Total War Rome 2

So, i just installed Total War Rome II, what i am in for? Never tried total war series before, but lately got interested in roman and antique culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OaAEFrmwd5c&t=1s
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Heavily_suggest_checking_before_posting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aw sweet a troll thread

No, its serious.

Play the first Rome and Medieval 2, and mod them, best TW games you'll find. Shogun 2 is acceptable too, drop the rest

First Rome is better than second?

Empire and Napoleon were good.

Among other news water is wet, mark is a kike and trump won. Vanilla TWR looks like shit but you've got autistic modders that vastly improve on both content and graphics.

Empire needs to be modded a bit before its good.

In my personal opinion:
Go as west Rome against all hordes and backstabing east. Hell it's a lot of fun.
V-v-v-v-enice in New World!
Try to sink black ship.
Pol-Lit Com in India! By land! Or even better: Dutch in India by land!

If you're thinking of Rome 2 with all DLCs and patches, no. In its release state, yes

You fucked up.

The best games are Rome 1 and Medieval 2.
The fact that there are still new, huge overhaul mods being made for Med 2 while no one gives a fuck about the new games attests to that.

Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 are all right, but they're significantly weaker than R1 and M2.
Start with Rome 1 and have as much fun as you can with it before moving on. It's the easiest of all the games and plays really well. My only complaint about it is the pathfinding which is absolute dog shit, but you shouldn't be fighting full stacks inside of cities anyway, so it only rarely gets in the way.

I've actually been playing it recently, it's certainly not as bad as it was at release, it's alright no where near the best in the series, hell Attila was better which personally I think is Shogun 2 but what do I know

You fucking cancer.

You don't know shit.
Let's go over all the cancer that Shogun 2 has.

Now that I shat all over it, I'll say that it's worth looking into, but I honestly don't like it or the changes that it brought.
The only one that I liked was being able to use your agents in a passive way with no danger to them, but that's only there because you need to level them up anyway.

I really don't get how people can like it so much.
Is it because it wasn't broken on launch like Empire was?

Is Attila any good?

If you've never played the series before, this is unarguably the worst one you could have started with. It is considered the shittiest Total War game ever made. Should have gone with the first Rome.

Does anyone here have a MEGA/torrent link for Rome 1? I wouldn't ask for spoonfeeding normally, but what with TPB becoming a honeypot and KAT going a similar way I don't know any place I can trust proper.

Take medieval 2+kingdoms expansion, install Call of warhammer beginning of the end times.
Be the witness of battles such as this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=OaAEFrmwd5c&t=1s

pls

Is there a list of best Rome 1 mods/enhancements for a first playthrough?

Look in the mega links in the OP of the share thread user.

Don't play any of the games before Empires. The control scheme of the old total war games is going to drive you insane and make you want to throw your computer into a wall. They streamlined the controls and made it much better

Danke friendo

sure let's skip the game with an endless amount of mods because the control scheme takes some getting used to

Total WaWa is alright

How can you be so profoundly stupid to consider the control scheme of those games complicated, yet you manage to manipulate a keyboard and post on Holla Forums?

Oh come on user, you're telling me you think that old game can really stand up to Total Warâ„¢: Rome 2 with all this fantastic DLC?

In the first Rome, it's didn't cost $7.99 to unlock the Greek States.

No, you know what you had to do? You had to kick their asses. When you trampled their empire to dust, then you got to play as the Greeks. But now it's pay up goy.

Although in Rome 1, you could just go in the game files and swap every faction to "playable", even the Senate or the Rebels.

You're doing it wrong.
Install the divide et impera mod; or wait a few weeks until they release version 1.2 then start the game all over.
I won't direct link it, just google it.

Rome 2 without DeI:

Rome 2 with DeI:
tl;dr it makes historical sense

I sincerely hope you did not place archers right side of the bridge or crossing. That would be more inefficient than placing them on the right side of the bridge or crossing due to enemies holding shields with their left arms.

Mods can't fix something that is broken in a fundamental/engine level.

By the way that was all on very hard campaign difficulty.

I recommend you set it to very hard campaign and medium battles, anything above simply makes the game retarded (it makes naked gallic soldiers fearless and nigh invincible).
The game is balanced poorly in terms of AI (just like Rome 1) so that enemy units above medium battle difficulty don't play smarter they just get +x morale and +x attack and defense.

I still remember in rome 1 when my praetorians lost half of their company against 2 companies of gallic spearmen (the basic unarmored ones).

There's nothing fundamentally broken with rome 2 (except the battle behavior of the AI).
If there is (except that which I agree is retardation), do point it out.

The whole combat system is broken and there is no way to fix that short of essentially rewriting the whole engine and the way it handles hand to hand combat.

I remember the mod fixed some stuff to make it more realistic, e.g. a cavalry charge from behind instantly routs a unit no matter what unit it is (except for the most hardcore, endgame ones but even those would suffer a large morale hit).
I don't remember much else but I do remember they always strived for historical accuracy.
I also recall that they overhauled the naval combat system so that it can be fought on the map (rather than having to auto-fight it because it was retardedly imbalanced).

Just checked, the share link is ded.

Chucklefuck

gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/Heavily_suggest_checking_before_posting

I don't have a single unit of archers in my army in that screenshot.