Large game with a lot of side content

How do I fix this?

Just like make game

Been playing The Witcher 3?

The answer is to only add as much side content as you can add meaningful variety. Doing the same shit over and over again is what burns people out.

how about play games that let you do what you want?

games without rules are not games, they're toys.

And that's bad because you're a big mature boy who don't play with no toys?

Completely off topic but under these stated criteria is a jigsaw puzzle a game or a toy?

What

It's a puzzle.

all games are puzzles

Puzzle implies there are set of rules making it a game if the goal is its completion.

yeah I sure am on Holla Forums

Was a shit thread OP here, let me run through with it

Stop sucking cock, and maybe you wouldn't be a quest whore. Play some game that makes you finish the sidequests only if you play NG+ levels batman games have this, if you want to find all Enigma challenge you need to unlock weapons in that are only on NG+

Basically OP condition yourself

And fuck I'm drunk, my grammar whent to shit….but you get the ideas OP

it's not because the game is too difficult, it is the exact opposite

it is predictable and I know where everything is and what will happen and when and what to do to make it not happen

going through the motions is frustrating

I managed to replay Tales of Symphonia recently after not having played it for 10 years, but upon reaching NG+ I immediately dropped it and couldn't get back into it

Are you retarded? OP never said that. OP meant that once you finish the story you lose all drive to keep playing, is perfectly natural.

This is a problem I have very frequently with RPGs. The worst part is I find myself consulting guide because I get really impatient to get everything done. Xenoblade and Divinity: OS both did this to me in recent memory. It's rare that a game finds the perfect balance.

The only answer might simply be that developers need to improve their craft.

I'm guilty of it, using consulting guide as well - even worse if RPGs have missable side quests which disappears after certain points in the main quest.

I only ever use them of fear of missing anything. I wish they could warn you about missable objects without spoiling it for you. If I don¡t I spend more than I should registering fucking everything.

ill bet you play minecraft, also
kill yourself anytime

>extra story opens up if you manage to find and complete a certain inconspicuous set of sidequests

Do it slowly and do it in chucks. That's what got me through fantasy life.

somewhat related
On the bright side when I come back to them I usually enjoy them much more.

The missables, or the fear of missables, is always what makes me crack open the guide for the first time. After I break the seal though, it becomes easier and easier to rely on the guide. By the end of the game, there's [DRAMATIC STORY DECISION] and I just go to the guide to see what happens with each option. My immersion is nonexistent by this point and I just want to game to reach a satisfying end already.

I guess it's an unholy trifecta of missables, bad pacing/quest bloat, and my own autism/inability to cope with not getting the optimal outcome.

FRIGG U DARK SOULS