get games that are capped off by entire communities. Imagine if NeoGAF or some specific subreddit gained access to some new game and instilled some revolving door of gatekeepers. Some games already do this to some extent; i.e. anyone can run their own private server for some game and then "curate" its "community", but imagine if AAA game developers integrated such features into a game from the outset, and provided customer service and tech support for the user base which could make controlling it very user friendly.

In such an environment, the fundamental act of playing a video game would be tied to your allegiance to a community/ideology. In such an environment, learning how to hack in order to bypass such implementations would be necessary for anyone who just wants to play the fucking game.

For the average user, it'd be hell.

Write a short story about it.

The only good thing about this is that if one of us became a "gatekeeper", we'd be able to reap massive amounts of salt. Though we'd probably get demoted from that position from the devs if that shit happened, as in this scenario they'd all be fucking kikes, and kikes hate people who aren't mindless zombies.

I imagine the game would die very soon.

Are you serious? Even when I tried to play with bots it said "waiting to join a queue", I thought it was a glitch at first or I accidentally clicked on quick play.

Oh that? when you play "vs Bots" you have to join other players, yeah.

Nah just tinybuild trying to be hip with the kids. I think they've got 4 or 5 games with some form of twitch shit.

Did the obviousness of that stop Sim City 5 from happening? Did it stop the Steam Workshop/paid mods from happening?

Both failed miserably. Not saying it won't succeed eventually. Just go on and watch some of the big streamers if you can stomach. The dicksucking in the chat is painful to see. The cheapest form of entertainment, even worse than reality shows. It's zero fucking effort rewarded.

"What's that? You think that is shit? You don't like that you must make nice with the gatekeepers? Geez, user, you're so fucking entitled! These people are the best the community has to offer! These people ensure that none of those problematic, toxic, MALES (and their sycophantic female counterparts, like ugh) can decide who gets to learn and who doesn't! Education is finally an all inclusive experience!"

It's the ultimate Jewish plot to destroy your MIND user.

>>>/go/ and stay >>>/go/

those quads are holy. look at that shit. incredible. bump just so anons can marvel at this.

Those are quints, quints of 5!

Ma he's off his meds again.