Mystery Games

Any games where you can solve a thriller mystery? Preferably games that aren't constant action so no Condemned or anything like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

tinycartridge.com/post/87051657/qa-aksys-on-retelling-a-detective-story
replaying.de/blade-runner/blade-runner-patch-windows-vista-7-8-x64/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the only one that I can't think of now
Its hand holding shit tho

Ehhh, i dont like TV or movie tie-ins

bump

Scratches is a point and click horror mystery game about a writer who just can't seem to find his inspiration to finish his work. He retreats to an old Victorian manor, thinking it will help clear his mind, but in the process stumbles upon something haunting the house. At night, he hears scratches coming from within the manor and over the next several days sets off to find out what's causing it and why.

This is one of the best horror games I've played/ The sound design and soundtrack make the atmosphere amazing.

Where can I get it?

Also, got anything less spooky and more Dick Tracey?

Completely agree. Stepping into the basement for the first time is absolutely nerve-wracking

It used to be up on Steam, that's how I still have my copy. It was taken down for some reason. Now? Torrent, but as to where I couldn't tell you. Pirate Bay is pretty much fucked.

Nope, sorry

Look up the Tex Murphy series, although it's more comedic than what you're probably looking for.

The only game that ever made me feel like a detective, mostly because it doesn't say "yup you're a detective go investigate that's your job" but provides you with a mystery that you naturally would want to uncover.

You should get the crack from a version online you find and post your cracked version in the share threads

How? I'm torrenting some movies right now, straight from there. Also got a lot of games, Scratches included.

Actually, come to think of it, Murdered: Soul Suspect and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Maybe Heavy Rain? Heavy Rain has a particular emphasis on the mystery of who is the Origami Killer.

I haven't played Ghost Trick, but I've heard good things. Murdered: SS isn't great by any means and it wears the detective thing on its sleeve. By the same token, Heavy Rain is a Cage game so for a majority of people it's going to be shit. It's the only Cage game I ever liked enough to finish, though.

I've heard it's being watched, and that it's a honeypot at this point. I don't actually use Pirate Bay anymore, really.

Never had a problem, but I don't live in 'murrica so.

This is why I had hoped Telltales Batman game would be good, someone needs to make a batman game that starts in 1939 with 1939 batman solving mysteries in Post-Prohibition slums, it'd be a great setting for a game and a great new video game spin for Batman.

If you're a fan of Persona then the fourth game is probably what you're looking for. It's a JRPG that has a lot of social sim stuff, with the protagonists trying to discover the killer in their small town.

Ghost Trick is great, but it's not on PC. I suppose it would work emulated.

bump, still looking for my game

Both Deadly Premonition and D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die put you in the role of a detective

The Condemned games, especially the second ones, feature intermittent detective work

The Danganronpa games, faggoty as the presentation is, are entirely focused around forensic investigation and solving murder mysteries

Rip episode 2

RIP Swery

There are like 8 Sherlock Holmes games

The DS had some pretty cool detective games

I guess there's danganrompa?

You should try reading VNs OP, there are a shitload of traslated mystery ones.

Blade Runner (1997)

Keep in mind 2 things

So detective stories is the good version while detective chronicles is the 3/4 version?

Memories of the past is the good one, Detective chronicles is the bad

I've got two suggestions that are wildly different from each other:
This is as close as you're going to get to a murder mystery where nothing is scripted and everything is in the game. The premise is that two teams must eliminate each other in a map full of weapons, and one team is much larger than the other. However, the only players that know which team everyone is on are on the smaller team. This means that everyone in the larger team is suspicious of each other and it is the goal of the smaller team to kill other players and blame it on innocents. Unfortunately this is a GMOD game so the community is generally cancer, but if you've got a bunch of friends there is nothing quite like it.

shitty weaboo anime gay VN where there's hardly any gameplay and the gameplay there is sucks. However, it is very entertaining because of how incredibly absurd each of the murders are. If you enjoy insane plot twists and dont mind some problems with internal consistency I would recommend it. I don't like anime and I hate VNs yet I enjoyed both DR1 and DR2 quite a bit. The 5th case of the second game is my favorite whodunit of all time and makes the shitty parts of the series worth it (DR1 started and ended somewhat poorly and DR2 chapter 3 was incredibly rushed and unfinished). Avoid the anime and Ultra Despair Girls, they are both shit.

Interestingly both GMOD and DR1+2 are available on GNU/Linux though obviously neither are free and open source.

Also yes, Ben Bateman aka "Oh no game is -ist thank god i can fix this" worked on the game

check out this shitty review where he tried to justify removing content as "we were just wanted to see if there was interest, HONEST!!"
tinycartridge.com/post/87051657/qa-aksys-on-retelling-a-detective-story

I'm assuming both games are pozzed, then? Fucking goddamn SJW nigger faggots. All I want is to play my fucking videogames in peace.

All of their shitty visual novels are pozzed, from the looks of his portfolio, he apparently even worked on the new guilty gear despite being fired from the company.

gtfo SA

When did it become a meme to say a faggot gave a game aids? Are you a butthurt fag?

Great, that's two more games I'd have loved to play that go straight into the toilet.

gtfo reddit

Make up you mind shill, also you're right, it's not aids, it's called Gay Related Immune deficiency Disease, GRIDS.

GRIDS sounds good actually unlike your shitty buzzword pozzed

>Gay Related Immune Deficiency Disease
Fuck arguing with shills, gotta go to bed.

How the fuck do you get it to work?

This should fix it
replaying.de/blade-runner/blade-runner-patch-windows-vista-7-8-x64/

bump