Etrian Odyssey Tier List

I made a tier list because of boredom. I didn't include EOV as it's not out yet in the west, any problems with what I made so far?

The grimoire system puts EO:U in shit tier for me.

I might drop EOU to Good/Ok/whatever tier depending on the general consensus here. I thought EOU's dungeon designs were good with the Claret Hollows being my favourite.

EOU is alright because of the classic mode but the new story mode is fucking dogshit and the fact you can only visit the new stratum in it makes it pretty bad.

It's a shame that it's fixed in EO2U….. while introducing anti-consumer DLC and balancing problems with the bosses.

Not really a fix when the classic mode isn't actually a classic mode.

WRONG, all of it.

Top tier is 3 and 4
Then 2 on a separate tier
then 1
then PQ
then a big gap with the Untolds

5 is apparently as good as 4, so that's heartening.

is it neccessary to play this series in any particular order?

Is Class of Heroes 3 good? I liked the previous one and having a bunch of parties hanging out in different towns ready to take on quests is cool

this tbh fam

Gas is supposed to come out of there, not go in there.

I can see your point in regards to the bosses being built for the story mode party although they did include the bonus dungeon for classic mode. Still doesn't change the fact that the game has problems with a shitty story mode, DLC, floor jump and balance problems.

I bumped off EOU to ok tier, if more people agree with you peeps then I will change it some more although I wonder whether I should include PQ.

You can start with the newer ones but it will be hard going back to the previous games since the newer ones have QoL improvements. It's fine starting with the first game.

How do you even call the last one?

The Untold Fafnir Knight?

Untold: The Fafnir Knight?

This is like the confusing layout of lasercheese

I will be honest, I never noticed the 2

I'm seriously considering learning niponese so I can play EO5 already.

Why do people not like the first EO that much? It was the best one.

if by best you mean worst mainline, then yes.
Skills didn't make sense, physical was an element, bosses could be cheesed super easily due to how elements worked.
It's decent for a first entry, but horrible compared to the others.

5's pretty legit.

Reviving thread.

Mods when? Imagine if someone could fix Untold two by making the enemies stop being such fucking damage sponges. Or add new dungeons.

I mean these games can't be difficult to make. The most complicated shit are the assets which for the DS games are simplistic.

God imagine how great it could be.

Also Olympia did nothing wrong.

Switch 2 and 4 and it's perfect.

It's buggy as shit and has mistranslations out the arse in regards to skill. Lots of archaic mechanisms, like running out of inventory due to key items not disappearing after quests. Or running out of map icons to finish the damn maps.

At least the grimoires can be ignored.

Alright since a couple of people wanted EOIV to be higher and EOII lower here is the new tier list.