Kikestarter

Did anything good ever came out of this?

FTL
Rimworld

FTL was kickstarted?
What's the second one?

Yooka Laylee

Check the catalog, there was a rimworld general a couple days ago it might still be there. But as for a description its like a shittier, more casual dorf fort. I enjoy it but that's mostly because my computer can't handle dorf fort

Rimworld is a more accessible dorf fort with a frontier sci-fi setting
I like it a lot, but I'm sure dorf fort purists/autists consider it babby mode

Forgot to remove sage

Wasteland 2 was okay, gave me that tactical rpg itch to scratch but looking back it was mostly because I wanted something similar to jagged alliance 2

Yes.

Mighty No. 9

Divinity Original sin
Wakfu Season 3
FTL
Chivalry
Yoka Laylee

Shovel Knight

Armikrog

Undertale

I liked Darkest Dungeon.

Still waiting on a couple other games to actually come out. Drift Stage has been taking a damn eternity, and I don't know the status of the River City Ransom sequel.

I'll give you Shovel Knight but Armikrog was shit.

Freedom Planet

The books by readonlymemory are pretty spiffy. There's Sega Collected Works and the Bitmap Brothers book.

Those assholes still haven't released the Torque and Spade modes, have they?

There were a notice on Steam about an upcoming Darkest Dungeon DLC.
I've been fiddling with the game too and it makes me curious.

No, and they're probably never coming.

At least Milla got in.

Sunrider was suprisingly good. An animu VN on Renpy with tactical rpg battles. And half of the game is free.

I haven't' heard of that, but that is good to know. I will be cautiously skeptical, as usual, but they did good free updates, so hopefully the DLC is content that's actually worth the pricetag for once. But I'm not sure what kind of DLC you can add to a dungeon-crawler, other than more of the same that we already have.

Also Banner Saga. First and second.

I think Grim Dawn was on kickstarter - they were crowdfunded at least. They've released the full game and are working on an expansion I think.

I'm still playing a pirated version cause they are infamously known for nerfing the challenge with mandatory updates.
Can someone that own it tell me what version are you on?
I have 15015

That's funny. In most updates, they always nerfed a particular strategy that made the game too easy. Usually stuff like all-Hellions spamming stuns and Breakthru, or all-Crusaders spamming Holy Lance. And it always made the players salty as fuck. For a long while it seemed there was a dedicated cluster of Redditors who obsessively downvoted every positive Steam review.

Steam lists your version as the latest, it seems.

A shame about the dev drinking the Kool-Aid.

What, really?

Yes, undeniable proof of trial and error being the only way of teaching anyone anything , that publishers were not the ones holding videogame developers back and that people claiming they are a gamer are willing to throw their money , basic consumer rights and any semblance of self-respect that they can pretend they have right out the window for something that sounds good on paper but has no guarantees of actualy living up to their unrealistic expectations thus making them some of the most gullible idiots that walk this planet

Yeah i heard about the 4 holy lance strategy nerf, but meanwhile they nerfed heart attacks, made corpses toggle-able, and added the collector that drops uber powerful trinkets at low level.
I got the healing headsack and i've been using it ever since.

'Fraid so.

I did forget about the heart attack nerf. Toggling corpses was an undeniable pussy-out move, yeah.

The Collector only drops a few trinkets, then after that he drops high-value gemstones. Still, he can fuck a party up with bad luck. I think he's scripted to fuck up your Necromancer runs all the damn time, the fucker ALWAYS popped up on the way to the boss.

Well he's a bitch anyway. Killed him 4 times so far.
I even started killing shamblers at this point, i wish there was an easier way to find them.

FTL was very close to completion by the time they went to crowdfunding.

Mighty No. 9 is worth it for all the keks it produced. It basically exposed all the retard hipsters who think anything Inajewne or Kikestarter make is gold.

why not both?
i still retain hope that it is just some influenza that he's going through and it will clear out or some form of advanced shitposting but then again he is from Sweden

I wonder how is it like to be born in a country that shames you for some stupid political ideology.

where you born in one of the Poles or something?

Wat

North Pole or South Pole?

Pretty pleased with Exanima, and I'm hoping the devs somehow meet their goals and deliver Sui Generis.

Didn't contribute to the Kickstarter but so far I've enjoyed Exanima even though it's far from being finished.

Camelot Unchained has a nice premise but nothing has come of it so far, as of now it only serves to masturbate my imagination like most kickstarters try to do.

I don't think you need to be from the poles to not be shamed on for being a white maleā€¦

That nigger had a camera on his head?

The only games I can think of that were actually completed are Shantae, Shovel Knight, and UnderTale. The latter gets shit on a lot, but at least it was finished. That's more than most game kickstarters can say.

Well it proved to a large number of people that paying for an unfinished game is a bad idea, so that's something at least. (Not enough people, but there's only so much you can do to stop idiots.)

i guess, games that dont set their goals sky high?

Shantae still isnt out nigga, supposed to be this month but hasnt been any news for months

Correction, no news since last month

Fresh salt: "Next Car Game" has just been split in two while still in early access. The kickstarter backers reward for funding its development? Being told to pay for it again.

To be fair Shuntfest is a branch off of Wreckfest more in the vein of the Flatout stadium games, which is completely different to the regular game.

Though it comparatively looks like a piece of shit.

they run away with the shekels, its over.

really? i though they loved to give monies to third world shitholers

Nothing is 100% bad, user. Kickstarter can be a very good thing if left in the right hands.

Realistically how much man power would it take to moderate over 100k projects?

I have this idea where the money stay in the kickstarter wallet and the guy can't remove it unless he gives you all the official papers and confirmations that he did in fact pay a certified programmer or engineer and didn't just spend 3-9k monthly on cocaine or holiday vacations.

DivOS was pretty good. It certainly had more than a few problems, like literally every other Divinity game, but like every other Divinity game (except Beyond) it's still a damn good game in spite of them.

The salt and eventual mass suicide of the cultists that bought into this.

t. shittastefag

I can only imagine how much SJW crap the second game will have

It'll be ripped and torrented as fast as anything on Japanese TV anyway, so nothing lost there.

Under the Dog on the other hand was a borderline scam.

I just checked and it's still shit.

Yes, but none of the projects that got huge amounts of money to my knowledge.

Ring Runner is my favourite crowdfunded game by far.

Larian are a bunch of cucks.

Less of a branch off and more of a step back? The tech demo they released before Wreckfest is basically a demo of the second game.

Also, the first (part of the) game is still in early access, with a similar update schedule to NMS.

It's not that; Netflix has a history of fucking up shows.