Vidya that recaptures the PS2 era atmosphere

This one is kind of tricky since it's very subjective. Since PS2 was the console I spent most of my youth with, I really love games that manage to recapture the vibes of that golden age. What exactly that atmosphere consists of, is pretty tricky to nail down, but it has to do with the combination of aesthetic, distinct musical style and the game world appearing larger than it actually is, invoking a sense of curiosity and wonder.

tl;dr post games that give you PS2 era vibes

what, no one?

Might as well shill for this little indie game currently in production. It's inspired more by N64 and GC games, though.

From what I heard, this game.

Yeah, those level5 compilation games sure fit this criteria. I played Liberation Maiden and liked it, but it was pretty lightweight.

a lot of doujin games do OP. check them out

this one is getting released on steam, if you're are too much of a coward's to play it in glorious japanese

and I found out about this one yesterday, it is called Giraffe and Annika. I'm looking forward to its final release.

It's interesting, while not all of them, a large portion of doujin circles are rapidly using the best technology, the newest Unreal Engines, creating new techniques and content for Unity (and they really do get amazing results from Unity.) I see all too often people here crying how nobody is using this new stuff, while in the same breath complaining that Japanese people are still running operating systems from the 90s. It's so uninformed it's a little sad, but the information is out there for anyone interested.

The Yakuza games.

I guess this technically counts, since PS3 Yakuza games are pretty much the same as PS2.

not really.

Never seen that before and you're pulling shit out your ass. I have seen people say they code like it's the 90s, and that seems pretty true.

It was weaboo "educate yourself" tumblr tier

just move to japan already

are you familiar with hyperbole

Well I have no idea what the fuck you mean by "PS2 era vibe".

My perception of it is unique games in both art and gameplay but with subpar graphics.
The EDF games still feel pretty PS2ish, still got the slowdown as well.

Furi comes to mind. Graphics aren't completely subpar, they're "stylistic", but otherwise sounds like it.

For better or for worse, since they reused assets like crazy.

ps2 games usually had levels and weren't 50% walking sim

check out doujin games if you want that PS2 style fix

I doubt OP meant weebshit like this.

did he mean imitation weeb shit like furi or grand theft auto? Or the other 90% of the PS2 library which was Japanese games.

Yeah, because the PS2 totally isn't known mostly for Japanese games.

no no no, you are jumping the gun. clearly he wanted the meme shovelware like animal world soccer. Gosh, don't you get it? My experience with the PS2 prevails over the objective matter of the majority of the library, especially that library which most people on an anime image board spinoff are familiar with. fucking baka.

Japanese games =/= playing as little girls

Day of the rope when

When you hang yourself, you disgusting weeaboo. See you in Gensokyo!

Why do qt animu grills offend you so much?

This one looks pretty good. Is it a Zeldalike? Is it getting localized? It reminds me a little bit of White Knight Chronicles on PS3, the trailer of it blew my mind with its graphics back in 2007.

This guy kind of gets it. The kind of word I'm looking for about graphics is less "subpar" and more "simplistic and clean".

Nothin' wron' with good ol' weebshit, as long as the game plays alright.

Yeah simplistic, clean and easily recognizable graphics is a better choice of wording than subpar. Modern games sometimes overdo it with muh graphical fidelity, to the point the presentation suffers from it.