Re-Volt thread

Before you ask
"What the fuck is this?"
it's a racing game similar to Mario Kart, but with RC cars and actually not even close to being Mario Kart.
First of all, there are 28 different cars and six more available with cheats and 13 tracks within the base game. Pester opponents with pickups you find throughout every track, and be wary of getting hit yourself.
You are also given access to a track editor, in case you get tired of the stock tracks. The updated editor improves on it, and adds a Dreamcast theme to choose from.
In case you want to play against human opponents, there are splitscreen, LAN, and on-line multiplayer modes. In multiplayer, you get to choose from the usual racing, but against real opponents, and Battle Tag, which has four mode-specific tracks. The premise is simple, find the star, and try to hold on to it until your timer runs out.
If you get even MORE bored, there's always the option of mods. You can add new tracks and cars that you or others have made with very little effort.

What you need to play the game
The entirety of the game, with RVGL. The installer includes the 14 cars and a track from the Dreamcast version. It also works on ganoo+linux, and it has separate instructions to go with it on the site.
re-volt.me/rvm/downloads/games
RV House is a multiplayer lobby service. Not needed, but can be useful in case you're computer-retarded.
rv12.revoltzone.net/downloads/rv_house_setup.exe

Additional downloads and links
Track Editor v1.1 If it works, please tell.
a.pomf.cat/ahqwgy.zip
Just about everything about Re-Volt
re-volt.me/rvm/
Site to share and download mods for the game
revoltzone.net

Other urls found in this thread:

re-volt.me/archive/mods/hd_textures/
re-volt.me/archive/mods/re-flections/
revoltzone.net/register
mega.nz/#!M8skXYgA!eSCVFdgHKQSKtjadr_xrQg3hHqRfkxunup9DXTsfD7s
rv12.revoltzone.net/rvgl.php
z3.invisionfree.com/Our_ReVolt_Pub/index.php?showtopic=2257
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I remember this game. Really good shit.

Same, loved it as a kid

very nice

Interesting, will try it when I get up. Loved rc revenge when I was a kid.

The handling in this game is pretty fun, it's pretty easy to slide into sharp turns. The physics can get very frustrating at times, little bumps and scrapes can send you flipping. It's especially tough in Ghost Town 2.

As a kid, the most fun was the cheat vehicles and clockwork carnage mode.
I loved the game growing up, and I had no idea that RC racing and RC "buggies" were a real thing until a few years ago, and I just HAD to get in on it purely out of nostalgia for Re-Volt.

When are we gonna get more games like Re-volt and Toy Commander? Playing as toys in a game is always fun as fuck

There's Table Top Racing: World Tour and VRC PRO. TTR is like Re-volt where VCR PRO is a RC sim game.

But you're right, there should be more games about toys like the Green Army Men and Small Brawl.

Bump. Hoping to get people playing.

I doing the stunt area, is there a way to get the star in the loop?

You've got to brake in the loop and fall on it.
Holy shit is the stunt area absolute madness.
It might be the most frustrating and horribly designed challenge I've ever seen in a video game.
If you just want to unlock clockwork carnage, use cheats to get the UFO and do it with that.

ok then thanks

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit i totally forgot about this game. Played this all the time with my brother on N64. About time for a comfy nostalgia night.

bump
bump
bump

this wasnt a dreamcast exclusive?
holy crap

Holy shit I played the shit out of this on the N64. Good shit.

I really love this game, even if I didn't finish it yet. I always make sure to have this installed on my computer or piece of shit laptop to play from time to time, and I have about 100 custom levels downloaded for it. The thing is that the graphics still look awesome, and when I was a kid I was amazed by the graphics.

But holy shit, I did not know there's a whole community active for this game in (((2016))), how is this possible? Do people play online? That's pretty awesome anyway.

anyone knows how to rebind the 360 controller corectly? Doesnt really work in the menu and is way to sensible when driving.

You just have to get used to the menu bindings being the same as in-game binds, or use keyboard. As for sensitivity, up the steering deadzone to a fair amount, over 50%.

HD Textures:
re-volt.me/archive/mods/hd_textures/

re-fölection:
re-volt.me/archive/mods/re-flections/

If you want to host multiplayer but other players can't connect to your lobby, you can try opening ports 2302-2400. RVGL should use port 2310 for hosting by default, in case you need to specify a single local port. Joining players do not need to do this.
I could host some MP, in case anyone wants to play!
tracker carnival sadist honk honk honk

But user, that one is unreleased

i am a retard, how does this RV House even work?
the fuck

revoltzone.net/register
use the same login in RV House

ok, done. Thanks user.

Seems very empty.

Want to have a race or two without RV House? I can host.

still modding it. I will look later when burger land wakes up.

are custom cars allowed?

Only thing stopping you is whether host has them or not. I've currently got a lot of reskins from the korean mobile version (the original cars from it stick out like a sore thumb), and some dev build cars and most demo cars, for more variety and a bit more balance. Although without modding, Loaded Chique will keep sucking dick for an Advanced rating car.

Dumb question, do I have to unlock the cars in SP to use them is MP?

And that's all cars unlocked, again.
Protip: Complete time trials to unlock DC cars along with reversed tracks.

I think you can use a cheat code as your name once to unlock all cars (and another for tracks) for the session, after which you can change the name again. Repeat each time you start the game. You should hear honking in case the code is correct.

Holy shit, I loved this game
Downloading for loonix asap

You're going to need Panga if you want to get all stars in Stunt Arena.

And there we go, 100%'d once again. All cars, tracks and modes unlocked. Go complete the game yourself.

Why do people do this Holla Forums? The car has a top speed of 80 MPH and can reach it almost instantly. It also has no chance of toppling. What fun is their in completely curbstomping the competition this way?

Did something.

Can you edit the stats to match Toyeca?

You can copy and paste the toyeca's stats to the new cars, but I've been trying to make it different. So far I've spent 30 minutes trying to underpower it just right so it can at least not show up pro class cars.

Now, beat the platinum cup with the AMW.

bamp

bump
is the Holla Forums board dead?

Is anyone still here?
Can someone try out this car? I've edited the stats so it at least rivals pro class, but I want to know if anyone thinks it's still overpowered or whatever.
mega.nz/#!M8skXYgA!eSCVFdgHKQSKtjadr_xrQg3hHqRfkxunup9DXTsfD7s

Took it round Supermarket 2, it never seems to lose grip even at high speeds. That with tight cornering is a killer combo, slow acceleration won't really hurt, but benefit the car in the long run.
Basically performs too well in corners.

So should I lower the acceleration and the grip? I thought the acceleration was alright, but the problem with the grip is that if I even lower it a little, the car is nigh uncontrollable.
Whoever did the original stats for the car really didn't want you fucking with it.

Try lowering the steer rate so you need to slow down in corners.

bump

WHO ARE YOU

My id is SadPanga
But I can't play right now

bamp

Anyone want to have a few (or a fuckton of) races on Friday night?

Sorry, I've got to race my real RC on friday night.

Are you me? Playing as toys or little things in living areas or stuff is always super comfy to me. I think it is something related playing with your toys as a child. I always loved the rats maps in CS 1.5 and loved the Secret World of Arrietty for this reason.

That's interesting, I am glad that instead of using fog that modern games distant textures and objects just use a different low quality texture or low polygon model.

How would we go with arranging races? At what times can any of you play?

THIS BOARD IS TOO GOD DAMN SLOW

WHERE THE FUCK IS user?

THIS BREAD GOT CONSTANTLY BUMPED

THERE IS NO EXCUESS TO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

So are you gonna play or not?

In fact, I'm wondering on how many platforms could the game be ported to.

How to get controllers to work?
I have a couple connected and I'm not sure how to activate them

Go to Options > Controller Settings
Controller Slot to switch to different player's settings, Select Controller to switch used controller for current player, Configure Controller to switch binds for current player. One detected controller can't be in the same slot, except for keyboard. Also don't forget to increase steering deadzone.

Why would i ask that?
I played this shit back when it was first released.
It was really good back in the day, no idea if it still holds up today.

Bump.

Stay alive.

Tazzer round.

THE ABSOLUTE MAD MAN

disappointing

truly a mystery for the ages

Anyone want to do a game?

Is this a sequel? Where's Volt?

rv12.revoltzone.net/rvgl.php
You sure you just can't read?

Well there's this thing, but I can't spare the money or time to play it and git gud.

yeah, the homepage may say that it runs natively on linux, but on the download section it says it should run with wine, and the download itself is .exe

You still didn't read the RVGL page.

this website needs some cleaning

OK, now I can see why, if everyone played the PS2 version. It's trash.

Wait till you find out RC Initial D is a thing.

Aw man I remember this game

I remember that one construction stage with the fucking wrecking balls

bump

I loved this game when I played it in the early 2001 and I love it as much after 15 years.

i just wanna play with some anons

>Instead have to use my xbone controller

What's wrong with the AMW, apart from the fact that it's so light it gets bullied by everything?

I just beat plat cup with it, 'cause with the toyeca it's ez mode.

Nothing's wrong with it.
It's just like you say, it's not EZ mode.

You wanna play with anons? Well, then someone's going to have to set it up, and I am up for it.

Oh shit, RVGL update. DC pack visual fixes, slight improvement to netcode, crash fix, and other stuff.
z3.invisionfree.com/Our_ReVolt_Pub/index.php?showtopic=2257

(CHECKED)
These devs seem pretty cool

Bumping for videogames

I remember stopping at the Wild West town level. That level was hard.

is there mods?
is there a toyota corolla ae86?
can you MAXIMUM DORIFTU?

yes
yes
not really

bamp

It's going to be Friday soon. Racing any time.