What are your expectations for Death Stranding?

What are your expectations for Death Stranding?

What we know:

Theres some far out shit i've seen about Death Stranding but my personal guess is the game is an open world sci-fi shooter set in a world post ecological disaster. Most humans are dead and a new species of man with some form of abilities bordering on the supernatural have appeared and you play multiple characters on various island locations attempting to escape these "manhunters" out to wipe out the last of the race that made the world the ruin it is during the games time. Though i don't know if it will be a straight "Earth in the near future" ala Metal Gear or take the Gears of War route of "its almost our earth but not quite" sort of setting.
I assume there will be some Dark Zone style online pvp area as well as Dark Souls style temporary summoning of other players for co-op play.
I also think the base building and resource gathering of Peace Walker/The Phantom Pain will make a return with more of a focus on scavenging the scant resources available on each island location to survive.
Given that iceland the south pole are mentioned in some fashion as locations- both cold areas but also regions with geological instability at times- i assume a mgs3 style survival sub system will be included not just taking into account injuries and hunger but warmth as well.

BUT THATS JUST A THEORY, A GAY THEORY!

What do you think it will be?

I have absolutely no idea.
This will be the game to prove whether Kojima is a total hack or a genius held back by his studio.

It's going to be a """"""lovecraftian"""""" open world zombie stealth game, but the zombies will be some RE tier abomination that has secretly evolved at the bottom of the ocean in some ancient civilization that has been contaminated by a nuclear explosion or an oil spill or some other man made destruction. The fish zombie people will come to land in waves and try to get revenge on human civilization. Meanwhile, there's some prophecy about how "when the zombie fish people show up, shit's gonna get even more fucked because somehow they'll be able to instigate some catastrophic, world rending natural phenomena"

Or not. How the fuck am I supposed to know?

HYPED
GOTY, will get the preorder.

Will you take this?

Head on?

I don't know, but what you wrote would make for an interesting game.

Trumps presidency will be over before this comes out

I only care for combat system.
Story, lore, setting, music all that surface shit can be whatever, I don't give a fuck.
If it's fun to kill shit, then I play the game, if it's not, game can fuck right off.

Combat in most of Kojimbo's games was fine, so I'm calmly looking forward this one too. But until they show me gameplay, I don't give much fuck.

My interpretation was that Reedus's character is a programmer/inventor of some kind, and the baby is his creation. I'm guessing it was taken from him by a government or corporation and weaponized.

YOU’RE SETTING YOURSELF UP, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.

I don't think it will take longer than 8 years

STRANDING

I'm expecting it to be a 3rd person shooter that acts like Uncharted in some parts, P.T. in others. Most of us will decry this game as the moment when Kojima officially becomes irredeemable while a few still appreciate the gameplay being massively better than ND's game. The story will be so nonsensical that Kingdom Hearts seems a little less insane than usual. This will be due to Kojima feeling the freedom from MGS too much and overcompensating for it. Plus it will be the first Kojima game with story DLC, or at least a significant part of the game being DLC because of Sony being the publisher.

What do those failures have to do with Kojima?

I expect nothing and I'm still disappointed.

does that mean you were not bothered by no chapter 3?

It's going to most likely be a cinematic third-person shooter, but we literally have no idea beyond that. No point in trying,

Story wrapped up good enough, while everyone complained it was unfinished, I dunno what questions you can possible have left.

As for gameplay - sure 2/3 of a game is not as good as full one, but those were 2/3 of a great fucking game, so I'm fine with that. It still was more finished than say Dark Souls or Kotor2.

It is a fun game but dude it was blatantly unfinished. Chapter 2 was mostly Chapter 1 missions with a specific challenge. The Truth mission comes out of nowhere and completely changes how the first mission played out which makes no fucking sense. There's a distinct lack of a weighty conclusion. Even the hidden nuke cutscene - that will never ever happen or play - which seems to act like an end, still doesn't say all that much. Even the unfinished mission 51 isn't a good end. Let's face it, the game ran out of budget and patience from Konami super hard.

kojima is a hack

Almost zero. The same for every other one of kojima's films.