SS13 General - The Second Era of HateStation Edition

Space Station 13 is a deep space survival simulator developed by the CDC as a identification and containment protocol for isolating autistic individuals from the general populace.

You must register a BYOND account and download the BYOND client to play SS13.

Client download: byond.com/download/

Server Info

IP: byond://jinteki.industries:5513
Tickrate - 0.5 // Random Names ON
Map: DreamStation
Git Repository: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/
Issues: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/issues

It's good to be back.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/5kepvz
poal.me/ngm5k4
poal.me/sjmabn
a.pomf.cat/vspqvo.htm
strawpoll.me/11668770
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/merge_requests/1
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/issues
vocaroo.com/i/s1WmKJ3v19Vv
tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide
kissmanga.com/Manga/Okusan
exhentai.org/g/275380/c8ed0bbd5f/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And so it begins again

Dont you have a pizza party to get to, jew?

You're free to host your server too.
I'll take ANYTHING that shows up.
OH BOY, I missed this threads.

Just for publicity I will be open about this, I have offered gitgud my server due to the hatestation being ran off of a residential connection at present, he declined due to security reasons (He doesn't want to ssh into my server).
Which I can understand, however should connection issues get super bad you know you to call :^)

Also posting to prove to gitgud that chaos needs puttin on that watch list fam

Fifth for the server dying in a few months time.

Then… don't play?
I mean, your position would be understandable if someone was pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to play SS13 here.
Get a server, tell us why it's better and people will join it. Worked before, didn't it?

What are our alternatives?

Literally me
I closed CP because of inactivity.
I can open it again just I do not want two servers competing for around 5 players each. Until gitgud either leaves or asks me to host I aint kicking that shit up fam

Minecraft and Vorestation.

Remember the whole "Altstation vs Hatestation" debacle? That argument didn't move a lot of people back then.

But you see, back then hate had 20~ players so it allowed players of 10~ on each server which is atleast "fun"
5 players between two servers is just two dead servers.

But if that "thinstation" goes forward, this whole discussion is pointless anyway.
We're pretty much fighting over to placeholder stations while thinstation doesn't come up.
Just saying man, either station is fine.

New /tg/code might have some new content to mess around with. Pretty sure it has a bunch of stupid decisions but I'm willing to bear with them to try some new gimmicks they added.

With the addition of the mail room and waste disposal, all major sub-systems have been added to the map. Up next is setting up the bot pathing and the nodes for M.U.L.E.s .

Estimated map completion time: Never Ever

Given how I have no information about thinstation, other than the gitgud.io reference to it, it seems as it is a whole server age away. Remaking spessmen has been tried and failed mutiple times. And seeing how gitgud has dropped hatestation old code tells me it will be based from /tg/.
Overall I have no problem with /tg/ code but our long running history of code back from nel with multiple coders shit on top brings a huge amount of nostalgia I will sorely miss.
Do not fuck this up gitud. Like you did with hate.
Also stop using slack to do muh sekrit admin/host shit. You did it last time with tox and IRC. Even now you use IRC to relay ahelps to a private irc, which by the way is completly unneeded.
Do not quote me on this but the publicity of admin happenings with CP was one of its shining qualities. Bans and all were known by everyone.

Yeah, I'll ensorse that too.
Annoncing bans was great, got people to talk and bitch in the thread.
Also kept some shitters in-line.

I also think we should go public. I loved messing with the 15 year olds.

ThinStation's actually being done in BYOND with reasonable amounts of progress. Granted, it's nowhere near complete. But it's certainly promising.

It's a full rewrite, as in little to no code from the original SS13 period. It's still using the assets but for all intents and purposes it represents a re-implementation of the game.

We don't use slack.

This doesn't happen.

Please answer the following polls:

poal.me/5kepvz
poal.me/ngm5k4

So basically all the NEVER EVER of an SS13 remake while still being in BYOND, the number one reason to remake SS13. Sounds promising alright

Can you estimate the completion date of your project?

Call me sceptical, but I'm hesitant that anything presentable will come out of this.

To his credit, making shit in BYOND is actually piss easy. Just look at the number of Naruto remakes.
Pretty sure Thinstation wouldn't have 1/10 of the content we currently have.
We're looking at over 10 years of SS13 story.

yu fergit dis an, u feg
poal.me/sjmabn

Ded serb?

shit's dead, have a drink instead

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FIX |YOUR SHIT GITGUD

Only know I realize the joke.
Goddamn, that's disgusting.

There was a power outage at our host this morning. The server's coming back up but it'll be a bit. Hang tight lads.

The connection itself is fine.

Power outage that outlasted the APC. Shouldn't happen again any time soon, I generally get 1-2 a year. Partly my fault because I forgot to set the VM to auto-restart when the host boots.

Why are you nerds trying to play video games this early in the morning anyways?

There's a feature in nuTG that basically relays all types of ahelps to a public IRC channel. It's engrained in their code and if not commented out makes it so ANY server that's running tglatest without any modifications relays all their ahelps to their IRC channel, effectively giving them information for shit they don't even have to setup a guy to monitor in.

I hope gitgud seriously din't do that. I mean, who hosts shit codebases without proofreading them and their features first?

Server's up now anyways.

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Cheeky bastards.

We've got fresh blood coming in, if you want to play an active population round we've just started. Get in guys.

you leave the mice party alone fucker

I made them squeek.
SQUEEK

why

monstrous

Re-install. Worked for me. Byond is a piece of shit like that.

By popular demand I've enabled listing our server on the BYOND Hub. You may now delight in the joys of stupid dumb pubbie scum joining us.

GITGUD FIX THIS SHIT

We should have both borgs actually. Not my problem if people chose one over the other.

Random names is on.

tgui is OK nowadays, that meme is stale.

Can't you have random names but also allow people to change their appearance? Also, I can't join head jobs even though it says I'm a human.

it's just meme code till hatecode is up to par

We'd need to patch it in as a separate option. After a bit as a public server I'll poll on whether to keep random names or go with persistence.

If you like it loading a 2 frames per second when outside Win7/8/10 IE 11, sure, it's a whole load of bloat and unused features for no good reason.

Seconded

Use a supported operating system? It's not my problem if you decided to switch back to Vista or XP for some reason. I suppose I could also open up the web client again.

Never had any reason to downgrade from XP to botnet7, the fact that microshit doesn't want to support it anymore because of MUH SHEKELS is not an excuse for a game on BYOND to have devs actively fucking with it and as long as WINE gets its shit together i'll move to linux anyways.

Fuck me I guess. It just doesn't connect to any servers at all. No notification or anything, just blank nothing, and I swear I gave it the proper permissions.

This is what happens when someone who doesnt play the game runs an SS13 server

I just played it my dude. It works fine.

Wait what
sheeeeeeit

Not interested in the game, but can someone link me to the source on that Webm?

It was the chinese chemical plant explosion.

You're a saint.
Thank you kindly.

I vote for persistent names.
They work like tripcodes on a chan: if you're doing something special with them, people will roll with it. If you're being a speshul snowflake, you get to be a special snowflake inside an hamburger.

Sure, let's just dig around a giant rock where nothing fucking happens. At all.
Head north, dingus. There's a door and behind it a terminal where you can control the weather.

You should play it anyway. Things liek that webm happen frequently.
Too frequently, actually.

What about the rest of the players that LIKE tgui? Don't we have a say?
I like it, pressing buttons without it scrolling back up, or seing the animations is nice.
That's the whole point of tgui. It takes longer to load the content but after that it operates much faster than old gui. As a bonus: it should only take longer ONCE. If you click an APC, it should load it and kept the resources in your PC now. If it doesn't, well, you're IE or wathever is fucked.
Pretty sure you can opt out of it though.

Is doomstation still indev?

Playin right now if anyone wants to join

Kinda wish we could play this text-based.
I could play it at work and be an atmos tech.
Lots of numbers floating around, kinda looks official.

Persistent names and persistent appearances force admin intervention as every fucking round dissolves into a shitfest
I can tolerate appearances because the few times someone's abused it real hard they got masslynched, but names? Have you actually played on a server with a gorillion tripfags (great analogy, really) signalling who they are to their friends?

Works great on wine. Has for years. That said, VGA pass-through.

Yes and it's amazing, a wonderful 101 experience for everybody involved.

Well, I did play it. The main problems that arise are meta-friends, speshul snowflakes and people being faggots in general.
There's an easy fix for each of those without admins:

Nothing you can do really. Think on it, if they're meta-friends, they're already talking on skype, steam or discord. Too bad for them, finding metagaming in-game isn't that hard people turning 180 to save someone in the depths of maintenance for instance
Speshul snowflakes are easily solved with the meat grinder. Or the meat hook. If we're using /tg/code we might actually put that thing to use. Bonus point: drag the meathook to the hallway and hang the heretic there for extra displaying power. They can be special for everyone now!
General faggotry gets handled the same way we handle the typical faggotry. My favourite is unstable mutagen. Mutates the faggotry out of them in a few seconds.

Now on a more serious note, we've had some namefags from here, and most of them manage to be hilarious or use the names for something. I liked playing with the numerous Todd Howard impersonaters. Or that one Doomguy that punched ayys.

Names are a tool, same as everything else in the game: you can be a giant faggot with them, or you can make some coolshit. Taking out names is not unlike taking any other tool for RP, like removing the clown's crayons because "he annoys the janitor".

And if there's admins, tormenting the tumblr-tier namefags is always hilarious.
I should know, I did it a lot.

Which servers? What times? Did you pay attention to who did what things, their patterns, and did you play traitor? An awful lot of complaints of "random murder" on certain servers has to do with objectives, ss13 "tripfags", and their ingame rep.

Non-random names creates mandatory metafriends and rivalries. People recognize people if they're playing the game right, and if you're playing in a "contiguous universe", it makes sense. Roleplay-not-roleplay servers? It's shit. You build the bed that these seeds are planted in. "Because people might know eachother out-of-game!" is not a case for them definitely recognizing eachother ingame.
A problem that doesn't exist in all random or even really just random names. More difficult and again, I'm OK with lynching people with stagnant+distinctive appearances who shitpost/griff every round. Doesn't mean we should make the environment conducive to these people.
For every cool one there's four shit ones.
Stable names is a roleplay tool, but due to the way the server is organized, they are not relevant to our roleplay. Clown's crayons are part of his ecosystem, but the janitor's name should not be part of his in a low-roleplay environment.
also
hand scanner is always a possibility, don't forget to check inventories
people don't respect EMT wizardry nearly enough

Relevant to this, I'll mention /tg/, bay and /vg/.
You got two varieties. Some are known for their grief. That's all they're known for. They play alone (noone wants them around) and they grief/valid hunt. Unless they're antangs, then they'll grief HARDER.
Then you got the RP's. And that includes the ERP's too. They usually have antag-roles off and are in it for the autistic roleplaying. They don't play on bay though, they want RP without the rules.
Kinda worse. People there KNOW each other. You'll feel like an outsider. Yes, there's preferential treatment. Yes, they'll chitchat about meaningless stuff with each other just like normalfags. Yes they won't interact much with you because you're not a recognized namefag. It's boring, but at least they don't meta.
Only one kind of namefag there: the dicksucking kind. They think they're fucking funny doing the same shenanigans everyone already did 500 times. Or they suck admin cock so hard it creates a vacuum and triggers an atmos alarm. They hope to become a "pillar of the comunity" so the admins notice them and let them be admins for a day or two.

In every iteration we had fixed names, none of these things happened. Why? Because we have a diferent variety of namefag: the shitposter. Which, come to think of it, shouldn't come as a surprise.
People shitpost in the board, why wouldn't they in-game? Names are just another tool to assist the real-time shitposting in-game. After all, if someone calls you a faggot, you don't care. But if "McLarge Beefhuge" says he's gonna beat you, you better get a wrestler belt and get it on.

people don't respect EMT wizardry nearly enough
Yeah, there's tons of ways to do that. I usually play with a friend or two and they know that even if I know where their corpse is OOC, I won't rescue them if IC my character doesn't have a way of knowing that. Aka: if I'm not playing a medic, they're shit out of luck, I'm playing a detective and I'm drunk in the bar.

I should also mention Hippies "namefags":
They're old. Really old. 7or 8 years in SS13 under their belt. Fortunately they don't do much if they're not traitor otherwise, GG.
They're pretty cool people who don't really care about winning and usually hang around the bar.
General rule: random names on hippie means it's a BR or a pub player. And he's gonna break windows and tables beacuse LMAO VANDALISM

Namefags everywhere. Sibyl, especially at specific times of day, is a great example of how namefagging and not being "a known face" is enough to fuck you over. If you don't see that the aspects of
etc is cancer, I'm not sure what will.

this is actually persistent names applied correctly for the right reasons
is what anyone who doesn't want to really roleplay will get out of it.

is cancer powergrabs but also the cliquish practices that go on for /tg/, but I find it more excusable usually. This is mostly because muh iron fist cracks down on namefags admins don't like, precisely opposite of a working system.

the fucking absolute worst example of this, ego-driven and in-group, barfags are fine but if you think that every namefag or appearancefag is nontraitor and not working with everyone else you're blind as a bat

the commonality of the three shit ones is that names bring nothing but negative aspects where
doesn't require a name
doesn't require a name+is encouraged by contiguous names
doesn't require a name

Want to be Doomguy? Fucking do it. Play dress up if you need to, get your ID flipped and play silent. Todd Howard? Just wear no pants and talk about how your new game is, like, so big and open world, and how fucked your sex life is. Want to get attention, work with buddies, and have admins excuse everything you do? Namefag.

lets not have snow flake names

Also of note: Random Names do nothing to prevent most of the problems people atribute to them.
Faggots want names to feel special and different. You make the names Random? They will go with appearance, which doubles as a way to recognize their meta-friends. This is why the Pink\Green Afro for assistants is present in every shitter story that involves grey tiding.

You remove the appearance, that still doesn't solve anything. They'll grab a jumpsuit with a weird color, or the cat ears or some other piece of clothing to differenciate themselves with. Or plain just head to a mirror and change it back to whatever they want.
And failing that, it will be speech patterns or specific slang.

The only thing this achieves is cutting down on everyone else that wasn't a faggot with those features and wanted to be named Terrorsaurus while wearking a mohawk haircut or name himself Butch, sport a nice haircut, a leather jacket and start the Maintenance Snakes gang.

To put it in perspective, think of names\appearance\clothing in SS13 as a phalic-shaped object.
You can use it for a lot of stuff including bashing people with it, but there will always be some fag that will shove it up his ass. You can try to remove that object but the fag will always find something else to shove up his ass and you just get less one blunt instrument available for you to beat them with.

?

appearance is also random on the server

No, it's more like you're putting 10.000 locks on your front door making you take 30 minutes to get inside when the robber is just gonna get in by the window now.

The problem is not the names, the appearance or the clothing, it's the players. Instead of removing the feature they are abusing to be faggots, what about removing the players instead?
I didn't saw anyone asking for bombs to be removed from the game just because Tzeentch exploded several of them for 6 or more consecutive rounds.

With mirrors to pick the haircut you want, no? Then it's kinda of a void point. The haircut and it's color is the most signifying identifier in SS13 as everything else is either too small (eye color) or covered in clothing to be noticed.

I got a solution for the "faggots abusing permanent names".
You know how you can be "antag-banned" or "job-banned"?
We can code in a "name-ban". Aka: you get a forced random name.
Only downside is that it requires admin intervention.

your examples are based on meta gaming shitters which you're not wrong in what you're saying but however they happen less often then pubbies who want their special OC to play as

"They happen less often" is not an excuse for this. If you want yet another example, banning fixed names is like banning guns.
You all know the argument "guns don't kill people, people kill people". I think "names aren't faggotry, players using names for faggotry are faggotry".

Yeah, you cut down on the frequency of something like that happens. And what is the price? Everyone else loses a tool for RP. You let one or two idiots who can't behave like someone with most of his brain intact afect how the rest of us play the game.
I'd be fine with that for /tg/. They're found of removing shit because "le ebin bad valid hunter abuse it".

But this is 8ch. We keep vigil and patrol our own comunities. If you hear "Arrivals announcement: Sephiroth the Dragon Killer has joined the station has a Security Officer" you grab a goddamn weapon and blow his dumb head all over the Primary Hallway.

But just to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with either stituation since either have their advantage. I prefer permament names, but I'll happily play with random one's too.

it's less so an excuse and more simpler for admins to deal with when they're on

see if you're playing different characters on every shift then sure it would be a loss but that kinda thing does not happen due to afew reasons

on another note, I've an issue, do I make a this Worcestershire sauce in a higher amount of pixels? or should I keep it how it is in the same line vain as the other condiments?

Same aesthetic as the other sauce bottles, we want it to blend in.

Admins see CKeys, not player names. Not really an argument. It actually makes their job harder since people don't report "Dildo Faggins is griefing me!", they report "Bartender is griefing me!" as your job becomes your identity with random names, forcing the admins to check who was playing that role.

??? This would be a loss if you wanted to play a specific character for multiple reasons too.
And it does happen quite often, many people like to develop a personna and be known for it like that "Fire Safety!" clown.

I don't think you understand what validhunting means.

A good tip: items usually take 32x32 pixels.
Work like that because if you try to downsize sprites to fit in-game, it looks terrible.
Might be 64x64, or maybe that's just for humans, I honestly don't remember.

that's usually what I go for

how do you know what people report?

well if you're only playing one character for a long time then that's being some OC shitter but if it's a different for each shift then that's not being an oc shitter, the fire safety clown is an example of that as he only plays that character once in awhile rather then all the fucking time

I know how do to this

Speaking of, when are you gonna start up an Holla Forums vorestation? Don't think we forgot about that poll.

By reading the Common Channel and realizing that that's how people refer to each other most of the time.

Honestly, this is what upsets me the most with Random Names, since they are random, they lose all value and you instead become your role to everyone else. Nobody is gonna type your random name when they can just say "the medic" or "the engy" and it's even easier to say "the blonde engy" then to remenber and type your name.
This in turn fucks up any actual roleplaying as you're never an actual character, you are the job you signed up for.

I like to play an engineer\medic\roboticist known for being reliable and discreet. It's not inspired in any other character in any game\movie\book. I just like people knowing me by name and knowing beforehand I can be trusted and counted on to fix shit, including themselves and not make a fuss over breaking the rules.
I also like to play a Nun that doesn't preach much but likes to hear the woes of the station and distribute food to everyone hungry, especially prisoners.

I can't do that in this server because I'm just an engineer (so I'm nowhere to be seen after 10 minutes) or just a medic (so I'm ERPing in the dorms because I don't understand medicine at all) or just the roboticist (so I'm a powergamer that has emagged all robots and AIs, instead of making usefull gadjects for the station)

This might come as a shock to some people but a few players like permanent names because they actually want to build a positive reputation with their characters (and a negative one with others, I liked being a Lizard janitor that kept stealing shit)

that's down to that person being a bad roleplayer rather then anything, nothing about the name which does it that and the nature of shifts I suppose

you realize that the players don't honestly care about rep and will be paranoid schizos regardless right?

I dream of spessmen.

This is all patently false considering the only reason to need for a name to RP is to be a speshul snowflake, exactly like you are with your "Nun" who probably is only "giving food to prisoners" to break out his buddies out of permabrig for shitting up everything. As i have seen a thousand times in TG with metabuddies piling up in brig to lynch any officer that arrests anyone from their circlejerk that happened to break into the Captain's Quarters or did worse, to the point nobody wants to play Security in there unless it's a nukeops round.

Also "positive reputations" is codeword for circlejerk and metafriending. The only good rep you can get here is by actual good actions such as actually doing your job and helping people, rather than having a recognizable and easily lynchable name. If you can't help people and do your job competently without a name to have metafriends with, you don't know how to do shit. You don't need a name to RP a drunken russian or a sumissive janitor, it's all up to your imagination and actions through the round, not your shitty fursona nick.

Though, random appareances is truly shitty, you never know when you're gonna roll a sheboon with problem hair with that shit. It would be wise to turn that off at the very least.

To be fair, it is pretty immersion-breaking to have your name legally changed every shift.

you're not playing the same person every shift though

Easy there bub. That's a lot of suspicion for someon talking to you in friendly terms.
That does happen from time to time (why do you think we can hide things inside breadrolls?) but for it happen, there better be a good in-game RP reason for it (follower of the faith unjustly arrested for instance).
Usually speaking, a traitor is a traitor and save for some very rare occasions, he stays in the brig, friend or not. I've left my brother there, rules are rules.

I can see your point though, since while some of us might be trustworthy, some might not.
In any case, I'd rather have fixed names for shenanigans more than reputations.
It's like the OOC channel: if people start being too much dicks with it, it gets disabled, same for fixed names I think.
Disabling things BEFORE they go wrong will always leave us wondering how it might have went. And honestly, the few times 8ch servers tried it, everything went well.

Get on and play space jews, you earth niggers.

Point taken.
This whole "Should fix names be allowed" discussion reminds me of the time I tried making a byond game. I basically had two different kinds of players: Generics and Uniques. Uniques had better overall stats than generics, and they could actually select their names, and gained stat increases for greentexts, but the downside was that they were permadeath.

not really since in your case there's something more for just selecting your name

Not really what? I just said it reminded me of it.

yeah I know

There's a flaw there: time.
Time and time again the "generics" will clash against the "uniques". All the "generics" need is one lucky chance and end it for the unique. The uniques have something to lose, the generics, not really.
See: DayZ. Pretty much the same problem on a smaller scale.

I think he already knows the troubles, hence why it reminded him of this none-problem

I know. I just felt like talking about videogames.

fucking lewd

HOY
Aparently, /nt/ has been reclaimed for SS13.
Go there and post slime girls.

Why is there literally nothing in lavaland
Is it something that has to be set up first, or is it like a self-fulfilling prophecy where a few loud voices said it's worse than the asteroid, so you remove everything that makes it better than the asteroid

you've got to find it

I don't know if you realized that you just said something that doesn't make sense

Lavaland has around as much stuff to find as the asteroid, but most of it is either guarded by Megafauna (which are basically 15000 hp monsters that instakill you) or are mostly shit.

So yeah, there's a reason why many people just outright hate it, asides from the speed up goliath tentacles, legions dealing triple the damage of what hivelords used to and lava itself as a hazard.

No, I've combed the entire place as a ghost, for several rounds
There is legitimately nothing other than the mining base, tendrils and hostile mobs, and rock
The asteroid at least had a few bases and maybe a ruin or two on it

I don't know if you've played on tg, but there's supposed to be actual structures that spawn there
Not all of them are good, but they're something

sense is for the weak tbh laddy

does vg have the good slimegirls in it or just the shitty basic non-splitting ones

/vg/ has some neat things

/vg/ doesn't have any of the recent slime updates at all
If you're looking for a codebase that does that, /vg/ isn't it, they only add whatever their retarded coders can come up with, and what their coders can come up with currently includes such fantastic gems of game design as removing all of mining and the mining z-level and replacing them with automated drones that bring back ores on a cooldown

Something must be missing in our code or not enabled then. Or TG simply deleted everything again like they usually do when they deem that players abused it "too much" read: anyone from outside the admin circlejerk using it at all.

How can I be a drunken Russian with a name like Abdul MacDonald

the one nice thing they have is their space is parallel

In that case, the "ruins" generator is broken.
Might be because of the base map file not being configured correctly. That's pretty much a small tweak though. I'll go miner and double check if that's the case.

You know those minerals you collect? Toss'em to science, have them make overpowered equipment for you and then you can shutdown those mobs easy peasy.

The upgrades you can get to your mining gun make it overpowered as shit

Yeah. But can you see and shoot xeno's through SOLID ROCK?
Thought so. Science wins again.

Downloaded it straight from the git, ruin spawning works right out of the box after compiling
Someone fucked something up

Even with the overpowered PKA with 3 damage upgrades that makes it deal around 120 damage per hit, you still need around fifty hits into a mob that can move faster than you if you are hurt and can hit you very easily as most of them have AoE or under-the-floor targetted spells that would rival a Diablo 2 Boss for their bullshit.

It's not really balanced and it's meant to kill anyone who isn't prepared or has a shit connection to the server. The fact that much of the gear and loot on lavaland is only avaible if you actually manage to kill them (such as is the case of Drake armor and the Hierophant's Staff) is just jarring, considering the Asteroid had abandoned rooms, a fully fledged ruined alien research station and hidden gear and stuff all around it. Now you need to kill Tendrils for chests and deal with retarded supermobs to get anything out of it, it's shit.

Shit connection is a valid point, but I've seen completely unarmed people in heavy armor kite the ash drake alone for pretty long periods of time, and that's the only one that has any real loot

And if argonian tribes armed with nothing but standard spears and a few healing items can take out tendrils, so can people with armor and guns

hopefully we'll get our own code over this new /tg/ shit soon enough

They are now, since it's TGlatest, which is complete utter garbage.

That is a shame to hear. Being a semi-competent doctor back in the day was my greatest achievement.

hate will be great again and I'm hoping it gets cp code in there too

Nothing is really all that different
If you were competent before there shouldn't be that much to get used to

code it

ur

a

self

Alternate station
byond://74.91.121.114:7777

BIG SLICE?

pool confirmed

I'm not saying they're actually doing that, I'm just saying that's legitimately an idea their coders seriously considered doing before everyone predictably got mad

Ayee! That's the pool I coded!
Is it still usefull for mass explosions/acid traps?

it was removed on cpstation

Bummer. Made my job as a doctor a lot easier when you slap a healing pool in the medbay entrance.

Why?

it's because game modes haven't been changed from /tg/

Because the easiest way to trigger the powergamers is to make them have to behave.

I think we need to write up a list of things which need to get done on the server

If you actually though this, we could replace names with strings of numbers for the same effect. But we don't because names are part of your character, only one that you can't choose.
Having names random and chosen for you makes as much sense as a prompt at the begging of the round saying "your character is a friendlty drunkard, roleplay being friendly and drinking lots of beer".

You can hide items inside food that pop out when you eat them
I've actually never done that, though. I just enjoy the chalenge of being an honest good soul in a station full of paranoid sociopaths.

No, it's not. You can generalize, exagerate and strawman every view point you don't agree with, doesn't prove you right anyway.

And it's lost at the end of the round, so it doesn't count or have any long value, meaning players will stop caring about it. A lot of players do much more griefing and act like assholes more often when they know nobody will recognize them the next round.

I can do most jobs in the station flawlessly, but it helps when people know that and actually let me do them instead of assuming I'm as incompetent as everyone else and break into my workplace to do it themselves (and fail at it).

Stop you right there, quick example:
Have you ever seen a thread here on Holla Forums with anonymous people roleplaying and would you say it it's a good case of RP?
Because the closest we can get to that is 4AM threads and Steam Friend Threads with tripfags but unless you have a name, your character is "The Bartender" or "The Captain" and everyone else playing your role next rounds will also be your character.

You'd have a point if rounds took hours or even days and you could develop a reputation with your actions that lasted for a significant amount of time, but a game where rounds last only 1 hour for most cases, means you'll have little time to build a reputation and even little to enjoy it, making it meaningless so why even bother and not be a shitter instead?

it seems like you get disconnected when you go afk for more then ten minutes

I have the perfect argument in favour of fixed names: ANNIE.
I wanna bully that medbot again.

then bully that medborg!

At some point, that player stopped using that name because everyone was getting extra lewd with it.
Then he was forced to pick the name again because everyone else was picking it and bismirching it's good reputation as a dick-sucking whore-bot
There was even a Dakimakura Sprite for Annie.

I saw

Annie was a fucking legend.

I agree. I would actually like to know what is planned for the future since I'm new to these threads, and I appreciate knowing what to expect. All I know so far is a new station is being built (maybe) and we're using /tg/'s shitty leftovers that don't suit our needs very well.

if it's anything like cp then there's nothing actually planned and you're get what you're given but all the same I'd like some kinda talk about what people should work towards

Is there any screen caps of it?

Nah, I never screencap SS13. I would like some SCed greentext stories if people have them though.

From what I have seen a new map is actively being developed by T-Wiz I think and there is a public github for it. If Gitgud is active on the thread he can confirm and link since I didn't bookmark the link he posted in game.

I know t-wiz is working on that but the real issue is the code base, since we actually don't got a coder what so ever

Because there are less than a fucking dozen of people who know how to that arnt absolute shit. If people want new stuff they need to start learning how to make it.

the circle of pain

Yes it is.

Fuck my nigger hands.

There's an issue here. The majority of players who enjoy Hate, enjoy it for the faults and errors. Introducing the new codebase forces players to learn new shit that'll be replaced in upcoming updates Hue. This will fail just like the last attempt.

The best way to solve this would be to host a server with Hatestation's current code, and give us a regular update about Hatestation's new code.

Somebody shop Mike Staslaka's head on the image.

Why?
More importantly, why can't we gas the jew once and for all? I mean, atmos is there for a reason.

How? I don't even play this game or read this general. Hell I only found this while browsing the front page

tell your volunteers to stop being abusing rule 8 so much

Mark, you can try and feign ignorance, but I've got logs proving its you.
You used to play under the ckey MarkM447, but you've since abandoned that ckey unless you're in trouble.

Proofs: a.pomf.cat/vspqvo.htm

He was probably bribed with cake

So i was right RR11 was mark, huh neat
guess the servers dead then
serria come home gitguds worse than i remember

Shitters who haven't played since Pizzastation.
Him and TwinSuns have played for months with us.
And when Mark bothered to play, they were both on aswell.

I need the ss13 version of the first pic, also does the serb have more than 2 people yet?

six on now

If we're on /tg/'s code, why not use Ministation to fit our smaller population? Is there problems with it?

dream is smaller then meta and mini is awful

Ministation is ten grams of garbage.

Ministation does need to be fixed.

Ministation does need to be fixed.

I don't know where the fuck sierra went but I put my server back up in the meantime if you actually want an altstation. see

Don't jews conclude with each other?

are you retarded or something?

also what the fuck is a ckey?

Your Byond username.

a what?

nigga I don't even play this game. who the fuck are you people?

You're setting yourself up as nobody is gonna believe you. But assuming you're not MarkM447 (you're missing out nigga, join up)…

A Ckey is the username that players use in BYOND, the shitty program you gotta use to connect to the game. Think of it as Steam and SS13 as Dota.

Also, don't mind the shitters, it's bullshit. RR11 is confirmed not to be you as he had a special situation going with TwinSun, another player. It's just the usual fags trying to stir up drama wherever they can.

oh that suddenly makes more sense, however I am NOT the MarkM447 in SS13 considering I never even played SS13 in the first place. Besides anyone can steal a username just to start shit. How do you think you learned of the name in the first place?

Nigga I ain't reading 500 lines of text to find out the "proof".
Cut the part you claim proves anything.
Because I'm willing to agree with
and you just want to start drama out of nothing.

Do you guys have borers now? I went off to tgstation for a bit because of the more players aspect,and they just added borers.

Added as in "normal gameplay spawns them" or is it still just admin spawn?

pastebin.com/FNgYH23a

Last time I looked it was admin spawned.

well we're currently using latest /tg/ code so we should

they're special spawns

Missed you.

Well, how about it like this:
When the game decides to spawn Xeno's, it's a 50/50 chance of spawning borers instead.

Xenos are already rare enough. It should just be a random unannounced event for ghosted players who have it enables in prefs.

notice the only one to drop off the name list is RR11 who gets replaced by mark and the new captain just happens to know where jayce is and attacks him

I actually know RR11 (added him on steam after a few fun rounds with him) and I've talked to him on steam. I've also played with Mark and I can tell you the two are different people.

I highly doubt that Mark, being the lazy jew that he is, would waste the time to manage two steam accounts, two personas, and play the game on two accounts to lead a double online life.

Now notice that anyone can make an account with whatever name they want and the only tie you have to Mark, the moderator is just wishfull thinking on your part.
Notice as well that there have been many more players that used to do similar shit like that (relog with a different account to avenge their previous character) and trying to pin it on someone you don't even know plays SS13 is retarded.

Notice too how you're trying to bring outside IDs into the game, ID's beyond CKeys even. For a station started by Anonymous faggots that care so much about distancing players from their characters we even have random names and appearances. Please consider that maybe you don't fit here and you should probably try TG where players spend half the rounds investigating what's each admins character.

Finnaly, please notice that regardless of what that faggot did (and this in no way justifies his behaviour) you still meta-griefed someone because you thought he was someone else. That should warrant a tempban for you at the very least before the rest of that shitstorm even started and it's because of shitty players like you that we don't have nor are gonna have sexchange operations again, because of the massive drama you force on the server for a shitty unfun joke that's Turbotracker-tier with how often it has been done.

If anyone wants to host a real server with decent code hmu @ [email protected]/* */

someones on the defensive arnt you mark

he's done nothing but set up the server and it's been on for afew days now

I wonder how long that will last

Where did he touch you?

defensive?
I'm laughing at you. Mark played a few rounds with us 2 or 3 months ago. HE was notoryous for being unrobust as fuck. If he managed to kill you TWICE then you're a sad sack shit who should go play colonial marines.

Also Mark, if you're reading this, when you don't know how to work with something on the ship, either read the wiki or ask someone in OOC. Don't just break shit at random.

Probably not too long. He seems like someone that gives no fucks about other people, likely actual autist.
I give him one month because I'm naive like that.

I haven't played in 2-3 months or so.
Is spessmen fun again yet?

you too

duuuurrrr
Also, what you're not showing us is the timeframe. For all I know, all those 4 pics might have happened over the course of 4 hours. So it's no wonder Mark stopped playing. I get burnt after 2.
All I see is an autist hanging in deadchat for a couple of hours, typing "who" furyously every 5 minutes waiting to see who logs in or logs out.
And that is after giving a sec officer a forced sex-change because you assumed he was Mark with no prior evidence.

Until he actually does something banworthy. Existing doesn't count.

soon(tm)

you mean like everyone else on the Holla Forums? go figure strangers don't care about strangers

There are a few people here that care about the site and enjoy making it a comfy place for everyone else. Your lack of faith is very understandable but don't lose hope, user.

But they care about the place they go for fun. If you go to a bar, you're not supposed to love and care about every other person at the balcon, but you care enough about the bar that you won't start fights, spit on the ground and skip on the bill because you like the bar and you want to come back the next day for another beer.

It's the same thing both for Holla Forums and any SS13 server, you never try to make it a good and fun place for the sake of other people (you could but nobody expects that from anyone else) you do it because if we all do our part, it becomes this super nice comfy place where you feel welcome and find many friendly faces that understand you and you can have fun with them. Fundamentally, you do it for yourself but in a non-zero-sum way where everyone else also benefits from it.

Or, well, you know… You can always be a cunt and have fun at the expense of everyone else. They don't care about you so why should you care about them, right?
That's why someone went to the trouble of hosting the game, right? Because he doesn't care about anyone else?

Chaosyourgod seems like the kind of person that will do stupid shit he finds fun in spite of anyone else not apreciating it as long as he can find some dubious reasoning to explain it in his head. These kind of players never last long, they end up doing something that goes over the line and gets the ban or they just become hated by so many people that if an admin gives him the banhammer for a minor offense, everyone else will cheer. Just let shitters be shit while they can, this shit sorts itself out like a good ole Darwinian award.

what kinda shit does chaosyourgod do then?

thanks

Personnaly, I've seen a round where he, a detective, went around fucking around dressed in a monkey suit.
All fun and games, nothing wrong there.

But it got out of hand fast with several people that got mad enough they wanted to kill him.
Personnaly, I saw him breaking into ATMOS and opening a canister of N2O, flooding the station. Keep him mind, detectives are loyalty implant and he wasn't an antag.
At the time, the monkey suit tricked me and I though he actually was a monkey so I tried to kill him but got robusted because the Detective obviously has a Surgical Drill on him (Monkeys only have 50 health, I though I had the upperhand but I guess powergamers gonna powergame)

Other people had a beef with him too, something he did that made other people upset to the point that, after being cloned, I found his body on the corridors.
I might say that he was the one that dragged my body to Medbay after killing me which might be a nice gesture on his part. Or he thinks it will incur less wrath from admins if he does that when murdering people as a non-antag so it was just him covering his ass.

Whatever the case, at the end of the round he justified his behaviour with "it's just a test server", despite the fact that, while the codebase will soon drastically change, the admins, the players, the rules and the playstyle won't.
He's not the first idiot that tries to rationalize his shitty actions instead of owning up to them and I honestly doubt he will last long if he keeps that shit up.

that wasn't me, I do forget who it was though, I did was watch it though and found it funny as fuck

the rules are copied from /tg/ with the code base though which do need to be changed for our needs

What's the song in the video?

thanks m8
and checked

Yo its ya boi sierra, what you need fam

do you think we could get jojo poses to be a thing other then just flavor text?

But when

Do you seriously think you can fit a JoJo pose into that tiny li'l sprite? If you think it's possible, you're more than welcome to try.

I'm sure I could but I'm not going to change every bit of clothing to fit those poses

Exactly.

what could work though is if I make jojo clothes which allow people to pose

Ratvar is overpowered for a competent team.

The one thing that sets them back is their victory objective. It takes a whole five minutes for the portal to summon Ratvar, and in that time, the crew and/or cult could destroy the portal.

you have to research all that shit though don't you?

speaking of cultists though I'd personally like to see some kinda silent hill deal where parts of the station get turned into a hell world that you need to solve puzzles to get out of

That is not a very good argument, though. TG coders think it is and that's why they always get massive headaches in the future.

Cultists had to research their words and rituals too in the past and this was considered to be something that takes 15 minutes to happen, with another 15 for general round start and dicking around, you'd be ready to start proper cult at the 30 minute mark on average. 15 minutes of full cult and by the 45 minutes, your objectives are mostly done and the crew knows about you but if you played your rituals right, it doesn't matter anymore.

However, what happens is that half the playerbase is too retarded for teamwork or to handle basic spells, which leads to 2 undesirable results:
1 - The player wastes too much time researching things and it only starts actual cultist shit by the 45 minute mark at best. Boring round for everyone else.
2 - The player doesn't even bother with that and treats Cult as Rev except you can't convert people with flashes. He speeds up the cult stuff to just 15 minutes resulting in unscheduled chaos for the rest of the station and revealing the cult too soon.

If you think this is a broken system, it gets better. The other half is far more competent than they should be and they can do research in 5 minutes tops while avoiding other distractions. So instead of starting cultist shit at the 30 minute mark, expect them to have their objective done in 15 minutes instead. They will be playing with overpowered shit against a crew that hasn't had time to prepare and they'll be doing it alone as they don't trust anyone else to assit, so expect them to convert only at the end and give books to no one. Boring game for everyone too except for them.

The word research TG has done, like most other features they and Goons have ever done are based on the idea that a player will take a certain amount of time to unlock it, giving the station and other players time to prepare. However, lots of players break that prediction both forwards and backwards leading to terrible matches where cult doesn't use any magic or where you get Nar-Sie'ed in 15 minutes.

RNG and burden of knowledge are NOT good mechanics to balance gameplay. It's literally throwing away balance to a dice roll and fucking over new players while veterans get to be unfun unbalanced assholes.
Same thing for Genetics, Telescience, Slimes and even Botany.

god you're not wrong what so ever there.

why don't they just make it so that the cultist have to build up a energy force via praying and sacrificing inorder to be able to even start researching shit as a somewhat means to buffer it?

The keyword here is Had. Nowadays cultists in TG get their words auto-translated into their books depending on how many they converted with a bonus for sacrificing Security Officers or Implanted crew. Which leads to cultists just sticking two braindead dudes near a rune in the middle of the hallway or in maint and stunprodding+converting/saccing anyone that comes near for ez gg before Toxins blows everything up.

The worst thing is that Ratvar follows on the same kind of shit, but worse. They can unlock scripture depending on how many crew or cyborgs they converted, but they can't use certain spells/scriptures without having certain materials. They can only obtain those materials by either basebuilding (very inefficient) or by giving EVERY SINGLE CULTIST a slab/tablet/book thingy along with an universal cache that lets them transfer all their materials to everyone instantly, trivializing the point of material resources themselves since slabs can be spawned from roundstart as it is an initial scripture and costs no resources.
However, most scriptures that actually damage or let you spawn things, do NOT require materials. Only base-building stuff like turrets, caches, tinkdemons, mania motors and power symphoners do, they can literally spawn a thousand irremovable stealth convert/stun slabs in maintenance with little effort other than the respective cooldown for building them.

jesusessesesesesesese christu

When cult was first introduced, you got a book and a talisman with 3 uses for basic stuff at the beginning of the round.
This was a mandatory Stun Talisman for your first convert and a Communication Talisman to give your rune to everyone else and communicate.
But a lot of people forgo the comm rune and teamplay so they had to make your book act as that talisman instead. And even with free communication, that still fixed nothing. Even with free runes, it still fixed nothing, all because new converts are a liability that will blow your cover more often than not and most runes have convuluted uses that most powergamers can replace with any other part of the game. Why bother with teleportation runes when you can steal the hand held and use it instead?

I've only played in two cult rounds on tg since the changes, and even though people actually make bases and do shit in secret now, they're still generally so retarded that the cult gets wiped the second someone finds out where they are. The changes are for the best
And really, it's not a huge loss anyway, it was never very interesting or "magical", it was just a bunch of slightly obtuse busywork, only marginally better than R&D """research""", and only because you'd get a couple guaranteed good rewards instead of large lists of locked boxes

They also finally put in those cult structures whose sprites have been sitting around forever, even though their uses are similarly lobotomized

did /tg/ remove predators?

GITGUD PLEASE TURN THIS SHIT OFF
THIS SERVER IS FUCKING SHIT, FIX THE STUPID SHIT
I CAN'T CHOOSE A COMMAND POSITION BEFORE A ROUND STARTS AS IT TAGS ME AS NON-HUMAN EVEN THOUGH IM A FUCKING HUMAN.
GITGUD THIS SERVER IS SHIT AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR TRUSTING THIS FAGGOT A SECOND TIME.

And nothing is ever going to change because Gitgud is a powertripping autist who goes full on "DE GOYIM MUST LEARN TO LOVE IT" whenever confronted with critism

no, nothing is ever going to change because we've got no coders, gitgud isn't holding back shit currently, there's nothing to hold back, all he's done is get /tg/ current code and slap it on a server to test the server and that's about it

I actually told you all to give it a few days while we deal with the realities of a publicly listed status.

Poll's up, vote on whether we want to keep spess anonymity.

strawpoll.me/11668770

Also I really don't see the problem with a diverse Nanotrasen staff. It's [FUTURE YEAR], you intolerant space bigot.

Jesus fuck I almost want to kick CPstation back up.

Welcome to the super cool ultimatum time. Gitgud you have until the end of this month to make hatestation great again. Should you fail I will kick CPstation back online.

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/merge_requests/1

*REE is returning

Please disable forced random appearances.

I can say that atmospherics is all over the place with consistency. Put a burning mix in a pipe and it'll take forever to heat up. Put that in a canister and it burns away and heats up super fast. If the canister is connected to a connector then it'll heat up at the same rate as a pipe. In plasma tank bomb making it takes time for it to detonate now. There's also the problem of how you don't get pure plasma to make it and instead get a plasma and nitrogen mix.

I don't see how three stations with no coders solves anything. Especially when things are just starting to be OK on Hate.

I like this meme.

that's /tg/ code shittery and we all agree that it doesn't serve our needs well

Dispite the fact I have been working on improving ZAS like an absolute madman.

I mean, you could also work with us y'know.

I would rather add spiderfags spiders.

I'd like to add that for some reason now analyzers don't report the gasses in pipes or canister.

you know you wanna~

what trash

The only reason, I would work on nu/tg/, is to fix negative atmos pressure
Which even /tg/ themselves cannot fix
M-maybe I will teach you someday

It's no good lad. Fix your pull request and make sure all the prerequisite files are there.

hey if you're willing to teach I'd be willing to learn

Homies on right now join up for spessmens

I have taught only one person how to do it.
Skelus is still to this day trying to learn how to do it.

For reference; -1kpa is real bad for how byond calculates things and as such makes it around 1x10e99 last time I checked. I also played a game with it called. Put it in a canister and watch as it bypasses pressure regulation code and moves at an astonishing 10000~kpa a second. IN PIPES.

By the way, it'd be excellent for you guys to make and discuss the various issues in the current codebase and figure out a roadmap of the features and functionality you want to see. Please remember that the issues page is the most visible way to get across your concerns and desires to the staff.

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation-2016/issues

I'd probably be the same then

is people even playing on alt what so ever?

I wouldn't mind he random appearances so much if it wasn't for the fact I can spawn with neon-colored girl hair as a man.

METEORS HAVE BEEN DETECTED ON COLLISION COURSE WITH THE STATION

vocaroo.com/i/s1WmKJ3v19Vv

I had this idea once about the Cultists actually having to build a temple and infrastructure for the Cult that unlocks their abilities.

A cult would start only with a book and the procedures to beginning building an altar, a piece of furniture that would need some exotic materials depending on your deity and would need to be placed somewhere secluded.
As soon as the altar is built (and only one can be completed) every cultist gets a Spells Tab with some minor spells to use just like the Wizard that consume mana.
However, the mana is a common pool on the altar that all cultists share. Your casts might fuck with another cultist so team work is required

Their power progression would come from further building their base. A Red Pylon built near the Altar (line of sight needed) would increase the number of spells they get and is a requisite for advanced rituals, as well as increasing the regen of their mana. This pylon requires several materials to be built one of each is a human heart with a soul inside that you can only get from sacrificing a living human.
However, the amount of mana each cultist has actually grows with the number of cultists present (adjusted for current playerbase maybe) as they act like mana batteries for the cult.

This way, you have an incentive to sacrifice people (expand your knowledge, faster mana regen) but as well to convert people (bigger mana pool, more cultists to work with) and a good cult would balance both while expanding their base, while also giving the crew a way to fight back by cutting their source of power.

To help with teamplay, you could have Rituals that are essentially the runes we have now, multiple cultists around one to create a permanent effect in the world. From making equipment appear to passive bonus like extra life for all cultists, if these rituals took serious Pylons to build, they'd be very usefull weaponry that is easy to get but needs you to actually do cultist shit instead of a convuluted system that doesn't offer a substancial advantaje to make it worth it.
Plus, if Rituals and Constructs need at least a few Pylons to work, then you'd be garanteed there's a dead player ready to be turned into a collossus.

The gameplay could do away completely with RNG and merely say "You can do these Spells\Rituals\Constructs with these many Red Pylons" so it'd be simpler to do your role as a cultist, less frustrating, more powerfull and yet still require skill and engaging with the server, instead of furiously masturbating in maintenance with your own blood and a medbot.

What is this "tried and true 8station code" meme?
Everyone kept complaining all the damn time over Koriath Kode breaking the entire game somehow, that Meeseeks were stupid, Pools were buggy and Chem Replicator was exploitable and that somehow things he didn't even touched were broken as well because of that.
I distinctively remenber that everyone kept bitching so hard about how unstable the code supposely was that Gitgud actually caved in and changed it to /tg/ upstream and everyone spammed the thread about how glad they were to not have to do with the previous shit code.

Sounds a lot like what you want is whatever isn't on now, so I'm sorry to tell you but you're condemmed to never be happy.
Also, the codebase doesn't matter, the coders do since they shape it afterwards. If you care this much about the origin of the code than be ashamed because we've all been playing on gooncode, the original but not the very original :^) code.

It's only fitting as you can spawn as a girl as well despite picking your gender as male.
Yes, your gender is randomized as well so enjoy having to come up with a new OC character every round that might not even be your own gender. This is what roleplaying is all about, right?

How retarded can you truly be?
Oh you're just a faggot who doesn't belong here, nevermind.

If you weren't here when all that happened and all you know is that there was a Pizzastation and an Hatestation, maybe refrain from posting.

I meant specifically the time when Hatestation changed from it's code to TG upstream, about a year or more ago and the coders agreed to port the unique features from hatecode into it.
but they didn't do a damn thing because procrastination goes with coding as sugar goes with coffee
During that time, the threads were nothing but spam about how bad Hatecode is and after the change about how amazing the lavaland is compared to mining.
Name one feature from "grorious hatestation code" you actually miss and why.

That's not entirely true. Basebuilding is a cakewalk if you get your first five cultists because you can make scarabs and soul vessels. Soul vessel works like a posibrain in that you can activate in in hand to attract a ghost, and like a soul stone in that you can tap a dead body to capture spirit, provided they havent fucked off. Scarabs do it for free, and they HAVE to obey you. So micromanage a scarab to do walls and floors for you and save your resources for tinker's caches. Yes, those get more expensive the more you have, but putting one next to a clockwork wall makes them gib a resource every 90 seconds. Get about 20 of those and you will not have as much of a shortage problem.

Clarification, if some one leaves their body after death but is still a ghost, you can still capture their soul.

tg code purposefully slows down its atmos calculations to such a degree as to make atmos useless. They did this in a hamfisted attempt to slow the making of toxins bombs to 20-30+ minutes. Also the machinery UI is a buggy piece of shit that only works well if you're into keeping internet explorer updated. Mining is about the only thing that is worth it from tg code, so I would rather we stuck with the older codebase and just ported that over.

lol

That's not the reason atmos is that slow. That's due to the lagfix they used for the game.
You have a fuckton of procs the game has to run every tick, with a very large number of them being about ATMOS. So someone decided that instead of demanding all procs be called before the tick is over, he instead gives a max-time to every tick. If the server is in the middle of something and reaches that time, it stops and picks up where it left off the next tick.
This is why the lag was "fixed", because of time dilatation for the code. What the server understands as one tick is actually several for you, but this in turn can mean that ATMOS and any other process (depending on priority) can take a bit longer to process as there's just too many things to do.
But it does not happen that frequently at all, mostly only when bombs or singularities are around.

I still use Windows 7 in the current year and I never boot up Internet Explorer. All I do "special" is keep Windows Updates warning me if there's anything new so I can pick it and download it.
I never had any problem with any UI in any server ever. Unless you guys are running Windows 2000 or something older, I honestly have no idea how you can have problems with this when I never had to "update Internet Explorer". Most likely it's NetFramework or some Visual Code thingamaging than actual Internet Explorer.

Regardless of that, some people like the new UI. Going through the ATMOS alarms to flip buttons is much better as the view doesn't scroll up when you press a button and you get instant feedback when something happens, instead of having to wait and see if your input actually went through. It looks nice and feels nice for everyone else. Maybe it doesn't work for you, but it's pretty selfish to demand everyone to conform to a worse UI just because your PC is compatible with the new one.

Yeah, you just want to stir shit, I'm done with you and I hope everyone else is too.

Fine. I miss quick atmos calculations, a central part of the game that affects several jobs. I also miss stations starting with singulo, not this visually impressive but mechanically boring telsa shit.

Any other code with the lagfix update has atmos running at easily five times the speed.
I'm a very serious atmos and science autist and had tested this out the last time an Holla Forums server ran new tg code, but things may have changed.

Like atmos and toxins, both jobs which are practically antag only
Being frustrating at best and round ending at worst isn't good, the only reason it's a "core" part of the game is because that's what the entirety of the "game" used to be before all the actual stuff that people cared about sprang up around it

This is the average TG autist, one who can only see destructiveness and powergaming to his enviroment and not creativity.

Except most of the things you listed are just being able to clean up the aftermath of antag atmos shenanigans
Being able to fix things it breaks in the first place isn't a good reason to exist
Even goon has more fun mechanics surrounding this shit, and they removed atmos

YOUR AUTISM IS WEAK

Not as retarded as
Basically– fuck repairing, why have engineers if a single hullbreach just REQUIRES a shuttle call to fix? May as well ax MoMMIs, drones. Hell the entirety of the Medical department may as well be axed, why heal people? Just replace it all with an autocloner at roundstart that imprints everyone!

Again, this is the mentality of TG powergamers. Even if you aren't one, you're acting like one.

Again, goon does most of that shit better, without atmos
And yes, some shit that people who care enough about it can do in one out of one hundred rounds isn't core to the game
The real core of the game is power and construction

The point is that you're dumbing the game down to appeal to WHO KNOWS WHO (read: the """robust""" clique) because the game IS autism in space. As physics, science and atmospheric shenanigans mix up to fuck shit up or unfuck it, catastrophically like bombs or seemingly unnoticeable just like the air you're breathing RIGHT NOW in this Earth i shouldn't be sharing with you.

Notice i'm not calling you a goon, because TG is already goons, they've been doing the same shit goon has been doing for the past five years.

Construction in space also REQUIRES Atmospherics simulation, or else what the fuck are you breathing in a room? Space dust? You are the one that doesn't get the underlying core of the game.

You don't need a full on atmospherics simulation to provide oxygen for people to breathe
God, this is just like busta whining about "muh hardcores" on /vg/ years ago until they implemented bay's slam-you-into-the-wall atmos, which just made everything laggy and every action involving airlocks needlessly annoying

Atmos is an important part of the game. It's half of what forces people to prepare in case they need to go through outer space to get around obstacles, but it is also the most overused form of sabotage, as well as (and because of) taking an outrageous amount of time and autism to fix.

Solve the latter problem, and maybe it won't be such a big deal.

The issue with Atmos, there's not enough that can be done that isn't setting up the Atmos room to be super efficient. Then maybe filling the air tanks around maint, setting the air alarms to filter bad shit. I guess you can make supermatter engines but really what's the point when there's never a struggle for electricity since any of the engines produces more than enough.

We need more meme gases like Water Vapor and Freon, we also need a testing room in Atmos that gets its air from a line off the mix pipes. I always wanted to see what a >80% oxygen environment acts like.

Thing is though, most people aren't going to put that much effort into the station, most rounds end in 20-40 minutes and most normal crew will gladly shit up the station.

I keep saying this, but I will refer back to goon again
They may be massive faggots that can't code for shit and care more about shit memes and killing players than fun, but they're also the one codebase that seems to care the most about doing space things in space, and they don't have any of these problems
They even had their secondary server set up for months to run a gamemode without a station at all, making the players build one from scratch, before realizing how horrible an idea that was

The only reason people even use supermatter is because the only other reasonable option to generate power is the sing, which just happens to be the only thing on the station that is more dangerous, boring, and abusable, and despite several attempts still somehow has not been replaced

Thermo generator which got removed in TG code it looks like

If the game simulates a pure oxygen environment then it'd have to be a really low KPA else wise it'd lead to oxygen toxicity.

I know, but I wonder if it's actually flammable.

Doesn't goon have radiant heat? Like if you run their TEG hot enough, things on the station will start bursting into flames?

I don't know why they couldn't make that thing work, I guess nobody cared

I think so, but goon's playerbase is so awful that every round is functionally team deathmatch, so I've never really found out
I know their current map has a big retarded laser that engineering can turn on that runs right through the middle of the station, and I stood a few tiles away from it once and the game thought I was on fire and put me into crit even though the temp meter didn't change

I think that the only issue is sacrifice people to expand your knowledge shouldn't be a thing but everything else there is good somewhat

it was a poll to decide what would happen and vore actually won it but we got /tg/ instead

Starting this up for the first time

What the fuck is this

autism in space

read the wiki

tgstation13.org/wiki/Starter_guide

actually I'll just link this

At least once I need to try and figure it out on my own

That's an admirable way of thinking. But there is no shame in using the wiki for this game, because it's like a pyramid of complicated systems layered on top of each other. So don't feel bad about it if you decide you do need it.

Nigga, you don't understand what you're saying.

I dunno man this character creation is pretty cozy

spess mens is very comfy when everything is right

Everyone's missing the point here about /tg/station.

It's not a comfortable choice to move to something unfamiliar with HateStation 2016, but the reality at the moment is that we have one coder.

Said coder is in seclusion working on ThinStation, and is unreliable for working on anything else at the moment. Nobody else has stepped up to the plate to work with me on the codebase besides RR11, who is extremely inexperienced. To be fair, we've had more interest in people becoming administrators, but two of those people are Sheylos and Turbotracker, whose attitudes about administration and history are incompatible with HateStation moving forward. The other people proficient at maintaining the codebase have not reached out or are unlikely to return.

/tg/station in essence is "having a development team". Even if it's not our own, it can be assumed that we'll get patches for problems and reliable access to new features pulling from upstream. Are some of their gameplay choices stupid? Sure, every codebase has a downside. Is it more reliably patched than 8station? Absolutely.

The 8station codebase is dated. Everyone insists on porting one or several features from /tg/ back into our codebase, but the reality is that the structure of /tg/ has changed drastically enough that in many places it barely resembles what 8station is forked from. Porting the features from /tg/station to Hate would take a considerable amount of time and effort we simply cannot rely on to exist.

Furthermore, a portion of the population wants 8station because they are unwilling to use any supported variant of the Windows Operating System. The war on tgui throughout its history has been "The Fox and the Grapes", and especially now where it has improved greatly from its original form, it seems absurd that we should be held back by the outdated systems of a select few.

For me to be comfortable with 8station, I'd want to be certain that we'd have a group of people willing to update it and invest in its maintenance and upkeep for the long run. The model of having a single coder responsible for the entirety of this task has proven infeasible, each and every single time. This is the prerequisite to any overturn of my decision regarding what's currently running.

hey I stepped up to do sprite work if that counts for something

Spritework is excellent and appreciated, but like I mentioned, the task of keeping up with 8station would require a considerable degree more effort. This is a burden that time and time again we've place on one person, only to see them reach a point where they're unwilling to work further.

Spritework is far easier than coding

Could you at least fix lavaland, which I'm assuming you broke while removing the autistic space hotel and didn't do on purpose

I know if only I knew more

yes it is

I haven't tampered with any of the mining facilities or the Z-Level stuff. I wouldn't know of the problems with Lavaland, I never play mining.

For me I've always found code to be easier than making artwork/spritework

it's all a matter of putting the effort in and knowing how to into art

Neither do I, I just like to play as an argonian
Which I can't since nothing spawns
Which it does on its own without being fucked with right out of the box
So if you didn't touch it then you borked something somehow

for me it's not a case of knowing how to do it it's more of tedium in doing it. Also in the case of code it either works or it doesn't, bugs aside at which that point they're easy to fix unless I can't find that section of code that causes it in which case it just takes time.

krita I mean get krita

I always got on fine, without any dumb "planning"
mspaint is a tool of champions

you can do that but you'd end up with an hours of doodle with a sorta o.k imagine

SS13 is doodles: the game

To be fair, they also added in tons of ghost roles, including not-mommis

n……. actually I suppose you're right

I'd like a list that doesn't include ones that were already there on the other codebase.

What, ghost roles?
You can spawn in as a bunch of different things on lavaland, as well as that retarded space hotel
They're mostly just different flavors of space hobos, but also a few space autists, and they all depend on roundstart random ruin generation for their spawners to show up

So much for needing a wiki

This is fucking FUN

yeah because I'm holding your hand

So, to recap

I got drugged, had all of my limbs surgically removed, a sex change was attempted and failed, I was brought to robotics to give me limbs, I got up and started trying to yell and kill him once I had a robotic leg so he drugged me again, removed my only limb AND MY TONGUE, and I was dragged through the entire rest of the game as a crippled tongueless catboy.

And, as a changeling, I could have regrown limbs and escaped at any time.

That says scarier things about you than the other guy.

I-I didn't know how, though!

you could have also stunned him and everything around you for awhile by screaming at him or stung him with things that can make him go blind, mute, insane or slowly freeze to death, you could have grown armour and a blade and shield out of your arms and destroyed him, you could have turned into a monkey and crawled into a vent or a headslug into a vent

about the only thing you can't do is teleport outright and live from being gib'd or incinerated

at the start of your round it should have told you what you are and if you forget you can always go to the IC tab and clicked on memories

Welcome to Space Station 13.

Be sure to check dat wiki.

Forgot to mention, the engineer wasn't even antag. He was probably some ebin murderboning pubbie.

Went and tested it and if it did oxygen toxicity. Neither of them apply. 100% pure oxygen doesn't burn nor cause ill adverse side effects.

Tested it on altstation code.

Making oxygen toxic at all would probably fuck up a lot of health systems. Not sure if the flammability could be coded, either.

Actually, it can. Old Hate had an outdated form of "hotspots" to generated random flames.
Nu-/tg/ at least handles it diferently. I'll check the code later today. After I'm done coding the slime girls.
Don't get too excited though, they're just gonna follow people, leave goo around and say retarded shit for now.

Sounds accurate to me.

Make them require liquids to grow, any liquid. You know what I mean
If you want to be extra fancy, you can even use the code that sets a beaker's color from what chemicals it has inside and put it in the slime girls so you can color them with whatever chemical you give her.
Should be interesting getting hugs from Green Slime Girls and being burned because they fed on sulphuric acid or unstable mutagen.
Should be less funny when you see a red one going around and realize she has been feeding on blood.

Sounds like a fun thing to do with a ton of tomato juice.

Meanwhile the Barman is in a prime position to create shit-colored brown googirls, as well as white ones if he pumps a ton of his cream into them.

Excelent fucking idea.
I'm currently tinkering with the code to make them "attack" their master and if possible, make them spit chems they have inside of them.
Didn't think of the colour bit, that's nice.

Gonna make them switch master to anyone who hugged them last, because they're kinda dumb like that, and you can subvert a tators plans with lots and lots of hugs.
Also looking into the "berzerk" slimes bit, this should be fun.

>he fills her with booze
Absolutely amazing.

Barman could almost make a rainbow of them if he wanted. He's got coffee, cream and milk, several kinds of booze, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, tomato juice, wine, and so on.

Just imagine googirls' heads getting shoved under his drink dispenser and filled up like Big Gulps.

So, the station is fucked, spawning in anywhere fucks me, is the game fucked?

Am I fucked? Can I be a Katawa Shoujo catboy again, pretty please mister?

How do I get the game to restart? I want to learn.

The game restarts when the emergency shuttle gets called or an admin manually re-starts it.
The mergency shuttle can be called by an Head of Staff in the bridge.

Alternatively, you can destroy the two computers that call it (one in the bridge, one in the captain's quarters) and it will automatically call it (albeit, instead of waiting 10 minutes, you wait 25 now).

I'd join and try to reset it, but I'm at work and if Arrivals is as fucked as I think it is, I'd suffocate before getting far.
Go read the wiki in the meantime, learn a bit outside the game and play again tonight.
Also, post questions about the game here, someone is always lurking.

Oh, I'll also sugest you download the code, set up a server for yourself and explore it that way.
Great way to test things like bombs without blowing other players to smithreens.

I just want to be somebody's helpful neko now, I'm hooked

Yes, arrivals is absolutely as fucked as you think it is. I spawned multiple times and couldn't find a way out - seems like doors are jammed or unpowered or something - and there's no air whatsoever. Completely trapped in a vacuum.

Wiki is pretty nice!

The box you spawn with has emergency internals

Nice, I'd like to try and rush to figure them out but I am dead. How do I not be dead?

you wanting some sprites there?

relay on others

need new thread

Unpowered doors can be opened by forcing them with a crowbar. Then again, arrivals doesn't have a crewbar nearby.
Unless there's a red toolbox nearby, those usually have a smaller emergency crowbar.

Could use the, yeah. Otherwise, I'm nigging the sprites from slimepeople and resize them down to loli size.
I think we need them in greyscale though, so the colour shit works.

I don't know much on how greyscale works do I need to paint it in grey tones or use a greyscale model ?

Neither do I. Colour theory wasn't on my degree.
My simple understanding is that you make an image in grey colours.
When the actual colour is slapped in, the darker greys become darker sides of the colour, with lighter greys becoming lighter sides of the same colour.
There's also the issue with transparency (they're made of goo afterall) but I'll see if there's already a falg for it. Failling that, I'll edit your sprites to be transparent.

I know how to into transparent and I'm just going to wing it for the gayscales

Worst that can happen is that we make a greyscale monstrosity and set it loose on the station. And that's what science is all about anyway.

what kinda loli slime girl would you like though?

You asking me? My art skils are enough to hack a log with a chainsaw and pretend the pile of splinters is that statuette of an owl.
I code to hide away the shame I feel because I enjoy art but can't make any.

well I mean like what's your preference in loli slimes, do you want something like suu or do you want one that's more of a pool of goo or actually just something which looks normal but with that slime look to it or something inbetween?

Suu might be a good reference, since it will also be reconginzble and familiar to lots of anons.
Degenerates. Snek a best.
But try to mix it with the standard goo-girl in your second pic. We should have something familiar, but original, not some copypaste of something that's marginnaly popular.

Milf slimes, not loli slimes

That's if you feed them enough.

you need to tell me what you need doing then because I'd need to sprite up each and every part and then gif it if you want that

I'll give you a better idea later when I get home then. Don't have tools and shit here.

alright

Put breath mask on face, put air tank in hand, click its icon in upper left and put the ttank in your pocket

I learned where the engine was after that round so that's one positive I guess.

expanding the base mechanics would be great as soon as the current ones are all working proper

The problem with thirst systems is how to differentiate them from hunger, otherwise you get a lot of overlap.
That and water comes from sinks you can find anywhere on the station, it's like as if Microwaves printed burgers at the press of a button.

You'd have to come up with significant differences between both hunger and thirst to make it interesting enough, overhaul hunger so it's not the boring mechanic we have today and include sanitation on the station with water pipes and reservoirs to be manned by engineers.

Do keep in mind that a lot of people already hate hunger despite how tame a feature it actually is. Adding thirst is NOT gonna be a popular idea.

the only people that don't like it are the ones who just want to deathmatch the game instead of do any RP

Mate, a few months ago I proposed a morale system. Something akin to hunger that you recovered with booze, cigarretes and being around other people. I didn't find a proper place for it in regards to combat, so I mostly said "why not make it purely cosmetic".
Like, an icon for it on the Hud, or a message of suicidal thoughts every now and then.
THAT got shutdown pretty hard by most of the playerbase.

I don't think thirst has a lot of chances of suceeding, but let's let other people give their opinion.

quiet honestly alot of the playerbase here shoots down everything because we're jaded cunts who think the worst of everything

But it's barely there, and just barely makes the cook's life anything other than futile and pointless. If anything, it could be slightly expanded. I always figured crewmates should start with a randomized hunger (anywhere from full to a little bit above hungry) so that the cook can serve some people a little earlier in the round. But as far as I know, that's the way it already is.

And seconding this, the only reason to demand such a minor mechanic's removal is to turn Hatestation into a place more like Goonstation.

How you doing it this time?

it's really hard to work around their mental gymnastics but being reasonable and calling out their bullshit works wonders

An issue with randomized hunger is the presence of a chef. Without a chef, people will resort to breaking into the kitchen and preparing their own food or using vending machines until they're satisfied. Thirst and random hunger could be combatted by placing two more items in the complimentary spawn boxes with a water bottle and a rations bar.

But that's what they're for.

Oh you evil bastard.

Random hunger doesn't fix anything, just makes some players rage hard when they spawn hungry and call it "RNG fuckery!"
Vending machines are actually terrible ideas to sate your hunger and most people don't even know that. The Sugar in whatever snack you can buy sates your hunger but makes it return faster than usual too while Vitamins instead make it take longer to return and provide other benefits.

The problem with hunger is that it doesn't have anything to interact with. If this was a TES game or Fallout, you could have a diet of vegetables giving you +1 INT while a meat diet would give you +1 STR, but there's no such thing in-game.
The best you can do is alter statistics indirectly, like max health, extra melee damage or have the body produce a certain chem when it processes food.

Ideally, you'd want to do something like this:
Sugar works as usual, sates hunger but makes it return faster.
Nutriment is replaced with Carbon Hydrates. It sates hunger and that's it.
Fat sates hunger as well but if your body processes too much, it will make you fat.
Then you'd have Vitamins, Proteins and Fiber that come with good quality food the chef can make. These don't sate hunger but rather give you a passive bonus after being processed.
All 3 give you some protection against diseases (something that Vitamins already do) and it stacks as well as passive healing at a very slow rate (also stacks).
Vitamins give you speed, increasing your base speed a little bit (or producing a trace amount of some chemical that does the same?)
Protein gives you strength, making you able to carry more before being unencumbered and extra melee damage (there's a variable specifically for this and dufflebags can be worn now)
Fiber gives you resilience and increases your Max Health by up to 15 points as well as doubling your Fatigue regeneration.

For gameplay purposes, any and all food sates your hunger, but fast food or snacks will make you hungry again faster or end up making you fast.
Any and all decent quality food from the chef will do a better job at filling your hunger and even providing a nice bonus for you too that's easy enough to remenber, small enough it shouldn't upset the balance and simple enough anyone can remenber it.
Bonus: if it's the chef that does the cooking instead of anyone else, his food has double the Vitamins\Proteins\Fiber

I need to knock that shit off though

God I fucking hate waiting for an hour to play.

it's the bane of having to wait for a codebase that people may actually like

For future reference, if I'm the only little boy left alive, how do I end game asap so we can do it all over again?

You need an Head role ID and head to the bridge. There's a Captain's Spare ID that should always be left in his room near the bridge precisely for this kind of things too.
You login in a PC, the Communications Console and call the Emergency shuttle. Then you wait and in 12-13 minutes, you'll have a new round.
However, this most likely involves hacking into the bridge and you probably haven't mastered that yet, have you?

N-nope.

You need to stop this meme so I can stop blushing!

Okay. I'll give you the definitive guide to hacking since it's not really that hard, in exchange for sauce on those pics.
fuck you stupid faggot, posting arousing pics without the sauce in the name, you probably saved them ironically since you can only apreciate women with masculine dicks, fucking stupid faggot, I fucking hate you

TOOLS
To hack doors and most other things you need a Screwdriver, a Crowbar and either Wirecutters, a Multitool or both of these preferably.
The multitool is the thing you might not recognize but it's a small yellow cellphone thingy from Deus Ex. Look for those in maintenace and blue toolboxes, Engine, Cargo or Tool Storage. Try to keep them all in a box inside your backpack, a toolbelt on you or at least a toolbox on your hands (that doubles as a nice weapon)

HOW TO HAX
Use the scredriver on the door, it will open it's maintenance panel.
Click on it and it will open a window with many buttons in lines. Each line is a wire with a certain color.
If you have a Wirecutter, you can press Cut\Mend to cut\mend that wire, depending on what state it is.
If you have a Multitool you can instead press Pulse to apply a signal and get an effect.
Some wires do nothing but others have effects. Cutting and Pulsing sometimes do the same, sometimes do different things but general rule: Cutting = permanent effect (until you Mend) Pulse = temporary effect

Of special note here is that all doors have Bolts that can close down and prevent anyone from opening them at all. When you hack a door, what you want is to cut power without triggering the bolts so you can force it open with a crowbar. Be especially carefull that powered doors can shock you if you Cut or Mend some of the wires, something you can prevent by wearing those yellow Insulated Gloves but you don't actually know them if you're smart about it.

HACKING LIKE A STUPID FUCKING LIGGER
Start cutting wires from top to bottom.
After every cut, see in the bottom panel if anything changed.
If the bolts fell down, memorize the color of the wire. That's the bolt wire, you cut it and the bolts go down. Move to another door and try again.
If you are electrocuted, you activated the "Electrify door" wire. It will stay like that indifinetly, so move on to another door after memorizing the right wire.
If the "test light" goes off, that's the power wire. Remenber the color to hack any other door and crowbar this one to open it.

Note:holy fucking shit don't ever do this, you just leave a wake of fucked up doors wherever you go you stupid nigger! If I see you doing this, I'll barbecue your fucking ass! I'll have Beepsky shoving a stun baton so hard up your ass the game will rename it to SMASS

HACKING LIKE A PRO
After opening the door, grab your multitool and start pulsing top to bottom.
If you find the Bolt Wire, pulse it again to raise them, so you don't have to move onto another door.
If you press the Electrify wire, you can wait 30 seconds for it to go back to normal or just go to another door.
When you find the power wire, it will stay deactivated for 30 seconds, but that's more than enough to crowbar the door and get in.
Close the door with the screendriver and nobody will know you were there (save for the detective, maybe) and no damage was done to the station.

Bonus: There's a Power Wire and a PowerBackup wire. If you cut the Backup, nothing happens, but if you cut the Power wire, after 30 seconds, the Backup kicks in and repowers the door. To permanently cut power from a door, you need to find and cut both. You can open a door and then cut\pulse the bolt wires to keep it open forever. You can also do a lot of other things with doors and most machines are hacked in a similar way. Have fun trying shit but try not to be an ass or invade the workplace of people in the station.

T-thank you

I actually clipped all of those images personally. /ss/ is far from masculine dickladies, excuse you~

Oh, but I do have bad news for you about the sauces…

How to access changeling abilities? Like, to do armblade?

You bastard really made me work to find these… AND THE FIRST ONE ISN'T EVEN PORN

kissmanga.com/Manga/Okusan

exhentai.org/g/275380/c8ed0bbd5f/

You have a lot of Tabs on the right side and above the chat window. One of them is for Changeling stuff (if you're one)
Click on it and you'll see a few Verbs there. Pick the Evolutionary Menu.

From there, you can pick a certain amount of powers, each costing a few points and you have a fixed amount to spend.
Choose wisely as re-rolling your powers needs you to suck someone's fluids with your long, thick proboscis
After that, you'll have some buttons or verbs or whatever for each power, the Arm Blade being one of them. A few of the powers are Stings that you can shoot at other people, you choose the verb and then you can MMB with your mouse on them to fire it.

There are a few other powers you have even before that menu is opened that you always have available and you only need the "absorb DNA" sting that lets you take DNA from anyone nearby without them noticing anyway.
Note: I'm assuming /tg/ still uses the last changeling gameplay (and didn't reverted to stealth muderboner code instead)

If we could actually get all that working, I would be fine with it. Having an actual nutrition system would boost the value of not only the chef, but the botanists as well. Everyone needs fruits, veggies, and greens.

Kinda leaves the barman still in the dark but people already like to get drunk anyway so he's probably fine.

Oh, and in addition to everything this guy mentioned, if you get your hands on a pair of insulated gloves, you dont have to worry about getting electrocuted when fiddling with wires.

Server shat itself when I started hosting EYE. I'm working on it. Might be a bit until I figure out why, fix it, and start all the VMs again.

It's okay, I just got taught surgery, and replaced a criminal's brain with an innocent's so I could clone him. I'm positively elated.

Should learn chemistry if haven't yet and virology.

Glad I could help, Coffeepot

Actually, I taught him how to make Mannitol. I'll teach him more chems as I learn the ones for tg, including cloneaxadone if it's in there

You'd also need to do bit of reworking and adding for virology as well because of weight even symptom.

Only cryoxadone from what I can tell.

Serb's back up from what I can tell

Server is up and running again. I'm going to sleep soon, so no guarantees until tomorrow morning if it ends up crashing again. Looks like I just need to do a firmware update on the integrated NICs, but I don't want to take it down right now.

Mix these in a beaker:
Take 50 units of it. You won't regret it.
Afterwards repeat it and heat it to 750k.
Take 50 units of it. You will regret it.