Danklands

Ever played this?
Ever removed a witches sabbat?
Ever purged /baph/?

Let's trade stories and strategies for this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/8898464/Darklands_(2.0.0.6)_GOG
please
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Heathens, the lot of you.

Never seen a successful Darklands thread on half or full Holla Forums sorry dude. Fantastic game though, that character creation!

how could you?

How about making a general format for it with a magnet link?
Could get new people into it.

or even what the game is.
from all I know it's a damn tabletop adaptation of an NES game

murder more hobos in backalleys

this game was too ambitios for its time… somebody should remake it, but do it properly this time

This is a fantastic idea. How do I do that? I know it got a GOG release.

What is this game, how does it play and torrent where?

I'm with this user, I see it's on GoG and I love a game with a good map. Can you sell us on it OP? It'd be neat to talk about a new game
Just like the one or two Stronghold threads we had which were amazing

You're essentially a merc called by god to make medieval Germany great again by removing back alley cutthroats, witches, satanists, demons, pagans, kobolds, giant spiders, dragons, the undead, corrupt catholic clergy and more.
You do that by roaming a realistic map of the Holy Roman Empire and using every and anything from flails and sanctified battleaxes to all kinds of projectiles like muskets, bows, bombs, oils, acids and shit.
See, there's no real magic (available to you) in the game. So if you want magic tier effects either pray and hope a saint will answer or go fedora alchemist and develop napalm greek fire.

You also got a shitload of events and stumble on type of quests. Say the wild hunt may start chasing you, that bridge is possessed by the devil, muh fucking dragons are attacking. There's also a initially hidden main quest that involves fighting chaos space marines fallen templars.

Žižka did nothing wrong

see when you sell it like that it seems legit. Now what's the actual gameplay like

Here's a fairly shitty jewtube vid but you generally roam around said map and hunt for heretics, satanists, pagan monstrosities and well paid bounties. You also occasionally hit dungeons, raid castles, bandit lairs or dwarven mines.

This sounds bretty good, I love settings that are have some grounded in reality environments with a bunch of fantastical shit surrounding them, like Runequest with King of Dragon Pass. I'd glady check this out when I got time, and if anyone could point to me a torrent or put up a magnet I'd be even more appreciative

Shit, that sounds awesome, are you like a witch hunter from warhammer fantasy?

Found this torrent, ill check it out myself later.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8898464/Darklands_(2.0.0.6)_GOG

oh that seems pretty fun if not a bit dated.
How's the level/gear progression?

Skills increase through usage, weapon types are typically available everywhere but come in different quality ratings (higher is better if I remember correctly)

It's literal medieval Germany but all of muh superstition is real.

Only if you want your shit pushed in, you're closer to a knight errant.

Endgame involves platemail and unbreakable named relics and early game involves scavenged junk (enemies drop everything) and flea market shit. Generally you're looking to find a town with good smiths for some mid level chain, pick up some english longbows and go from there.

You also need to start learning formulas and practicing medicine early or you'll spend literal months on downtime.

It's a grindan adventure. Boring as fuck.

So any new player traps that are really obscure?
like "oh whatever weapon skill is useless because X,Y,Z"

Plenty.

Arguably only flails suck and only for characters with high strength. I mean even battleaxes that have shit armor penetration can ruin a faggot if of sufficient quality and or in the hands of a prodigy lumberjack.
Start young and keep strength at minimum 30, try to specialize each character so that multiple characters can train or simply do shit at the same time (during downtime) and try not to piss off the local authorities too much. It's also advisable to carry ranged weapons and to train up on bandits before leaving the town.

God dammit, thanks obama.
What about maces?
And rapiers?

Not really a thing.

Some of the best shit around. Cudgels and mauls are ass but actual military maces will wreck up to chainmail, and ravensbeak and warhammer are some of the few weapons that naturally counter plate armor.

Axes are generally the best damage dealers but they sucks against armor, maces are the can openers and the swords are somewhere in between. Polearms are a bitch to use but have range and great stats otherwise.

So, what would be a basic suggested party until you get used to the game. Just general all rounders, and pick whatever weapons+missile?

Halberds are for fagggots.
Military hammers and poniards master race.
Don't forget your javelins.

Anyone have any advice for making a ranged weapons user?
Also what is faith and virtue used for?

Yeah, give everyone a ranged weapon. Agl in the 40s and a bow if it's a dedicated thief/archer. Throwables are the easiest to use and you get to keep a shield on, bows are fastest so they crit like crazy and guns tend to be one shot wonders.

Virtue is your spiritual stat. It impacts a fuckton of events and determines whether a saint will help your ass out. Faith/DF is mana.

You're looking for a high charisma face, a high agility thief and a high intellect alchemist.

The fourth guy can either be a bruiser or a cleric or even a ranger. A second alchemist wouldn't be out of the question either.

Someone should know their way around healing and the face should learn his latin.

Weirder shit has happened.

How do i sell stuff?
This game is very confusing.

I am extremely intrigued. Downloading now. I shall monitor this thread.

Those digits

Every character has a separate inventory, I think it's listed near the bottom of the screen. Sell from there.

I'm not denying the game can be confusing but selling stuff shouldn't be particularly difficult to figure out. Go to merchant, click item from list in "so and so currently has…" click sell.

meant to post this a while ago but I forgot to fill the captcha

It's a good game, if not particularly well balanced, and a bit obtuse.

i went to the merchant, tried to sell a bunch of shit i got from random robbers, homever, i can only see the items my face guy (who is my leader) has equiped, so his armour, his club and his formulae.

I love Tweed's video on it, no idea why people never watched anything else he did but his Starbound sucks videos. Don't watch it if you want to enjoy exploring the mystery of it, though, he explains most of everything.

There should be a selection that says something like "barter for another person," which allows your leader to sell the other character's shit.

I did so, but my leader is the one that has all the crap to sell.

Post a screenshot of your leader's inventory list from the character page and a screen of the merchant page and I'll try to help you the best I can.
Also, I was pretty sure you can't sell your equipped items, but I could be wrong. You should double check what he actually has equipped either way. Clubs are usually what you find off robbers in the beginning.

No i cant do it now, apparently my game didnt save, since when i click "the adventure continues" and click load no saved game shows up.

Tweed I like your shit
But please stop shilling it here
At least admit its you

What even is this game? Is it a game?
Tell me what the fuck it is first or post a dl for it.

Heres a link

Read the thread spunktowel

Since a few anons are interested and this game is kind of difficult to get into, would Holla Forums be interested in a let's play thread? Not youtube and cam faggotry, but an old fashioned participatory one?
I have some time to kill.

kyle you're self

Not a bad idea but pick the time carefully.

Alright, I can start with that.

Good point, I forget I'm up late for this board usually.

I don't want to be all "muh graphics!" but is there some sort of patch or update to make it look a bit more updated? Also, do I need to use DOSBox to run this game?

Don't feel bad, it was criticized for looking outdated when it was released. Actually the drawn stills that make up most of the game hold up well, but the combat looks like ass.
There's resolution options in the gog launcher but I haven't messed with them. I think that's about all you get. And yes, you'll have to run it on DOSBox.

I don't expect for you to post a scan of some gaming newsletter from 1992, but seriously?

You can build a i486 and run it in native if that works for you :^)
Also, dosbox itself allows you to improve (depending on who you ask) on graphics please use archive.is/how-to-modify-classic-games-with-dosbox-scalers/

for fucks sake

Did you remember to actually pick up the items after the battle? Other then that it's just the question of finding a merchant that deals in that shit pawnshop and talking with your charismafag as leader. For quick and easy garbage disposal that doesn't involve your equipped items bonus points keep your equipment separated from the junk with a unsellable item. Say a boar tusk or a suit of cloth.

Manual save.
Manual save.
Manual save.
This game isn't forgiving. No need to reload after every fuckup but you shouldn't remake a party each time your thief slips and breaks his useless neck. Or when you don't expect a random witch to pull out rape-on-rope eater-water and wreck your 41q suit of plate. Manual save.

Try changing your .conf with
output=ddraw
aspect=true
scaler=hq2x

They don't make them like they used to

Those posters are hilarious. I to this day wonder if there was some backroom trying to go for least amount of pants in a poster.