Dead Rising 4 compilation on where it went wrong...

Dead Rising 4 compilation on where it went wrong. Looking at around 3:41 it seems their main issue was solely bringing back Frank and focusing on Willamette and the combat.

LOL

holy shit, that faggot with the beard is insufferable

Haha, quirky and unique! Awesome! XD

Didn't even try to make the promo look decent.

Was this written by Anthony Burch?
Holy shit

STOP LETTING HIPSTERS MAKE VIDEO GAMES

But its cheaper

It's "also what the people wanted!!"

It's cheap initially, but in the long run it's going to bite you in the ass when nobody buys Saints Row ft. Michael De Santa.

Fuck, I knew he reminded me of someone.
Whats with Capcom and generic middle aged men nowadays?

Maybe it's because of their flexibility

It's funny because that was exactly Frank's design idea, from what I recall, and he was pretty unique in the concept because he was treated like a regular man in an outrageous situation.

Now he seems like a, I don't know, a Youtube e-celeb instead of a person.

OLD MEN

Thats whats glorious about it
Due to all the outrageous characters, Frank is quite unique in the game.
also his face

Can't wait to see this flop and end up in bargain bins.

WARNING

It will
It barely has any relevance whatsoever
3 only succeeded because it was an Xbones launch title.
This shit doesnt cater neither to casuals or the core and Capcom has barely shilled for it when release is in the 6th.
Its fucked.

Jesus, some real fucking retards running about over in Vancouver, hope it fucking flops

They keep saying "we're going back to our roots" but they're just eating the dirt that was on the roots.

Like I couldn't watch it all the way though, I mean I want to cringe, I want to cringe so hard I can feel my heart imploding on it self.

Frank doesn't even look like frank I don't care if he's sixty. the model doesn't fit it's like someone wearing his skin?!

Why is it were in the so called. *Next generation" And everything looks like shit you can't say the graphics look good and have me looking at my model in game look like a fucking barbie doll.

What is wrong with you?!

On another note, I feel like I've seen this youtuber alot around here
I suspect one of you either really likes him or is him

How fucking new are you?

Thats not Frank West, thats Wank Fest

Why does every fucking Western game developer look like this now?

You probably mean nordic
Plenty of uncucked companies in the West.

They are really trying to make it look like your typical sandbox game

Unless you're a retarded weaboo of course

Every time a dev says this, it usually means the opposite.
And that stupid hamburger comment shows how little they understand.

That's an Afircan game.

I thought that was a French game

Thats the joke

FUCK ME DEAD, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS!? PSYCHOS WERE THE BEST PART OF DEAD RISING. THE MOMENT YOU HEARD "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL" YOU KNEW YOU WERE IN DEEP SHIT. FUCK CAPCOM VANCOUVER, FUCK CAPCOM!

lel

That was easily the most infuriating thing I've ever heard. The reason devs make sequels is supposed to be because people want more of the same game. I really wish this industry would just burn so we could start all over and get people to learn how to make games again.

fuck your well

What's the point even? What audience are they going for? This is just mind boggling.

>We've been trying to tailor the experience for as wide an audience as possible.
Theres your answer.

They just don't learn do they? They aren't working on some ridiculously popular title that's going to get away with these changes and trick people into thinking it's better for them. It's a title that's just above niche status. This is going to bomb like crazy.

Xbone launch title wont save them now.

guy who couldn't make game 1 work here.

just finished game, it was a fun experience. is there any reason to go back and try to save other people? i got the good ending punch fight Brock and escape with isabella

I think the more hilarious part of this ordeal is how many times they go "Frank is back!" (It's not like he disappeared since OTR was about him instead of Chuck & he was the partner in Case West) even though it looks nothing like Frank, sounds nothing like Frank ("Oh yeah TJs a good actor, whatever."), & "We're going back to our roots except we're actually not."
Inb4 its a repeat of Donte & You just don't like it because he doesn't have white hair

Or an improved version of the same game that builds upon and improves its predecessor. Experimentation I'd say is best reserved for spinoffs.

Other that the shitty overused "muh daughter" plot Chuck was pretty good. A shame he had to go for Spicy Beaner and Frank again.

I don't think so, usually saving the survivors is just if you want to level up faster.

And a question for you vidyafags, wasn't this game by japs? Are they still doing it? Because the writing smells like shitty western liberals/cucks

First game was the only one by Jap devs, the rest are by westerners.

Also regardless if you don't like the timer, there is absolutely no reason it should be removed from the game. Just add a nightmare mode or something & while it won't save itself from being a real piece of shit, it would at least still have one of the roots of the series there.

Only the first game is made by them. From Dead Rising 2 & beyond, it was taken over by Canadians.

Strangely enough I thought DR2 had a sort of Japanese flavour to it's humor. You know, how Japs see Americans hence why everything is so over the top.

Well DR2 (The original at least) had some of the members from DR1 working on it.

I don't how you couldn't like this guy. He looked like this the entire game! It was great! Where Frank was Joe Everyman, Chuck was single cowboy dad.

Only thing I didn't really like about Chuck was the one-liners after killing psychos

that was the best part you asshole

Inafune was still producer, maybe that had something to do with it, I dunno.

And
after fighting that Chris Chan boss

some youtubers are alright by our standards and CrowbCat is one of them and
Accursed Farms is an other one

Based crowbcat.
I MEAN LOOK AT THIS FACE WHY WOULD YOU TRUST THIS GUY, FUCKING JAPANESE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what the fuck were they thinking?

Saving survivors is literally half the game.

Try beating the game while saving all the survivors in one playthrough. If you REALLY wanna test your skills, do it starting from level 1.

Rip in piece Carlos ;_;7

I thought Inafune left Capcom. How did this happen?

I like how they always bring that good ol' argument of authority "we asked the fans" "the fans told us" without ever citing any source (probably one of their San Fran cock-tail party) nor polls of any sort.

When I'm a billionaire I'll make great games which goal isn't to make profit but just to be fun and I'll go to wherever people are the most assblasted faggots that don't want to play videogames anymore for feedback, not to fucking /r/games.

MOST OF THEIR FEEDBACK ACTUALLY COMES FROM QA TESTERS, THIS IS DISHONORED ALL OVER AGAIN
watch at 7:00

Selfies aren't even a trend it's just a way to take a pic of yourself by yourself without a mirror, why is this a feature. And why do they think the combat is good, it looks fucking worse somehow. What's the point of Frank being back when it's just a skin, he's now epic action hero instead of normal humble reporter, should've made a new character altogether.
You listened to people who parrot opinions and follow memes/trends, they never played the first game and if they did they don't give a shit.
>old men and hipster faggots
Nothing else to say.

look the video, the "fans" are QA testers and we all know how good at videogames those people are.

I think that this """"job"""" is like VAs, 90% of retarded SJWs that don't even play videogames but are only here because of their "friends".

Same way all of Capcom's other recent fuck ups happen; Capcom is fucking retarded and don't know what they're doing

Well, you got a point. Street Fighter V fell flat on it's face on day one and it still hasn't recovered.

Best girl coming through.

I don't think they listened to any fans. I like to think "listened to the fans" means "I don't care about the fans, I'm doing what I think would generate more money".

So when someone, anyone, says something like "We listened to the fans and added flaccid dicks to every character model", I think you can figure out the rest.

So many wrong things… The worst thing is getting rigged of the psycopaths and replacing them with just generic evil NPC with silly costumes. Who thought that was a good idea? Did those guys even care about Dead Rising?

Another Capcom franchise killed because of shitty western developers.

This is what happens when you get a japanese as fuck game and give it to western devs.

I like Crowbcat but I prefer it when he does not add any text - just gives us footage for us to decide for ourselves what to think.

A game developed by "listening to the fans" NEVER results in a deeper, harder, more complex game which is really weird, since that's almost universally what the actual fans of absolutely any game clamor for.

It's almost like "listen to the fans" is code for "listen to the lowest common denominator".

Listen to (people who we would really like to be) the fans

It's very troublesome. On one hand, you don't want to ignore fan feedback, because it may bring genuine issues to your attention. On the other hand, almost all your fans will be morons who don't know what they want.

She really is underated

From the perspective of someone who browses only Holla Forums: If you're talking about the people who talk about stuff like "survival mode" where you have to eat and overly complicating systems where you have to allocate every single resource. Usually when people ask for "more complicated" gameplay on Holla Forums its about all kinds of trivial unfun and straight up autistic bullshit that nobody wants to play.

Now, I am not knocking complicated gameplay. Guilty Gear XX is complicated as fuck, but the complexity does not come off as annoying bullshit like the other examples I gave.

If you're type 1 (survival mode and trivial bullshit) then fuck off retard. If you're type 2 (stuff like Roman Canceling) then yes I can understand. But making something complex is like making original content. There is nothing inherently positive in it, it has to be applied in a positive manner.

[citation needed]

You're confusing

With

Dead rising is all about killing zombies and hi larious jokes right?

not sure i should bother with 2…

2 wasn't bad, there's even 2 electric boogaloo off the record with frank west back which was even better imho

I fucking hate everything. Video games were a mistake.

RIP Dead Rising. You were too good for this world.

Its really quite impressive how DR1 walked such a fine line between LOLSORANDUM shit and a played straight story and characters.

Because Japanese developers, weirdly, knows how to mix comedy and seriousness in perfect balance. When shitty westeners take over they focus in two things, over grimdark shit or silly meme comedy. Or well, maybe we could say this is the problem when the original studio that worked in the game wasn't even involved with the development of the sequels.

you know this shit you're complaining about in DR4 most likely started with DR2OTR

it sounds to me like incompetent hack frauds basing the success of their game on memefying their original main character, because they can't write anything better and "zombies" are already a stale concept.

from what i'm reading in this thread, OTR and beyond are the equivalent of oblivion and skyrim with zombies.

Why, why?! this is fucking shit.

Well, I liked OTR more than DR2. I wish that was the canon game.

But Saints Row 2 had the perfect balance as well though. Stop being a weeb fag.

DO I FIT IN YET GUISE?

Every video from this faggot

We are talking about a japanese game being handed to a western studio, you poo poo eater. Saints Row 2 was the GTA when GTA stopped being GTA and became more serious, then they listened to all memesters and made the game a full joke.

I always think that any game that says that it has listened to the fans really doesn't have much of an idea why the first game was good.
Because what did the fans even like in the first place? The great ideas that the devs came up with in the first place. So instead of coming up with even more good ideas you're listening to people who probably suggest the first thing that comes to their minds.

On one hand games like Strider and Bionic Commando rearmed turned out really well.
On the other you have trash like Yaiba and DmC and LP3. I guess it counts on the studio?

Yaiba, DmC, and LP3 was due to the recommendation of this guy.

A piece of fucking shit who ruined what could have been one of the greatest 2D platforming series ever? Yeah I'm aware.
Fuck Inafune.

A NEW AGE

maybe because he's one of the best youtubers out there? all of his videos are awesome

We have other problems.

I'm glad that somebody actually made a video detailing the differences and then quickly goes over what made the first game so great.

He's an alright guy. He's willing to point out flaws in games when others won't, so essentially someone from here that doesn't act like an insufferable cunt. The only real problem he has is that he'll delete videos if enough people criticize them within the week of uploading them.

Sounds like he's missing a testicle. He needs a donor.

He's either unsure of his opinion or he has his head up his ass. Either way, his videos are still pretty good.

Well, at least they didn't censor her cleavage…I guess.

I'm guessing it's the former, him doubting himself too much. Even if he is wrong, just taking the video down because people got upset isn't the proper way to handle it, in my opinion.

Not just that, but taking one video down leaves the blood out for the sharks to smell.

I forget, did later Dead Rising games remove the girls always going for the junk?

I don't remember it happening in 2, but I haven't played 2 in a long time.

wrong, that's neither bibi or hilde

I found it strange how they tried so hard to make bibi unappealing. Whatever the reason it didn't work, boner would not be refused.

I'll admit that Hilde has an alright body, but I wouldn't trust anyone who says "let's make this a gangbang".

it's cause she got the goods

The original DR's atmosphere, and difficulty will never be captured again because the series is not being made by Japs anymore, it's really that simple. The moment the series was handed off to an American studio, whose only experience in making games was shitty sports games, I knew the series was going to be a casual shitfest filled with normalfag humor; With none of the awkward charm of the original. Sure enough DR2 was casual as fuck with crappy humor and the only interesting thing about it is the weapon customization plus multiplayer.

Give me back time limits, give me back that awkward sense of humour and deadpan morbidity that goes with it, give me back that sense of achievement when beating a boss without grinding like a faggot.

Canadian.

I want to fire the devs but I can't, I'm not the CEO.

It was fucked either way
Few Yuropeans can really do something interesting on vidya and fewer even North Americans can do the same nowadays.

I wish I didn't live in a world where I wished failure upon so many games and the people who make them. But I do live in that world, and I do wish those things.

The Original DR has alwys been hammy as fug.

every franchise you love will turn to shit no matter what you do, you have no power to stop it.

CLEAN UP… REGISTER Holla Forums!

Paul was the best psychopath, he went nuclear on the normalfags and stacys.

FUCKING STACYS GET OUT OF MY MALL GOD FUCKING DAAAAAAMN

i couldn't fight him, i just didn't have enough time dammit, between the bomb mission and all the other stuff.

i really dislike the witty one-liners, he was a much better character when he just… stayed silent.

When did that happen?

The too much controversial videos, Nitendrones were going after him for the switch, while moralfag christian conmen attacked him for not praising their faith's cleansing of decadent video games.

Fuck, I had forgotten about the christcuck video. I didn't realize he did a video on the Switch, though; did anyone webm it before he went nuclear?

How is it this hard to make a 2nd DR game. Just have Frank go to another place to solve another problem. Have him locked in another place and "help" will show up in a few days.
Frank was already mature. He maybe made 1-2 sarcastic jokes the whole 1st game. He was just a normal guy thrown into a shit place.
These people don't get why the people liked Dead Rising. Now it's just another run-of-the-mill zombie sandbox. Great.
Don't like the time limit? Don't play it. It's not like you need to look far for a zombie game.

You could ignore the time limit just fine in the first dead rising, normally I fucking hate time limits but since the game was made from scratch with them in mind it actuallly turned out great.

no you couldn't, you were quite tight on time, and rescuing more than 1 person at a time was really difficult because of the shit AI

I think what he means is that DR1 works fine as a popcorn game about zombie murder with a few side quests thrown in.

I meant that right in the start you could ignore the time limit and do whatever the fuck you want. You could stay in the safe room for the entire time

DR2 still had it, three didn't

oh, well, that makes sense

Dead Rising was never even supposed to be made. It started as a MT Framework demo led by Inafune who saw something special in it. Inafune purposely ran over budget to get it made. Capcom execs threatened to shut the whole thing down till Inafune smuggled one of the 360 dev kits with the code to it and Lost Planet over to America to a Microsoft developer briefing. He got a quiet moment and showed it to J Allard and Peter Moore in a spare meeting room while pitching it to them. Moore rang Capcom and offered to cover the costs of MT Framework development and send their engineers in to assist developing it as long as they got Dead Rising as an exclusive and Lost Planet as a timed exclusive.

ConMan saved the company at the time who were reeling from the insane amount of money they lost on Clover Studio. So Capcom basically gave him the freedom to do what he wanted with Dead Rising because he landed Capcom a lifeline.

It's a miracle it ended up so quirky and with so many new gameplay concepts like the idea of "You can't do everything so make the best of your time". Microsoft really liked it and told them not to change anything as well.

It was one of those Microsms in the history of Capcom where everything went right before Capcom fucked it up. Like how the son of Capcom's CEO was the main force behind Dragon's Dogma and it was a massive vanity project that cost a fuckload of money. But it turned out to be an amazing game (Even if it didn't make that money back till the PC version was released because it sold like ass on consoles)

Well that's going to be easy then.

Thats honestly pretty clever of Inafune. Its just so sad he ended up the way he did.

well, he isn't the '''Legendary Kon-Man" for nothing user

ConMan's fall from grace is sad because when he was working as a games producer. He did care about them a ton and prodduced really good games.

Just that when they gave him control of the ship, Capcom execs were also incredibly fucking incompetent and used him as a scapegoat for projects that didn't meet expectations even when he didn't fuck them up. And when he did start authorizing projects that fucked up hard like Lost Planet 3 and DmC. That sealed his fate.

For example, that Bionic Commando "Reboot" started as what Re-Armed was. An affectionate 80's movies spoof and it was greenlit like that. And GRIN and Capcom US were really motivated and even Then Capcom Japan ran focus groups in the US and Europe and didn't even tell Capcom USA that said "Players want gritty and COD like because they like COD" and they had to redesign it to be "gritty". And they even bypassed Inafune (Who was being hands on) to force it in.

Imagine if you worked on that game, were told to change every thing unique about it and then and saw how successful Blood Dragon was. You'd be pissed. If you ever play it, notice how fucking weird the dialoge is chopped together. Steve Blum said he recorded a lot more than what they used and a lot of the humor was completely stripped out. It's insane. And Capcom Japan execs dropped the blame on Inafune, Capcom USA and GRIN for it because they could

You can totally blame ConMan for shit like DmC, Lost Planet 3, Yaiba and MN9. But the way Capcom treated him while he was looking over the company was insane considering how many amazing games they were making while he was there.

To be fair the Bionic Commando Reboot had an AMAZING multiplayer mode. That shit was like being Spider-Man but with guns. Never have I played such an eccentric fast paced shooter like it.

frank west is slowly becoming Donte

He became a douchenozzle in DR2, and is now completely unlikeable XDDD tier garbage in DR4. He already is Donte the fuck you man.

Honestly, at this stage "YOU CAN CALL ME FRANKIE THE ZOMBIE KILLER" sounds like something he'd really say. Especially with their emphasis on SO WHACKY dialogue and LOLL KILL MILLIONS OF ZOMBIES

not even 1000 trumps can stop this cancer.

The AI was a pain. It felt really good saving all 52 people and getting the True ending. The idea that you could fail the game and still play was really cool. They made the game in a way that you could play it over and over.
They removed everything that made it Dead Rising.

We don't need exo-suits, crafting and witty lines. Just look at the first game and do that again, but fix the AI and add more. They did that fine in DR2. At that point crafting wasn't done to death and they worked it in that Chuck is good with his hands.

H*CK OFF TUMBLRTALE

Wew.

I do feel a little bad cause these memes are fresh but still I know I am not the only one who is tired of these blatant CrowbCat viraling/shilling/marketing/advertising

Oh believe me. I loved the NES game and I was hype as fuck for a new one. Everything positive about the BC Reboot was the gamelplay being really good with the swinging and shooting mechanics and it really stood out in online. There just wasn't enough of it, campaign was super short and the boss designs were really good, but there were only three of them in the game (As one of Inafune's best ideas was that the designer of the bosses in DMC 4 would assist designing them). And former GRIN employees put it down to Capcom Japan demanding changes so they had to scrap assets and make the game even more linear so it hit target and budget as Capcom wouldn't even give them an extension despite the sweeping changes and massive cuts they had to make. Even though they proved with Re-Armed people wanted fun and goofy (GRIN even convinced Capcom to take an M-Rating just so they could get the final boss scene from the NES version in)

I think they took the series down, but they did a weekly podcast from the announcement of Re-Armed and the reboot on. And it seemed full of hope and joy that they were making a new Bionic Commando. And you could tell every week how they got ground down to the point on the final week where Capcom USA's producer was just numb and GRIN's designers were just furious and apologizing because it was not the game they wanted to make.

Its was a game with *something* to it and even the critical reviews of it were "Way too short and trying too hard to be hardcore when the actual funny moments are better handled". But it was proof you should never really have any hope for this accursed industry.

Why does it upset you so much?

Don't forget Final Fantasy Project Fortress where GRIN spent time and money for nothing when the Nips in Squeenix said they didn't like the game they were making, then the founders of GRIN went to become OverJew and milk em shekels with Payday.

Turned down by Sega for a Streets Of Rage reboot as well during the brief time Sega was accepting pitches (And then cancelled the project).

I don't blame em for making a new company and going full Jew on their next game. GRIN was mentioned as a company with huge potential at the time and Sony were eying them for a 1st party game. And it all burned down because of greedy and stupid Japanese publishers trying to fuck them around and tell them what works when they know they are wrong.

Fuck the industry. Make a DLC wrapped skinner box, make the money and let it all burn to death.

So now it's killing itself and Dead Rising 4 a hilarious joke.