Where did it go wrong?

And will there ever be another TV channel dedicated to video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ACBlackJ0ck/videos
youtube.com/user/TheLastGamertube/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing goes down like cocaine and reruns of COPS.

It would probably be full of e-sports in this day an age

Where did it go wrong? Tech TV became G4/Tech TV. CinemaTech ended, they stopped airing obscure-at-the-time anime, they stopped airing Brainiac and other niche shows that people loved. That was only the beginning, and that's when X-Play began to decline.

YouTube/Twitch makes television completely irrelevant to the demographic.

If you don't want to watch a whole video, basically what this guy said .
Founder/CEO didn't really know/care about vidya and just saw it as a good business opportunity.

yeah but youtube/twitch aren't even funny nor do they have good people running it.

That doesn't disprove the fact that making a "gamer" television channel is a monumentally stupid business decision.

The very beginning.

We can only hope not

ESPN

That was towards their final years.

There was a time xplay actually showed video games all day

What changed? It used to be back to back video game reviews with a commercial break in the middle but towards the end there was maybe one review per episode

Exactly how faggot

G4*

TechTV*

See>>11218754

Why even bother? Cable is dead.

I miss Cinematech

Only old fucks watch TV these days

Sessler is now at the anti-Trump chimpout, really makes you think… (I knew he was a faggot since ReviewTechUsa kissed him farewell)

;_;

What happened to these two, though?

Cherish the suffering you had and are having, anons. You will never look longingly toward the past soon. It's a new age, it's a Trump presidency. The Jew is on the ropes and we're going to take our fucking video games back from him.

What does globalism have to do with anything user said?

Damn that guy is right, what a waste.

I just left this comment on the "rise and fall of g4" vid. thought it might bear reposting here.

This is the problem that corporations and marketers seem unable to fucking get. If you want programming that appeals to geeks, GET. GEEKS. Don't diversify, don't replace hosts that give a shit about the content with models, don't add syndicated content. Get geeks, talk about geeky content in geeky ways, and keep geeks as your audience. I didn't give a shit about the various models they put in on attack of the show and other G4 and TechTV programs. I wanted people who cared about tech to talk to me about tech. I wanted people who cared about videogames to talk about and review videogames. THAT was what was enjoyable about both networks. It made people like me who just didn't enjoy generic tv programming feel like there was a thing on TV we could still care about. And this is the problem that arose from this. Those of us who are genuine geeks and gamers and nerds and dweebs have found our communities taken over by a bunch of smarmy fucks who don't care about the community. They don't care about videogames. They don't care about music. They don't care about technology. They don't even care about movies. All they care about is themselves. The same narcissistic pricks that we formed communities to escape from have now infiltrated our communities and are telling us what to do with them. G4 is in effect a microcosm for every subculture out there.

Hopefully not. TechTV and G4 were both shit from the start.

Reminder that Olivia Munn is morbidly fearful of balloons popping

back then it would be a valid strategy
you know damn well getting "geeks" or "nerds" in this day and age is just a call for the San Francisco blight to broadcast their tripe

Attack of the Shit was trash from day 1.

Kill yourself my man

Tommy is more devoted to Video Games Live, and Vic has been manning Electric Playground which might as well be dead since no channel even in his native Canada is broadcasting it.

Not gonna argue with that

that's part of growing up user
world's been going down to shit for a long time but ever since the jews won ww2 it has been spiralling to shit

they aren't geeks just post irony hipsters

I just couldn't believe that's what G4 killed Screensavers for. Once Attack came on G4 truly turned into the garbage channel everyone remembers it as.

Who watches television?
What shows would be on it that could validate a channel about videogames?
Most of the shows on that channel had absolutely nothing to do with videogames.
We are at a point in time where the very idea of a TV show sounds idiotic to me.
It didn't have that many videogame shows because it had to hold the attention of a TV audience and they are dumb people, now more than ever.
Any news would be fairly dated information.
What could the web not do better is the question?
Could TV ads really pay the bills?
You have to fill an entire time slot.
Maybe you could have
Maybe Anime Unleashed but still still trying to keep with the videogame theame so

Maybe ones related to videogames like

Fact of the matter is G4 was a dumb idea to begin with.

Miss me guys?

I know that Satan, but you tell a bunch of old suits to go out looking for geeks they're going to get the vocal shits that don't shut up about how "geeky" they are

A lot of the thing with electric playground is that they started talking about a bunch of normalfag shit instead of focusing on games entertainment. They started getting these cringy as fuck hosts on to talk about popular movies and indie music. Viewership absolutely tanked after that.

I'm too young to have watched any TechTV shit but this has such a fucking comfy ass feel.

The screen savers used to be awesome. it ended up getting pared down to some other shit that was very small segments with Leo Laporte helping people fix computer problems or giving tips on easy to use and useful new programs and tools.
I really do miss those times. They had some great people working for them and they just treated them like shit and tossed them away to try and gain more mass appeal.

I watched it with my dad when I was a kid. It was maximum comfy. They run a weekly video podcast now called The New Screensavers, on Youtube. It's not bad but it can't hit that level of comfy.

Oh wow thanks for letting me know, I'll check this new one they apparently just uploaded.

G4 had only a few decent people working for them in the first place, all of whom ended up getting sick of their shit.
Kevin, Vic, Tommy, Morgan, Leo, and a few others. The more of them left or were gotten rid of, the less anyone gave a shit about their programming.

I also found it funny that G4 tried to rebrand to be more like Spike TV, because spike's "original" programs were the cringiest dudebro shit ever that nobody fuckin watches.

G4 was never good. It was always shills hocking products.
Many people were too young & stupid at the time to see it so they have illogical nostalgia about G4.

Xplay was fucking trash more focused on worthless unfunny skits than actual gaming content, you're thinking of Extended Play which just had Sessler talking about games.

I still remember the episode they had cause someone sent an email complaining about unfunny skits so they made the entire episode an unfunny skit, I honestly have never understood the nostalgia for X-play, it was fucking trash.

A gaming channel today would be absolutely horrible, it would just be hipsters and shills talking about their shitty walking sims, these faggots are already insufferable, imagine if they had a tv show to go with it, granted it would be canceled very quickly but still, gaming media as it stands right now it pozzed beyond all fuck and the non pozzed outlets are to few.

There is, gynx tv. They are pretty objective, they try to keep the negativity to a minimum but they don't praise shit games. Lately they're getting infested with SJW and starting to talk about gender bullshit in reviews

So its shit then.

Goddamn yahtzee looks like such a fucking cringeworthy faggot here.

Is that a Don't Starve Nep?

youtube.com/user/ACBlackJ0ck/videos

This channel uploads old xplay/aots stuff. Some other vidya related vids as well.

G4 was always pretty weak to me, about the only thing I ever had it on for was the trailers they'd run back to back while I was shitting around on the computer or whatever. What I really miss is ZDTV/TechTV. Imagine how extremely hot shit trash a G4 for the modern gayyymer would be. Put the fucking monkey paw down.

We all do user.

You know as well as I do what that entails in the current political climate.

holy shit. these guys aren't shitty hipsters, they're actual fucking nerds. amazing that this existed.

these guys

youtube.com/user/TheLastGamertube/videos

Are you fucking retarded?

You guys can't even get video game print media or sell, or sustain an online publication for reviews without being completely infested from the cellar to the rooftop access with social justice cancer… and you're getting all maudlin over a medium which is substantially more risky and expensive to produce as if mass market appeal and advertiser pandering wouldn't just be throwing gasoline on the fire that's gutting the games industry.

There's an entire e-Sports channel on Sky here in the UK.

Are you going to crawl to work today?

it was never good

Pretty soon there won't be TV channels dedicated to anything but senior citizens who can't into computers.