Kingdom Hearts

So I just beat the first game on PS2 because I'm fucking insane, and I'm mildly confused as to whether I should play Re:CoM or KH2 next. I know Re:CoM takes place immediately after the events of the first game, but I also know that it features a bunch of slightly altered scenarios from the first game, and I get the feeling that I'll get burnt out if Re:CoM is too similar to the first game. I really wanna get right into KH2, but I'm not sure if I should skip Re:CoM for now since the Kingdom Hearts timeline is such a colossal clusterfuck, and reading plot summaries is boring. Should I trudge through Re:CoM, or is it safe to just jump straight into KH2?

Also, Kingdom Hearts general, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2gArZ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_Works:_Build,_Trade,_Destroy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I only ever played 1 and 2, and the story in between the two is covered in 358/2 days if you're interested.
But play 2 first.

CoM is highly different from the rest of the series, in regards to gameplay. Polarizing card-based battle system that is literally love or hate.

KH II did everything 100x better than the original, again in terms of gameplay. Story is among the most laughable in vidya, but the game is fun as fuck.

R E L E A S E O R D E R Y O U N I G G E R

Hey there brother, I'm currently marathoning the franchise myself.
Played 1 vanilla, then Re Com for both characters and now 20 hour into 2 Final Mix.
I tell you what - play Re Com. Just do it.
Compared to even the first game it's a gimmicky piece of shit that only becomes relatively fun near the end where you unlock most of your shit and can spam super attacks like motherfucker.
And then compared to that KH2 is a fucking miracle. You really need to suffer through Chains to appreciate it.
If you're using either a PS2 or an emulator, there is a Final Mix + version for KH2, fan translated into english, so grab that.
Critical mode is just too good to pass up.

Ha ha, no, fuck you. Op should just play definitive versions of each one.

Oh almost forgot
PS3 VERSIONS ARE CENSORED
So yeah, stick to ps2 ones where you can.

No pls, i don't want see riku doing bad things 99999999 times again

cute game. i wanna like it but i just cant get over the immense dislike or hate i have for disney. its like the game has a dusting of kryptonite

You don't like feeling pain?
You don't feel the DARKNESS

Goddamn, I can't think of a single game with dialogue more ham-fisted than Kingdom Hearts. It really has the subtlety of an atomic bomb.

are you denying the darkness in your heart?

Always play shit in order of release. There's never an excuse to do otherwise unless the game is shit and the franchise somehow improves later on.

I can understand it for today's Disney, but classical Disney characters?
Those are timeless classics.

It hurts
Also Wasteland when?

What'd they censor?

Pixelated loli pantsu. See

Play CoM on the GBA.

They outright removed all the panties, leaving legs hanging from the void.

KH CoM and KH Re:CoM are the best KH games.

Yeah no, it's complete shit compared to numbered KH games.

That's the dumbest shit I've heard anyone say. Get better taste.

Damn straight.

What is the best form and why is it Wisdom?

I'd like to hear more solid arguments than "muh taste".
It's literally dungeon crawling with very basic dungeon generating system, and combat that pretends to be deep, but always can be solved with mentioned tactic.
It's fucking shit only worth playing to appreciate how good mainline KH games are and to learn more about Riku, since it adds jackshit to Sora's character.

I've liked wisdom more than valor in my critical mode run of 2.5

So I found out that the original Japanese version of KH1 is apparently much more difficult. You have things like Riku-Ansem throwing out his stronger attack way earlier than normal, and Ansem himself having health comparable to Sephiroth during that Destiny Island fight.

It doesn't seem like any of the versions that came out after it include this level of difficulty. Which is weird to me.

Target audience of the game is, and always was 12yo kids, not tryhard weeb neckbeards.
So of course they nerfed it. It's just when sqeenix caught up with who actually buy their shit, they started to add critical modes into Final Mix versions and convoluted anime plots.

CoM and its remake aren't perfect, but they certainly offer more tactically rewarding gameplay than the main titles.

And personally, I loved that aspect. The level design in most KH games aren't anything to write home about. The generation is quite simple, but we're talking about Kingdom Hearts here, which is not exactly renowned for depth. The base games' combat is little more than mash X + occasionally heal. MAYBE a shield spell if you're feeling adventurous.
Again, it's just a small layer of complexity where the base games have none. KH is usually pretty awkward with using special attacks that aren't spells, often binding all physical specials to a single button. With CoM, you can manage your deck to have the numbers/cards line up with your favourite sleights. Without a mana system, offensive magic felt a lot more useful since it didn't directly eat into your precious heal and shield spells. The fact that players and enemies could break attacks in addition to just dodging gave you more options in combat. It does have to be noted that, for the most part, you CAN just dodge attacks. All these add up to having more (viable) tools available to the player during combat.

And with regards to the story, reminder that everything after KH1 is non-canon

meant for

That's really the whole point. Why didn't they at least add it back in with the PS3 version, if they've been doing critical modes since 2? Can't see it being that difficult.

And you've never had fun trying to beat a game at it's hardest? Certain games really benefit from higher difficulty. Especially when they have these big, grandiose battles. The impact is lost when it's fairly easy.
See: Twilight Princess.

Somebody didn't play critical mode.

I'm not advocating them, just explaining their mentality. Critical mode is the only way to play any KH game that has it.

Threadly reminder she probably has a feminine penis

Olette needs more love.

I still need to get it back. I remember Kingdom Hearts 2 being so fun to play, but then again I also remember 358 days being my favorite out of them all.

Are you judging your friend for watching endings before playing the game? Some friend you are. Games are played for gameplay either way, unless you're some numale hipster walking sim fan. And Kingdom Hearts is the epitome of God-tier gameplay/Shit-tier story kind of game.
Also chances are you gave him vanilla KH2 that might not even contain shit from PS3/Final Mix version he watched.

I guess? I know the kingdom hearts story is bat shit silly, but at least seeing it first hand through playing the game is better than just searching it up on youtube and calling it there. Some games there is no reason not to do that though with walking sims and shit.
And yes, I had a standard copy. Not the final mix version though I wish I could play that version.

Download it.

I'll never get why they didn't include that on the PS3, online, I mean.

I bet you didn't even play the Final Mix version, faggot. Play CoM, is the one that comes next, if you jump to KH2 you won't understand anything.

Same,, playing 1.5 and 2.5 on PS3.I should have waited for the PS4 collection, though, although I pirated both.
Yeah, fag, you fucked up, you should have go with the PS3 ones, even if they're censored. There are plenty of benefits compared to "Wuaaah! no panties". Also, I'm not an apologist, I'm not telling you to buy it either, but thecollection is overall better since it fixes all the damn problems plus FM.

Fight me faggot

you say that like it's a problem for any of them to have one

KH3 is never coming out is it?

Excepting being easy as shit with OP reaction attacks.

It is coming soon user

stop lying to me SE shill NEVER EVER

To be fair, I don't think anyone ever looked at a crossover between Final Fantasy and fucking Disney movies and said "I'm gonna play this for the gameplay."

user, they're doing the HD collections first to BTFO of those people who say you need 12 consoles for the full experience. True at a time, but now a PS4 is literally all you need. KH3 being this long of a wait should be expected, especially after how you say Nomura handle FF13 Vs./FF15.
It'll be out by 2018, probably.

I thought on harder difficulties the game punished you for spamming triangle to win.

KH2FM's new content was mostly all stuff that fucked up the kids that thought spamming triangle would win. Take a look at the Data Org. fights, Terra, and the rest of the added bosses.
Most of the base game stayed the same though, triangle-to-win about the same.

Ultimate Megaton Definite PC edition when?

Which one?

It should be obvious based on KH lore

Well I suppose Larxene seems the most fitting

Never ever. PC doesn't deserve Kingdom Hearts.

trying to get back into that one but the deck system is not clicking with me like how it use to
how do I git gud?

Just pack your deck with Judgement.

This is why the entire franchise is one of the most weird and fucked up things in the entire industry.

0, favourite sleight, repeat. Usually Ragnarock or Arcanum or Deadly Flame. Or something similar.
I don't remember if GBA has Jafar card, but when fighting bosses use Jafar card, so they won't break your sleights.

Which one? There's only five of them there friend.

It's a forced meme

Play KH2 upscaled on PCSX2, then play KH2FM in 2.5. The textures are undeniably much better looking in the environments, UI, effects, etc. (and yes the textures on Sora and co. are different you fucking idiot take a sec and zoom in on smaller details and how the colours are slightly different in hair and shirt). New features in 2.5 are also a new shader (which you can patch into 2FM iso's) and the new music which I think is across the board great. The user you replied to is a total faggot for playing on any less then Critical though.
In my opinion, the full experience for KH2FM is the following.
KH2FM JP (English patched or not) > KH2.5 JP > KH2.5 US >>> Vanilla (JP/US)

Instead of that patch of text you could post some comparisons, but sure I bet some will trust your word alone.

To be fair, KH2 didn't change much,but playing KH1 on PS2 is retarded at this point. 1.5 fixed a lot of shit that needed to be fixed.

Keep playing with stretched sprites, user.

But don't I lose cards with a sleight?

Yeah, it does. It eats the first card you used for the sleight. It can be solved by having a potion since it restore those cards.

You don't even need to be doing a Level 1 run for that claim to be completely and utterly wrong

Even dark souls doesn't have such levels of bullshit.

It's a not sprite-based game, so who the fuck cares about ui.
And whatever updated KH1 version was on PS2 also has english patch.
The point is you don't need PS3 or 4 to get definitive version of either KH1 or 2.
If you want to justify owning useless piece of shit so much at least use something like armored core or gundam games.

I'm playing critical mode and so far only story bosses were triangle to win. Both regular enemies and optional bosses rape your ass for one single mistake.
Or no mistake at all.

You might as well not even count Triangle prompts for special parts in the middle of certain fights, like making the triangle button get the Chandelier boss out so you can wack on it or pressing triangle to not die when Demyx is about to fuck you with his guitar. You're technically using Triangle to progress through the fight, but you aren't winning just by using it.

You could have a better UI with little to no downside. Instead, you have to settle with stretched image that look like dogshit,and they follow you around, even the subtitles look like shit. How can you even read them? But then,you bitch about jaggies.
Does the PS2 version have the camera patched? Or it isn't dynamic? Because a camera that only move to the sides in a KH game is really fucking retarded.
You do if you want definitive UI. I'm not saying you need a PS3 to play the definitive version of KH, I'm saying both PS and PS4 version are ay better than emulation for a number of reasons, including UI and stuff like camera fixing. Good luck emulating BBS too.

It sounds to me that you're just poor and can't even afford a CFW PS3.

There's really nothing wrong with using triangle to progress. My problem is HAVING to use it to progress. If I'm not mistaken, there are fights that you can't even win without using it.

I can post smug anime girls too, that doesn't make you any less pathetic.

It doesn't make you any less wrong, though. If you're playing a game, why wouldn't you want it to look good in every aspect? Unless you don't have the money. Is that the case, user?

I love how Kingdom Hearts still looks amazing even today. It all scales up well, and the cutscenes are great

Okay, so what IS the problem with having to use it?

This, half of Holla Forums appears to be trying to leave the closet

As I say,no problem on using it, but here is the scenario
That's my problem, actually, say, if you had the option of killing the boss without the triangle, that would be nice,without mentioning when you do it you usually take half the boss life too. Is not much of a problem, but it's annoying.

that's the surprise

I don't know, it obviously there for the sake of cinematic QTE's which were popular back then, but I wouldn't say it's ever as blatant as a simple wall in the boss's health bar, something like that would usually represent a transition into a latter phase. If being required to use the triangle button, a designated context-sensitive button for parts of a game is a problem, you could easily be saying that you have to press most buttons to win, like the attack button or the jump button. It just feels like biased nitpicking towards something that doesn't really matter.

Yeah, pretty much.But don't go repeating that a lot, you might trigger people with the truth.

Wish list for KH3?
I just hope multiple characters are playable and it ain't bbs with boss design

That just sounds appealing to me tbh

They brought back Hercaleez, they better fucking bring back Agrabah. I want to see them to Aladdin 3's plot this time.

Also I want to see either Max/Noel

Max from the goofy movie shit? Or another max?
Also Noel is from FF13-2 right? Why would you want that?

Also: I'd like to be able to take characters from their worlds with me to other places, instead of them being world-exclusive. And I absolutely must to be able to play as Riku.

What else… it's unlikely there's gonna be any Disney Channel cartoons, but I'd dig a Wander Over Yonder appearance

Yeah Goofy's son. And Noel's pretty cool. Preferably Noel. Both are voiced by Jason Marsden, I like that guy's voice

I bet they'd probably make more FF cameo's in the form of struggle matches
I also heard that they are planning multiple characters, maybe.
I expect 1 maybe 2 but from the sounds of how I heard it, it's gonna be kinda tacked on

If they do Star Wars I want to see a Darth Golbez

No star wars, because they'd base it on the new movie, except maybe a cameo battle with Darth Vader. No Marvel at all. Wasteland/Mean Street would be a nice continuation of Timeless River. No Lightning. At all.

Then of course, the obvious

what path do you guys usually take? offense, defense, or magic, and why? I usually take offense simply because it's easier, i'm about to do a magic run though

It's a sad day on Earth when even I have to admit not even Kingdom Hearts deserves that shit circus.

If Squeenix manages to get the license, I'd love to see a Toy Story world where Sora is turned into an action figure, and Donald and Goofy are turned into stuffed animals. The only thing I wouldn't like about that would be the inevitable instrumental version of You've Got a Friend in Me on loop.

Also no Star Wars or Marvel. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind too much if they used Episode 4, though I'd rather they stay as far the fuck away from those brands as possible.

While disney IPs are super wide in representation, even live action films like pirates of the caribbean appear, why only FF7,8 and 10 are represented from square's side? I expected it to be like Dissidia with every one sending at least one representative.

I guess I want more FF games to appear.

Isn't big hero 6 a Marvel thing? Granted it got changed so much it may as well be a random Disney movie, but still…

As far as Star Wars goes I really doubt we'd get a "world" You'd be more likely to see one or two characters running around in the original worlds.

Because Square is targeting their (at the time) recent fans. KHII did have setzer, but he's hard to recognize and doesn't even act anything like him.

Nomura said he didn't wanna use any characters he didn't design. He might've gone back on that since I'm pretty sure Lightning and the Warrior of Light were in DDD, though I haven't played it so I don't know.

Truth be told, I kind of wish they'd have the actual FF7 characters appear at some point instead of their incarnations from this series. It drives me nuts that they've all got basically nothing to do with their original counterparts. Like, Aerith is alive in KH for fuck's sake. Is she even a Cetra in this universe?

Oh yeah that was weird too. Disney worlds are more or less follow their scripts, but FF characters are just some random people who happen to resemble famous square's designs and partially retaining their personalities.

I want to play this series before it comes out, I've only ever played Chain of Memories on GBA and the DS one

can someone tell me which games to play and in what order, and which ones to skip (if there are any)

Always gets me, even when I was a kid.
It's the only KH I've played. It was pretty cool

Yes but Marvel has less serious shit no one knows about and honestly, the game's split between Disney and Square themes, it can handle super heroes being introduced but sadly Marvel has been only putting out comics at levels of shit never thought reachable.

If Tron can get a world, there's no way in hell they won't be using Star Wars.

Start with Kingdom Hearts 1 whichever the latest edition you can access. PS3 one is the easiest choice, but if you only have PS2/PC you can play/emulate Final Mix version with english patch.
Or you can go for vanilla KH1, but there is no rational reason for doing that.
That is what I did though

Don't think it's too weird actually. The House of Mouse probably stipulated that in their contract, to not have anything weird happening to their characters.

I remember you, user, glad you realize your decision was idiotic.

What decision? To not buy PS3? Or to play KH1 vanilla?
I mean if you already have PS3, no reason to not play its version of KH because it has everything in it. But if you don't, it's still a very shitty console that can only play previous generation of games in proper HD with acceptable framerates. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that shit is not worth asking price.

As far as Vanilla version of the game goes, I haven't quickly found patched FM version, so I didn't spend too much time on finding something I might not enjoy, so I just grabbed readily available image of the official release.
I mean like a lot of people here I didn't touch it in decade because of all the potential cringe you would expect from Disney x FF with nomura at the helm. I only decided to play it after those threads about Adventure Time fan game, where people said that combat was directly lifted from KH. And I enjoyed combat immensely.

I get criticisms of camera and that it doesn't have content that ties it to the sequels, but it's still a very solid video game, with camera even as it is being better than in a lot of later action games, namely MGR and DMC4.

As far as KH2 goes, I'm playing Final Mix + version with fan made english patch, and even from the outlook game looks massive, like 3 times bigger than the first one.

I know i seem to keep posting this video every kh thread, but i hope kh3 is this fun as this video, i love fucking valor form, its like if devil trigger had manual combo moves within combo inputs so you can double down.

i meant limit form

I'm not sure if most of the plot for the first game could have happened if that was the case.

I don't mind referencing movie plots like with what they did in hercules in KH2, but going through the whole thing beat for beat is a bit dull.

KH2, even with all the enhancements, is the worst game in the series.

I mean I know that you have half the health in crit mode, but seeing how it never goes into straight line is a bit disappointing.

yeah, even though Olympus is confirmed for kh3, I think itl be a bit dull in retrospect to kh2's Olympus story.

They haven't actually ever finished the plot of the movie Hercules yet, the Titans attacked Olympus. Alladin has been finished and redone what, ten times?

*HAVENT

Whoa there big boy, how is KH2 worse than 1 or Re Chain?
How can anything possibly be worse than Re Chain?

yeah good point, and agribuh is a bit overdone, but id like a story on the king of thieves, itd be nice.

Re:Chain is a good, balanced game. The dungeon crawling was stronger than its original form, as 3d made the movement between levels more meaningful. Also, it added this song, which is one of the best songs in the series.

That's not what I call balanced.
I kinda enjoyed manual dungeon generation gimmick, but they should have more room types and enemies actually being fightable in those rooms classic KH style, not through shitty encounters on empty flat arenas.

Overall it's worse than KH1 in every single aspect.
And I really want to hear what's wrong with KH2, apart from story bosses being reduced to QTE.

Since we're comparing to KH1, removal of platforming.

Really? I haven't noticed it. I'm not huge fan of platforming, so maybe that's why.
As far as combat goes, KH2 is vastly superior to 1, and drive forms are pure gold.

The platforming in KH1 was a bitch though. Sora's controls were stiff and he'd always overshoot the platforms.

It was still better than KH2's nearly totally flat battle arenas.

You're mixing Re Chain and 2.
There is plenty of verticality in KH2's combat situations most of the time.

Olette is garbage. Girl rating is:

>Fuu

I really liked lightning girl from Re Chain, whatever her name was. Too bad she died.

Why everyone in organization have stupid ass names? I think only Axel has real one.

Larxene. Yeah, shame how one of the few characters saving us from a yaoi fest had to die in the game she debuted in, but such is SE.

DSP, is that you?

Marluxia was supposed to be a woman too, but apparently the idea of the only two women in the Organization planning to subvert and betray and then die wad chock full of unpleasant implications.

Yes, better than overpowered memory witch with shitty drawings, *Seifer's cocksleeve**, and completely fucking useless with no chance of redemption.

Forgot vid

Because xemnas took their original names and shuffeled them around and put an X in them because that's the letter for "ki" or "kai" but no one pronounces it "kai"
Larxene's is still up in the air for whatever the fuck it could be

Xion user, I love you, but she is dead
Super dead
Hardcore dead
Game over screen then selecting the main menu dead
Inside the memory of a fake half fused person inside another person dead
But I await the asspull
Also I really hope no starwars

Fuck, Marluxia would've been great as a women
I want more sexy/gay women dammit
Reminds me how in jojo, the author wanted his lady protag to be a lesbian, but the editor said no

So just as I guessed it, you're not supposed to go in once you find it, but much later with a fuckhuge arsenal of abilities and longer lifebar.
Also can you even have that much health in critical mode?
And yes, she starts that lightning explosion in cut-scene and it continues immediately into the fight, so you gotta cast reflect or something similar the second you gain control, otherwise she one shots you.
Unless you play on casual mode/at high level that is.

Toy story was planned initially for summons, with it being buzz and woody for KH2, I wonder if it is a licensing thing

Just to throw in, the cavern of remembrance actually has a good amount of platforming, requiring you to have all your growth abilities leveled up

The letter is χ, or "chi". It's used because Xemnas vaguely remembers χ being important with the χ-blade and because it can be used for tracking.", like he did to Sora and possibly the other Organization members through their names. In the names, the x is referred to as Recusant's Sigil.

Linira?

Never figured it worked throught names but I remember that, also never knew it was a legit letter

Also I wasn't expecting to find this today, so I guess I'll read through and have a giggle

I honestly don't know if it works through the names, the part was just speculation. But yeah, it's Greek, Xehanort says its an old word that means death.

As for Linira, he has… I'm just going to call it an extreme woman fetish and leave it at that. That line about wanting more sexy lesbian sounded a LOT like something he'd proudly proclaim. I've paid him to write me porn, and now we're sort of friends.

off topic, which one did he write for ya? his shit's pretty generic starting off, wanna see if he's good at smutty shit
also I'm surprised you paid for written porn, kinda a waste of money

He's never posted smut he's wrote for me, it's mostly rape, and he doesn't want to post that to the public. I could send you one where Blackfire rapes Starfire(Blackfire is futa) from Teen Titans. And I suppose it is a waste, but I wasn't going to do anything good with the money anyway, and I get off better to written smut than my own imagination. Can't believe I'm actually talking about this.

Thanks for not saging, makes me feel better about forgetting to.

Right, my interest has been lost, let's hope the thread continues normally

So yeah, the Greek language is a thing in Kingdom Hearts history. Try wrapping your head around that.

To those talking about KH1 vs. 2:

I can't be assed to finish 2. 1 played like an adventure game. I like the whole "get movement abilities go back over new old zones for new stuff platforming stuff happens" etc. compared to fight -> fight -> fight. I do enjoy the combat but the game was better with actual puzzles rather than just a disney post ffX game.

I guess the gummi ship levels are a ton more fun but for a shmup there's plenty more out there.

You should probably try one of them zeldas. I bet you'll like it.

what kind of moronic response is that

1 was fun, 2 is playing far less entertaining than the first and the features I mentioned aren't exclusive to shitty zelda games

It's the other way around.
1 was washed out without much direction where bad things interfered with good ones.
2 is much more focused and fun game with shitty gimmicks and annoying padding sequences removed, packed with actual content.

you mean like press triangle to ride the bag
press triangle to "hang on"
press triangle to win every significant fight
wait for NPC to catch up to you to use triangle to complete the event
press triangle to spam finisher moves with your summon partner or token single-per-world ally

no, KH2 takes the cake for shitty gimmicks, those ain't puzzles, they're 90% of the time "hit triangle"

too bad they're all linear series of battle arenas into battle arenas

I'm shocked they haven't started digging into the various TV series and made for TV movies they made over the years for material.

>She appears in KH2's opening sort of
Besides, Nomura knows better than to do that.
Otherwise it would be extremely painful
For him

Goddamnit don't do this to me, I was really REALLY hoping coded was not relevant to anything other than it's own story
But in order to tell you more about how dead she is I now have to take a look
would be amazing if she's playable in KH3

Assuming Star Wars manages to get its way into KH3 (please don't), how exactly would it work out?
The lore of SW spans a galaxy's worth of civilizations in contact with each other. Each world in KH is supposed to be self-contained as far as I know.

Floating ship a la KH1 Hook's ship.

Alternatively, The Death Star a la the Stitch "planet".

Alternatively, Naboo/Tatooine/Endor

Either an easter egg kinda deal like a death star gummi ship mission or vader boss, in which it doesn't matter, or a worm hole that takes you to a "galaxy far far away" and they explain it away by that

We finally find out where Darth's TIE-fighter spiraled off to at the end of 4.

God damnit Atlantica in 2 is already driving me nuts now
rhythm game with corn ball lyrics. Where's my damn "unda da sea" background music again

What's wrong with Star Wars again?

finny fun

10/10

Star Wars in KH would just feel forced as fuck no pun intended I swear. Like I said before, Episode 4 might fit in fine, but it'll still be obvious that it's only in the game Disney wants to flaunt the SW license around.

I am unsure how I would feel about this

The remix would be the song that plays when Andy gets Buzz and phases out Woody.

It would probably just be a non-combat theme like Under the Sea or This is Halloween.

If I remember, DDD has "World Ends with you" characters included

Fair, but Halloween town's battle music shares many similarities.

So what would one expect from the Toy Story version?

Legally speaking, they wouldn't be able to release it stateside without EA publishing it, if it had starwars.

I already said it. And also kinda found it? It's got a more driving tempo, anyways.

Oh, what a shame. Like I hate censorship as much as the next guy, but are you guys seriously going to get worked up over panties getting removed from a few NPCs? I can understand being mad over dialogue getting rewritten or character designs being completely changed but that change is literally so inconsequential that I can't believe you don't have more important things to care about.

I don't understand how Deep Space worked, if it was the space of a self contained world or if space = darkness dividing the worlds. The last one would make sense and the armors just work as space suits. In either case, they can just do an space station like world. Now the plot, that would be another deal, starting with what they will go with. I'd like them to go with a mix of the classic and new trilogy, but they'll probably go with the shit new movies.

As long as they don't push new age shit and get a basic plot involving the Avengers, then I don't see any problem

Good tempo, but it's kind of… Not for combat.

It is a big deal. But the benefits are way better than the downside.

They already have space federations and stuff due to Lilo and Stitch. There are "space" faring cultures.

I don't get this either. Star Wars would work extremely well with KH. Especially since the two universes have somewhat similar themes with keyblade wielders and Jedi.

Preferably if there was to be a star wars world i would like either episode 3 or 6 due to them being the episodes where shit hits the fan the hardest. The amount of sheer badass star wars can bring to kingdom hearts is pretty high as long as you still have a good imagination and know what you are doing. The heartless would be pretty cool too.

Here is how the world could turn out.

I never watched episode 3 in a while but id imagine sora traveling across coeuscant protecting the Jedi and others against order 66 while tracking Anakin down. They eventually go to the volcano planet where you fight to get to Anakin along side obi wan then begin the final duel there with multiple phases where the battleground changes, just like in the movie.

Sora arrives in star wars episode 6, during or before the battle of endor. Just imagine going wild fighting storm troopers, those walker things, at-ats, along with the heartless on their side. Then going to the death star to eventually help luke go on a 2v2 against darth vader and palpatine, or maybe Palpatine dosent even die the way that he is supposed to and opens his heart to the darkness, becoming even more powerful.

And if you're not satisfied yet, here is an artists depiction and some shitty fan art.

Alternatively, they could base it on the Clone Wars TV show (which has a better matching art style and closer relation to Disney) and have Sora team up with Ashoka to defend a planet or some Jedi artifact. During this we could have a subplot with Anakin being tempted to the dark side by Palpatine, who could also be teamed up with Xehanort and control heartless. In the end Sora & pals seemingly solve everything and depart, however Palpatine succeeds in deceiving Sora and continues with his plans.

This can then lead to a continuation in a future game where Sora returns after the rise of Darth Vader.

Yeah, too bad it's certain that if we got Star Wars it would be with Disney's OC pls donut steele cast

It is not like they would use the characters from the new movie in it, that would be a terrible idea

I find your lack of faith disturbing
archive.is/2gArZ

Today you allow them to censor underwear, tomorrow you get shit like Censorblade X.
Never compromise.

That would probably be unlikely because KH already did 2 worlds with realistic looking characters. Tron Legacy and Pirates:OTC So why cant they do more? They always base their shit off of movies too from what I remember. But hey, life is full of a lot of unexpected outcomes.

Always good to be pessimistic nowadays so your expectations cant be lowered anymore. We are most likely going to get a SW world because of Nomura liking the series, but i just hope Disney doesn't take a huge shit on the game and does what you said. They really should know what to make for their fans, unless if they actually WANT to piss us off.

There's literally nothing wrong with Xenoblade X localization other than goofy accents and slang. You're a fag.

You just trying to hide the pain behind ironic shitposting.
You'll never learn jap and will never play your open world mecha game like you always dreamed to.
You're already dead.

No, I'm just telling you that you blow things out of proportions and that you're a faggot.
The Japanese part is true, though.

You're a goddamn retard. The change from BB to mimiosome is a pretty big change. I played a patched version of the English game, and I barely know any Japanese, but even I can safely say there's a few important shifts. Sage for off topic.

We will learn Japanese

So close, mate, so close.

Maybe next time

For the fag that complains KH 1.5 is censored, there are plenty of panty shots in KH 2.5. I don't know why it was removed from 1.5, but considering the bitching I read in gamefags while looking for an screenshot, I'm not surprised.

So then people should play 1 on the PS2 for the uncensored version and then 2.5

What do you mean?

Nah, I still insist that the censorship is an stupid reason to not play 1.5 compared to all the fixes the 1.5 version have, mostly control fixes that not even the PS2 Final Mix had.

PC is full of autists. Autist + Autism is not good. And I don't want them to gloat over having a franchise when they laughed their asses on it.

PC+Kingdom Hearts=Awesome Sora gangbangs in 3d.

Yeah, that.

What do you mean?

Is this the best spell in the entire game? Will there be an upgrade for it?
These fights are still fucking bullshit since half of bosses' shit one shot you, and repeating them all over again takes shitloads of time, but god damn with reflect I'm fucking invincible.

You wont understand the story anyway just play 2

Behold, the grimoire!

I don't even fucking feel spoilered.
Holy shit.
How does gameplay of 358/2 days and BBS compares to 2FM? I'm still playing 2FM and the combat is god tier. Doesn't it get worse on weaker consoles?

358/2 days is really limited and repetitive. Is impressive for a DS game, but other than that, is just KH1FM with missions. Only play it if you're hooked to the story or want to know more about Roxas.
BBS is, again, KH1FM but with a lot of elements from KH2. People consider it the best combination of KH1 and 2 since it takes all the right elements from both games. Is completely worth it.

358 also has criminally underrated multiplayer

358/2 is a 3D game right? What was DS emulator that could actually increase internal resolution of 3D games?

DeSmume.

It makes the game painfully slow though.

And why couldnt they do that for the 1.5 remake instead of giving us a movie instead? Is it too hard to up the resolution and make it playable for the ps3?

Oh gosh, I'll get to play as Roxas full time? Will they let me DOOL WHEELD keyblades full time?
Valor form in KH2 is the best shit.

Yes, and you can play as all of Org XIII plus some extras, like Sora, Mickey and Riku.

If only some kind user could make an HD UI, at least for the health and command bar.

Although that could have been great,the problem is that it's really fucking lazy to do that. Look at the Axel model, it was clearly made for a really small and pixelated screen, it looks good, but a little off too. Some assets are sprite based too so they had to remake those.
Also, still salty that BBS 2.5 doesn't have multiplayer at all.

Yeah, you can, I don't remember how, but by the end you can And that explains why he can wield 2 keyblades, actually.

It's mission mode only and tied to specific keyblades

Can't you use cheats to unlock everything from mission mode to the main story?

That sounds fun, too bad by the time I was done using cheats in Pokemon Diamond it doesn't load every time now. Not worth the risk unless you have an Arfoire

Bump

Let it die, user.

Reminder that to play as true Xemnas though you need to use cheats

Let it die, user.

BUMP

Hey dude, eat shit, Haley Joel Osment is based

I'll never respect anyone talking shit about Haley voicing Sora.
Regardless if you think he did a good job or not, the guy fucking LOVES kingdom hearts and he LOVES voicing Sora.
He has a genuine passion towards the series and the character, it's pretty rare for a VA to like his role as much as he does.

Also, because for some reason no one has posted autism again even tho it should be obligatory in every KH thread, here's autism.

I remember fucking doing this myself, if there was anything more genuine of a sign of my autism it was that.

Never had the patience to get to 99 to 100 though, and I only did it that one run of the game.

I crown you king autism.
Here's even more autism for your autism.

How high did you get?

I don't understand. Isn't that just the proper way to play?

I don't understand the "i'm fucking insane" part either.
That being said the PS3 ports have better camera controls for KH1, and both KH1 and 2 come in their FM versions, translated in english, so they're more or less the best way to play those games at the moment unless you're planning on speedrunning them.

The PS4 re-release might become the best version but japanese games have a lot of functions tied to the framerate and bumping KH1FM and KH2FM on 60 fps might break a lot of shit and make the games buggy as fuck if sqaure doesn't know what they're doing.
…and they probably don't.

Speaking of VA, Kingdom Hearts has always had pretty decent VAs for the characters. Wonder who they'll get to replace pic related now that Nimoy's dead.

Think about the level needed for Guard and then some, which took a bit of time. Don't really remember due to me being a bit young back then.

Might I humbly request Aqua lewds?

what?

Just when I thought I've seen all forms of autism.

Xemnas in his white and black twilight coat is in the game, but only accessible by cheats.

Xemnas in the original build was too overpowered, but they couldn't edit his actual stats without making him look like a bitch so instead they just cut all of his speed in half. If you ever play 358's multiplayer you need at least 2x speed with action replay to play as him without the nerfs

Only one I have is my waifu bullying her
Nice dubs though

Wait really? I never found that

I see, they should have made him like Roxas dual wield, he was OP in the main game but a regular character in mission mode.

Well the thing is he is still OP, just too slow to make use of it
Also I could've sworn the story mode thing was done with either a forced gear or dropping the Neoshadows' defense to Deserter levels

General rule, EVERYTHING is some form of autism.

Oh my God.

There are better ways to play KH1 specifically, almost every way, since even the FM version lacks the fixes of the PS3 port. There's really no reason to play KH1 on PS2 or emulate it other than being poor which is an stupid excuse considering CFW exists
And yeah, nips don't give a shit about FPS to begging with. Is the PS3 re-release just that orthey¡ll remaster some things? Will all the games be released this time or just the ones in 1.5/2.5?

I forgot that he died ;_;
As long as it isn't some mediocre piece of shit, as in a totally new VA.

Every time.

Ansem's dead too

Here you go.

I can think of a few people who could replace Ansem's VA, at least.

Man, there were some fucking amazing english VAs in KH
So how the fuck is Aqua's performance passable?
She's even voiced by a well known actor, not just some nobody

good VA

she sounded like she has aspergers

I think that's the point he was making

You're not only poor but dying of hunger, apparently.

whats funny is that the best VAs in the games are not game VAs

Haley Joel Osment = Sora

Mandy Moore = Aerith from the first game was the best Aerith hands down

i don't believe for a second that a Japanese person wrote any of James wood's Hades lines in any of the KHgames. holy shit he is so good .

Can confirm, Alyson Stoner has only been in the KH games and a Phineas game

Ok let's get this straight.

Why cuck the duck is so shit, and how can I make at least some use of him in gameplay when I don't have guest party member?

I don't know, fam. Also, Donals is pretty cool if you configure it right and he is useful for certain builds. Although Goofy is always more useful. I guess that's why they decided to "kill" Goofy and not Donald for a while.

Magic sux, more at 11

versus
I get that fast run will be needed to get some puzzle pieces and/or access new areas, but in combat dodge roll wins it 100%.

Also why nobody ever talks about gummi ship part?
I generally hate shmups but absolutely love building and flying my own frankenstein monsters, especially when they work.
How come there is no separate, full game about building your own death machine? This kind of shmup I'd absolutely play.

gummi ship in the first game was horrid

2nd game was fun as fuck because you were not forced to make one.

This is one of those series that are so autistic by nature (disney characters mixed with FF characters) and have such convoluted stories that i'd rather stay the fuck away from them.
Fuck this noise.

Shit, I completely forgot about that part in KH games.
In all honestly Gummi should have been it's own fucking thing like an square enix version of Starfox or something.

Just play KH1 whatever version is available to you, even vanilla is good.
About convoluted stories and stuff - you do play games for gameplay right, KH has some great gameplay, especially considered its age.

Is there really no shmup with building mechanic? It's amazing how some small minigame is better than the entire genre.

Just this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_Works:_Build,_Trade,_Destroy

I actually had more fun with the first version then the second one from what I remember and I don't know why.

because you were younger and retarded.

I took an screen of Tinkerbell panty shot. Is literally the first thing you see in Neverland.

If you think the story is convoluted, why would you care where or how you play it?

FTFY

Tink's panties are part of her original design.
What about panties that matter?!

It had quite a bit of customization for being basically a mini-game I never used anything but the basic ship you start with

How did you do that?

I uh pressed print screen?

Some of the high end ships and high tier missions are extremely fun. Editing said ships also helps, like removing all manual lock on lasers and putting auto tracking ones usually breaks the game.

I must admit, this actually made me mad. On the bright side, my UI is better than yours.

All of my keks. This gonna be great.

Totally worth it eh?

Yeah, totally.

I don't know how KH does it, but it does it.

At least my health bar is a circle and not an oval.

Oh right, you're filthy casual playing on brain dead difficulty too.
We have full picture now.

It doesn't matter if it's an oval, a circle, a rectangle, or the shape of a fucking penis, as long as it accurately tells you how much health you have, nothing else matters.

What? Quick Run has invul frames. I used it to dodge through LW's Ultima Cannon or Xaldin's hyperbeam-esque attack.

Dodge Roll is still better, but Quick Run still has its uses.

Oh, never mind, the angle had me thinking you were playing as a midget Sora

Game has pretty fucking big FOV.

At least my perfect circle of a health bar doesn't take half the screen either.

10/10 holy shit. I should've played it 10 years ago. Time to 100% this shit.
When was the last time you 100% a game, Holla Forums?
Also that jap trailer about knights and shieet was super hype. Is that for BBS? Can you actually wear armor in that game?
Either way I gonna play the shit out of BBS after I'm done with fucking journal and all optional bosses.

???
Maybe you confuse with hard modes from Dragon's Dogma and Way of the Samurai series, where they just inflate stats on enemies, but in KH critical mode is the opposite of that. Think DMC3-4 approach.

Yup, I'm a big fag

I was talking about proud mode. I actually tried proud mode on KH1, went with +sword-shield and in Tarzan I quitted. I never played critical, though.

Yes.

Kinda.
BBS doesn't have gummiships, because canonically it's before the gummi layer around every world was obliterated so the only way to travel is special portals that keyblade wielders can use and to traverse them they use special keyblade armor which is what you see. I think the final world is the only one where you actually wear the armor, because the final world basically recreates that cutscene just with playable segments.

Also, semi-related: Is KH:BBS' secret boss still the hardest one in the series?

Which one? Young Xehanort, the Armor or the Wolf Heartless?

You also use the the armor in the mirage arena.

With custom colours

Forgot about that. I really need to play it, But I'm stuck in RECoM, the bosses are so goddamned hard and I still gotta do Riku's Story.

Setzer from VI shows up as does Vivi from IX

Are you using sleights? Do you have potions in your deck? I played Re:CoM a few years back on the regular difficulty and only had trouble with the final boss

Sleight the shit out of them and they die, use some bosses cards that help with that like the one that prevent them from breaking your cards or that doubles your normal card damage To not waste sleights in the first few recharges
You can rush Riku's story since there's not a lot to it. It's cool to have already made decks, even when it makes it kind of hard, but you don't have to explore or farm heartless.

It's kind of shitty, I really want more FF characters too,specially since X is shit. I understand that KH came out around the time FFX was a thing, but come on… I also think that at the time there wasn't a clear representation of characters from the other FFs, except for IX and VI, but FFV never made it to the west and you barely heard people talk about IV. I and III characters were empty vessels and no body gives a shit about II.

They should add shit from their more obscure games. They had Xenogears in WoFF, why not KH?

So how does nobody system works?
Are they just spawned randomly somewhere when person's hearts get separated from his body? And they disappear with their memories being transferred back to the original person when he get his heart back?

But sora got himself back together after about 2 minutes after becoming heartless, while Kairi's body was without heart for the entirety of the 1st game.
But he heart was in Sora, so she didn't become heartless, how Namine exists then?
Does Nomura even know how his shit works exactly?

Just don't worry about it user, whatever explanation you get now will be completely incorrect after the next game's retcons.

Some fucking mushroom god gave me little gay crown.
Does this mean I'm done with the game?

There's two more forms to that crown

I want to fug Xion

Was PS2 pinnacle of video games?

They all look the same, user, only hair styles and colors are different.

Hands off degenerate

Is right but I'll try to answer anyways.

Pretty much.

Not quite. See below.

I don't know if I can adequately explain how Sora got brought back since Heartless have been a contradictory creation from the get go. They are created when one's heart is stolen, but they are also, simultaneously, the DAHKNESS in one's heart.

The reason Kairi remained a normal human (albeit catatonic) in KH1 is because she is a Princess of Heart. She has no DAHKNESS in her heart to corrupt her into a Heartless. Despite us seeing her body is still intact this event created her Nobody. Which had power over Sora specifically because their hearts were that close.

No. I recall reading on the wiki once someone asked him about why and how Riku randomly handed Kairi a keyblade towards the end of 2. His panel pretty much said they hadn't figured out a justification for that yet.
So pretty much they just kinda do asspulls for the lulz and write around it later.
This is also how the secret teaser trailers at the end of 1 and 2 work. They just show off some ideas they brainstormed then tell the writers to make it work somehow.

Go clear out the Cavern of Remembrance and all the bosses at the end of it to upgrade it again. Another upgrade is available by beating the dark portal in Disney Castle.

Personality aside, isn't that the point? I'm way more into girls with dark hair and light eyes rather than blonde hair and blue eyes.

I beat the game on the hardest difficulty. I just used Demyx's card to double ice damage then ran nothing but the components for Frost Raid.
Though I also had my deck autisticly tuned so that once all my Blizzards were eaten by sleights, and I ran out of potions, the remaining cards formed perfect combos. Eventually I added Roxas to compliment these combos, but he's too expensive until late game.

It also helps to keep a couple zeros handy and map one to your shortcut button.

*obviously my deck needed to be converted to fire raids for Vexen.

The heartless is a manifestation of the darkness in the heart cloaking the heart itself. There's also pureblood heartless (Shadows) and artificial heartless (Soldiers) to take into account

The best approach for these games is probably just to get invested in the emotion of the moment without stopping to think about it too hard. That's pretty much what I did when I played KH2 years ago.

PLACE YOUR BETS
HOW OFTEN WILL PIC RELATED BE IN KH3

2 cutscenes at the beginning and never again

He'll be a secret boss

They just wasted 3+ hours of my life on mcfucking nothing. Good thing I decided not to bother emulating this piece of shit.
After grandiose KH2 this is fucking shit. SHIT!

Oh boy, you're gonna get flamed to death.

It's fucking nothing. They did nothing. Nobody didn't do nothing.
Even a goddamn Re Chains has something called Riku mode, that actually gives relevant character's character development, as well as proper introduction of Mickey, even though main mode was a waste.
Here we didn't get shit.

As someone who played the DS game, I thought the movie version (Ironically) failed to capture what was good about the story. You can barely get attached/hooked to anything that's going on because it's going too fast. Or just skipping over parts. The Mission based gameplay complimented the way the game flowed.

But most people don't seem to like the gameplay, so it's kind of a double edged sword.

Exactly. It would be like watching only Persona 4's cutscenes and trying to understand why people are attached to the character of Nanako. It's part of the story told through the gameplay.

Isn't gameplay just "whack monsters until they die"? All additional "story through gameplay" in previous games were little cut scenes during summons/co-op limits, not much else. I can't see days having anything more than that.

Days cribs its progression from Persona 3/4 rather than previous KH games. Rather than exploring dungeons world one at a time, you go through day by day and complete a couple missions with different objectives. Because of this, there's tons of little dialogues between characters that update every day, as well as repeated escort missions (and reverse escort missions) that build up the characters. You don't just get that from a cutscene clipshow.

One of the things I liked about chains is that he had a more or less important role. And on DDD he had an important role in the Pinocchio world too, obviously.

You have seem to miss the point. You should have read the diary entries and the secret entries. I watched the PS3 movie too, and it was shit. I still don't get why they couldn't just redone the game.
It shows why Axel cares so much about Roxas since he is his best friend and shows why Roxas and Axel betrayed the Organization. I admit that Xion is only a device for character development for both of them.
She was supposed to be the keyblade wielder of the organization by stealing Roxas power, which she did, but once she realized she didn't want to do so and that's why she tries to run the entire game. That leads me to the next point.
The only point I'll give you is that you barely hear of the other organization members, they should have included them more, specially the ones that go to Castle Oblivion.

It isn't a waste, fag.

Sometimes you take the characters on missions with you and in the organization lobby you could speak with the other members and stuff each day.

I know the difference between purebloods and artificial heartless, but didn't think the distinction mattered for my explanation. But I do thank you for the clarification.
I mainly recall the beginning of KH1 when you walk into Traverse Town's second district and see a guy get turned into a heartless. I could have swore I remembered a heart flying up from him before he turned into a Heartless. Which is where all my confusion came from.

This TBH. Then come and laugh about it with us later.

If I remember correctly didn't the heart turn into the soldier?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This fucking series, none of the naming makes sense, why is kingdom hearts 4 coming out before 3, who thought 2.8 final chapter prologue was an acceptable name and why does 3 keep getting delayed?

That it does! This left a splinter in my brain that this conversation pushed deep enough in that I finally went to check out a video with TT's cutscenes. The man does indeed fall down, and his heart flies out, not up as I recalled, but a few feet to the side. The heart does turn into a soldier and the man isn't seen again. Presumably his body went on to become a husk.

Either way this still makes Kairi's revival of Sora odd. Since it isn't like there was a spare body lying around he could use. I guess we can just chalk that up to "a wizard did it."
Though this does provoke another question, that I'm sure has been discussed at length before: When Sora used the Keyblade of Heart to free Kairi why didn't Ventus' heart fly out too? I can only rationalize that since his heart was literally broken it welded together with Sora's heart.

user what are you talking about?

This is what everyone has been asking since it was announced.

Whoops, meant Dusk.

What? No?
You play KH1, then you play KH2.
Then you wait for KH3.
The rest is fanservice and can be played/skipped in any order as it bears no real relevance.

It flew out into Roxas
Sora spends the remainder of 1 and REchain as a Light version of a heartless

Man, you are going to be so confused by all the characters they're gonna introduce

I should stop posting while tired as this was obvious.

This is a very odd thought, but I can get behind it.

That's why Sora had to become complete again, ignoring the fact that some his memories ended up in Roxas as well

Another thought, since Xion and Namine are technically offshoots of Kairi, wouldn't they technically be 8th and 9th princesses of heart?

Is the manga worth reading?

No.
It's shit.

Some parts yes, most of it's good

Is it really so much worse? Or everybody got burned out?