The developers made it free this weekend because Trump won and they want to spread hope

gonehome.itch.io/gonehome

The developers made it free this weekend because Trump won and they want to spread hope.

If they said they'd release it for free if Trump won, I wouldn't have voted for him.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/dhZWV
a.pomf.cat/rtenij.txt
archive.is/dY43K
archive.is/K6Ldz
archive.is/sTrWm
archive.is/K6PK3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So the price matches the amount of gameplay then.

who cares? its not even worth the time it takes to download

archive.is/dhZWV
A poop swastika in a safe space would drive these people to suicide

Please use spraypaint, markers, stickers, etching, or literally anything else please

t. germaphobe

What exactly did Trump say about lesbian women that would make the gone home devs consider this? Fucking hipsters, I fucking hate san francisco so much.

There are millions of germs inside of you RIGHT NOW

I look forward to Mike "Make the Rainbow rain blood" Pence pissing off these people more and more.

also Steins;Gate > Gone Homo

He's going to round up all the gays and gas the ones that won't renounce gayness and accept Jesus into their hearts. Buzzfeed wouldn't lie.

So i see they are the vindictive kind of people and it's Roman , salt the earth , tactics

IT'S WAR THEN

This is what nihilism actually is.

I don't understand life

They might as well start shitting into paper bags and hand it out to strangers.

they were doing that long before Trump got elected

How the hell is a sibling, gay or not, running away from home with little to no prospects, and finding nobody to welcome you home is spreading hope?

Is this some ultra-stealth "cut for Hilary" bullshit? Because if it is I'll admit Holla Forums not a complete waste of internets.

Oh no. trump just saved more LGBT lives but slowing down Islamic immigration.

His pledge to protect LGBT citizens from a hateful foreign ideology triggered them so hard they forgot that he wanted to protect them from a culture that throws gay people off of roofs

It's not a terrible game, really, if you're somewhat into walking simulators and the politics of the character's sister don't trigger you too hard.

By and large, the game doesn't force your character to behave or feel a certain way, unlike say a Bioware game. It's obvious that the sister is being 'brave', as the devs would have it, but it mostly leaves how to feel about the situation up to the player. I, for example, thought her sister was an idiot and half-expected her to show back up at the end having naturally failed in whatever the fuck it is she was trying to do.

B-but we h-have people that don't bake cakes for gays! T-that's j-just as b-bad!

The part where she snips the crotch area of the leggings with the scissors is pretty hot tbh. She's obviously a typical crazy art student but she's kind of cute and those leggings make my dick diamonds.

What?

Isn't the end of the "story" that the lesbians robbed the house and fled?

I'd like to see a mod that changes it to "Trump was elected, we're running away to Canada."

Trump doesn't like gay marriage, but seems okay with gays themselves.

It's Mike Pence who supports electroshock therapy but who gives a fuck about Mike Pence?

The creators included a modding guide with the game, can't believe no one has taken advantage of this yet.
a.pomf.cat/rtenij.txt

Come on, now.

More or less
The game wants me to sympathize with teenaged romance but all I can think about is how hormone insane teenagers are and how they'll probably break up due to the stress of being minors who ran away from home.

Delicious isn't it? Better get your LGBT friends to talk down the would-be assassins because he's literally protecting you

That's exactly why Trump picked Pence. Even the people who hate him are starting to realize that getting rid of him means putting Pence in charge, and they hate him more. He's a living insurance file.

The same tactic McCain did with Palin, minus the fucking?

The worse possible thing the Left can do after this election is what they're doing

More minorities voted for Trump than Romney.

The dying middle class that's majority white because America is still majority white has been dying for decades so the Democrats pick someone who's campaign slogan was for a short time "America already is great" and kept saying all white people have it good and need to shut up

Except Pence kept out of the spotlight whereas Palin kept embarrassing herself at every opportunity

Except this isn't true at all.

I wouldn't even play it for free.

would you play it on xbox? would you play it in firefox?

Source?

Not saying you're a liar, but I want that source too to show to other people

What's the point in archiving a good article that goes against the social justice narrative?

I think it arose from him saying he believes in gay conversion therapy. Electro-shock therapy is one method used for that purpose.

archive.is/dY43K

That whole game was about a Lesbian getting angry because her parents wheren't taking her lesbianism "seriously". They didn't beat her or insult her, they just where "waiting it out". Then she ran away from home with her dyke girl friend who is essentially going AWOL before even getting on the bus for training, pretty sure thats a crime, unless you are allowed to change your mind before training., no plan, no money, no education. Just because her parents weren't showering her with attention, and on the fucking day her sister came back to visit too the narcissist bitch. What "hope" was in this game?

Not to mention spreading the delightful message that highschoolers should totally run away from home.

Oh, and I vaguely recall the lesbian ranting about how people were watching her and judging her constantly, but only behind her back, which encourages rampant paranoia.

That wasn't about her being a lesbian, it was about her living in the spooky house where her crazy uncle died.

i dont think anyone has the time to waste on that garbage

DirectX libraries that include many unused functions as opposed to OpenGL being compiled into the executable, most likely.

Little did I know the true horror was not the game, but the people who made it and what it was about.

I never understood those 'Murican can openers.

When I watched a playthrough of it I thought something was going to be chasing the player, so much fucking missed opportunity

It's a massive flop. No puzzles, no investigation, no nothing. You walk around and read notes. The assets were good, but a developer so far up their own ass made it hopeless.

It would have been 10x better with something as simple as figuring out that the house was the sight of some actually sinister shit like a snuff film studio or cannibal slaughterhouse. They had absolutely no vision

If you can sum the mystery up so quickly, maybe it's a bad mystery?

They had a vision, but it's an SJW vision.

Plot is about a female? Check.
Plot is about a queer? Check.
Plot is about feefees? Check.
Plot paints straight white people as oppressive shitlords? Check.

Bullshit, I watched an LP of this and most gameplay I saw was the guy carrying around the duck that hides the key to house (which was also the only puzzle in the game).

Going AWOL is most definitely a crime, a crime that gets the military after you, not cops. Not sure if skipping out before you ship off to basic gets you in the same shit as say leaving in the dead of night in bumfuckistan but I'd imagine they'd still be pretty cross.

Also the game takes place in the mid-90's so it's not like she'd be going to fight on the front lines and the Gulf war was over and 9/11 is still a few years out, so at worse she'd be doing base shit and only doing 2 year of shit when it goes to shit.

I will give Gone Home this, it's good at atmosphere. The last key/note you find before getting into the super ominous attic is found on a table with a pentagram and a skull. By then there's enough atmosphere to colonize mars with and you check out the attic and then done. That's is, lights on, go home folks. It's a game that as much about getting blue-balled as it is about figuring out why the house is empty.

how to make gone homo not shit
now that would be a game

For one that would be a little more consistent with the original tone perhaps it wouldn't involve you dying or a timer on overcomplicated puzzles but it still needs some puzzles, an escape the room situation, and a satisfying 2deep4u ending. Plot-wise they could have also done something like 11 Cloverfield Lane where it is ambiguous as to whether something has happened to the outside world and you don't know until you have escaped. I guess this describes Danganronpa too but even though it's made by the 999 devs it's not really an escape the room game or a game.

Why do people think Trump hates gays again?

Will they pay me money to play it when Trump get reelected?

Why is Holla Forums so easily triggered?

Where does it say this ?

We don't like shitty games.

He didn't deserve this.

Because we're cis misogynist cunts, and didn't kek our privileges.

Some kids there think that homophones and straight men are one and the same, while it's the opposite.
If you love women, you don't give a shit about fags. If anything they lessen the competition for fresh pussy.

archive.is/K6Ldz

I'm sure there's better sources, probably on their twitter timeline, but that's what comes up first with the phrase in question

He just doesn't care about whether people are gay or not, and usually the people you hear crying that he hates gays have no personality, character, or general worth outside of being gay.

Thanks.
That guy clearly let the ball-licking from journos give him the impression he's a champion for LGBTBBQ+ rights.

it always strikes me as ironic when bigots get triggered by their own bigotry

aren't you supposed to be pissing other people off?

Gaynor has always been a gigantic faggot pushing things for reasons comprehensible only to himself. Though it's depressing to look back and remember this as the second worst thing to happen to System Shock.
archive.is/sTrWm

i don't understand

Has anyone ever considered taking this "game" and modding it into an actual game?

You don't really know what a speedrun is, do you?

Everyone would be naturally repulsed by homosexuals if the media portrayed them as they really are.

When you make up less than 2% of the global population yet account for 83% of all cases of AIDS you know something is not right.

There are more bacterial cells in you RIGHT NOW than actual human cells

(checked)
I already like Pence but if he was actually in favor of electrocuting faggots, I'd love the man.

There is an opportunity here to make this game great again, Basically a modded version of the game designed to trigger the shit out of people.

This new shiny version would require an appropriate title i.e Gone Home: God Emperor Edition.

kek

Why did people like this game again?

I could waste my time to do that.

Come Home: whiteman

Adding some moonman would be a great idea.

Don't forget to change the notes to shit that isn't MUH LEZBIUNS

I'm honestly debating downloading it. I kinda interested to see what the fuss is all about.

Do it if you want to. It's literally nothing. The main problem is that it's nothing that got misrepresented as a horror game. In which the biggest shock was that you spent twenty dollars on going through a gay kids journals.

Gone Home was supposed to be a horror game but the devs were too retarded to figure out how to do it.

They also worked for Bioware before doing this game.

It's not like it would have been that hard. Do something like a ghost that gets more aggressive the closer you get to finding out what happened. Like it goes from subtly rearranging objects when you're not around to blasting open cabinets and knocking shelves over to try and crush you. Give it a handful of things to choose from based on context and aggression level to keep it from getting predictable and boom, spoopy house simulator

That would also give an explanation why a lesbo is whispering in your ear.

I can honestly say I've never seen anything quite like Gone Home. It gets LESS interesting as you figure out what's going on.

Because of this:

It is shit as a game, and it is shit as storytelling. But it is great for virtue signaling. Give it a 10/10, and you get progressive cred! Same goes for Revolution 60, Sunset, and Depression Quest.

The worst bit about this abortion of a game is that the character your supposed to be rooting for, the lesbian sister, is a massive cunt and abandons all her repsonsibilties for some trim she's known for like 4 months, goes AWOL from the military, and steals from her parents.

They try to play it off as "well she was in LOVE!" "the parents were dicks (read: had their own shit to deal with)" and "like, responsibility is just oppression… man!" But if you aren't a mentally addled narcissist it just reads like she's a horrible sociopath.

Totally hopefull, right?

He doesn't know what a game is either.

these douchebags are just using the opportunity for exposure since their new game - tacoma - is probably almost out

And every cuck who would pay money for gone homo already has and left a review about how a poorly written teen novel is le "grebest game eber" because it has gays

Oh boy. Free manure.

Another corpse on the pile, then.

It's fascinating, isn't it?

They were going to be one of the first to go before this, so nothing's changed.

An apt description of all SJWs ever.

Seriously, everything they ever make, and I do mean EVERYTHING they make is about narcissists and psychopaths forcing themselves on the world around them. It's disgusting on an individual basis, and somewhat horrifying when you step back and notice just how much of it there is.

It was her girlfriend who went AWOL. Your sister had no prospects.

pence is shit

but it doesnt even matter since team around trump is being filled with lobbyists and other scum

Is that why they test our medicine on rats first?

Also, I'm going to use this thread to plug a new vr experience. Now you can truly immerse yourself in your son dieing of cancer!

Didn't this guy start making this game instead of taking care of his cancer ridden son

you just gave me an idea
on my university campus someone has printed out "why I'm against Donald Trump" papers listing the usual labels like "sexist, xenophobic" and other crap.
I could print out papers with QR codes claiming to have evidence for these claims but actually lead to things like that vid, refuting the labels.

The only issue I can see is that if they didn't fact check before they probably aren't going to do so now.

-~^v~——–

–~^V~—

—–—–—–—–

You couldn't pay me to play this game.
Actually you could but it would have to be 35 billion dollars and I will give it a 0 out of 5 score on my review

Yes, and then he made a movie about making a game instead of taking care of his son.

I thought his son was already dead when he did the movie.

Sodomites are incapable of love.

beep

FAGGOTS

El Jefe Common Filthberg should really do an episode on dating sites. It's just as bad as what he finds on tumblr, but they're actively attempting to attract a mate.

its always coffee with these people as if drinking coffee isn't something half the world fucking does

Could have just left it at that
He forgot to add narcissistic to his bio. Holy shit. I don't think I have even taken half that many in my entire life, let alone of myself.

God if only you knew what you were missing.

And then there's the book "He's not dead yet (but if he died here's how)"

archive.is/K6PK3

You know what's sad? They probably get a lot of matches. I've used tinder before and never seen any freaks like this, almost feel like I'm missing out

move to sanfran

I can't think of a worse fate than that.

Detroit.

I'd rather live in a place where I can be shot than live with degeneracy.

I appreciate the fact that you thought I might have been capable of thinking up such a funny ass joke, but alas, they beat me to the punch.

I really don't understand the obsession with coffee shops but it's taught me to hate them on instinct. Good thing I don't drink coffee and drink tons of worse shit instead

At least you can comprehend being shot and having your wallet stolen.

Being verbally assaulted by SJWs that look like is an abstract kind of torment.