3DS Thread

3DS GAMES
Alright, recently I just got homebrew on my N3DS and want to get some ROMs to play on. What games do you recommend and what are you playing now. Also where can I get Fire Emblem Fates without the bullshit localization by shitfaced cucks?

Rune Factory 4
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Keep the thread related to 3DS games only. If you have questions on homebrewing, go to the HOMEBREW thread.

NEW Loverplus translation never ever ;(

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/11/special-edition-new-3ds-models-launching-november-25-100-us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You weren't lying, you really did just get homebrew.

Files are called .CIAs. Use a site like 3DSISO.com or 3DSChaos.com to find games. 3DSISO is the main, Chaos is just a backup and is run by autistic furries who steal posts from each other.

Undubs are all over the place on GBATemp.com or 3DSISO. Just use the search bar and find the one you want.
Some user made a version of FE:Fates that stripped out a lot of the bullshit and added heaps of Jap-only content, as well as unlocked Amiibo DLC. Can't say I have a link to it, but ask in /hbg/ thread or check archives, I think the OPanon makes fresh archives, but not sure.

As for recs:
Pokemon games, if you're into it. Sun and Moon were leaked last week and are pretty good don't listen to autists who only play Gen 1 and 2.
Phoenix Wright Trilogy, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice. The other ones if you can read moon, but you can't I guess, as you asked for FE in English.
Lots of those little puzzle games are good to while away an hour or two. Try BoxBoy and BoxBoxBoy, or VVVVVV.
Monster Hunter 3U/4U/Generations is a must. Keep playing until you git gud. When you first play one, you are turned off, but push through and it becomes GOAT.
Anything Mario, they're all decent.
Harvest Moon is always comfy.
Sonic Boom Fire and Ice is fun. Rest are shit.
Etrian Mystery Dungeon if you liked Pokemon Super.
I'm sure there are a few others, but despite there being a lot of titles, many are shitty shovelware games.
You don't know how pissy I was at the scooby-doo/looney tunes game they made on the 3DS in 5 minutes.

How is 7th Dragon Code VFD? It's supposed to get euro release before the end of the year.

the 3D Classics ports of sega's arcade games are probably the best titles on the 3ds right now. Outrun, Fantasy Zone II, and Streets of Rage are just a few. they all run arcade-perfect, and have options for filters, analog support, and the parallax backgrounds are actually rendered in the distance, so 3D looks amazing.
just like the DS before it, the best games on here are RPGs and puzzle games.
for puzzle games:
picross. 6 'e' titles (7 if you're ok with moon), some more titles for special promos, a sequel to 3D, and pokemon picross (which is free to play with microtransactions, but you can edit the save to get around it)
pushmo/crashmo
boxboy and its sequel
mario vs donkey kong
puzzle and dragons
for RPGs:
bravely default (yes it has a couple censored costumes but it's not a fire emblem fates)
smt iv (was shit), its superior sequel, remakes of devil survivor 1 and 2, soul hackers
etrian odyssey
dragon quest vii, if you can handle the translation
pokemon, if you have shit taste
project x zone 1 and 2
platformers were ok:
mario (see below)
2 kirby games, plus a lot of them for VC (make sure to get amazing mirror)
shantae
nearly all of the old mega man games, more if you emulate
add in all the great NES or GB/C platformers on virtual console
other games include:
rhythm heaven
snake eater 3d (runs at 25 fps on o3ds hardware but still)
pilotwings resort
resident evil revelations, mercenaries
moon chronicles

does that let you skip to different cases, or do you have to unlock them all? id love to replay 2 without suffering through the circus case
can confirm this game is great. it's by HAL, feels like they got tired of not making lolo games
this series isn't for everybody, but the games for it on 3ds are awesome
NSMB2 is way too easy to be fun, SM3DL is ok but feels very bland. mario kart 7 is really good in terms of content and tracks, but the AI is a little easy, keeping me from playing it as much as i've played DS.
iirc, story of seasons was made by harvest moon devs, so check that out as well

Thanks user for pointing to 3DSISO. This helps a lot instead of me having to scour online.

I plan on starting Bravely default after I'm done with RF4. Are there any ways to unlock those costumes? Also I have the Ace attorney Trilogy and no it doesn't have it from what I remember.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KILL THIS BOSS. I upgraded my weapons with lvl 10 material and yet Im dealing fucking 16 damage on this cunt. What the fuck is going on!

He might have a phys restistance; bring some water magic if you have it, and a caster type monster if you can.

Any ideas on when the N3DS will drop to sub-100 dollars?

There's only three games I want to play on the damn thing and like hell I'm going to pay Nintendo full price for it.

River City: Tokyo Rumble is fun, should be on 3dsiso.

You can get the N3DS (not the N3DS XL) for $100 in a few weeks.

gematsu.com/2016/11/special-edition-new-3ds-models-launching-november-25-100-us

you may as well wait for citra with that attitude.

It's on Freeshop.

Unless you're looking for undubs, mods, and fan translations you should be using for everything.

Sonic Generations 3DS. It's Generations with different levels and boss fights. Also the final boss fight is better.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Just because Generations is newer doesn't mean it's a better game to get into the franchise with. Play 4U until you like it.
Kirby: Triple Deluxe. It's a Kirby game and they're always comfy. Planet Robobot is supposed to be better but I haven't played that.
Kid Icarus: Uprising. It's a decent shooter once you get the controls down, and works great with the n3DS. Humour is either really good or really bad depending on your tastes. I'm sure there's a mod for Jap voice acting if you don't like that.
Sm4sh. 3DS version is good if you don't have access to a Wii U. It's neat to have it on a portable console, and Smash Run is fun.
Rhythm Heaven Megamix. Some of the songs are shit but the rest are fun as fuck.
Also Pokemon X. My friends and I don't bother with competitive tactics and it's a giant shitfest, but you never know what someone might use.

Fucking SmileBASIC won't come out in Europe

Nah, Freeshop requires manual updates to show new games, and the dev is slow about it, doesn't include cart-only releases and it's often faster to download it at full speed on your computer and SocketPunch through FBI.

Why is the 3DS such a shitty console
It's not good even after homebrew

It's ok, fun for character creation shenanigans or just a jrpg power trip. 2020 was much deeper and challenging, surprisingly enough.

It's fun, but it's the easiest rpg I've ever played. If your team has any synergy, enemy encounters take 2 turns tops. Story isn't that good either. If you have CFW you can play the US version without any issues.

Oil rig is a must have as a town project, parabolic antenna too, and maybe some solar panels, but I'd like to know if you guys can recommend any other town projects as well. Oh and does anyone have any decent patterns for walkways?

Why cant I get 3DSISO.com to work? When I click on to download all it does it send me to some scam ass site? Like what the fuck? Is it because of my adblock or something?

Thanks user

Does anybody had any 3ds games that will deal with my urge for heavy rpg elemnents and turn based.

I played etrian everything and i need something more!!!!

I got an error when installing menuhax and gave up.
Just fuck my shit up.

Can you read japanese?

Use uBlock instead of adblock and use a script disabler like ghostery or some shit. AdBlock pro actually allows ads through from companies that pay them

Sadly, no,

But i don't give a fuck anymore, as long as gameplay is tight, i will just make shit up myself.

English;
Stella Glow
The Legend of Legacy
7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Unchained Blades

Japanese but can be played using google translate's android app;
Toushin Toshi
Shin Atelier Rorona
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi

Also Puyo Puyo Chronicle comes out in December, that should be piss easy to play without know jap

I think stella glow seems up my ally,

have you played legend of legacy, i hear it aint good, but i don't know

It's either a hit or miss with people. I really enjoyed it, but I'd advise you to either pirate it or download the demo.

ayyy, thanks man

Is the new shin megami good?

I own it, and if you want to get into it, do not play it like you would a regular RPG.

It's hard to get into, the game is vauge on where to go, I have no idea why I do so little damage with one ability over another, magic ends up being a wrestling match with the enemy because you can be locked out of spells if the terrain isn't in the right element for your spell, etc, you learn and improve shit at almost random intervals so you might be overpowered in one area or overpowered by enemies in another.

The game does not tell you where to go, it does not hold your hand and you WILL get your shit wrecked.

So if you're into discovering things, it's a perfect game for you.

still, pirate or demo first.

Haven't played it, heard it a complete step up from the original SMT4 tho

Just do the hardmod, it's only 4 wires. Watched a video of a guy who looked like he'd never soldered in his life do it, was impressed/horrified but it'll work for as long as you need to dump/flash NAND then you never need it again.

Ty anons, seems good enough crawler, except the difficulty.

the only relevant question is
Can I headpat?

If you want, there's an undub of Stella Glow but the dub is decent for a dubbed game.

I'm not sure what other anons thought about it, but I personally think it was a much better game than SMT4.
Keep in mind that it is significantly easier, and the story and characters are more straightforward compared to the original's story.
If you enjoy the SMT games specifically for how unforgiving they are you might not enjoy the new one as much. But to be completely honest, I hate to see SMT4-A pass unnoticed as much as it did because it was actually extremely good and made a lot of improvements from the first.

Terry's Wonderland 3D has a finished fantranslation now

Hell, one guy did it solderless just by taping the wires. Since you only need it once you can just untape it afterword.

No, if you want headpats you have to play the JP version. US version undub does a good job at restoring shit, but headpats are still a no-go.

WOW REAL FUCKING FUN