Skullgirls general

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

users.design.ucla.edu/~ahad/199/Demo/
youtu.be/n5xQAk9h4DY
archive.is/syzKm
archive.is/AA8Ly
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More like what went right? It was shit SJW propaganda made to try and corrupt fighting games

removing panty shots from the game is what went wrong. i paid good money for those panty shots and they replaced them with frameskips.

Make sense

I always wondered why skullgirls wasn't bigger. It seemed like a should be a big Meme game fandom as big as Overwatch, FNAF, Rainbow six siege and undertale

Hand-animation is incredibly difficult and expensive to work with for larger-scale projects like this. Even a single character takes months of work for a dozen people.
Publisher fucked Lab Zero over early on, completely decimated any chance the game had at success or completion (less than 1/4th the cast of the game was completed, the campaign mode was left barebones, tons of mechanics/ideas missing, etc).
Working with enormous expenses mixed with no experience/talent at running businesses meant even when they got crowdfunded they couldn't do much with it.
Lots of talent was outsourced/left after the original release and kickstarter characters, leaving MikeZ, morons and SocJus inclined faggots in charge; who then tried to kickstart another game and only barely succeeded by the skin of their teeth by sucking every other indie studio's dick.
Consoles, both in dealing with the shitboxes and Sony/Microsoft kicking them around.

It's still the closest we'll ever get to a real Darkstalkers 2, and the last hand-animated fighter we'll probably ever see.

Who wants to play as a GIRL???
That's fucking GAY!
Hentai will never succeed in the west.

SJW PROPAGANDA!

Like said, its teeth was kicked in from the start by the publisher. It was looking like hot shit when it started out, but it quickly vanished from public attention before they could add Squigly and other characters they'd wanted.

I hardly touch the game since UMvC3 did the nonstop combo game better, but honestly I have to hand it to Lab Zero for keeping it going like they have. A passion project like that is a rare and precious thing to see in vidya.

there was zero reason to remove those frames except for virtual signaling for their new shitstarter game

You're both retarded.
They removed the pantyshots as a last ditch attempt to have the indie crew accept them.

Gee I wonder why

San Francisco.

Not even once.

fucking

wew

not only are you censoring but you have really no one to blame but yourself for censoring. Fucking cowards.
I do want to fuck this brownie girl in their next game though.

I think it's important we distinguish between "was" and "became" just for sake of accuracy. I don't think the SJW shit was really even a thing at least in the current scale in 2012 when this game came out. Even then I'd say that rather than being SJW propaganda it was more of a weak effort on the devs part to get some indie sympathy bucks through trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator (the SJWs that don't actually care about the game, just the drama) to get some publicity well after their ship had already sailed but ended up just driving away some of the fanbase for nothing.

It's pretty clear the cancer was there even in the beginning though, even if it was just benign at the time.

This user gets it, animation is a heavily infested field; even during the original production there were SocJus faggots all over the art team.
It wasn't until people like Alex Ahab left the project that they had the room and influence to speak up to wipe their dicks all over the 'finished' game to try to appeal to the SJWs/Indie Clique when funding Indivisble.

Fucking christ they're EVERYWHERE

No, thanks, Japan is already full of gooks and chinks which destroy Japanese society.

I also remember some SJW virtue signalling with Indivisible and somone losing their fucking mind on NeoGAF because of some recolored art that turned a character white.

They made a clone of MvC instead of copying Vampire Savior. Only eight characters at launch and heavy reliance on Touch of Death combos completely killed the initial hype.
Not to mention the fact that Mike Z and co. are a bunch of Bay Area hipsters that know jack shit about finance and doing business. The amount of money that was used to get the game out (twice) and then finish all the DLC characters is ridiculous.

I wonder how black the character should be to be black enough for the virtue signaling

censorship and devs going full SJWs

I'm sorry but anytime developers take time to make sure the panties are the right colors that screams sjw to me

if they take time to take it out that screams it to me also :^)

I ordered the Limited Edition Vita release.
You can judge me if you want, I don't care.

I judge devs. People like you I inclined to pity.

I've known she was a libshit, but it's a damn shame, she has a fine fucking pair of thighs.

LabZero aren't SJWs, the animations were changed because they wanted them to make more sense. There are still tons of fanservice left in the game, and anyone that actually thinks they changed the panty-shots to appeal to anything but their own artistic desires is retarded.

Anyway, I'm gonna get my copy signed at next year's AX panel for sure :^)

I just wanted to play a fighting game with attractive girls. Why is that so hard to do?

Is it too late to get a refund? I think I bought it for $3

Does vita version at least run at 60 fps? I guess it's fine if you like to be a cuck, maybe try changing gender sometime, but when it comes to gameplay I hope you have at least minimal standards.

But Japanese fighting games have always had attractive girls.

It runs at 60FPS, yeah. I actually hadn't bought the game yet - I got the game on PC as a gift, and when the Linux BETA happened I got all the DLC characters. I figured since I liked the game and wanted to support it, despite their politics (which is a shame), I'd like to get a physical copy. I could've gone with PS4, but I've got the Linux version and my fight-stick works fine on there. No reason for me to get it on PS4 when there's no benefit over the version I already have. Vita is at least portable.

Calm down Holla Forums, not everything that happens is a plot to hurt your feelings

because it's the current year

The 2/412 panty shots were changed far after people stopped giving a shit about Skullgirls. I don't like you fucks pretending that you stopped playing in protest of the evil sjws and to deliver justice to video games everywhere when you never picked it up in the first place.

Crying about Holla Forums? Are you still mad they shitposted a man into being the POTUS?
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/cuckshed/

You could, I dunno, get Darkstalkers on fightcade.
Or if you absolutely must have it on Vita, go for Blazblue or Guilty Gear. There is GG on vita, right?

Arcana Heart 3 is pretty good mechanically
Tfw dead game

Fuck off mike.

MikeZ and YandereDev were both right about each other.
Isn't that ironic?

I'm annoyed about retards that think everything is SJWs out to get them, even a fighting game.

I played arcade rip of AH3. It was meh, felt like watered down GG. I guess it's dead because general airdasher crowd likes to go fast.

I already own all of the Blazblue on Vita.

Speaking of… I still need to get Central Fiction on PS4. When it goes on sale I guess I'll pick it up.

take the worst aspects from meme-fighters and then make a terrible-waifu roster. garner a fanbase that's the MLP of the FGC and then start acting like you're too mature for the panty fighter you made hoping it will make people donate more to your game with a brown girl in it

bad character design, bad sound design, 3 minute long combos for no damage into reset doesn't make it fun to watch for the spectators either

bad game play tekken with its superior limb based combat instead

The game visually is 10/10 but the game play is to shallow to give a fuck about past the story mode, if I wanted to play a marvel game I'd play a good one. Its a tragedy the roster is sacked with such a shit game

NO FUCK YOU

The game failed because it took forever to come out, took forever to animate a character, and because the game is centered around extensively long combos with no way to break them. As much as it tried to please the tournament scene with being able to button check on character select and creating your own assists, the problem at the end of the day is is that it was a niche title in a niche genre.

But you can't accept that you just didn't buy it, so you have to give yourself some righteous indignation that you suddenly stopped caring about the video game you never cared about in order to protest 2 frames of animations on two characters in a game where 80% of the cast are G-cups.

this shouldn't a surprise to anyone, reminder that kinuko is a friend of Leigh Alexander's.

For all the retards who say "hurr durr it's got tits and ass it can't be SJW" remember that liberals are the master of double think and feminists truly believe if something is made by a woman it is empowering no matter what and if it is made by a man it is sexist no matter what.

smash bros

It's true it failed before SJW fiasco, but that shit didn't help either.
No go watch your wife being impregnated with jamal the second, maybe his dad will even allow you to masturbate during the act.

10/10 I got a goofy smile on my face.

So, hey shithead, SHITHEAD, that means the reason it failed wasn't "sjw proganda hurr"
You, ironically enough, are just looking for something to be mad at.

you know kinda like

I think it's you who's mad.

Good one man you really showed me you're lucky I don't drive my fist into your mother's no-no spot to stop another you from ruining this world with bad arguments

Should have did research before buying but that's how it goes. I have the PC version and no one to play with or a desire to play it any longer. I tried to get locals into playing it just so I could justify having bought it but no one likes it after playing a few sets. The only redeeming thing was the art and I could have looked at that for free.

If it had a bigger roster than a fighting game from 1992 it might have been a good MvC with waifus. If they were going to stick to only a handful of characters they should have focused on making a 1v1 game instead.

They got my money so good for them, they won't be getting anymore.

Tell that to your wife's son.

you're angry as fuck and you need to go back to reddit or tumblr where you belong

They DO realize that Japan is basically an entire country filled with even more racists and xenophobes, right?

Skullgirls was never good. It was a shitty fightan game with an atrociously ugly artsyle.

yeah, but they're not white

stop being culturally insensitive

faggot

good thing we have you to pretend to know about video games since youre obviously a wealth of improv and deep thinking

look at you illiterate fucks thinking you can talk about shit when you don't know shit
i hope a bus crashes through your house and smashes your computer not you i hope youre fine and live a long life but no longer have access to a computer since a bus smooshed it how about them apples person who knows nothing about video games

Calm down you paranoid wreck. From what I hear the problem with the game is that it wants to be like Mahvel 3 and Darkstalkers, but because the character roster is small you end up fighting the same characters again and again.

Holy shit my fucking
DICK
just grew three sizes

They don't, they think it's a magical place where everyone has pink hair.

so you haven't actually played it? because it's pretty damn solid. It's silly that they have two different IPS in place but each character can stand on their own and there's so many different ways to play a single character. I've learned like 10 different setups with peacock I can pull out at a moment's notice and no two people play beowulf the same

of course they fucking don't, you drink the koolaid and suddenly only white people are capable of "racism"

how funny that things like japans low crime-rate and respect for the culture and heritage probably comes from them being gigantic xenophobes who refuse to cater to foreigners on their soil, its almost as if those mindsets are beneficial for your citizens

But there is five Darkstalker games

Cuck.

They also went full kool-aid on twitter if I remember correctly. Twitter needs to be purged in general though.

twitter fools people into thinking they should voice their opinions constantly, and also lets them block any opinions that aren't their own even though they threw their shitty opinion into a public space first

pretty much a personal echo chamber for every person on it

Fuck off Mike SJW

You guys are overcomplicating things, lots of shit games manage to be successful thanks to appearances. This game simply looks like a western hipster imitation of mongolian moving pictures. Appearances are what killed it.

Part of the problem I have with this game is that I still haven't really found a character that I like so much I want to main them. When I picked up Guilty Gear years ago I immediately gravitated to Faust because he was crazy looking and fun. Later on I would settle on Zappa and anji Mito and even now I'm still finding characters that I want to play. Skullgirls has some interesting designs but only Miss Fortune excites me on a mechanical level. Painwheel and parasoul are up there but learning their combos and specific techs just bores me.

The indie gogo campaign promised me some interesting new vharactrrs, and I was really rooting for Scythana and Adam. But people got mired in waifuism and we got a character who didn't pan out in a way in found interesting, and a meme wrestler.

I still play the game casually, and even show up to my locals. But as a fighter it's not very friendly to newbies despite the claims. Combo heavy games are too much of a time sink and I miss having 5 hit combos and gating which is why I stick to +r mostly.

Maybe if they add the remaining three characters something will change but I feel like the game will die before indivisible is finished.

And this game really hates solo characters now. Which is my specific niche. I was really excited to hear that there was a team fighter with dynamic team sizes. One thing I really wanted in TvC.

To be fair though, they weren't always like that. Also, Skullgirls was a passion project. Apparently some of them where working on it while still in Art school, but almost over 10 years of working on it. They then got shafted hard by the original publisher, which is why the never made a "part 2" since they are legally not allowed to make an actual sequel. I don't know why they can continue to re-release updated versions and expansions though. Copywriter law is weird and shit. They actually do or maybe did care about the game. Probably the best "indie" 2d fighter outside of Japan/modded Mugen games. I actually can't think of any western 2d fighting games aside from Mortal Kombat in recent years. Fighting games is a killed again.

this stupid nerd is one of the best solo players in the world, stop being lazy and put in work

1v1 isn'isn't the problem. 1vTeam is.

Truth be told I havent. I'm shit at fighters, and my backlogs too massive.

again, he's the best in the world, he frequently makes top 8 using solo wolf against everyone. If it wasn't for sonicfaggot being autismly good he'd probably win a few of them

So as a more casual fan. What words do you have outside of git gud? Even the deva acknowledge that solos not having assist calls stacks the deck against them. And the health/damage compensation is nice but not a perfect solution.

If my only options are to become so autisticly good that I can rub shoulders with the best. I will just stick to gg.

The problem isn't that solo isn't viable. It's that being solo strips you of a lot of mechanics that are integral to the core of SG. That being MvC2. I just want something to help further mitigate that, like maybe a limited number of at-will bursts like in BB.

nothing, even if you're playing a three man team abusing beat extend and napalm pillar you'll still get stomped, surprise, you have to learn the game to be good at it, just like you would in GG, welcome to fighters

So what I am hearing is that you don't acknowledge that there is a problem with how the game is balanced around certain team configurations. Keep in mind that the devs acknowledge this but chose not to prioritize fixing it.

And instead of making an informed guess you're just going to assume that I'm shit at the game and maybe fighters in general despite having played the genre for close to 8 years.

You have nothing to add intake it and I can ignore you then? I'll keep playing the game and trying to get better. But man is being solo an u necessarily steep uphill battle.

Maybe the solo character could have the assist characters, but the solo obviously still can't tag out. Maybe even give them slower health regen, but have a degree of health regen? Hell, I loved that in the first Marvel vs Capcom, and marvel super heroes I guess, where they had characters who where only assists.

I just gave you an example of someone playing solo, you bitch that it's hard despite having pretty strong tools (invincible supers, outtakes, PBGC, invincible specials, disjointed as fuck hitboxes, and 1on1 matchup advice that basically outlines how to approach a match only needing to compensate for an assist that only compromises 1 attack that's easy as shit to spot) and then you're going to get mad at me for being bad.

Do you bitch about marvel as well? It seems like you just have a massive hard-on for complaining about team games when it's not that difficult

This would probably be the best solution. I'd suggest toning down damage scaling for anyone running solo but with out reset heavy SG is you could easily go to far with it and make rolling solo over powered.

1 v team is still balls to play. Better off putting work into a fighting game that isn't shit. Top players in games that have a handful of people playing mean fuck all to most players. A newer/casual player is better off playing an established IP that doesn't shit into its supporters mouth/actually balances the game instead of just half ass marvel hoping it works. Shocker casuals don't give a shit about the game since its character system is poorly thought out and the devs flipped off the people who supported the game in the beginning with the removal of sprites because "they've grown up". Better off playing fightcade for free.

They're a bunch of hacks that deserved to get fucked over. All they do is release ports that are dead on arrival.

Ever consider the game is just shit and your shilling for a dead horse?

If the devs were at least respectable you'd might have an arrangement with the passion project, but they don't give a fuck about you.

they made a game that appeals more to waifufags than actual players

i don't even hate lab zero after everything, their game just bores me.

frenchbread is still doing pretty good homie
and there's always the brony game

Who is the best Skullgirl and why is it Filia?

You do realize that SG is probably the only fighter with this problem. TvC has gold lightan and the lost planet robot but they are super buffed for solo options and even lack some hitstun.

I like this idea. Would like to see some stuff hit the beta again. Last time gave me some hope.

I've managed to beat teams with Beowulf, but yeah, in 3v1 matches the health difference favors the team arrangment, and that adds on to the fact that teams have assists where you can designate any move you want, and this includes charge moves that come out as soon as they hit the floor.

My solo is Beowulf, but my team is Beowulf, Valentine and Big Band.

Beowulf can distract the opponent while I use an assist for valentine to power up her needles, and big band's heavy Brass Knuckle can hit from near full screen and comes out almost instantly, which is enough pressure to get in any range you need to be, on block or hit.

B.Band has less backup with Beowulf, but Beo still has decent range to apply the same strategy.

The worst one to play against, however, is Valentine, since she has both assists and is already a pressure/single entry massive combo character who can apply debuffs and heavy poison with a simple combo (the input lag and stun needles are pretty much worthless compared to the sheer damage the poison adds on).

I can play a team against an equally skilled opponent using a solo and beat him every time, simply because a team match in skullgirls is so radically different because of the open options that the solo's increased attack doesn't matter for shit.

people like

Are essentially playing Dan (as in full joke charactr status Dan, not SF4 Dan) against far less skilled players and winning.

Actually they aren't, they're the only characters that can be dizzied and if you choose anyone barring Soki and chun you can combo them.

Hell, Frank, saki, Blade, yatter-1 and tekkavanilla are hard counters since you can juggle them off any stray hit if you BBQ right

Because you for whatever reason wanted to play one made by western devs?

Daily reminder that the "asshole" programmer that Yandev/EvaXephon had broke his hopes, dreams, and heart by insulting his terribly coded fighting game before he made Yandere Simulator was MikeZ of skullgirls.

I honestly never noticed that. TvC I played ippatsuman/cashen mostly but when I would play gold lightan I felt like I had a lot more leeway with taking hits. Maybe I'm remembering any super armor he might have had?

no you remember right, giants have hyper armor, but when you do certain attacks they lose that status and you can treat them like normal enemies. For casshern you can do his heavy drill air kick or hit his leg with friender.

Ippatsuman doesn't have any attacks that do that, but his homerun super is one of the better ones for building stun.

Who cares?

that's not how you spell bigband
beowulf is also good

I've heard that if you are foreign and you respect japanese customs you can at least make a manageable life there, even if you are seen as a zoo animal.

As nice as it is to combo Giants to death, I always figured that projectile spam and keeping your distance was the way to go regardless. It's why I loved using Megaman Volnutt versus Giants, because you could spam projectiles all day, and a nicely timed Machinegun Super could even lead to an easy stun.

Man, now I wanna play TvC again. That was a fun game, shitty netcode be damned.

Because she's got the best butt and she's a qt.

who would imagine respecting the culture and customs of places that are not your own is a good idea?

A shame he hadn't ridiculed him harder.

The only reason I wanted to play Skullgirls was because I wanted to thighfuck Filia and Parasoul, titfuck Filia, Cerebella and Valentine, hotdog Filia and Squigly, abfuck Filia and Ms. Fortune, do all the above with Eliza, then do all of the above with Filia a second time. The game isn't worth playing if you aren't trying to get an erection, and there's even less reason to play it since there's probably sprite rips and Mugen(I know, but still) versions of the characters.

Skullgirls would've been better off as a RPG or some other genre, because nobody wants to play a touch of death fighting game from both a dev team who never existed prior to the creation of said game, and a dev team whose employee base isn't 100% Japanese people. When the only other devs are whoever worked on Killer Instinct, and Netherrealm, avoiding your games because you're from the West becomes a valid reason.

this tbh. SG conversation was limited at best until that happened then people started parroting it. You can hate it or love it, rationally or irrationally, but you can't accuse them of completely changing the game when they didn't.

The finally complete version 2nd encore or whatever is pretty alright.

Alex Ahad left?

Where is he working now?

eyy b0ss fuck you man, I bought that game like a few weeks before the censorship. even if I hadn't its still bullshit.

Too bad those two girls play so damn weird, as they are the best waifus in that game.

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in this.

You just need to git gud.

Also Millia is the actual best girl.

The actual best girl isn't here yet. Enjoy the spotlight while you can.

You guys are such great jokers, waiting this long to bring up May.

I like to think that they didn't and they just took out a loan to finish their funding. Not that it matters because that game is definitely not making its money back.

It's not really the FRAMES being eliminated, it's the reason behind them were "we grew up". Plus all the shilling from tumblr and the SIDF (who don't feel inclined to play the game but still treat it like they do) should let you understand that, while it didn't start like this, it ended up catering to the people who would've opposed its creation entirely.

Other reasons why it has failed:
- Game dev studio set in SanFran, who then didn't feel like moving out of there, not even for their new and hip project, hence inflated costs due to living expenses
- Many broken promises, including backers' stuff not being implemented or being half-assed, no good "teaching mode" that was meant to be one of the selling points of the game to ease people into fighting games, many gimmicks intended for the dlc characters had to be toned down immensely (or removed altogether, like in Eliza's case, though it's debatable whether people voted for her because of her looks or her mechanics), no deep story mode (again, another point they were hammering about during development) etc.
- The soundtrack boasted Michiru Yamane as the main composer, yet it's lackluster in most of the stages. aside from the main theme and probably Maplecrest there's barely anything that is worth listening to.
- Most of the dialogue is memes or references. At least three characters are designed with references in mind, most of the written tips are meant to reference something or someone, problem is that the humor gets stale about three matches in, when you've heard pretty much everything the characters have to say. The voice actors themselves don't really add much to the game, since most of them are "renown figures" in voice acting (aka they make the same voice over and over and have a big twitter following of losers and socjus). Interestingly, they were also really into that whole "strike" thing going on some years back, when they wanted more rights like the ability to fuck around on twitter while in the recording booth and extra union benefits.
- Despite boasting the fully flexible team management aspect of the game, 2v2 is the only real way to play this game without getting destroyed. I've seen some players go for 3v2 and be successful with a trio, but for the most part three players end up relying too much on mistakes by the adversary and don't deal enough damage themselves, while singletons get raped by any competent player switching characters.
- Speaking of, for the longest time, the game relied on minutes-long combos over actual substance. It got fixed in later patches of the game, but it really left a bad impression in the FGC, to the point where KikeZ had to beg people to come play his game on side tourneys.

At any rate, it's one of many broken dreams. A scope too big but a dev team that, while undoubtedly talented, was far too small for it. The porn is great though.

Best girl coming through.

they gave her psuedo-cat ears ffs

I don't talk about Xrd. Only good designs were Ky, Dizzy, and Milia.

She cute. To bad she in a shit game

The censorship itself barely qualified as far as I'm concerned, but the attitude they did it with really fucking gets my goat.
The least they could have done is told us which panty shots they removed.

As for OP, the gameplay just didn't stand out enough to make it live.
A shame too, I actually liked most of the characters
Pun Cat is best girl

Long, unbreakable combos in a game that was supposed to be based on resets.
3v3 fights in a game with 8 characters at launch.
Weird character design.
That's it.
There are more reasons to hate SFV, and yet, people still play SFV. Fucking battered wives.

The soundtrack was pretty good you nigger.

Anyone who says "This is not open for debate" always registers as a cunt in my book.

That's because SFV is a SF game and a Capcom game

As I said, it was the attitude more than the removal that bothered me.

They tried to copy a terrible fighting game (MvC2) and ended up being even worse than it

Despite that, Eliza is supreme waifu

But is it memorable? Do you hear people praising it other than "muh jazz"?

You have to tell people what it is before anyone will try it

Why the fuck should i care what other faggots have to say about it? I have heard many soundtracks that i really loved and got no praise. And yes, it was memorable, especially the final boss theme.

SF games can also be shit.
Like the first version of SF 3

at least she got in
To bad best girl didn't
Not that it matters much to me, i'm playing +R all day
to bad theres no one around here to play it with

too bad they gutted her playstyle
I really wish Skullgirls hadn't fucked up as much as it did

I bet you think Frank Ocean is good

There is an arcade cabinet of accent core that I play on, but not many people play it. I should see if there is any local stuff going on.

the soundtrack is elevator music get outta here

I want something local, but by the looks of it there's nothing around me.

I haven't played this game in months, and I still distinctly remember
The other tracks are Jazzy yeah, but I think it fits with the appeal of the game.

Sure it was bud.

It ain't my problem i don't like rapping.

Look, I like those themes too but they're not exceptional. Nowhere to the point you get to whistle them.

I… sort of get what you're going for? I dunno, some of the shit is pretty catchy like the new Train or Beowulfs theme.

Soundtrack quality is something that isn't debatable, it's well done no matter which way you cut it, what your issue is seems to be on a personal level.
And that's OK

Underrated post.

Also pic related. I don't care what anybody says, it fucking stupid.

Nigger i don't care, i fucking like the themes. And besides, i never claimed they were of some exceptional quality, just good. And who the fuck goes around whistling themes anyway? Good luck whistling themes like the Mafia 2 main theme

Like, I know the guys point, but holy shit does he say it in a retarded way.

I can't seem to find anything good either. The only thing I could find is qualifying tournaments or this one local guy that I don't think would be a good idea to go to without knowing the person. Playing the same guy over and over isn't too bad though. It's a pretty even match up between us.

I bought the game on sale because tits and ass and finished Filia's story mode and avoided online and finished the tutorial all the way immediately forgetting it as I put the game down for a year.
I have to say the developers of this game are sacks of shit, they made a game with an all female cast outside two male characters and sexualized them then have the gall to remove pantyshot animations and or tone it down? That's pathetic really it truly is. The animations aren't even finished and yet they had money to blow on re-animating something that petty?
I'm no expert on fighting games by far but would you even consider this a fighting game in the first place? It felt okay to play but I only enjoyed it for Filia's delicious thighs I got no other reason to play it.

Why couldn't those schmucks in their kikestarter have voted for her?

I would have liked to see a non boss version of Marie, and her story ending with her becoming the skullgirl. Instead we got Robo-Ky if everything good about Robo-ky was replaced with memes.

Cerebella and Peacock were fucking fun to play as. It's too bad this game and it's staff had to rot the way it did.

It's the alpha for skullgirls, back when it was barely functional

high quality OC inbound.

Autism.

It's boring, no back and forth since the first confirm will carry full screen from any where on screen (this is where the no neutral comes from since you go from corner to corner and rarely stay in neutral for more then the first 6 seconds) into hard knockdown into an unreactable mix ups where 1 or 2 assists visually and audibly pollute the game now only making the next mix up not only 99% safe but impossible to see or hear and the only back and forth in a high level match is them guessing right and maybe them getting a turn at it if they're lucky.

Every hit confirms into the same combos and not multiple for different situational set ups since hard knockdown with max possible damage on them into double assist mix ups is always the best way to go, also since every character plays with this gameplan in mind for a diverse cast of character you only have the one gameplay type which is rush-down into low risk high reward oki. (unless they feel like a hero and want to play the grab reset to trick the infinite detector game which at higher level isn't the best option)

If the game was 1 v 1 with the option to grab another characters move for an assist it would be fine but as it is it's more cluttered then marvel 3 and not as fun to play as marvel 2, I'd maybe recommend the game for the tutorial but if they'd afford it I'd say get GG for it's tutorial instead.

She's likely a lesbian you know.

I doubt it.

she's a lesbian. probably trans too

This is the biggest problem I have with Mahvel style games. I can handle faster paced fighting games but once they start throwing a ton of assists in addition to all the fireballs and shit it just becomes a confusing clusterfuck mess that I can't make any sense out of. GG has the speed and intensity of that sort of game without being visual diarrhea, I can always tell what's going on despite all the cuhrayzee shit happening.

Okay user, it's time to get off the internet

Do you got pics?

The porn she draws are mostly lesbian porn.

Well he's not wrong. They're all literal tumblrite sjws and it's been proven.

haha don't worry, xrd is working hard on correcting that by adding characters that clutter the screen with shit

since i have you attention mike, can you tell me why you made it combo centric? I like almost everything about this game but the fact that the core gameplay is basically guitar hero is very unfortunate.

if only the great art and interesting characters where in a game I actually liked I might pay money to play it, but instead I just jack off to them.

I thought that was a fruit basket

Scroll through her twitter, there are a few pictures, nothing really noteworthy enough to save to my computer though tbh

Christina Vee is not a renowned actress out of giving blowjobs for gigs. Ever.

Also, reminder that Mike Z went out of his way to get into her panties only to get turned down live on stream.

What also killed Skullgirls was how Mike kept changing the game to make it his own personal MvC2 (only with grapplers being god-tier). Each update had some drastic change, and nothing was really consistent. A few other things killed the game:

-Really shitty community behind it. People were being creepy faggots or elitist otaku faggots over Skullgirls, pushing nonweeabos away from the game. The development team consisted of some really douchey people too.

Mike Z told Xbox 360 owners to fuck off, blaming Microsoft for the drama when the fgc bought into the "PS3 or nothing" fad years ago (Fuck you for doing this, Mr. Wizard, you fat piece of slimy shit).

I only remember 5 or 6 tracks from the OST, and out of the Maple stage, the OST wasn't really impressive.

Social justice. The answer is always social justice.

Apparently if you call out or make fun of Mike Z on Shoryuken, he'll get really butt hurt, maybe delete your replies to make himself look good (Bring up Cristian Vee to make him upset).

That's the answer for everything.

How did this happen anyway? What caused this? I already know that Mr. Wizard's a Fatass and a kike, but when did the PS3 or nothing fad start?

One thing not exclusive to Skullgirls, but a problem that a lot of crowdfunding projects have is fan votes. It's a good idea in theory and a way to entice more backers by revealing character possibilities but there is one thing that I realized from watching Skullgirls, Torment Tides of Numenera, Mighty No. Shit, and others.

Fans don't know shit about how to make a good decision.

The Call Votes for MN9 were unneccesary because the devs had already decided on the model and were working on merchandise for her long before the vote. TToN had fans vote on a major gameplay mechanic (whether the game would be turn based or real time with pause) and the devs already knew and had been building the game for turn-based. No need to consult the fans and all it did was stir up shit for no reason.

For Lab Zero, knowing that this is possibly the only extra source of revenue they will get to "finish" their game; they opted to let the backers vote. Now Skullgirls is technically missing three characters that Alex needs for a canon story mode. Instead of getting any of these we got Big Band as a stretch goal (Squigly was already in production before their original publishers pulled the funds so she was already expected). Excluding Fukua and Robo-Fortune which were unpayed additions none of the canon characters made it into the current "finished" game. That means Marie is still broken and we lost out on seeing Black Dahlia or Annie. And there were other characters that some of the Devs clearly wanted to work on but none of that came to be.

To make it worse a lot of the voting process was plagued by the waifu crowd who chose their characters based on appearance and not by mechanics.(I hated the Minette fans) And in the case of Eliza, which it can be argued that some people did choose her because of her original proposed blood mechanic, they got shafted because her design didn't pan out that way. I still don't understand what happened with Beowulf getting the second vote and I was on the forums at the time.

Ultimately I would have preferred the devs make the decision on who they wanted to put into the game. Eliza doesn't feel that much different from Parasoul/Valentine, and Beowulf just feels like there were better choices for his slot. I don't have the same disdain for the dev team as most of Holla Forums but man do I think they made a mistake with the vote.

Is that why all their culture is influenced by the west? Is that why race they race mix with white men?

Curiosity gets the best of me. What about her triggers him?

colour me shocked mate
and for the "all their culture is influenced by the west" you can fuck right off, you know you're an idiot. gross generalisations are retarded and you should feel bad.

He tried to talk her into having sex with him on stream and she denied him. Many keks were had.

Kinda started with Evo getting support from Sony, and how Capcom didn't put any effort into the X-Box version of SFxT (that's another story to tell). Nearly every Evo used PS3s until Killer Instinct came out (they might have an X-Box or two for some players, but it was really PS3 or bust). Arcsys also hates the X-Box/Microsoft as much as it hates the West, as they catered to PS3 owners (When CS came out, they purposely delayed Valken's release on the 360 for 5 months while PS3 owners got to use him, never explaining why).

As for Skullgirls, Mike Z ran into problems with updating both consoles, so he decided to piss on the Xbox version for the PS3. Basically, he didn't want to put the effort into fixing both versions.

That he never got to fuck her despite she probably whored herself for voice acting roles.

SOMEONE BUY SKULLGIRLS OFF OF LAB ZERO AND MAKE THIS A BIG HIT NOW

I WANT THAT BABY IN THE SPOTLIGHT

I would actually be OK with Filia being a guest character in uniel.

Not being a very good cuckally.

Now is this a thing or you just shit posting?

I'm exaggerating, but really, she's not good at voice acting. Even Runka Chan is better than Cristina.

Do you think if we get onto both devs, we can make it happen?

y u do dis? I think she's good.

Mike Z, is that you?

Go away Mike Z/Cristina (Keep crying about having not getting a check from Arcsys, Cristina).

I can understand getting a little triggered by not getting sex from her if he had a crush on her, he was still 13-15, and he hadn't had any other women yet.

What made it funny was the fact that he thought his game was so tight that he could ask for it bluntly in a public setting/on stream and she busted his ass down to reality really quick.

I don't know, user. I don't know much about Vee, but i'd very easily take her over this.

Lol

That second pic makes me think she's a landwhale for some reason (lay off the cocaine, Runka).

Look-wise, I'd take Cristian. Both Runka and Vee are at their jobs.

Are there screencaps? I want to see it.

You serious? Why?

Dear God, she did not age well.

I meant that the next shitty BlazBlue won't have English voices, which upset Pat "I'm always an angst-filled-vampire-guy or a monster" Setiz and Cristina (unless Arcsys changed that).

And yea, Runka looks really bad. Not like she was ever hot in the first place.

Seems like an odd choice considering they've had them up until now. Cost cutting?

I beg your pardon?

fucking really?

It wasn't even that much. Mike Z just gave him some honest, composed concrit and Xephon lost his shit.
Funny thing is, when someone posted the logs in one yanderedev thread, Xephon did the opposite of sperging out; he copped on, realised he had been a git and relaxed. This was back when those threads weren't cancer, mind.

Pretty much. It has a really small following (because people are catching onto Arcsys's bullshit), making Arcys think it's a waste to spend money on a shitty actor like Cristina. Also, Arcsys always half-asses Western releases, since it hates the West (despite Weeabos add to the Japanese paychecks).

You know it's true. Also, Pat is a horrible choice to play Dio in the [shitty] Jojo animes.

didnt they change the vote system for the last character, i remember it being something odd for the finals becasue of it
Probably the worst part of being an eliza fan

I love watching Street Fighter / Mahvel / SNK & MK tournaments. But watching this game is BORING AS FUCK. It's just waiting for one person to get a hit. The person who lands that hit, wins. But you have to sit there and watch them do a bajiollion hit combo till the other person is dead. Get ready to have the obnoxious over the top 'hit' sound get drilled into your head.

Yes, they switched the voting system from First-pass-the-post, to Instant Runoff.

The results speak for themselves. Sorry about Eliza, I was in for Scythana, Adam, Taliesin.

Character Vote 1
Round 1

26.6% : Eliza
24.7% : Isaac
24.4% : Annie
23.6% : Minette
23.3% : Stanley
21.7% : Aeon
21.1% : Panzerfaust
20.8% : Beowulf
20.3% : Venus
20.1% : B. Dahlia
18.8% : Feng
15.5%: Marie
13.8% : Molly
12.6% : Brain Drain
11.8% : Umbrella
10.6% : Scythana
9.3% : Roxie
8.1% : Mrs. Victoria
7.9% : D. Violet
7.8% : Taliesin
7.2% : Samson
7.1% : Beatrix
6.2% : Hubrecht
6.1% : Leduc
5.7% : Adam
4.7% : Ileum
4.7% : Yu-Wan
4.5% : Andy
4.4% : Hive
4.0% : Ottomo
2.5% : Regina

Total Votes: 12012
Round 2

25.3% : Eliza
23.5% : Minette
23.1% : Annie
22.7% : Isaac
22.6% : Beowulf
22.1% : Stanley
20.5%: Aeon
20.3% : Panzerfaust
19.9% : B. Dahlia
18.6% : Venus
17.7% : Feng
15.2% : Molly
13.6% : Marie
12.4% : Brain Drain
12.0%: Scythana
10.7%: Umbrella

Total Votes: 11180
Round 3

31.0% : Eliza
28.1% : Annie
27.9% : Minette
24.2% : Aeon
24.1% : Beowulf
21.9% : Isaac
21.9% : Stanley
20.8% : Panzerfaust

Total Votes: 11249
Final Round

30.9% : Eliza
25.5% : Annie
24.3% : Minette
19.4% : Aeon

Total Votes: 11202
Character Vote 2: Aggregate Character Ranking

Beowulf
Minette
Annie
B. Dahlia
Isaac
Aeon
Stanley
Panzerfaust
Feng
Venus
Marie
Scythana
Molly
Umbrella
Brain Drain
Taliesin
D. Violet
Ileum
Roxie
Beatrix
Mrs. Victoria
Leduc
Adam
Hubrecht
Andy
Hive
Ottomo
Samson
Yu-Wan
Regina

Top 3 Characters

11038 votes: Beowulf
9439 votes: Minette
9415 votes: Annie

Well, I guess I can't enjoy indivisible now.

All jews are fruitbaskets!

well yeah, cuz it'll be bad like skullgirls

I liked the demo

That sums up the game entirely.

At least the art and the soundtrack are nice, but I don't have to play a bad game to enjoy both of those things.

is it possible to just run a really cheesy keep-away type team team with the robot girl? messed around a little bit and it feels nice I just don't know who else to put on a team with her. I have fond memories of pissing people off in mvc2 with iceman on point and cable and captain commando as assists. not serious players mind you just online 360 matches.

Squiggly is cool.

If we're talking about team building, i'd like to ask who works well with Filia.

no, mostly cause of
the game all but actively punishes you for not playing rushdown

skullgirls was never good. It was always about the porn.

Admittedly Carmines blood is generated by his attacks rather than being attacked, but the point still stands Lab Zero was full of shit.

youtu.be/n5xQAk9h4DY

I can buy that it would have been too much for the engine to render all the little blood blobs and effects that were proposed in the original design. But the fact that nothing related to blood pools made it in and they just made her a blood shapeshifter feels like a cop out. Instead of giving her a bunch of little balls, maybe just give her a static pool that originates where she gets hit and then allow her to use those as tools for later setups.

I think another reason Mike gave for not implementing some of the original Eliza designs was his disdain for comeback mechanics.

Wow I really forgot how this site's interface works.

Is alex ahad a nigger or a spic? Did he get to fuck white girls?

I always assumed he was a spic mongrel. No, I don't think he ever has or ever will, despite looking like shit he continues to lust after guro and pure 2D, unlike KikeZ. I remember there being a picture taken of KikeZ eating a cake when they got their gajillion dollars kikestarter campaign funded and Ahad was just kind of there wishing to go back to his room and draw more ecchi.

Isn't he a Pajeet?

Ahad seems like a cool guy. I like some of the stuff he's created.

75% health stunlock combos is what went wrong.

After "round 1", Ravidrath said something about how Beowulf was 8 votes behind the top 4. This was essentially a *wink wink nudge nudge* to people who didn't want Annie or Minette.

I liked Beowulf but the execution was utter shit. Has moves blatantly copy-pasted from other games (Talbain's Beast Cannon, Shin-Shoryuken etc), his moves are wildly inconsistent where you can't tell if he's supposed to be a brawler, a wrestler or a luchador, his story further underlines how assblasted Ahad was about him winning the vote, his voiced by, well, some guy (while they blew the budget on Eliza to have FOUR well known VAs) and the theme isn't even by Yamane.

Judging by how Mike talked in the boards, Ahad has been whipped into submission. He kept bringing up how Ahad liked to draw T&A but started to stop and thus, by Kike Z's standards, his art "improved".
And judging by Ahad's Tumblr , I believe he got bullied into just making inoffensive shit. Nonetheless, Ahad's still a fuckin' hypocrite who always pulls the "b-but it's empowering when I do it!" excuse when called out.

I'd have taken Annie no problem if the fans weren't so annoying on the forums. You tell me that I can play magical girl Sol Badguy and I'm on board. But given how Squigly and Robo-Fortune turned out, the two characters I've heard described as the closest to Guilty Gear designed characters, I don't think I would have enjoyed her.

Much like with the guy who voted for Eliza, I'm sorry Beowulf didn't turn out like you expected. Kind of like I said earlier, I think the biggest problem with the character Vote is that L0 clearly knew who they wanted to work on. They both feel like they weren't as focused as other characters.

those all look worse though

Fuck it, because I thought they were nice pages I'm just going to dump the last few character concepts that got released. I wish more time had been put into doing this or the prototype videos but I doubt it would have changed the results.

It sucks that this is what got me into the game in the first place. It's still fun but I'd rather just play Vampire Savior and GG when I do play fightan games.

thats a phone

Funny thing about Annie was Mike swearing on his mother's grave she wouldn't have anything in common with Sol and the first thing that pops in out in concepts is her doing Sol's signature move.
She'd be a Sol clone because that's what the fans would want and outside of Ahad, L0 can't sprout a original thought to save their lives.

In terms of art direction, Eliza was remarkably focused, likely because she was one of Ahad's favorites but fell flat on a lot of other things.
And if they couldn't do the blood pool thing, I wonder the shitstorm it would have been if the time goddess won because like Hell that dumb fuck would be able to pull off the timer/save state gimmicks he promised. She'd probably just be a shitty collection of Mugen jokes.

user…

is this odin sphere

George did the art for Dragon's Crown.

… And Odin's Sphere, and several other nice games.

Why do all his girls look fat and greasy? Probably like the artist himself. Gross tbh.

George Kamitani's art is gross to you user?
Really user?
Really?
OK.

His girls unironically remind me of Kim Kardashian.

I know I'm biting the bait, but I will do it only this time.
user, how on Earth can you make this comparison when you look at the girls from Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, Grand Knights History, Muramasa?
You could try to use this argument when talking about Amazon, but even there it would be an exaggeration.

Wow, I thought I saw the last of this type of post when Kotaku ran that article.

Yeah, I think a lot of the proposed characters had great design. Even characters that have playstyles that I don't usually go for like Taliesin had really sharp looks. I'd play them purely for the aesthetics.

I feel like Skullgirls doesn't want to be too innovative with it's character designs. As far as the original cast goes, Painwheel and Parasoul are probably the most unique characters but overall everyone feet like someone else to some degree. I'd have liked to see Isaac and Scythana because the former just looked really cool even if all he was doing was adding a gimmick to how his specials/supers worked. And Scythana was interesting because Skulllgirls has these persistent bodies when characters die and only one character can do anything with them but it's a terrible option if you have the meter. Hitting people with fallen characters sounded really cool.

The absurd proportion I guess. The kind of proportion that is made for black cock.

I don't play those games. Not an autistic weebcuck.

deja vu

Wow is this what shit taste looks like?

I see the resemblance but cmon man, Only so many ways to draw a pear shaped figure.

Stop feeding him you humongous retard.

Ahad honestly seems like a decent guy. He seemed real cool at the start of development and he probably still is if San Francisco hasn't brainkilled him by now. I'd like to see his art paired up with a better dev team. He has a seriously good knack in Skullgirls with combining cute and creepy.

If he's still in SF then it's probably already too late for him

archive.is/syzKm
archive.is/AA8Ly

SJW-lites, the lot of them.

I didn't really. I tried to give it a chance but the gameplay was just two schizophrenic for me. They should have just gone with a platforming brawler instead.

The only thing good about filia is her mild appeal to my wg fetish
Peacock is the best designed, but not for sexual

That's what drives me up the fucking wall. What the fuck were they thinking making the True Story require 3 specific DLC characters, then leaving it up to chance whether or not they'd get into the game or not.

Meme Wrestler got in over Dahlia because of contrarian anti-waifu fags?

Goddammit.

It's because Ahad's original vision, which was supposed to be WWI but with Prusso-American empires and magicks and detective noire elements, got chopped to bits and reworked in almost its entirety to the point that the only lore is fill ins from the man himself and blurbs from the character bios. I wish they'd used that voice acting money and instead had drawn more lore for the story-mode cutscenes.
The anti-waifu fags were actually more cancerous. Literally no fun allowed in the women-only game of waifu fighting.

A lot of people were "up in arms" over it, accusing Ravidrath of tainting the process. He pretty much told everyone who to vote for if they didn't want the runner-ups of the first vote. And the Annie fans antagonizing literally everyone sealed her fate even quicker.

Community seemed to be half waifufags and half jackasses embarrassed by the game they play and assblasted that some people avoided the "serious" discussion threads (the forums even deleted the off-topic area for a while because one - ONE! - fun-hating cunt was rectally ravaged that some people were minding their own business on some other part of the forum).

Even now Skullgirls isn't the kind of game I would want my parents to walk in on my playing. I haven't lived with my parents for half a decade. I think the art style is great and the character designs are pretty top shelf. But holy shit it wouldn't kill anyone to have a couple of guys in the mix. Isaac looked cool and we could have gotten Discount Potemkin or the People's hero Adam Kapowski.

Most of it is probably a holdover from when the Escapist ran that piece about women objectification and Peter put his foot in his mouth.

I remember when that happened. Thing is if you aren't going to actively discuss techs or BnB's all you really do is lurk those sections if you are at all interested in the game. Plus the off-topic is where you foster your community further.

The devs drank the kool-aid.

Pantieshots removed and SJW kikery aside I kinda liked the game but the roster felt too cramped for all the special mechanics they tried to implement
1 in 2 characters had an unique gimmick that made switching character a pain in the ass (Beowulf's chair, Miss and Robot Fortune's detachable head and that weird skeleton mode for Eliza come to mind) which would be fine if it didn't boild down to "4 characters are the exact same thing copypasted with different hairstyles and the rest feel like you're playing a different game"

However Beowulf is a bro and the best concept for a fightan game character I've seen in years

Panzerfaust looked cool but the roster already had a big guy and that certainly influenced people. Of course, nothing wrong with having more cowtits. :^)
And Adam's gameplay concept was fuckin' terrible.
I wanted Taliesin and Brain Drain.

Not contributing doesn't necessarily equate to not caring about those elements. I glanced those topics every now and then as there's always a thing or two a beginner can pick up (shit like assist choices, team order or plain basic strats).
That said, despite all their uppity shit, there was a lot more shitposting on those topics and it wasn't because of some wild waifufag barging in to let everyone know he wants to skullfuck Squigly.

I think there were some red flags here and there like Mariel and Ahad always defending their work with "it's ok when I do it" and Ravidrath always talking shit about other games when people criticized the art in SG.

I respect your right to an opinion but I think it's a shit opinion. Feel free to disagree.

I liked the idea of a pool of characters all under a single health bar. Makes it impossible to one touch him as a whole but it also means that you trade off what I assume would be more powerful supers as a group for the more individually powerful Adam once you lose the two other Egrets.

I did like Taliesin and I don't even play puppet characters that well.

That's hot. Pics pls

Adam was usually described for his plainness so I was hoping he'd have a semi-realistic fighting style. Seemed like a good counter-balance to all the bs to have a soldier subdue everyone with plain hand-to-hand.

Yeah, I wanted a master of CQC and fire arms. A squad of regular soldiers would have been great.

Also the MGS skins would be the only thing I touched.

I liked it at first, then got tired of being bodied by the nurse from the pop tart commercials. Not much faith in Lab Zero as a company anymore.

(Vanillaware should make a fighting game!)

They need to learn that blocking can be it's own button. "Hold attack to block" is so bad and they don't have an excuse because in all of there games there is always a button or two not being used/redundant.

That's because you can't have tumblr, the FGC and NEETs on the same place at the same time without turmoil happening. Two of them together can kind of tolerate each other, add the third one and the shit flinging begins.

Amen to that, used to do comm managing for a gaming forum and during its limelight, the off-topic section was literally the biggest attraction of the whole place. Then the no-fun-allowed crowd showed up and started forcing us to use harsher rulings until no one really gave much of a shit to the whole place.

Wow i think i might actually kill myself

speaking of, what would a fighting game without corners be like?

kill yourself

Posted this earlier, but I don't think anyone saw it.
Skullgirls Alpha back from when Ahad was a college student.

Even with some flaws here and there (like the block button mentioned), they're getting a lot more competent. Whereas they just made pretty games, now they're making pretty and good ones.
Incidentally, it's been ages since we heard anything about Aegis Rim. I don't even know what the friggin' genre is!
And I'm still waiting for Dragon's Crown DLC. I need that Cleric in my life.

I can't git gud at this game. The combos are too long it feels like i have to memorise a sheet of music for each character instead of just getting used to their moves.

They did it because it bothered enough people at the top that Tifa was featured in the Tropes vs. Wxmxn kikestarter pitch. I take the complete lack of official explanation as a smoking gun to this theory.

Maybe we will get something at this year's TGS?

… Okay, sorry I'm not getting it, but what's got them all triggered by that image?

The original Indivisible protag is a nigger.

So turning her any shade of white triggers the indie Tumblr faggots.

I really want to mod her to be white when the game comes out

They are getting more technically competent, but having played Dragon's Crown I feel like they don't feel the need to improve or change the designs of the genres they are emulating. As a 2D beat em up, DC was frustrating because the backgrounds were so well detailed, but it confused me on where I was or who I was lined up with at range. Kamitami has a fantastic style but the reason why Shadows of Mystara works better for me as a side scroller is that they don't clutter the lanes.

It's not game ending but they need to learn where to put their details. Muramasa is their best game imo and aside from tree stages the stages have the right amount of background detail and enemy density.

so SG is the new Divekick?

Died because its not a good fighting game.

Play UNIEL instead.

just post the porn already

The music is god awful.

Why does everyone treat their whole life like it's some sort of magazine. It's so creepy to see people put their life out on social media and all their minute thoughts while using their real name.

kek
Sounded better in Zeta Gundam though.

Play SFV
HAHA