I really wish GTAV only had Trevor in it. He was by far the strongest, the most interesting...

I really wish GTAV only had Trevor in it. He was by far the strongest, the most interesting, and the best character in the game and I'm sure with some effort he would've been able to carry the whole story by himself and make it much much better.

I like Trevor better than any of the other character in any GTA if I have to be honest. I know he's kind of the Coldsteel of GTA games, but I can't help it.

Aw sweet a troll thread

I'm not trolling I swear.
Why would this be a troll?

gta 4 + the dlc is the better gta 5

I hope they move forward with that rumour that they are just going to expand GTA online but offer a single player offline mode, Claude didn't speak and I didn't mind it at all.

I'll have to say I haven't played the DLC, but I really wasn't a fan of Niko as a character and of the story in general
GTA4 only saves itself because of the physics and attention to detail for its time

le cuck man

I liked Niko a lot and the surrounding characters even if they are set pieces that get thrown away in a short matter

why do people say sleeping dogs has good melee, gta4 is fucking amazing

It's mostly because all the other characters were so shit. It was also refreshing to play as an actual psychopath again, without the contrivances and other bullshit that allows the protagonist to justify their actions. The other two really sucked though.
Generic template protagonist that wants money, has no emotion, and just wants outta tha hood, and to strike it rich. His only real character development is with Aisha, and thats barely anything. Or wtv the fuck black girls name was that got with the doc.
Literal cuckold with an anger problem. Completely understandable considering his wifes and daughter are whores and his sons a useless idiot. But he never abandons them, or anything else. Then he's also disloyal to his teammates, showing during the story hes a fucking snitch, and a backstabber. Frankly, hes the worst of the three to me. Sure, franklin is shit, but hes still not a traitor, and a complete cuckold.

Gta has a really good melee system that literally never gets used, because for 99% of the game you're shooting people.
Sleeping dogs has an okay system with plenty of situations to use it in.

such a wasted opportunity honestly

I want Niko haters to leave

I don't hate him I just think he's kinda boring

same here I didn't think i would like another gta4 character more than Niko just because i loved the banter between him and roman, but trevor is defeneftly the most fun to watch of GTAV hands down, and they dont focus on the real banger side of franklin to have me even think he was part of a gang, no one tops CJ on that part

I wish they would make DLC following the story after Michael and Franklin kill Trevor and then another one after Franklin kills Michael so that there's a good reason not to chose the C ending.

Next GTA will be even worse

These fuckers should make smaller maps with more detail and population

All newer open world games are dead as fuck, like everyone just cares about how many kmsĀ² of empty space they can make

Expect a strong independent female protagonist and other bullshit that nobody who actually plays the franchise wants

There are not a lot of games that make me sad, but the gta endings in which you kill each other made me sad. And the happy ending was gay too.

I can totally see that shit coming with how everybody moves towards this new bullshit.

Nice meme dude, you put effort in

he was mary sue as fuck. could face anyone and any gang and still come out alive

The reason why you don't like Niko is because you don't know your history. Perhaps Trevor is more your speed.

Grand Theft Auto is a meme game.

Will GTA VI be something other than Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas?

I don't think any of the characters are redeemable as people, but I agree that Trevor's story and arc are the strongest. But I don't think it would work as well without Michael for the contrast.

He's the only one that you can play a typical GTA game and it still make sense in-game. There's no real reason Michael or Franklin would shoot a random guy in the face, steal a cop car and run it into a gas station, but Trevor would.
That of course boils his character to "haha I'm a random psycho", but it fits the bill.

My favorite GTA protagonist is Huang Lee from Chinatown Wars.

It has more details than GTA V.

Someone post the GTA IV vs GTA V detail video

he was the only fun aspect of gta5

Shit game tbh compared to 4

Trevor is a fun character up until he joins back with Michael. Then on out he has the attitude of a spoiled child throwing a tantrum and is nothing more than a butthurt faggot angry at Michael not giving a fuck about his white trash junkie ass.

Franklin should have been the protagonist with Michael acting as a mentor to Franklin which was what the story felt like it was trying to do but then completely dropped it in favor of Trevor's tantrums.

Literally a Fallout 3 nigger.

kill yourself op

You too huh? Always love that out of all the characters he's the one that doesn't get anything he wants.

Shit is beautiful.

That and the minigames were fun.

(checked)
Holy fucking shit that post number though.

its whatever you need it to mean

Those are some damn fine digits, user

Rockstar is literally quoted as saying they wanted to make a character people playing GTA for doing crazy shit and causing uncaring mayhem would feel at home using, dumbass.

Hearing this actually made me impressed because they took their actual audience in mind with the multiple characters they were crafting and actually added little details that make a character better suited to a certain mentality that players might have.

Why does anyone hate Franklin? He complains a lot and can be a wet blanket at times, but he has to be one of the most anti-nigger black characters I've ever seen with constantly calling out all the retarded life threatening shit everyone he knows starts and drags him into or even says along with them and ambitiously trying his best to make something of himself even if that means crime on a much larger and serious scale than some average retarded gangbanger.

He seems to think more with actual common sense and just resigns himself to putting up with it only as long as he needs to.

checked

The game didn't need Franklin. The story is between Michael and Trevor, Franklin just serves as a proxy to help people get acclimated back into San Andreas in lieu of not continuing the Grove Street/Ballers plot.

I liked the dynamic between Trevor and Michael. The way Michael evened Trevor out and Trevor called Michael on his selfishness.

Franklin seemed like he was meant to be the straight man, the audience surrogate who held both responsible when they retreated into their narcissism and psychopathy, but really he was just boring.

I think the game would've benefited story-wise from a stronger ending and more missions, ultimately.

Lamarr is more fun to watch than Franklin and he's a fucking idiot.

Stephen Ogg was a mistake

Yeah, Trevor was a return to form for GTA protagonists. Every one of them was so dull and one dimensional after CJ.

but why

he's so interesting to watch

the way he takes control of every situation he's in, calls people out on their bullshit, has a good sense of humour and is always in control yet still has a sensitive, emotional side that allows him to empathise with victims and the downtrodden

Aw sweet a troll thread

He's a slav alright.

it still hurts, boys.

That has a lot to do with the game forgetting he exists after the first heist because at that point his goal was accomplished. Michael wanted to relive his glory days, Trevor wanted whatever was most convenient for the plot, but all Franklin wanted was to get out of the hood and away from gangbanging. Not even a third of the way through and he has an extravagant house in the hills so there's not much left for him to be doing.

why do the guns sound so much better in gta iv?

That is correct. Frankiln was the best character though. He was in it for the "paper" and that was it.

Franklin would have been okay if he just had a slightly more varied personality with more times to shine and showed more self-agency. He had the same problem that CJ had: all talk, but made into everyone's errand bitch. That's fine for a character like Claude Speed, but not a guy who keeps whining about everything he does.

Michael had more balls because Michael did shit that Michael wanted to do.

This was a problem too. Franklin just didn't have enough going on with him. He needed something more, as in he needed to need something more than just that initial goal of escaping the life of a hoodrat.

Wrong.
The nigger is the best character because of his special driving ability. The fastest the other characters can go is ~130MPH, but I've had nigger up to ~275MPH(yes, with a 2). This make him the best character.

My bad, I just checked and I've actually had Mr.Chocolate up to 290MPH.

I really wish GTA V was a good game

I hate all three of those assholes. Why can't they just do another Claude?

that doesn't make him the best character dumbass

If all you care about is going fast it does, and that's all I care about. GTA is just a open world driving game where you can actually kill the NPCs as far as I'm concerned. Same guy btw, but my ID might be different.

I don't accept it in real life and I won't accept it digitally.

i have no idea how you understand that from that posts, them again i dont know how gay niggers like you think

Is the maximum speed seriously limited by the character you play or is it just because of the faggy super powers they added?

It's the superpowers. The normal max top speed for all cars is ~130MPH. But with Franklin's superpower he's able to go much faster. The longer you keep him in his super power mode the faster he goes. Sometimes it seems to help to go in and out of his superpower to get it to go even faster. It will maintain that special top speed for awhile after you get out of super mode but will eventually go back down to the normal top speed. Most of the time you'll end up having some spectacular crash before you slow down though.

Trevor is too on the nose. I do wish the game had one main character though.

Hope you choke on your kebab

Even without the DLC is better. Niko and Tommy remain my niggers.

Decently grounded, interesting straight man to Trevor and has a great dynamic with Micheal. His friends are annoying as fuck, though, the sheer level of crab-pot-ghetto bullshit they spew is off the fucking charts. I know deep ghetto black-ass motherfuckers, even they aren't that hating on success.

Has a great character arc, but that's about it. He's the least dynamic and affective character of the playable ones, and only shines in playing off of others.

Take how a player plays GTA outside of missions and make him into a character and you basically have Trevor - unrepetant, wild, crazy. I agree that he's the strongest, but I don't think he could carry the whole game. Maybe as the sole /playable/ character, possibly.

Here's the thing about Trevor.
Sure, he might be a LOLSORANDUMB EPIC CRAZY XDDDDD guy, but the thing is, he's more interesting than the other two protagonists. The entire game could just be about Trevor fucking around in the desert and it would still be somewhat entertaining.
If the entire game was about Michael's stupid family problems, it would be a boring rehash of GTAIV except without the revenge plot. If the entire game was about Franklin and his dumbass friends, it would be a boring rehash of San Andreas except the protagonist is a jaded piece of shit.
Trevor's personality is the only thing that makes the story of GTAV even slightly interesting, because he's insane. Again, most of his character is just being an epic lolsorandumb xdddd piece of shit, but the reason it's funny is because everything else is so bland and uninteresting, anything to take the dullness of the game's story away is fucking hilarious.

Because he's a hypocrite. He says he doesn't like the hood gangbanger shit, does it anyway. When he's set up with a sweet house and loadsa dosh, he still does gangbanger shit and gets pulled into his former life of his own choice.

He calls everyone out, but he's still the same as them. He talks the talk, but never walks the walk.

Each of the characters represent a different type of GTA player. Trevor is, of course, the player that doesn't give a shit about anything and just wants to run around causing mayhem. Michael is the player that wants to get through the story. Most of the game's plot revolves around him. Franklin is the player that wants to 100% the game. He frequently talks about "moving forward" in his life, and he arguably accomplishes the most out of the three characters during the course of the game, since by the end he's living in a fucking Hollywood Hills house.

The three characters act as the different methods of the story.

Franklin is a surrogate for the audience and the one who accidentally starts the whole story by instilling a spark of excitement into Micheal's life, which snowballs into a comedy of errors.

Micheal is basically the mover and shaker as the story starts and ends with shit he ultimatley started of his own will, Franklin may have been the firestarter, but Micheal is the one who decided to pour on more fuel.

Trevor is more of a force that Micheal accidentally brings to his city, a consequence of his own character arc that solves as many problems as he causes, being a more of a supporting role to the story, brought in to lengthen and enhance it, who adds even MORE fuel after Micheal seemingly gets out clean.

Franklin started the fire, Micheal poured on the fuel, and Trevor crashed a fucking gas truck into the whole mess.

It's a very basic 3 stage story telling method, simple but sweet. Once Trevor gets in the story, it officially has enough characters to start a 3 plot story, like a sitcom.

Game jumped the shark in the first minute.
From that point, it's just a mildly zany comedy. Nothing wrong with that I guess, but personally I wanted Heat (the movie) in game form.