Sci-Fi/Comic book MMOs?

So I'm craving a new MMORPG, preferably free to play since I don't like paying for something if I'm going to play it for a week and not give a shit anymore.
I'd really like to find a sci-fi themed one…thus far I play SWTOR, Defiance, DC Universe Online, The Skies, and I've recently gotten back into Star Trek Online.
Pretty much my only stipulation is no korean and japanese shit. I get bored of those within a few hours because of the fucking grinding and the terrible art style.

Might anyone be able to make some recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

uorenaissance.com/
uorenaissance.com/downloads/UO_Renaissance_Client_Full.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eve online is free for the first 20 days if you get a player to send you a link. They are also bringing out alpha clones which is basically a hobbled F2P version of the game.

I tried EVE some time ago….can't say I'm a fan. getting anything at all done in the game felt like pulling teeth. Every third window I opened made me grit my teeth because I just wanted to be DOING something.
It's just not my kind of game, I guess.

Eve doesn't have any gameplay, it's a fucking spread sheet.

Fair enough

That depends on what you are doing user, if you stay in high sec space and avoid PVP then the game is a waste of time. It also helps if you have friends that are into it as well.

Try UO Renaissance
uorenaissance.com/
Client Installer:
uorenaissance.com/downloads/UO_Renaissance_Client_Full.exe
I reccomend making a guy with 50 Magery, 49 Resist Magic and 1 point in fencing (it will give you a starting sword). 1. Run to stables and buy horse with starting gold.
2. Leave town and kill shit. Make sure to skin animals and deposit the hides in your bank. Make sure to harvest and cotton you see and bank it.
3.Once you have a comfortable amount of money and gear, you should buy a runebook and some unmarked runes. Also buy the mark and recall spell. This runebook is your entire life now. You can stand in any spot in the world and mark a rune into your book, allowing you to teleport to that spot at anytime. Over time your runebook will have tons of locations. Focus on marking the newbie area, cities and areas like monster bases or dungeons where you can farm.
Jew Mode:
1.Mark cotton fields and teleport between them so that you're always harvesting the cotton as soon as it spawns.
2. Make a tailoring alt and buy two pack animals. Do work orders from tailoring merchants for big bucks.
3. Mark every tailoring merchant in the world and sell the goods on your main.
God Mode:
1 Character per monitor

this looks about as fun as watching paint dry over paint that's the same color.

Then try reddit. They like top hats and theme parks.

And this is why I don't usually post on Holla Forums.

kys mate

when did OP say anything about theme park MMOs? Fuck off sperg

EVE Online

Nowhere did I say I like theme parks. I said I'm looking for science fiction and comic book MMORPGs. I've played so goddamn many fantasy ones that they all blend together and can't hold my interest for more than a day. Especially this isometric shit.

….so EVE is the only actual suggestion anyone here has?

Herp a derp.

try:

Skyforge (you have to grind to unlock cool classes)
Secret World (battle mechanics are shit, one of the writers was a massive sjw swedecuck, investigations are bretty cool)
Champions online (is shit, but whatever)

Tried Skyforge some time ago. It held my interest for a week.
I actually do play Secret World. It's a favorite of mine that I keep coming back to.
I used to play champions online but I find it too linear and samey. everything seems to get boring around level 30.

Enjoy being cucked by goons

EVE online is a game I don't like. How am I being "cucked by goons" by not playing spreadsheet simulator 2020?

Are there even any japanese mmos/online games other than PSO2?
I want me some anime grindan, but am tired from that one.

The only thing I wanted for an MMO was a Star Wars fleet MMO. Like Empire at War, each player has a fleet limit that can increase depending on what skill they have in Fleet Command or whatever, each ship has a cap value to it so that one player could play a fleet with it's own specialized role or a generalized fleet, ship customization would be as in depth like Eve Online, and it's an open universe persistent sandbox with millions of planets in the Outer Rim for players to take control of and build up a civilization complete with defenses and stuff. The market and all supplies would be entirely player driven. I don't care if it's still on a 2d plain or not.

It would bet right during the Imperial Civil War of the old canon, so there's an excuse for players having access to Imperial vessels. There would also be Rebel vessels due to most of them being simply civilian ships, as well as hundreds of other ships that can be converted into warships or even just serving as mining and transport ships. Maybe even old Separatist vessels that have been updated for modern use.

It's a gosh darn shame I haven't been put in charge of everything. Instead we've got Disney and EA in charge of Star Wars instead. RIP in peace Star Wars.