Minecraft Server Sneaking

I'm exploring empty Minecraft servers I find on the internet.

Whoever operates this server has no idea what "secret" means, although I suppose it'd be well kept if you didn't know about the server.

It's like you don't even know about worlds.com

The cookie jar at the front door makes this place a little more inviting. I won't take one, though. There's a lot of pink sheep running around the house for whatever reason, and they're quite loud.

I wonder who Stephy was. They must have been important to whoever built the house.

In any case, there's even more sheep on this second floor. A cozy but useless bathroom sits next to the downstairs bedroom.

The owner of this place really likes pink.

This is the view from the glass balcony.

I'll have to check that out sometime.

The Melon Bar serves those who are on their way out to the farming island, connected to the mainland by a glass bridge. These people really liked glass, I guess.

The interior of the Shearin' Shed isn't anything special. The chest has a few agricultural items inside.

Ty's Hip & Rowdy potato patch is growing carrots for some reason. No potatoes are available, let alone hip and rowdy ones.

A little ways away from the rebel carrot patch is a "MEMBERS ONLY" nightclub centered around artichokes.

There's what appears to be a square stripper pole and a very small bar inside. Cool dance floor.

To the right is a stairway that leads up to the Lounge Organique. Two trees above the porch-type opening conveniently keep the sun and rain out of your eyes. I can't say the furniture looks appealing, though.

The path up from the potato patch takes me to Ty's Trendy & cool bridge. In my opinion, there needs to be something there to block the sun before it can be cool. It'd be nice if it was wider as well.

I don't mean to put everything I see down, it's just that it's trying to pawn itself off as "cool".

Fort Creeperhole is pretty alright though.

how do you find these?

This looks pretty fun actually.

moi aussi

This is more interesting than it has any right to be. Moar.

It's quite basic, but it'll hold troops. The view is somewhat obscured by trees.

Nice to see people doing something other than wood/cobblestone rectangles, at least.

I use a site called shodan.io.

It is, if you like exploring. I enjoy seeing what other people built, partly since I don't have much building talent myself.

Gladly.

Modesty has a charm all its own.

The glass castle sounds interesting.

Why wouldn't you embed the portal in the ground? It'd be easier to hide the cheap job you did on it that way, not to mention it'd be more accessible.

What a neat idea, OP.
Keep them coming, please

Man, and I was just getting used to the admittedly basic architecture.

can you do this with a torrent of minekamph?

Christ that looks like shit.

That's the second-biggest bookshelf I've ever seen.

Is this a handicap stall? If so, they forgot to include a toilet. At least it has a privacy screen. Come to think of it, why doesn't the bathroom have a door on it?

There's a smaller library across from a dining room.

Last I checked (back in beta days), it was dependent on server configuration. You could enable or disable access from pirated clients. I'm running a legit install.

The shape of the exterior can at least be escaped when you enter, but you're still staring at wood planks constantly.

It'd probably look like a stupid cake if the constructor used anything other than wood planks, but that's a problem of the base design.

Upon review, I've found that the bathroom does in fact have a door. Nevermind.

I wouldn't want to giggle at this joke, but I want to giggle anyway just to spite you.

Cool pool. There's scum all over the place, though. Why wouldn't you clean that up?

On the second floor now, there's an actual "bafftub". Looks like you'll have to supply your own water for it.

This last room has benches on each side.

Should've left a block of dirt in the tub.

This appears to be a dressing room.

A "Backup dog" is sealed in a glass cage. I feel kind of sorry for it.

The bedroom overlooks the pool area.

After your done burn the house down since it's a fire hazard.

There's not much on the third floor, just a diving board and roof access.

The farm is well-stocked, although I don't see any wheat fields.

I couldn't place it inside the main tub, so I left it on the rim. Maybe this'll teach them not to leave dogs in glass cages.

Wait, was the dog's prison the glass castle all along?

I thought an aviary was for birds. Do these horses fly?

The storage building is fairly small, compared to the big wood block house.

Apparently the larger building is some sort of resort, and the owner lives in this little house.

Thanks, user.

This home, like the others, is a little plain.

There doesn't seem to be anything on the other side of the painting.

Thank you for the reminder of the chimney, sign.

You're welcome. They deserved it, as far as I'm concerned.

I've been looking at shodan.io and found the minecraft server page, but I'm confused. What's the website for? What is the purpose of it?

Maybe I'll investigate this tunnel later.

On the way to another house, a creeper attacked me and left a hole in the ground. I hope the server owner doesn't notice.

Why, thank you! The home is pretty basic, but that little touch makes it better.

It's mostly for finding internet-connected devices of any sort. Some people use it to spy on people who have unsecured cameras connected to the internet.

Does Stephy know how much they're appreciated?

Any time I play with my friends, I do things like digging into a mountain, making the floor and ceiling into crafting tables, and making the walls into furnaces. This is mostly to confuse them. I can see myself building something like this, though that's not necessarily a compliment.

This is a nice change of pace. It'd be nice if the lighting code wasn't shit, though, so the water would look better like this.

Going up from the basement to the second floor…

The sunset looks nice. The results, not so much.

What's this? A school room? A prayer room?

Whatever it is, I like this bedroom. The twin chairs on the roof are kind of cute, too.

I'm not sure what exactly I expected from the "WATER CLOSET".

That lava is very precariously placed. It was probably there when the owner built the place, but why not put up some sort of guard rail?

keep up the good work op

I got lost in the woods, then found my way after fleeing from a skeleton. I don't feel like searching for this village.

I remember your last thread. Comfy stuff.

this thread makes me want to pirat minecraft

I stole a boat and headed to the Spaghetti Shack, which has hardly anything in it. The glass castle has yet to be found.

Come to think of it, maybe the water closet is for when you set yourself on fire with the lava fall.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I hope you like it if you do.

Motherfucker, I meant to reply to

Anyone interested in playing Agrarian Skies 2?

This is not how you build a portal to the Twilight Forest.

Even after commandeering a horse, I couldn't find a glass castle. I think I've been cheated.

There wasn't a way up to the treetops, but I could see up there. All I saw was a few bits of sand here and there.

Why is that pupper so fat? It's not good for them

So that's what the tunnel was for!

The sign says "To Nether Portal" and points the way I came from.

Owners who love their pets too much and don't realize that they're harming them because they think their pets are feeling painfully hungry, so they overfeed them.

Turns out there was something behind that painting after all.

Anyway, into the nether I go.

The homeowner is surprisingly concerned about their figurative hellhole of a residence.

There's not much in here, not even any carpet to stain with the blood of the damned.

These ghasts don't make finding the fortress easy.

what? you're not allowed to break down a tree and make your own way to the canopy?

Finally found it, but I can't go any closer. I don't have any armor or weapons.

I don't think I'm ever going to find that glass castle. Time for a new server.

the point of this i think is just to observe and not change anything in the server, or at least change as little as possible.

You should leave a sign though

This server makes a strong first impression.
Are these bridges the whites-only aboveground railroads?

I could, but I try to disrupt the servers as little as possible. I don't feel bad about taking food if I need it, though.

Oh dear, I'm not alone here.

Do you think they'd mind if I took some of their pork? I don't want to touch the chicken, I know that much.

This looks like a parkour thing.

The other person is trying to talk to me.

Tell him he's a fat faggot nigger.

RUN NIGGA

I didn't get very far. I'm not very good at parkour.

Be nice at him.

This server has a lot of stuff, it seems.

He doesn't seem to mind me much, he's been silent since his first message. That's okay with me.

I can't really say why, but I like seeing ships in Minecraft. If only that Zeppelin mod didn't die.

People neutering their dogs.
Vets love it because its a surgery which they make money off of, however every animal needs proper balance of hormones.

Most dogs are house dogs there isn't a fucking point in neutering them.

I'm no shipwright, but I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to use gravel when building a ship.

This bedroom has a little mushroom farm going.

That's a nice Nether portal, but apparently they've built a track to the End portal.

I don't overfeed my neutered dog and he's just fine.

How does it feel to have a Eunich for a dog?

This stuff is neat.
It's cool, like seeing into someone else's personal world without them knowing.

Reminds me a lot of the server my friends and I would play on. It was just the four of us and I'm certain if anyone else showed up they'd have no idea what they were looking at.

I can't imagine living up here with all these torches and the ugly cobblestone ground. At least the floating garden is cool.

I'm indifferent to that fact.

Flipping the switch on the right made a very loud click noise, indicating the dispensers were empty. I guess the chambers are out of gas.

Are these der juden?

Pretty good server out there.

Looks like a golem farm.

This house was constructed by a true American. I envy this man.

oy vey dis servah is raciss

The buttons on the first floor open the floor in certain spots, then close them back up.

This place is very well organized. Clearly a German lives here.

I guess. Looks like I build, too.

Nice map art.

The note blocks lay down a beat for me when I throw a switch.

I went down a hole in the floor and found a tunnel in progress as well as this chest labeled "Not For Use".

A few beds are missing. Maybe they lost their privileges, or they were discovered to be juden. I hope Terr-Bear doesn't mind me using his.

To the left out this door I found an RV.

If amenities mattered in Minecraft you'd be all set in here.

I accidentally broke their weird elevator scheme trying to go up a floor.

Happy birthday, Faggot!

How do you exactly hunt through mineshit servers anyway?

shodan.io
type minecraft in the search

The quality of construction is much higher here than on other servers.

I use shodan.io and search for "minecraft 1.10". Most of the servers either don't respond or kick me out, saying I'm not on the whitelist. The ones that do let me in and have this much stuff on them are rare indeed.

I love this style of architecture.

What the fuck kind of horse names are these?

The users here really like swastikas. Is this an image board's Minecraft server?

Tall iron bars fence off this bunkhouse.

Really?

Somebody doesn't like endermen.

Looks like a start up storage house to prepare for the big projects.

What little is done in this house is done well.

That could be the case.

I'm looking for that track that'll take me to the End portal. I acquired a minecart from the Underground Railroad a while ago for that purpose.

Before I go, let's see what the local cult is up to.

There's a lot of chickens in this hole.

Is this the tree they worship or something, or is it just a symbol? Or even just decoration? Whatever it is, it's cool.

probably some weird shit they made for keks
it probably sounds like hell when you are right next to it

Turns out it's some sort of farm. It is pretty loud when you're right next to it, but some dispensers go off as soon as a chicken lays an egg. It looks like the chickens automatically get set on fire and killed by that nether block thing, and their remains are sent to this chest.

This castle is cool so far, but where does the track go?

This looks more like a cult hideout.

Away I go!

The cart track took me over here. There's lots of underground tunnels under this castle-type building.

I've finally found the main floor to the castle. Fairly well organized, the map is cool, but meh.

After a quick nap in the America House, I'm back on track to Rings.

The track goes underwater, then stops. I can see the rings through the water as I approach.

Two dogs sit by the entrance to Rings. Don't worry, I won't push you down the conveniently placed hole.

It looks more impressive above water.

They're not just decorative, somebody lives here.

I can't find a way onto the other ring, so it's off I go to somewhere else.

I accidentally went back to the pink castle. I'm actually going somewhere else this time.

Skeletons shot at me as I rode along.

I couldn't read this sign, or even see it. I just miraculously took a screenshot at the right time. Looks like he needs to fix his washing machine, it's clearly not running.

It looks like this village has been culturally enriched.

Naturally, this chest is full of seeds and a few rotten potatoes.

Goddammit.

I remember playing 2b2t and finally escaping the nuclear ground 0 to explore the lost cities and towns you could find around. one of the most interesting times i've had playing a sandbox game

I remember first walking for atleast 8+ hours in a straight line over oceans and mountains, surviving on an inventory full of melons that hackers had converted half the land at spawn into, until I felt I was safe from griefers and murderes and set up a small farm.
played for a fortnight until I set up a sizeable self sufficient farm, surrounded by thick obsidian walls, and traps nearly every fucking where (blew myself up on them once or twice thankfully I had saved at the bed in my secret bolt hole below the farm)

Once I set myself up with strong armour and food to last a few days I styarted my journey back towards spawn.

Its a weird place tbt2, there's a threshold where I had built my farm which is sort of a pure unexplored wilderness.
You have a very slim chance of every finding another player or settlement there.
after a while I finally hit the first big settlements. They thought at this distance they could be safe and while these towns are the largest and best built, you can see from the lava pools and huge chunks of explosive damage even they eventually fall

These places are usually the best place to scavenge, filled with forgotten treasures and secret rooms missed by raiders, or food stores and unattended farms with fully grown crops.
I nearly killed myself here after I found a hidden vault, thankfully the redstone dust mechanism must have been set up wrong since only half the tnt exploded as I set off a plate

Even nicer is finding player written books and signs left here, making you feel almost like an archaeologist piecing together forgottten stories of past players.

A bit further in you start hitting smaller villages and makeshit camps, usually populated by the roving bandit/griefer gangs who will take great pleasure in chasing you down and toying with you. These guys are probably the biggest obstacle I faced (after managing to escape ground 0 alive) when escaping the area and chased me for atleast an hour before I lost them digging a 1x2 hole under the ocean

thankfully I managed to avoid the big gangs by not lighting torches in the night and killing the occasional scout or two. Here you can still find settlements but completely stripped bare.
Sometimes they can be useful on the way out as you may find chests with a few resources for a boat or fishing rod but its the toughest place to survive.

the next trheshold is the one before ground zero, covered in explosion pits and literal ruins.
I walked across an immense cobble bridge lost to time, having to build the rest of my path across the massive canyon it spanned since the path had probably been blown away years ago.

the area is usually creepily covered in signs with such messages as "we're watching you" or "dont look behind you"
actually good warning since plenty of players fleeing the spawn will gladly kill you here for anything you might have on you.

Finally I had made it back to the spawn, although I could tell I was nearly there an hour before due to the land completely gray, covered in lava and giant pits that dropped to the bedrock

and then my journey came to an end as I was stabbed by 3 invincible hackers and teabagged as they called me a cunt shitfuck

I wish the vanilla villages looked more like this.

Sounds like a good time, in its own sort of way.

This looks like a little doctor boy.

I wrote that pretty badly, my bad. just a stream of consioucness and my memories.

I wish i saved some of the images of a huge abandoned city I found after exploring tunnels and portals in the nether

It was bigger than anything I had ever made, with a cathedral and dock, alteast 40 houses.
Every chest was empty and it was completely abandoned and filled with monsters.
It felt as if all the players had just suddenly dissapeared

That other guy joined back in after I started exploring this rotten flesh room.

That's the second biggest farm I've ever seen.

He died shortly after connection.

I'm headed off to Outpost 1 – or I may have skipped it due to some poor track configuration.

Shit, I wasn't expecting this.

Atleast i have some pics of tbt2 spawn, hope you guys enjoy

Say hi

Meant for

Fearing interaction with other people, I've made my escape.

Check the screenshots, I already did.

I'm finally on my way to see the end portal.

Actually, let's see this fortress.

The stakes have just been raised.

how much fucking time do people waste building this shit?

welcome to autism

I've reached this place after a very long bridge walk.

The skeleton horse I took makes this bridge running much faster.

Not a huge base by any means, but it'll keep you going.

honestly maps and being able to stick them to walls linking up perfectly was the best addition to minecraft.

Unfortunately, I've got to cut this one short here. I hope everyone enjoyed the thread. I'm surprised with the amount of stuff I found in these servers, given the fact I've been on all of two today.

rip

When you have nothing else to do this is what happens.

how did you get that beautiful map?
a mod?

just took it off google, I think server owners can convert their shit to a topographical map

This looks fun as fuck. If it weren't for hackers, it may have been fun to set up your own settler group and try to tame the land a few hours away from spawn, combatting the constant raids

For what purpose?

yeah, there's some server plugin that'll generate all kinds of maps. Back in my minecraft days there was a definite beauty to seeing your little settlement grow out, with all the trademark architectural influences of all your server players displayed in miniature.

That 2b2t server spawn looks absolutely fascinating. You're right to describe it as ground zero, that's some straight sci fi shit. Boy it makes me wish I had a legitimate copy of minecraft.

Because it's easier to find servers this way.

Would it be a good idea to gather a bunch of anons and start a group in 2b2t?
We can escape ground zero together, travel in groups and make makeshift camps for each other to use on the way, and make a settlement when we feel we've walked far enough
It'd be a grand adventure, though it does require some coordination. Maybe a board or something.

No. Trying to find food in 2b2t, you're very likely to die before you get far enough away to find trees. I remember having to fight off some fuck with diamond armor and barely driving him off, 2b2t is infested with people using block finder mods. Fuck 2b2t.

yes, but why do those servers exist?

You expect the kids running them to know how to install mods?
I mean fuck, even I don't anymore.

Sad!

No really
Fuck that.

Thanks for sharing, brings back nice memories of fucking around with friends in the alpha and beta phase
Maximum comfy

bumb

i havent actually seen that put in to practice in forever. i havent seen that since better than wolves, and even then i got it to run with other mods just fine. i guess since forge wasnt super popular at the time.

i cant get over this shit

the fuck are you even talking about
it boggles my mind that anyone could struggle with this

And only one mod dev has gone out of his way to make his mod incompatible with forge. He sits and circlejerks with his sycophants on his own forum in obscurity.

so can you allahu ackbar the server you're on right now or is it protected

i like shoving things up my butt
so what
this kind of thread has always been shit

Great thread, OP. You're like a minecraft hermit/archeologist. I thoroughly enjoyed your comments and screenshots, it's really interesting seeing into other people's worlds that they probably never expected anyone else to see.

Most of the servers I visit aren't protected from griefing at all. In theory, I could just destroy everything I see. I don't like to do that in these threads, though.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, user. It's very relaxing to do.