A lot of people were disappointed with Dark Souls 3. I see why, but I can't be. I can't not have good memories of it

A lot of people were disappointed with Dark Souls 3. I see why, but I can't be. I can't not have good memories of it.

And it's because of this fucking boss.

Soul of Cinder wasn't the hardest, but it was inspiring catching up with his different movesets. Gwyn in the second phase, theme to boot, made it a perfect bookend if this really is the last Souls game. I can go on about the little details that I remember, like the way the fight starts; little twists like how he delays his sword attack to catch you out if you roll too early; the lore being a complete tribute to everyone who's cleared each game. They even nailed the look of the battle arena itself, with the darksign in the sky, yet flowers to hint at hope for a new beginning.

I don't like many things about Dark Souls 3. But if it did one thing right, it was designing a narration into its boss fights, without need for any cutscene or dialogue. And this one made me think of each memory I had with all three games.

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/115931
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/115967
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop trying to fuck with the reddit spacing meme. His post is fine. All you are trying to do is make it look like people just accuse a post of I'm a nigger to get anons to stop using it.

I haven't played three yet so I can't say I have much of an opinion. Some of the items look cool, but I am put off by how the poise works. It reminds me too much of DS2. Personally I liked DeS the most because of the ability to complete most of the areas in any order.

Oh yeah, I still need to beat this.
So fair the legion fight was the the one that stick with me the most, that and Gunder when we went all The Thing on you.
does

this

bother

you

faggot?

It's filtered if in quotes… ok…

I know Trump was elected but that dosen't mean walls of text are suddenly acceptable formatting.

This shitty boss made you like the whole game? lmfao

Fuck off with this shitty forced meme. I don't even know where this came from.

probably reddit

OH NO YOU DON'T, SKELETON!
DO YOU HAVE THE PERMITS TO RISE FROM THE DEAD LEGALLY?!

this was just a meme that was started by DkS2 newfaggs and Namco bandai shills who where salted about their precious B-team did not Hidetaka Miyazaki.

My one big gripe was that I wish it was a bit less linear. I loved how Demon's and the other games did it, but in this one each playthrough goes through mostly the same areas in order. Once you get to the halfway point it opens up a lot and then I feel a lot freer.

I love the weapon design, the enemies and particularly the lore in 3, though. Some of the best yet.

mainly since one good boss doesnt make the game magically good.

word filter fucked up

just fixed it

Soul of Cinder was nice but I can't get over how short and linear the game as a whole was.
I mean, fucking DS2 was less linear than this; not counting the three optional areas (Consumed King's Garden/Dark Shrine, Archdragon Peak, and Smoldering Lake), there are only three points in the entire game where you have a choice between two areas, and for all of them you need to do both in order to progress anyway.

The biggest problem is that Fromsoft needed more time to polish up the game, maybe a year to get all the pieces right. The bosses in general are fantastic to fight, that is the one thing that has consistant polish with Wolnir being the one that's lacking, probably due to a change in lore that shifted his design mechanic.

When it comes to level design things get more polarizing. DS3 has some of the best level design in the series but also has some of the worst. Catacombs, Demon Ruins, Smoldering Lake, Profaned Capital are complete disasters with Irithyll and Acrhdragon Peak being really lacking in interesting level design.

The world design of DS3 sucks. In fact it's the worst out of the SoulsBorne series. people blame the insta travel but even if that was removed you would still have the same issue that you end up doing everything in the same order because there is so little choice on where to go on repeat playthroughs.

Magic is more supplementary than ever which means you HAVE to have melee for your character to be viable. Sure you could say it's easy to take out enemies and bosses when your build is done, however this only makes sense when your build is at optimal level with the power increasing rings and maxed out spell equipment otherwise you're fucked as a pure spell caster.

Adding all this together with a low boss and area count, makes the game feel incompete and barren.

My main complaint about DS3 is how few memories I have from it. I remember a few bosses and blue Castlevania town, that's it. The rest was so boring it's completely blurred together in my head. By comparison I remember every inch of DS1 and a good chunk of DS2 for good and ill.

Why?
So basically you're upset that the game is linear? Yeah but there are plenty of linear games that are considered very well done, and to some extent the first two games were linear. Furthermore, each major area provides you with multiple pathways that lead to the goal, and also shortcuts that loop back into the level. Yeah, some of these shortcuts are superfluous and some of them are totally unnecessary, fine, but the majority of them are useful. Undead Settlement has two major routes that lead to the Giant Archer's tower, and a third unconventional route that involves jumping off a cliff to bypass a segment of the area. There is the optional area in the sewers and area with the Stray Demon. Crucifixion Woods, Farron Keep, and Smouldering Lake are open ended areas with a lot of enemies spaced out between environmental hazards (the giant ballista; the poisonous water, small enemies that can swarm you and attract larger enemies). Irythyll, Lothric Castle and Cathedral of the Deep have numerous pathways among them and some sense of upwards progression that crescendos with a boss battle or shortcut that ties the whole level together.

So, I don't know. I mean, yeah it's linear but I think the levels are mostly well done, barring a few exceptional and pointless additional shortcuts or areas that didn't get enough attention (the poisoned cathedral area of Profaned Capital, for example).
Kill yourself
It's always been this way, though I suppose you're right in saying that by the time you acquire the ability and spells for your build you'll have completed a large portion of the game with whatever garbage melee weapon you've been using to cut through foes, thereby making the entire process of empowering your character with the appropriate stats a waste of time. I don't it's too much of a problem because you can use your magic as a primary mode of attack and fall back on a magically enchanted weapon to help you survive when you run out FP.

Gwyn was a much more successful "narration" built into a boss fight, though. Soul of Cinder would be a generic, ps2 action-game style end boss with that arena and that "epic theme" if it didn't call back to the DS1 fight at all, so I think the credit pretty much belongs to the first game for all the things you're talking about.

SOC has an excellent variety of moves making for a very fun fight though. I think Gwyn without parries is still harder but that's probably just me.

I'm still angry about poise. It'd be such a good game if Miyazaki didn't have a hard-on for light armor and use this stupid hyperarmor shit.

I love Dark Souls 1 and 3 equally, and mechanically DS3 is superior, a proper evolution and improvement over DS1.
All the complaints I hear are pants on head retarded and are outright casual.
DS1 still has better world, lore and music, but gameplay wise DS3 is the best souls game to date.
That being said I haven't played Bloodborne neither I consider it a part of souls franchise despite all the similarities. It might turn out to be a better game, but I refuse to play shit on 30 fps. I know it's my loss, but muh principles.

Now that its been popular to hate DS3 for real reasons its now becoming popular to like because people dislike it.

Bloodborne is still worth playing, even if it is 30 fps. It plays much more aggressively than a Souls title, where your survival depends almost solely on dodging, and everything about the game is sped up, from dodges itself to healing to enemy attack patterns. It's most stand-out features that to me make it worth playing are the weapons, the world, and the style oozing from everywhere. The game doesn't feature a fuckload of weapons like Dark Souls, but each weapon is pretty well fleshed out, with some sort of transformation gimmick that makes each one feel different from one another, and it introduced charged strong attacks. My personal favorite weapon is the Kirkhammer, which has what I consider the most satisfying charge attack in the whole game, next to the Stake Driver if you can land it.

A big drawback about the game is the lack of build variety, which comes from the game being a very lean Dark Souls, with a lot of the fat cut out. When you level up, you only have a choice between 6 stats (Health, Stamina, Strength, Skill, Arcane, and Bloodtinge). Combined with the low number of weapons, no equip weight, and armor being for the most part cosmetic, you can't go as crazy as you can with a Dark Souls title. I said earlier the weapons are one of the game's stand-out features, but it's somewhat of a double-edged sword; you have more complex weapons, but you have less weapons to choose from. The Old Hunters DLC adds a few more crazy weapons (I mean some crazy shit: an axe with a buzzsaw at the end, a sword you stab yourself with that becomes a big blood sword to name the ones I remember).

At the end of the day, still one of my favorite titles from 2015, but I wouldn't buy a PS4 just for it.

Such as what? No more casual crutches? Interconnected world sacrificed for better level design? Even difficulty curve that still can get bypassed if you look hard enough?
Name me on "real" reason there faggot.

Guess that's why it has less bosses, huh, champ?

I wish the weapon arts were better in DS3. Most of the time I never even bothered using them anyways because they were so limited in using or just had not much of an advantage over just using my normal moveset.

I think the order should have been reversed, where you fight Gwyn again as an emphasis the cycle repeats itself, then suddenly "Oh shit I'm fighting myself".

It was still satisfying and (what I hope to be) a great way to end the franchise.

Dark Souls 3 fucked up because everything that happens in it feels like it has no consequence. From the get go you just go on auto pilot, moving through uninteresting areas picking up uninteresting items that have nothing to do with anything while killing bosses because they block you from going to the next area.

Not once did I feel like I was plundering a once great land, cleaning up the powerful creatures left behind and discovering hidden relics. Just run to the end of the hall, kill a boring boss that is there because ??? and then pop the bonfire, repeat until ng+. At least in DaS2 everything was new, we had a new land, loads of new weapons and armour sets, new items with new rules within the new time period. Now I know that it pulled the stupid shit of making you kill a bunch of shit for seemingly no reason and then trying to tie it into 1 in a crappy way but it felt and looked different from DaS1.

The world building is chaotic in regards to quality, some areas are nicely designed in regards to bonfire placement and general layout (irrythyl dungeon/cathedral of the deep/undead settlement) but no area gets enough time to shine. Having a hub that you return to via warping and having warping from the get go was a massive mistake and I don't know why they would carry that over from 2 after it was so poorly received. Enemy design seems like it can't decide if its DaS1 or BB, since some enemies move and attack like they're on bath salts while others constantly move everywhere with their shields up.

The story/lore is the biggest downgrade of all since this is the 5TH time in a row now that they've scrapped everything and tried to make everything new whilst constantly including references to other games. The transition from DeS to DaS warranted a complete change which is understandable but DaS felt so fleshed out with its world and story that you never got the impression that it was a carry on from DeS. DaS2 scrapped nearly everything from 1 so it wouldn't have to try and continue it since they knew they sucked ass, but the excuse of it being in a different place, thousands of years in the future made that acceptable. With 3 they just shat the bed and decided "throw everything in there! New land that isn't new since its lordran somehow, we'll explain it with lands and time shifting!" which gets mentioned about once and is promptly forgotten. They had an opportunity to set the game somewhere that we know about, like catarina or vinhelm but they didn't, since that would require work. If they come up with some lame "everything can be here because magic" that means they can dump all of their old assets and 'lore'

Basically, the major thing that ruined it for me was the lack of consistency in quality. At least with DaS2 the game had consistent quality, even if that quality was mediocre at best. 3 just feels like 2 entirely different groups of devs just chipped in a few things here and there and some poor asshole had to piece it together like a film cutter. Also why the fuck does 3 look like such dog shit when BB, which came out before it on inferior hardware, looks 10x better?

Yea, no. DS3 has the worst PvP in the entire series and was, at best, uninspired and "safe". At least DS2 tried new stuff.

Fuck you for making me defend DS2.

Casual detected.

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT

LET ME PLAY AS A FUCKING BOSS THAT'S FUCKED UP MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS AGAIN

DADDY SKELETON

DADDY SKELETON WAAAAAAH

FUCK ALDRITCH

Also I feel I should add an idea I had for DaS3 that would be far better than what we got.

The main attraction should have been the road of sacrifices. The plot should have hung around that massive pilgrimage of hollows to castle lothric. You start out the game in a makeshift cemetery at the start of that giant road/wall. The game would revolve around trying to get to the castle which would require you to descend into the depths underneath the bridge to fight bosses in order to maneuver around broken parts of the bridge. With this they could have kept the warping to the hub and their desire for linear world design, whilst providing a more interesting story concept. This could've been expanded upon more by allowing shortcuts to certain optional areas that would be activated after clearing bosses or exploring diversions.

You're a casual nigger, we get it.

This

Also, they deny the satisfaction that comes from perfecting a run from the bonfire to the boss gate without taking damage while going as quickly as possible.

I'd be fine with bonfire warping if the only bonfires that exist are 1 at the start of the game and then a bonfire spawns in every boss arena after its killed.

As many have pointed out, I think the world design was just bad.
Sure, it's pretty good in comparison to the average RPG, but it just wasn't anything like the first one- there are almost no alternate routes.
The whole game is just a single line from start to finish, and an uninteresting one to boot. For me, it felt like they couldn't decide if the world wanted to feel like Bloodborne or Dark Souls.
The areas just feel completely dead and grey. It doesn't feel antique, hollowed out, or forgotten at all. It doesn't feel accursed.

Beyond that, the rehashing of lore, the lack of poise, weapons arts mostly being useless and uninteresting just kinda killed the game for me.
It's still a solid 7/10, but it pales in comparison to the first.

At least the firelink shrine maiden was qt, but the doll is still superior.

They really went full tryhard with DS3. It has fucking teleporting dog enemies. Teleporting. Dogs. Just for the sake of difficulty. All the enemies have infinite stamina. Bosses like Champion are just one never ending combo. Normal enemies launch into long combos faster than you can react no matter what weapon they are using. All while your character is basically at the same level as what you had in DS1, some slow normal fuck. And it still isn't very hard. More annoying that anything. Playing DS3 is like having someone constantly poke you in the head with a dull stick for a few hours. You are mildly pissed at the shit you have to put up with, but it's not painful enough to just give up. Things are also mostly unbalanced, with anything other than R1 spamming straight swords or pyro being significantly harder.

Stop trying to fit in, reddit.

Reddit spacing is each and every line

Like this here.

So maybe refresh yourself

Before you make stupid comments

You autist.

I have to admit; Dark Souls 3 has some of the worst pvp in the series - Even worse than DS2 at launch in some cases.

The invasion mechanic is too far tuned to the summoners favor; the ember system as it is right now pretty much prioritizes invasions to only when co-op is present, which honestly if it were like Bloodborne's system where summoning a co op spawned a bell ringing woman to summon invaders, that really wouldn't be as much of an issue. But because the odds are already stacked against invaders it makes for unfair gank fests at least 80% of the time. There goes the fear and reward for beating an invader when you have at least two people behind you when a dark spirit invades.

Also, good luck getting any awesome pvp as Blades of the Dark Moon because since you can't just invade worlds of the guilty (How it should fucking be) instead you're on a long priority list hoping that someone gets invaded which adds even more to ganks. Good luck getting any pvp in the swamp either and when you do it's almost always a clusterfuck that's just awful to navigate and find anyone once you do get summoned.

They had this last game to get pvp right. This is the game that should've gotten pvp as close to perfect as possible and all we get to improve it is half jerryrigged from broken poise, miracles that aren't viable in almost any capacity, pyromancy that's only good for 2-3 spells, mages which are fucked, too many fucking quality builds and an arena.

There wasn't enough difficulty and reason to watch your step in the environment. Too many annoying shield enemies. Those transforming symbiote enemies are fake difficulty as fuck (or maybe I just don't know how to beat them and need to git gud). Other than that it's just like any other Souls game, don't see any reason for it to be criticized too harshly next to the others.

Speaking of those transforming enemies, what was the deal with them anyway? I can't even remember if they get explained or mentioned at all, same with those flying twigs in lothric castle.

So many parts of 3 feel so underdeveloped, like they had an idea for something neat but forgot about it 5 minutes later

The symbiote enemies are supposed to be mutated humanity set in undead for far too long

Where was that explained? Also that brings up the question of why did they abandon the humanity system in favor for the ember system? Would've been more consistent to carry over the humanity sprites or better still, the effigies. The humanity effigies could have fit the fire theme since they need to be burnt.

They need to buff miracles hard, and make multiplayer not shit.

Invading is useless, since if a boss is defeated you can't invade that area, and apparently a person can only be invaded once per playthrough by means of the red eye orb (I don't believe that though, I'm fairly certain I've been invaded more than once).

Favoring invasions into worlds with 4 fucking players is absolutely retarded, along with all of the other disadvantages an invading red phantom is given. That being said, I have had some fun in invasions, I got into a guys world in Irithyll where whites, reds, the host and Aldritch faithfuls were sorta just chilling, I joined them in waving my weapon around while we circled around a warmth.

Your taste is bad and i am disappointed in you. This many years after 2008 you should demand better and know better user.

It's mostly implied because they're known name is Pus of Man; and they're weak to Farron Greatsword and Wolf Knight's Greatsword so they're definitely from the abyss, since the ones you encounter are so far away from Farron Swamp most people think it's just humanity that's just gone bad over the years. Which also explains why humanity isn't used anymore; on top of the fact you're not really undead anymore yourself; you're untended ashes formed from an undead who couldn't keep the fires going or rather someone who put themselves on the first flame and just wasn't strong enough to keep it going

Pus of man is explained a bit more in the DLC, from the Follower Torch description:

An offensive torch used by the Farron Followers. Provides light and doubles as a weapon

Some forms of the Abyss manifest as pus within the body, treated from ancient times with fire.

The coop system even managed to degrade the community further since any 8 year old can now beat the game with 2 sunbro buttbuddies. Who, by the way, get shat on too inside their Covenant because they have to deal with said 8 year olds trying to do the bosses.

Honestly I don't feel that bad for Sunbros when it's almost impossible if you've been co oping even without equipping it to not get 30 medals by the time you get to the statue to turn it in.

The fact they can get them from invasions and red soapstone is even more bullshit

Fucking hell user I had two seperate paragraphs explaining level design and world design how in the fuck did you miss it. Your point is moot because I'm not even talking about looping paths in levels, I specifically talking about the world design where the levels connect to each other.

As for the other DS games being linear, er no. DS1 allowed you to do any 1 of 8 bosses the minute you land in firelink, DS2 has 7 (though long winded as you would need a fragrant branch of yore from the gutter), DS3 has 2.

Stop taking shit user.

Well good, it hardly ever reaches 30 fps for more than like 20 seconds.

it's only on ps4 user

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Obviously I'd prefer BB to be 60fps rather than 30, but its framerate has been very stable ever since they patched it shortly after launch.

Old city can't reach 30 at all, even post patch.
Those smoke effects that they decide to just go to town with kill the fps

You really are missing out by not playing Bloodborne dude, if you already own a ps4 it's a must have. Bloodborne would be incredible with 60fps but it does mostly keep it's framerate stable, and remember Demon's souls sat somewhere around 24-30 which wasn't great but it was still an awesome game. It's sincerely my favourite game of all time and if you like the other games, you'll love Bloodborne to death.

I think a lot of DaS3's problems would be solved if they just slowed down movement in general. DaS does not lend itself well to quick movement, its not action oriented like BB was and if they wanted it to be they should have given players the quickstep. (Real quickstep, not the WA meme)

The world design is another issue I have with it. There are absolutely no useful shortcuts, there is absolutely no meaningful connections between zones nor reason to use them with bonfires fucking everywhere, there are no tight spots where perception and weapon choice is everything, zones in general are just too fucking open, you can backpedal just about everything in the game that might provide a decent challenge otherwise. I will say though that they really seem to have learned a lot in the DLC design, very good pacing with some neat trips like the falling snow, wolf ambushes/howls, and the spirit trees. Shame it was so short.

I have more than a few issues with Dark Souls 3. Was I disappointed by it? Absolutely. Was I disappointed by it a massive amount? Absolutely not.
My main issues are in the linearity, which makes every new character feel like a fucking slog to get through, in the combat, which doesn't know whether or not it wants to be Dark Souls or Bloodborne and ends up as a kind of slapped-together version of neither that is too fast for Dark Souls and too slow for Bloodborne (perfect example being the shitty three-stage DLC boss which is way too fast for a Dark Souls boss, leaving you essentially no time between attacks to recover and can often leave it feeling unfair, even if it is actually fair), and in the weapon balancing. Fromsoft has a gung-ho attitude to weapon balancing, in that if they see a weapon is being used because it's good, they'll just throw it into the trash in the next patch. A good example is the Exile Greatsword, which a lot of people liked because it's a fun weapon to use. After it started to see play, From nerfed the attack cancelling on it, so that it can essentially never interrupt a player in the start of an attack, something which much smaller swords can still do. They have no idea how to balance weapons correctly, and it really shows throughout the series. Dark Souls was magic memes and Darkmoon Blade/Falchion memes, Dark Souls 2 was hex one-shot builds and CLOWN DRILLS, Bloodborne is Whirligig Saw, and Dark Souls 3 is whatever fucking flavour of the month they haven't nerfed into shit just yet. It's all just really telling of a company that know how to make a fantastic world, and have great ideas for boss fights, but don't know how to make a fucking game. That being said I've played every game in the series, enjoyed every game in the series (even 2 yes), and I just hope that the final DS3 DLC will be a good send-off for the series, since it's the final thing Fromsoft will be doing with Dark Souls.

tl;dr fromsoft have no idea how to make games, but still somehow bumblefuck their way into good games

Honestly, if they left out the warping until x point in the game the shortcuts would have a shitload more value. I remember in 1 when I wanted to swtch focus from one place to another it was a goddamn pilgrimage only mitigated with various shortcuts.

If you can get it on sale for like 15$ with the dlc go for it.

It's basically a microchasm of what's wrong with the souls series.
Weapons all feel the same especially with such a small weapon pool. Build variety is near nonexistent and since armor is only cosmetic no real movement.
PvP is hands down the worst, you thought DS3 was bad? at least in DS3 you can get invaded without being in 2 specific areas. Don't worry you can get invaded in others too, but you have to have a buddy summoned.

I think it actually is on sale, or at least it was a few days ago with the DLC, my friend said it was on for $20 and included The Old Hunters

Did we play the same BB? Even the guns all feel different, its fucking intimidating when you first pick it up. Use those transformation attacks nigga.

But yeah the PVP wasn't very well thought out. Last I played it back in october though I had some luck getting summoned as an Executioner into Vileblood worlds, which was always hilarious.

Yeah the transformation attacks… the ones that change the damage type and speed…
That doesn't change the feel of the weapon when they all play the exact same. Kirkhammer's playstyle is the exact same in PvE compared to say.. whip cane. But that's because of no equip load, no armor variation, and no poise meaning you have to play dodge-man.

Oh you were talking BB. Welp.

Getting conflicted messages there. I was ready to buy PS4 for BB before I learned it's locked at 30. Ditto for PS4-2 or whatever it is called. Shit is boggling my mind.

You could not have picked a worse comparison, no they absolutely are not. The fact that you have to dodge things instead of block is irrelevant, you aren't supposed to be able to play turtle in BB and it was intended from the start, just look at the shield's (1 of a whopping 2) description.

Kirkhammer's playstyle is reliant on charge attacks and L2s when played properly, you don't really even touch the transformation attacks. If you're just spamming sword mode you're doing it so wrong, in fact I'd wager that why people think it sucks so much.

Cane's playstyle is heavily reliant on spacing(especially with the transformation attacks with whip mode and criticals as it is a SKL weapon and a SKL build should always be using criticals.

They should definitely patch it for the PS4 Pro, the game would benefit heavily.

except you attack during the exact same way, during the exact same time.
Leading to no variation in actual playstyle outside of what buttons you hit.

Saying they play differently is like saying the 20 assault rifles in cod play differently because they shoot at different speeds and do small amounts of damage difference

You need to try skill weapons my man

yeah, it's the same as STR, same as the 2 bloodtinge weapons.
It's just the fault of the souls style, but with so few weapons.

If you're talking about R1 spam, no you don't. I don't even know how you would come to that conclusion, especially with the the kirkhammer and cane. There is no fucking way you're going to be able to fit attacks into the same window with a kirk as you can with a cane it requires an entirely different thought process as mentioned, especially in charge attacks vs criticals.

I don't think you spent a lot of time with the game based on what you've been saying. Sorry but really I'd recommend giving it another shot and really slowing down to analyze the weapons.

I did more than you obviously. You're buying actual marketing, I can only assume without playing the actual game in the slightest. Number of attacks doesn't matter, because the damage of basically everything is standardized in such a way that almost every weapon will do about the same amount in the same timeframe.
The 20 year long charge on the stake driver, does roughly the same as just plain R1s from the saw cleaver, and this holds for just about every weapon with a few exceptions.
Notably the Chikage or pre-nerf spears

they won't tho, Sony said something about not patching MP games or something

All I ever hear is praise in regards to Bloodborne, and I suspect that a vast majority of the people who so willingly suck it's cock as though it's the quintessential and shining entry to the series are just Sonyggers and NeoFAGs who want to inflate the innate value of the game in order to make themselves feel some sense of superiority, as fanboys do, and also try to get outliers to come around to the idea of buying a PS4.

So, with that in mind, I ask you; what other problems do you think the game suffers from, and how do they relate to problems faced by the rest of the games in the series? You say the game is just a microcosm of the problems that the rest of the series faces, so explain, or perhaps link me to a video or some reading material that covers this game in depth.

Uhh.. No?

You are so full of shit.

Expand on this. What marketing? What am I "buying into" having played the game for upwards of 400 hours with a platinum to complete it? One of the few I can say I enjoyed getting in the series no less?

Except it does because stamina matters. A kirkhammer swing is going to rob you of far more stamina than a saw cleaver swing. Even negating the speed of these swings you're going to be shit out of luck for a dodge if you haven't got the stamina. This is souls 101.

A cane will absolutely not do the same in the same timeframe as a charged hammer smash. It could be more or less based on aa large number of attributes ranging from damage type resistance (righteous/blunt/normal/serrated) and if you're hitting with the sweetspot on the hammer or not.

No it doesn't. Again, damage types. Cleaver is serrated, stake driver is normal. Not to mention the long windup time on the driver pays off with a huge knockback and all of that damage in one chunk, as opposed to multiple hits which not only open you up to a visceral if your enemy knows what they are doing but requires you to hit the mark on a shit ton of hits.

The spears got nerfed ages ago, they are irrelevant and have been for a long time. The chikage requires you to play it unzipped, which drains your health. Moreover the BT requirement for that build robs your build of other stats.

This is silly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Gank squad based PvP. Bad Framerates even post patch. Really strange QoL ideas like having to warp twice to warp to any other lantern. Weapons really are incredibly similar, and quite a few of them don't even have a transformation gimmick, and the DLC weapons are some of the hands down best for each build.
Horribly weak magic/gunplay. Ranged isn't an option by design and as such you're going to be melee man. Even outside of that the bullet system limits your options as all magic/ranged attacks require bullets outside of a DLC weapon.

The really only thing the game does well is that surprise, it's victorian england cthulu which is going to get it's dick sucked until the end of time.

*in the Same timeframe
sorry forgot a bit.
But yeah nice vid of a +10 stake driver demolishing an early game boss.

So you don't know what you're talking about, and PvP in a souls game is an exercise in stupidity. Do you want to be hit by phantom weapons.

If we're doing a Dark Souls 3 thread:
Favorite PVE weapon(s)?
Favorite PVP weapons(s)?

You have no idea what you're talking about and do not expand upon your claims.

You are absolutely not worth arguing with. Enjoy hating something you never spent the time to understand and thinking anyone who does is "sucking its dick".

Ok

Alright, so you think that 405a34 is full of shit, but I think he brought up a few good points about souls games as a whole; shit like warping; incredibly similar weaponry that is touted as unique and different because it uses some gimmick; the inability to play a primarily ranged character from the start; terrible unbalanced PvP.

Now I fully admit, I have never played Bloodborne, so I don't know to what extent these problems are permeated in that game, so I'll ask you. What do you think makes Bloodborne different or exceptional in comparison to the rest of the series? Why is it constantly praised as being this shining beacon of quality? Even the best games are imperfect and prone to various types of problems, and this is surely no exception, right?

That still doesn't really show anything other than you can stack damage to 1 shot bosses?
I really don't know what you're trying to show here. You're not showing a comparison. You're showing NG+ minmaxing that's just cheesing around for fun?

I think we've had tons of these threads already, but I'll reiterate my point.

DaS2 was unenjoyable mess, but it had DLC that was better than the main game in every way. DaS3 as it continues with references to DaS, I thought was a very good game, albeit a bit short. I enjoyed it immensely, especially because I beat Yhorm without the Stormbringer, probably the longest and most enjoyable boss fight in the series due to that. Can't believe they made it into a gimmick boss, glad I didn't know.

I don't do PvP but I've heard bad shit about it, so can't comment on it. It was a worthy last installment to the series.

I only played it offline because I yo ho ho'd it and didn't bother applying the online patch but ended up just using the dark short sword or whatever it was that was considered broken in the early days of its release.

That reminds me of another thing about DS3 no one talks about as much anymore (maybe they fixed it?) but how fucking shitty the ultra great swords are in the game. I remember saving up to get 40 str needed for the one and being excited to use it… only to find out to was dog shit. Slow, weak, and completely outperformed by nearly everything else. What a fuckup

Build variety is heavily limited as is the world itself. Very linear. Soundtrack was mostly forgettable. Poise is shit and adds to the poor build variety.

However, there is still a lot of good. Lothric and Irithyll are top tier areas, some great bosses, the secret world of Dark, awesome fashion souls. It just isn't enough to top DS1.

I haven't really experimented with a variety of weapons. I think the Gottard Twinblades are pretty great because I usually play with a straight sword, and the twinblades allow you to shift between a straight sword moveset and a two handed variation of said moveset at will, which can be good for players who still want to use a shield but who are interested in learning how to play without one. It's basically a straight sword variant of a two handed weapon, "babbys first dool wield" weapon. If you're already acquainted with going without a shield, then there are better options to consider, but this weapon can be buffed and has decent reach along with a fairly useful moveset.

The point is you don't know what you're talking about. I'm showing that you can't get that kind of damage from most weapons. Go and find a video where someone has fully one shot with the saw cleaver's R1. Even Ray Dhmitri doesn't one shot like people who have full on One Shot builds using the stake driver.

Honestly? I wish DS3 had Parryable heals like Bloodborne did. It'd definitely add more depth and panic to pvp and make ranged builds a bit better

Dont bother user, the bloodborne fags are kvetching. They dont care about logic anymore, they have to defend "their game".

yeah, I said same timeframe, eribatas goes down in about one second with that setup no matter the weapon.

Okay, initial ebritas video, starts at 0:18, but health bar doesn't come up til 0:27, then he dodges, gets close to her, charges and kills her within 10 seconds after at 0:37. He's at about 171 BL with pretty powerful but not OP cursed gems by the looks of it.

Here is Ray Dhimiri, level 544 max level you can get in Bloodborne, max gems on him, NG+7. Look at the damage he does with 3 R1s then compare that to the stakedriver again. about 3-4 r1s is about the same time as charging up the stake driver. You can say "Oh but more health in NG+7" but the point is, the same amount of time you can get about 4 R1s at most and get maybe about 5k-6k at most. That guy did 12k with only okay gems. Do you not get it now?

you mean 11k right?
because that's how much he does

he's also not buffed at all. Compared to the other guy who was max buffed.

At 1:34 I see he does 4898 damage in total with 4 r1s The only buff the other guy does is Beast Pellets. Most of the damage comes from Charged attack gems and Phys attack up while near death.

Dhimitri uses the opposite gems, Phys attack up while full life, which is why he does no damage videos. They're the exact same gem set ups for damage just one operates on full life the other close to death

you know beast pellets are 70% additional, and poorman's have better damage than the fulllife variants.

Grundyr was a better fight.

Yeah without the stormsword they could have made Yhorm an excellent fight where you have to bait him to smash his weapon on the ground so you can attack his weak points, his head and arms.

Massive missed opportunity.

This was just brought to my attention, can someone find a source or possibly look through the metadata? The filename indicates an iPhone was used to take the picture, direct upload.

Fine, you wanna go with raw numbers, we'll go raw numbers. You still know the timing on the charged transformed stake driver when measured is about the 3 hit combo on a saw cleaver un-transformed. The Raw modifier for the stakedriver at +10 is x3.55 at 170 AR for a charged R2 transformed which is 603.2 This is at level 120 with no gems and base stats to wield

The R1 on a saw cleaver untransformed is x1.04, x1.06, and x1.09 (It's actually less hits transformed at x0.97, x1.00, and x1.02, weirdly enough) with an AR of 180. Per hit on the combo that's 187, 190, 196 which adds up to 573 also according to the wiki at 120 base stats to wield and no gems.

Underrated comment.
DS1 deserves the respect for how good DS3's final boss was.

It's bullshit, they wouldn't give an exact release date for something so far away, especially considering the active and unstable development of the PS4 Pro.

Only thing I can tell it's from some BRs twitter posted back in July.

yeah that's really close.
Also yeah the transformed mode of the cleaver is garbage, I really don't get why they went with that. Same reason on… shoot I forget what weapon, but it got patched out in Old Hunters. But it's second hit had a higher mod than it's third hit, so it was better to do 2 dodge 2 than a full combo.

I think the implication was that in the endless bullshit cycle everyone just got finished with an age of darkness, and just sitting around looking at the fucking abyss will mutate your ass. First the red eyes, then the full body mutation. Hence why Gundyr is red-eyed in the past, but after sitting around in the same spot for a good while the abyss takes over and he becomes gooey.

Something that's bothered me for awhile, why is the undead curse only applicable to you? It implies that everyone undead just comes back to life after you kill them, which makes sense for regular enemies, but if you kill an NPC you legit kill them, so are they not fucking undead then? How are they dying? How are you NOT dying? It's inconsistent. Oh then there's the fact that fire keepers are supposedly immortal too but only in dark souls 3.

Most NPCs that you mostly come across are Unkindled ash, not actually undead. The exceptions are Yuria, Anri and Horace, which are or will go hollow. I just assumed when you kill them they finally break and just go full hollow.

As far as the Fire Keepers being immortal I figure it's because after a while of being bonded to a bonfire that they can't die until the fires go out. Or she could just be a manifestation of the bonfire there.

Something else to note for some reason neither the Handmaiden nor Andre can die either

Unkindled ARE undead, you have a darksign.

He has a bad case of the Gwyns. All imposing but you can parry his ass easy. Will admit though that he will fuck you up if you make the slightest error or get too greedy due to his shoulder checks\high kicks.

Who cares about ds3? After playing Demon's Souls I realized how much Ds3 brought back things from Demon's Souls. And how Ds3 failed at doing a lot of things Demon's Souls did well on its first go.

Hey, is that the fucking Embedded from the top floor of the castle? Dammit, I really wish we could see what the original draft of that game was like, it seemed so different from everything we had to deal with and if I remember right there was some interview with Miyazaki and some other higher ups working on the game that said they had to change so much in a short amount of time.

I still think the Lost Crowns DLC story was supposed to be the main games story but something happened and they had to cut it out last second. Otherwise the whole 'TRHONE OF WANT' and attack of the Giants makes no fucking sense.

I doubt it's real, and I'll be glad if it isn't. I don't want any direct sequels to Bloodborne or Demon's Souls, lest we get another Dark Souls 2 type of situation with cool ideas and terrible execution all over the place.

I haven't played Dark Souls 3 and have no intention to any time soon, but it doesn't seem to me like there's a single general consensus on it. I've read just as many people say that it's the worst in the series as I have people saying that it's the best.

Threaded Cane has a much wider range compared to Kirkhammer's short range, deals serrated damage compared to Kirkhammer's blunt damage, does not have a knockdown effect, does not stagger as much as the hammer, can be used for crowd control in ways the hammer can't. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I don't think there is 1 but here:

1st weapon to actually go through the game with: Yhorm's Great Machete
300+ Base AR with an A in strength made it a HYUUGE weapon and honestly almost OP

2nd Weapon for running through the game with: Hollow infused Washing Pole
Bleed is by far the strongest in PvE in this game

3rd weapon for PvP mostly: Black Knight GreatAxe
Looks fucking dope, and forcing backstabs by using caestus weapon art just makes that huge AR all the more satisfying.

Dark Souls 3 might have some potential. We need to go deeper

I enjoyed all of them but DS2 felt like it was piggybacking on DS1 and a lot of the in game lore can be boiled down to

Though I did like how they incorporated players in the game. I think in DS2 there was an item description that read somewhere along the lines of

Which is a reference to actual players who thought DS1 was too hard and gave up on it.

Sellsword Twinblades
Fist weapons, whips and reapers are pretty fun but I admit I don't use them "seriously" (switch to them just to fuck around with some enemies, usually while waiting to be summoned). The Corvian Knight weapons look cool and Quills is arguably the best DEX weapon in the game but I haven't spent much time with them yet.
Feels kinda bad because this is the first time I don't have a STR build.

Overall, I don't like how the game heavily favors the use of R1/L1. Heavy attacks don't do all that much more damage and have a much higher stamina cost and, PvEwise, almost every enemy chimps out on you or recovers so fast, that it's just not a good idea to use them. Likewise, the two-handing damage boost is very small compared to other games. That said, I see people using heavy attacks smartly in PvP, taking full advantage of the hyper armor frames.
It's something I think BB got right - every weapon and its repertoire of moves feels useful in a variety of situations. While things like the pizza cutter and Rakuyo are very good, there isn't any weapon that is so bad that merits a challenge run using it.

Random note, a bit disappointed that they cut the Birch Woman's dialogue from the DLC. The sorceries mention Sulyvahn is from the Painted World but this bit made it almost explicit that his mother is one of those tree women (which does kinda explain his looks).
I know I'm a broken record in this regard but it's a shame they chose to focus so much on nostalgia pandering because some of new lore like Sulyvahn, Aldrich and the Age of Deep, the Hollows of Londor and the Profaned Flame (Yhorm fucked up BIG time) are pretty interesting.

Hella interesting to know that about Sulyvahn. Quite ironic when you consider the painted world was just a prison in Anor Londo.
I never really understood the Profaned Flame. What was the deal with it?

Most recent run I did mostly used the executioner's greatsword. Same moveset as the claymore from Dark Souls, which was the main weapon of my last run.

Dark Sword
Dark Sword
Dark Sword

Soul of Cinder was pretty disappointing after the Nameless King; the main reason I took any damage from SoC was trying to see if I could parry him, and after wasting 5 estus and failing to parry I killed his two forms pretty easily. I really liked the game, but the way it ended so abruptly just left a bitter taste.

From what I understand, Yhorm attempted to put out the Profaned Flame by linking the fire but failed and everybody got BBQed. The capital was consumed after Yhorm became Lord of Cinder which makes me wonder if he didn't link the Profaned Flame by mistake.
And apparently, Sulyvahn was witness to that which, in turn, gave him some ideas.

As for the Profaned Flame itself, it's described as "fire born from the sky" resulting from the curse of four women relatives of a certain oracle. Beats me who the oracle may be but the women are those hippo monsters with the hand-shaped heads.
Like the Age of Deep, another interesting but under-developed thing.

Speaking of those hippo-hand monsters, do you think they were cut designs from Bloodborne? Looking at them, the human-spider thing in the Cathedral and the guard dogs in Irithyll, seems like they tried to boost the enemy ranks with rejected Bloodborne enemies

Recolors, more like, some of them are clearly modified models from BB, some even use the same animations.

All the eyes make them look like something out Nightmare of Mensis and the running grab stagger point makes you want to reach out of the pistol.

The way most enemies chimp out on you, they certainly feel like you should fight them with the nimbler Hunter rather than the Undead. DLC turns that shit up to eleven with the wolves constantly trying to stay offscreen and the Corvian Knights with their, well, everything.

Side note, indulged in a little planner experience and tried to make a Sulyvahn build. Don't think I'll get to it because I already fell hook, line and sinker for that. Twice.
I like planning the builds and the first bits of the game are great but after the Settlement, the game feels almost like a chore with a couple of high notes in Yharnam Christmas Zone and Lothric Castle/Archives. Even the DLC area is kinda dull besides the Corvian Settlement.

You waste so many levels getting to the same level. I honestly would stop leveling at 40/40 as the 5 AR for judgement greatsword and 11 AR for profaned greatsword aren't worth it. I'd rather put that into VIG or END.

Pic related, I have slightly more HP and stamina than you while having a free ring slot (lloyd's sword ring). Favor ring is just too good, in every fucking game there is a "mandatory" ring (FaP/3rd Dragon/Favor) it's something FROM hasn't realized from all 3 games.

So the izalith witches made eternal fire from meteor fire hitting imortal dragon scales and didn't notice then just fucked their shit up?

Oh look it's le dark souls so deep circlejerk again.

I don't understand you guys at all. You always buy, play and discuss whatever the marketing department's throwing at you.

Dark Souls is nothing more than a shitty rpg/action game with no story, uninteresting, generic items and very little creativity. What's worse is that it drags on forever to fulfill autistic desires. You guys eat marketing up so much you're wiling to cling to everything, like the 'lore' some chink thought out while visiting the bathroom.

I will never understand souls fandom, maybe you guys should go and visit Reddit or Something Awful sometimes.

Now just imagine the next DLC having only one boss but with five phases.

Eat marketing eh. I started out with Demon's Souls, playing that game was the only marketing I needed for Dark Souls when it was released.

This tbh fam

Can you recommend some other challenging action-RPGs I could be spending my time with?

DS3 had flaws, but this weapon is so fun to use I forgive it all.

I never fucking played a Souls game and I can outright call you a faggot.

I'll admit I don't use Favor at all. Even the strongest version seems terrible compared to the original or even 3rd Dragon. For the builds I actually have, I tend to use the ones that give +5 to a stat for the FTH-Quality and pyro ones since those have to be meticulously planned and even then, they'll underperform given the high investment across a lot of stats but never high enough to get the best out of anything.
Meanwhile, with my pure DEX build, I can fuck around with stats, rings, everything. Those builds can easily sit at SL100.

I don't know if it's the Izalith witches since they're likely not oracles but, then again, DaS3 shits all over the DaS lore. They were 8 (the witch and 7 daughters and we meet 5 - Quelana, Kellogs, the fair lady, the one guarding Bed of Chaos and the dead one guarded by Ceaseless Discharge).

Wouldn't be so bad if her third form wasn't basically magic Gundyr. This boss would have been pants-on-head retarded even in Bloodborne.
"I'll just teleport across the room throwing shit at you and looking cool and you won't do anything about it because fuck you, that's why."
That said, one co-op partner is enough to make her extremely trivial.

That's really the worst thing about her - knowing the next one will be even worse. Probably a regiment of Corvian Knights with giant wolves.

We technically meet all of them if the autists who do the lore theorizing are correct in the idea that the two staves we break in the Bed of Chaos fight are whatever is left of the two daughters you see in the intro holding staves. It's also possible that Xanthous King Jeremiah is the father of all of the daughters and Ceaseless Discharge due to the fact that he's the only other npc that uses chaos pyromancies that you meet besides the daughter right outside the Bed of Chaos fight.

r8 my fashion souls

Is there any bucket helmet that doesn't have Solaire's little feather?

The cathedral knight helm is the better bucket helm. I'll do an updated fashion with that to check it out.

Build suggestions?

Lucky Faith build, use hollow gem infusion and lightning infusions to make PVP great again.

So let it be written, so let it be done. now to play through the entire game because I got banned for CEing

I've CE'd by starting steam in offline mode and then pulling out my ethernet cable. Then before going back online again I turn off CE and boot up DaS3 again, play for a bit, save and then shut down.

It's a long process but I haven't been banned or received that game data warning either.

Not every undead is bound to the flame. And A whole lot of firekeepers die. And it was a huge implication that neither dead or alive is natural state for humans. Life and death (as opposing to hollow state) start existing after whole discovery of souls thing.
And whole ds2 was dedicated to stop curse part of the curse of the undead. Now you dont need to go hollow if you die, its a choice.

But its better to ignore almost everything that happen in ds2 and in demons souls and good half of ds1. A lot is taken from ds2 original version, a lot is taken from demons souls and ds1 is referenced a lot(compared to ds2). They almost always directly ignore "things" that happen in ds2 but they either happen again or have consequences without happening.

How's the lucky faith going?
What did you start with, also, because depending on what character you start with, with lucky faith you'll be locked out of shit unless you put points into anything else, which is not viable for lucky faith.

If you care about framerate why even bother playing games? BB has become my favorite Souls game after all this time, I can't endorse it enough, but it;s not worth buying the console. Best thing about BB is the weapons, you get actual transforming coolshit instead of "oh this is a slightly different longsword/mace/axe".

that's like asking, "If you care about eating, why even bother having teeth?" That's right. Playing a game at 30fps or lower is like trying to chew on a gourmet sandwich with nothing but your gums. It can be done, I imagine, but you'd have a hell of a lot more success and a more pleasant time if you actually had and used your teeth.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/115931

I'm not very good at build creation. I threw in the 3 buffable greatswords to see what I might be looking at in terms of AR, because that was the weapon type I was considering using. Might throw in Anri's. Willing to take fashion souls tips, too. I wanted to use the Drang chest piece with a texture mod of the American Flag for the cape, but that would require effort.

I guess I'm just too old to get that aspect of marketing.

Big fashion soul tip
What would (character) wear
Not as worth it. Stick to straight swords. Take up bleed and poison weapons and keep yourself fast. But also take up a wall shield because you gotta keep those filthy beaners away.

Interdasting, think it would have been the single tree that behaved differently (I think it had a spell in front of it too) that went apeshit and tried to smash you, and yeah I guess that explains his freaky root wings.

Yeah being 12 years old must feel terrible.

Favor ring is certainly lacking compared to Dragon ring and FaP but it's still so good since it's the only thing that can increase your stamina outside of END, the extra weight and HP are just nice extras.

You need to build a wall. Moaning shield +5 and use the sorcery Magic Shield so you have a stability of 100 which means you take zero stamina loss on block. This requires at least 50 STR and 10 INT.

What are the good strength weapons in Bloodborne?
I got a loaned PS4 and the game itself so I wanna play through it in the next few weeks.

I like the way you think, user. Should I also get a lance or some other poking stick to use with a leo ring to keep the spics at bay?

The modern numale gamer.

Oh

Man

So

It

Is

Fully

Okay

To

Let

Reddit

Now

Right

On

Holla Forums

You

Get

More

And

More

Pathetic

Each

Day

Millwood axe, man serpent hatchet, warpick are good 1 handed STR picks, an offhand follow javelin gets decent scaling when infused with heavy. Greatlance/pike/lothric knight long spear have slow as shit one handed attacks so using the gargoyle flame spear gets you range and speed, using a rapier also works.

Do you need any weapons/items/armor dropped for you?

Well, after considering the wall build I think I'm going to have to start from scratch. I need some time to deliberate how exactly I want to set this build up between rings and whatnot in mugenmonkey first, though.

If you were fine playing Demon's Souls at 25 fps, and fine playing Dark Souls at 20 fps prior to the PC launch, then you'll be fine playing Bloodborne at 30 fps, since it's more stable post-patch than either of its predecessors.

Did you get it with the expansion or just the base game? Kirkhammer or Hunter Axe if it's just the base game, Whirligig Saw or Beast Cutter if it's with the expansion.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/115967

Warpick is good because of thrusts+leo. Clandestine is the closest looking thing to a suit.

no, no expansion and I doubt I can afford it. I can swap between both kirkhammer and the hunter axe as I started with hunter axe first off how should I build my guy I was figuring focus on END/VIT first so I can get stamina and hitpoints out of the way early level 18/18 for now I figure.

12 year old please leave.

I wouldn't dump too much into VIT unless you want to trivialize the game, maybe max at 20 or 25. For the stats it depends on what you think you'll end up using, the Axe will eventually have B strength scaling and D skill scaling, but the Hammer will eventually have A strength scaling and E skill scaling.

Inputs can't be interrupted once they're received and any successive inputs are stored in a buffer, what's your point? You would barely have more control over the character if the framerate was higher for this particular game.

I wasn't going very high in vitality just enough to make sure I'm a-okay against bosses I'm more worried about stamina overall on top of my scaling stat. I need a couple points in skill and what of arcane or bloodtinge?

Yes Im sure a game that's faster (Bloodborne) than the slower games (Dark Souls, Demon Souls) where 30fps is a noticeable drop in gameplay quality doesn't matter. Retard.

Just like Int and Faith, only if you think you'll be using a weapon that scales with them. Hunter Tools (arcane) are difficult to focus on and the firearms don't need to be focused on unless you're using some weapon that also benefits from bloodtinge.

I thought I explained it simply enough for you to understand. Souls games work on an input buffer. If you press R1, you will attack, and there's no stopping it. If you press R1 again during the attack, the attack won't register until the previous one is completed, which, depending on the speed of the weapon, could be a full second up to maybe two or three seconds. The difference in input delay between 30fps and 60fps is about 15 ms.

FPS isn't tied to gameplay mechanics unless it's Bethesda

See
Fucking retard.

Try actually reading

No I probably wont be using them just guns use skill and bloodtinge for scaling so I figured I'll play with guns for a little bit too.

From's actually been tying engine speed to framerate at least since King's Field II, but that's not really the issue here

How about you try actually reading the response? It was painful enough reading your post the first time, reread what you say before you post.

How about actually reading

Guess I win since you refuse to read.

topkek its like Holla Forums tries to be verbal MMA.

cute

Damn you are thirsty. Go tell your mother you won the argument.

This is good.

I'll need to remake the character because I'm not about to farm stats, but if you'd like I can summon you in Lothric if you wanna drop all that shit for me. I have nothing due to the ban, and I'm not sure where I can step as far as trying to get it back illegally goes.

Arcane is magic (int+faith, basically just hexes) and bloodtinge is how much a critical attack does and gun damage. Basically bloodtinge is "how overpowered do I want my counter hits to be" which should be either "I don't care because I'm not a faggot" or "I want to make an alucard build where I have guns only and be a huge badass."

I thought viscerals were tied to Skill? Either way you could muddle your way through any situation that would need a stronger firearm with the Repeating Pistol and some Bone Marrow Ash.

Bloodtinge effects how much counter damage you do?
Oh god that's frightening because if there's one thing I will always do is parry. Does upgrading the handgun increase this potential as well?

yeh new ID XD you're a master of logic so smart and informed, how could I ever stand a chance XD

Holla Forums, Holla Forums's containment board.

Go to the first bonfire on the highwall, my red sign is there (works even if no bosses are alive). Use the password "magaman", I'm not going to be watching the game constantly but I'll alt tab in every few minutes to check if you summoned me.

Alright, It's gonna take a few minutes as I try to speedrun my ass through gundyr.

I have speedy buildmaking tips that just come from playing so often
cladistine coat is really easy to get very early, just run all the way to the road of sacrifices and then run all the way to the magic man, kill him, and you get his stuff. If you make friends with the hollow people and don't care about looking like beef jerky you can still learn spells from that woman. Mira boots or ringfinger boots should be good for legs early on, there's no real shoe type thing otherwise I don't think. Later on drang boots work for being a good ol' boy.

skill and strength are pure buff stats for weapons, I'm 88 percent sure

Upgrading pistol increases bullet damage, which is pretty great for a gunslinger build when you go full bloodtinge. This, however, will not increase the amount of damage you do with a visceral attack, since the visceral attack isn't even effected by your weapons; you plunge your hand into the beast and you tear out their blood directly, which is really the greatest idea ever. A caveat to this is infusing your weapons with bloodgems that affect visceral attacks will add damage to your visceral, obviously. If you do a bloodtinge build you should probably focus on getting a lot of bullets and finding the "recover bullets with visceral attacks" so you basically never run out on the field and have a back up supply for bosses that need multiple hits to proc.

oh so they're called visceral attacks huh I figured your character grabs directly at their throat and rips it apart. Anyway I wasn't mainly going to focus on guns I was just unsure what's what but I can upgrade the handgun I got for more damage just like my main hand weapon because more damage I'm unsure about the gems but I'll give it a try.

I know I've heard before that Skill has something to do with it, I'm 14 percent sure.

High-damage guns are useful for boss' weakpoints (like the Cleric Beast's head) or for fighting at range, and at the higher levels of bloodtinge builds you could go pure firearms with no problem, but unless you're built around bloodtinge I wouldn't waste those upgrade materials on your gun.

I don't know why but my game is stuttering like hell. Thanks though, user. It's time to make PVP great again.

People who were disappointed in ds3 were dumb enough to think ds1 was any good.

Big thing, and this is really big, bloodtinge is not worth it if you're splitting your points with strength, skill, or arcane in an even way. Stats to wield other guns is fine, but bloodtinge is either your main damage stat or you should not even bother.
researched, apparently skill and overall level does affect it. I guess that makes sense because if you never level up bloodtinge and your parry stagnates it would be awful to ever do a parry, so it scales up with your level.
Further research tells me that bloodtinge is just "gun do more damage" stat and not the visceral attack stat. Although that makes no god damn sense since blood is in the name

so level up skill to 50 and bloodtinge to 50 also for max gun and crit damage.

It'd be because of the high ping and the game having shit netcode so the game looks and plays warpy for multiplayer.
Remember you can always two hand your shield and use it like that, I can't remember if they nerfed having a right handed shield since it gives you block frames as you kick and your attack after the kick is a counter. So a shield in the right with magic shield applied, kick an enemy they get stunned as they try to trade and you hit them with the leo warpick for loads of damage. You can't buff the warpick this way though.

If you 2 hand a weapon, the buffed disappears from the offhand weapon. If he buffs his moaning greatshield with magic shield to get 100 stability then 2 hands the warpick to buff it, the magic shield disappears. I think taking no stamina from blocks is better than some extra split damage from a resin.

Oh, I forgot about the magic shield thing.

I was very pleased with Dark Souls 3, but very disappointed with Ashes of Ariandel. 2 boss fights, and a max of 3 hours of content if you go through it slowly? Come the fuck on. Expansion 2 better be much more EXPANSIVE (no pun intended).

Start a new game, play through the DLC the moment you get to Cathedral of the Deep, don't summon and don't use upgraded gear. At least, that's what I did and it took me about 4 hours just to get to Friede, and then 3 fucking days of trying just to beat her. Granted, you've already played through it, likely with your end game character from before the DLC, so you can't get the "magic" feeling of exploring uncharted territory for the first time, but for me, being underleveled made it more engaging.

The general area is kind of small, though. It's probably just a little bit bigger than Undead Settlement, which is kind of disappointing.

Well thanks guys I had no plans of building around guns or whatnot but I was going full on strength with VIT/END as a main focus on top of that since stamina caps out and I only need so much hp I'll probably go with skill to mix up my weapons a little bit if I desire to do so at least the hunters axe is doing me okay so far this is just my first time playing and I'm enjoying it vastly over Dark Souls 3 honestly they shouldn't have sped up combat for DaS3 it just doesn't work when every enemy fights and moves like Bloodborne whereas the player only moves maybe 50% faster than Dark Souls 1 player characters did, it's just not balanced nor thoroughly implemented at all.

Finally got around to play DS3 and so far im not really liking it, a lot of enemies remind me of those endless stamina faggots from the dragon shrine in DS2 and the game seems very linear. Bosses so far have been pretty bad but im not that far in, just killed the abyss watchers. At least that fight had a pretty nice song. Still using a broadsword since other strenght weapons like the greatsword seem fucking useless.

The game is very linear compared to it's two older brothers, oddly enough. Mechanically, though, I'd say it's much more satisfying than 2. A lot of people liken the game to being literally DeS2.

If you wear heavier armor with the greatsword or any ultra great weapon you'll get hyper armor that'll let you poise like you were in DS.

I'd say it's much bigger than Undead Settlement, it's the same size as the Artorius Expansion was in terms of SIZE, but the actual amount of content was much smaller.

Oolacile was a winding place, you had to walk around, there was layers of verticality to it. Ashes of Ariandel has one spot where verticality matters, and it's traversed in under 2 minutes. There's just a lot of wide open spaces, there's no winding, no layers, everything is so interconnected that you keep looping back around but that's it. That's fucking it. You go down into the village, you get to the end of the village, you kill a miniboss who talks shit every time he kills you and has a self-heal that heals him instantly and fully if you can't interrupt him, and then you end up going up a staircase that leads you back to the church. Bloody fucking hell.

is the consensus that AoA is just cut content that was being purposefully saved for the DLC? I didn't hate DS3 but it felt short and drives me fucking nuts when a short game already has DLC being prepared for it.

bring back fucking expansions like back in the day fuckoff with this nickle and diming crap for fuck sakes

My guess AotA was made up of cut content, but developed by B team. Oolacile is the only location in the game that I can think of where hitting one enemy will attrack an entire group of them, a pattern we didn't see until DS2.

The issue with Ariandel is that it's so bland. You walk through a snowy area with wolves and guys sitting around doing nothing, and then the village where you wander around killing knights that are killing corvians with prolapsed colons, and then find a church and wander around until you find the painter and then wander around more. Eventually you'll find that the bridge you walk on to get to the church breaks and you walk down into a boss room that only exists to give you access to the arena that is a modified version of a boss room in the base game and unlock a second pyromancy flame from a npc invader that could be easily missed.

Maybe ill find some heavy armor soon, barely found any. Still using the helm and chestpiece from those knights with capes in the start

Fucked if I know what the "consensus is," far as I can tell AoA was supposed to fix a bunch of glaring issues like spellcasters having so few attack options and not being good enough. So they added in weapons that scale a little too well with spellcasters of the miracle and sorcery variety.

But there's not enough options in the game still, and I hope that expansion 2 is an actual full on expansion. There should be a new coal, three new infusions, at least 5 boss encounters, several areas… Stuff that I think won't happen, but I fucking hope it will.

And the miniboss I mentioned? I'm getting tired of this overdesigned shit, they did this with the Sentinels in Anor Londo back in 1, where they had that shield slam and full heal instant cure bullshit… If an enemy has no limit to their mana, and they can continually spam Dark Souls 1 esque dark attacks with their weapon, it shouldn't exist.

Yeah, sure it's fun to get ganked on low level gear
It's "Get Ganked: The DLC":
Wolves have a cry to alert other wolves to come gank you
The fucking undead vikings have a cry that alerts other followers to come gank you
The fucking bird-people have a cry that alerts other bird-people
And that area with the three viking giants, what were they smoking? Get ganked again

"Magic feeling of exploring", bullshit, all the areas are the same white-bland shit
They tried to copy the Painted world of Ariemis and failed so hard

Even the fucking DLC's from DS II were more creative than this half-assed shit

but it's meant to be HARD user, don't you get it? That's why DS2 is the best in the series! Everyone loves spinning, infinite stamina enemies, that also aggro entire groups and from across the map. That what the Dark Souls (TM) experience is all about!

What's even funnier is that the Painted World was the first thing they created to test the level creator and is supposed to have things that would otherwise be cut from the game in it.

That's DaS3 alright

That doesn't necessarily make it different than the others. DaS2 and BB also had DLC included in the contracts, and there were definitely things about the Old Hunters that were intentionally left out of the main game so they could be included later. The only odd one out is Artorias of the Abyss, since that one wasn't planned initially and was just scrapped together from cut content.

Oolacile is just a tweaked Darkroot Garden. About 60% of it is just a tweak of Darkroot, and the rest is the models of the city that you can see just below Firelink Shrine from the graveyard. I'd say some of it is cut content, but a lot of it is just reused assets.

I'd say a mix of reused and tweaking I mean it's technically the Darkroot garden years later at least you just go back in time is all.

Oolacile at least had different parts:

Ashes of Ariandel has

At least in Artoria's they tried to give a sense of progression by having you travel through a degrading landscape, and even the enemies you find represent this "evolution of corruption" that the Abyss is bringing to the world

Anyone come up with a good one-shot backstab build? I made a nigger with a crown named Abo who's practically invisible. I got a few good sneaks in on some mages but most people are just to tanky

Second pic is me just laying on the floor with hidden body.

Hey friend
. , ; :
use these, cunt

Virtually everyone who abuses the one-shot just pours everything you can upgrade wise into a refined weapon, stacks 40/40 STR and DEX, puts on the Hornet Ring and just spams parry with the Cestus. Since you're going to be hiding a lot, it might be a good idea to throw the spell extension rings and the Obscuring ring on as well just to avoid being caught without being ready.

I've got every thing I need to be a sneaky fucker (20 foot invis ring, regular color ring, etc) I just couldnt get my damage high enough at the time to make it feel super worth it. Had some great moments stabbing fuckers though.

Whats the ideal weapon for backstab and parry damage these days, if I remember correctly I just used a standard dagger, refined and all that. Been awhile since Ive played though

I haven't been playing for a while now, but everyone I saw while fucking around in pvp used the same weapons that's been around for ages now. I used the Follower Saber for a while before dropping the game, but that's because I like how it looks.

at 40 strength and dex with hornet ring I honestly suggest putting on the highest damage weapon in the game, which is apparently BKGA at 216 +0, beating smough's slam jammer by 11 points. I know the extra critical is helpful, but with 647 AR on top of crit stacks, warcry, AR bonuses with the red tear and the sword you get from hollow cunt for killing magic man, It might produce some fruit

Worth a shot, although it'll be hard to pass up my shanking persona for a huge axe. Still, I'll give it a try, thanks

If you want to be a shank man, mailbreaker has higher base damage than the dagger with the same crit

Speaking of which, I wonder how hard the DLC stuff is getting nerfed? Even for a 30 Quality build, a Heavy axe does pretty respectable damage. And then there's plain bullshit like the Quills and Sabre.

Next DLC the NPC enemies will do the point down gesture when they kill you. :^)

Nothing will ever come close to the Brume Tower/Eleum Loyce invader in terms of absolute cuntery though. That guy most have gotten a lot of controllers broken.

Btw, is there any way to get the Untrue rings (host/phantom appearance) without starting the Londor questline? Already finalized the build so it looks like I can't get the rings without getting the 5 "free" levels from Yoel.

Either get someone to drop them for you, go through the questline, or just use CE in offline mode to drop them.

Gundy was pretty easy if you know his spacing, but the infinite stamina shit got old with dancer. The constant spin2win/impale you through two pillars stuff, specifically. I noticed that on certain builds (polearms/ultra greatswords especially) dancer was trivial and on others (small curved weapons, pure casters) it was extremely difficult to get more than one weak r1 off or get any distance at all… Not to mention Pontiff only-parrying-is-viable Sullivan.

Also on an unrelated pvp note, ultra greatswords attacking as fast as longswords is retarded. Ultra greatswords with longer reach than all polearms is retarded. Ultra greatswords with higher strike damage than hammers is retarded.

I think they did it this way to show confusion. Showing Gwyn first gives away the lore of the Soul of Cinder. But showing the other player characters combined left it ambiguous - perhaps the last guy to link the fire was just an amazing link-the-fire fellow.

(checked)
What fucks my shit up is that they totally removed the predictability from the enemies, and continued with the semi-predictable enemy attacks from DaS2. In DaS1, learning any enemies timing and combos was possible and an important part of the game. By the end you were confident that you could run through any area having mastered it's denizens. DaS2 took this away completely with enemies that could cancel their combos on a whim, pull out virtually anything they wanted to and totally deny you the ability to do much more than parry or backstab. DaS3? Same shit, less offensive smell. Enemies are somewhat more predictable but make up for it by being able to chain their bullshit attacks 4+ times. When I died in DaS1, I knew it was because I was bad. DaS2 had me throwing the controller with frustration. DaS3 only had a few "fuck this" moments comparatively.

Additionally, Dark Souls 1 atmosphere is easily the best. None of the sequels were even close.

I hate that they fucked with the predictability of the enemies. I can dash through most of high wall without taking damage, but every time I have to get past the lothric knight with the tower shield on the way to the NPC where dancer is he always manages to catch me with his sudden lunge that seems to come out the moment he notices you, I've dashed past this enemy numerous times, and each time he's always hit me no matter how much I try to change my roll timing, which I feel is a symptom of a larger problem.

Speaking of predictability, I hate how enemies are able to read your inputs and auto counter, so if you try playing even slightly offensively you get abused to shit with super armor frame enemies.

There's a right way and a wrong way to approach it though. DS1 was focused more on being firm, but fair by rewarding observation, but DS3's enemies are so hyper aggressive and have enough mix-ups in their arsenal that, unless you're practicing fighting them like you were both going to enroll at your local tourney, you'll never adjust to a fight with them.

it only gets fucking stale if the game is bad and has poor enemy placement and design. If you had to go through a game exactly the same way every time with no variance it becomes dull, but when there's a challenge put forth, even if you can predict how the enemy will move, you still need to excite your brain to keep up with the actual difficulty. On top of that, you can impose challenge on yourself by doing things like going through a certain way, and you can do this to the extent of having several different challenge runs.
You're probably a faggot that thinks none of the souls games have any flaws like some kind of plebian.

You now realize that these games are specifically designed to WASTE your time.

You die = you just lost xx hours and have to retread areas to get back to the boss
every time

short cuts = same areas you still need to retread for the same purpose as above, but now with slightly less time wasted
every time

You lost the souls = you have to go collect new souls, forever knowing you will never get those 10 dollars back
every time

Boss fights = go around back and spank its ass
every time

ARGUMENTS
all = "I wasted at least an hour of my life redoing the same halls, same palace, same forest, same boss almost EVERY other boss fight, and if you don't waste your life like I do it makes me crap myself."

Tetris is git gud
DemonDarkBlood Soulsborne is GIVE ENEMIES MORE, PLAYERS LESS ie typical "difficulty" in RPG games.
Enemy is given more hp, more ap, and made bigger than you either by weapon or general size. Want it SUPER HARD BRO? Make them fast and give them drones to bug you on top of that.
UBER HARDCORE GIT GUD MODE: status ailment attack w/everything else
GOD MODE TEIR HARD: cheap AOE with a status ailment attack

And when you die? Speedrun your way back to the boss to try again. But hey! At least you dropped a bridge somewhere so it'll only waste 10min of your life (not including loading screens) every time instead of 15min.

Okay. I can get more lore reading the Silmarillion or Dune or even the Bible, all a better use of my time than repeatedly retreading 5-10min of my life only to get upset when I die and do it over again for an hour.
But then I beat the boss! Yes! Now to set out for the next boss to do it over again.

No it isn't.
No it isn't.
Playing the vidya equivalent to having your nephew poke you in the side for a car ride is not fun.
You don't have fun. You THINK you have fun because the endorphins run wild after finally getting past the obstacle that you had run into, and you trick yourself into thinking it was fun because, like a woman giving birth, you're only thinking of the outcome and not the hours of labor you just went through.

And what was the outcome? You finally dodge-rolled your umpteenth time and sliced its ass and won. What'd you get? Nothing. You get nothing, really. Some armor or weapon which seems cool and fun for a little while, something maybe to help with the rest of the ordeal you call a game, but it's nothing ultimately.

You didn't work out. You didn't read. You didn't even engage in anything that added to you mentally or spiritually. You were challenged in your thinking. You weren't even challenged in your reflexes. You just dodge-rolled and slapped an ass, like every other time, but this time it worked so yay.

Sure you can say that about a lot of games, but most games don't go out of its way to piss you off and frustrate you with needless retreading and wonky enemy stats and cheap moves.
Yeah okay.

The reason I typed all this is because I want to help you. You need help. This trash is an addiction that doesn't even feel good but for a few minutes of high before plunging into frustration again, and WASTING YOUR LIFE again.

Replaying games is retreading ground, true, but the difference is again the purpose of the experience because you are replaying for fun and not because you got set back after hours of play by nonsense.
You replay a game because it's enjoyable. But you know full well that you do not enjoy playing for hours only to have all your stuff lost forever and have to retread ground, again, and again, and again until you win. Don't play retarded. You know this is fact. You hate it, but just like that pregnant woman who finally gave birth, you only think of the outcome high and not the labor pains – only with DarkborneSouls you don't get a fruitful outcome and the high doesn't last long.

Put it down, man. Do something better, play something better. Don't let the Evangelion-style lore hounding (which happens outside the game anyway) and pretty waifu fool you: it's a drug of frustration meant to suck your life away minute by minute.

lmoa

Care to explain how a human being has fun without "endorphins running wild"? Simply because you can explain how someone is having fun, doesn't mean it's a trick. There's no such thing as "false fun"

How do i reproduce with a doll?

You collect the dragonballs and wish for her to be a real human bean

It's not a waste of time when it's fun and rewarding when you complete it.
A game with no punishment for failure isn't a very compelling game.
Don't tell me you tried to fucking play an action RPG for the story.

While I agree that From can't make good RPGs with actual difficulty and not cheep tricks, your autism is way too high, no one is going to read all that shit.

games are waste of time by definition as your post.

Quite the bait you've got there, friend. The basis of your bait can be boiled down to, "this game wastes your time". Whether or not you consider it a waste is a subjective matter. In other words, if you think you're wasting your time, then perhaps you should go do something else that you consider meaningful but that anyone could equally point at and consider a waste of time. These things - death, losing souls, retreading areas - are in place to reinforce the concept of the game; survival, the feeling of despair that accompanies loss, and the feeling of accomplishment that arises from rising above a challenge. You want to survive? Then don't eat shit, don't get hit.

Tetris is about maintaining a flow. Dark Souls is about maintaining an air of caution and learning when to take the offensive before going back on the defensive, sort of like a very basic martial art or boxing. They're not really comparable, and you can git gud at both types of gameplay.
You didn't even touch on the lore, you just retreaded the same complaints that your began your bait with. The game is fun, maybe it's not for you, but you're a gigantic faggot so perhaps you'd relish your time spent shoving a giant dildo up your ass. You consider it fun, and who am I to tell you otherwise?
Yeah okay. If you wanted a co-op partner so you won't die to every simple enemy you see, you should've just asked.

There were so few unique elements to the game that, as I was playing, I wished I was playing DaS1. I was also pissed off that it took almost no situational awareness whatsoever, with the exception of hazards that have already been done to death in this same series. The first chest I found was a mimic. Been there, done that. The asset is even reused. The challenge came purely from needing quicker reflexes than previously. There was no reason not to run around like an idiot, though. That's what Souls games are all about for me. Running around like an idiot.

One of the things I loved about the first one was the ash lake. Man, was that area awesome, specially with the lore behind it. Something like that in DS2/3? Haven't played those since I'm lazy.

DS2 had the Shrine of Amana, which was less open than the Ash Lake but had similar giant trees and bottomless pits in water.
DS3 had the Smoldering Lake, which is presumably the same place as the Ash Lake but, again, less open, and now for some reason it's really hot, filled with giant crabs, there's no more bottomless water to drown in, and a bunch of skeletons are constantly bombarding you with a gigantic ballista.

you mean a big empty pile of fucking nothing that's pure lore but has a cool covenant at the end?
3 doesn't have shit on that I don't think; all of the areas in 3 are very small and fast, and it seems like they pushed the game out as fast as possible while also trying to recreate das1.
Smouldering lake is basically the same thing but it's got very little lore value other than, "lava place is lava place from first game." It's pretty pointless to go through, but if you're a holy man, which is the only thing I actually find fun anymore (tried doing pure strength, had no fun, pure strength and faith and suddenly I'm having fun even without using miracles.), the only way to actually kill the worm is to turn the ballista off and then go kill it. Also I guess getting tsorig's shit is pretty alright, even if they dropped the ball by basically saying "tarkus got looted and tsorig is now using the exact same set." It would be cool if you could purchase the black iron set after and you get a drop of a unique tsorig set that looks like the black iron set with some changes here and there.
Also can we talk about how Creighton's set is probably the most underrated fashion souls piece for paladins and crusaders? It's like a black version of the armor of the sun but with a cape and the coat of arms actually drapes over the person. It just makes me feel like I have more mass to my character too, for some reason. Probably my favorite chain set.

Or you could just stand behind the worm in the little ditch in front of the stairs for the boss room and have the ballista shoot it until it dies.

Should I just wait for the inevitable hd rerelease or buy it now?

Pirate it and see if it's worth spending money on at some point. It's not.

Got a recommended source/group for it that won't turn my PC into a bitcoin miner?

I was dumb enough to buy it

That shit is way too tedious and I already have to go up there to take care of tsorig and all that shit.
Anyway, more fashion souls.

Sharing thread or just IGG.

Someone on /monster/ might know.

Miyazaki needs to do a HD release of DeS with the Sixth Archstone

I think Dark Souls 3 is the best in the series but it lacks longetivity. You cant sequence skip to quickly try new characters and you need to finish the game 3 times on every character you intend to min max for pvp. The invasions are also so unfair there's no fun in that aside from oneshot meme builds that require your opponent to be completely retarded to fall for it. The lack of any cheat detection in the first game was what made it fun for me because I didn't have to grind for anything and literally try anything on a whim.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:27b018d3c189684c20b7ea79f40645a173c77428&dn=Dark.Souls.III.Deluxe.Edition.PreLoad-Fisher
this is the dolphin porn
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a31e81c6c5d6617ad0fce046ccdadd09fe09e770&dn=Dark.Souls.III.Steam.Preload.Unlocker-Fisher
and this is the magic key that unlocks it
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:009d9e1ceb4b1b6ac0fb344c8c0666777ab61ab7&dn=Dark.Souls.III.Crack.Only-CODEX
this is the crack
this is the base game, you will have to patch it up to its current patch if you wish to play Ashes of Ariandel
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6759d76f7548a67fe8ced514dabe75b1ee9179df&dn=Dark.Souls.III.Ashes.of.Ariandel.DLC-CODEX&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce
this is the Ashes of Ariandel DLC
I will not like all the god damned patches, there are like 8 of them. Just google that shit, or find a torrent that includes a prepatched version of the game
size: 20GB+ probably 25GB total
there you go, not-FBI
I'm only helping you because you got doubles

I don't know why I can't do it. I can't bring myself to even play Dark Souls 3 beyond the starting area. It's not that I'm struggling, but after I murdered the giant tree my interest sort of faltered and I can't explain it. I really wanted to finish the supposed last entry in the series but I just can't fucking do it. Hell, I even made several playthroughs of Dark Souls 2 and i considered that shit fucking horrible. I guess I'm just burned out on souls.

Am I missing anything special here? Should I just force myself to see it through to the end?

It's not worth finishing tbh. Most of this is doing pvp on 4 different characters.

That's pretty fucking depressing considered I had well over 1000 hours doing that same exact thing on DS and DeS.

Fuck.

It's most likely that you're just burnt out on the series. I have the same issue, but the main issue is that the game isn't nearly as good as DeS and DaS.

Personally, I found the game is the least engaging in the series. A lot of weapons and magic is fun but only in theory (whips, fists, reapers, miracles like the stake etc) and the fashion is top notch but the game drags a bit after the Settlement with a couple of high points in Irythill and Lothric Castle (though both these areas follow the DaS2 "checkpoint" school of level design; only the Archives are riddled with shortcuts).
After Bloodborne, the lofty promises of quality level design set a very high bar that they certainly didn't meet.

It's the fact that 90% of the weaponry and 100% of the magic is only usable for co-op, or otherwise makes the game immensely tedious.
Also, anything other than light armour is a waste of time which is hugely disappointing.

Had the same problem, could run 1 and 2 on max just fine but I could get anywhere near a playable fps. They really screwed up with optimizing(lack thereof). You're not missing much though, I think im almost halfway through and so far its worse than 2.

its literally the worst game ever made

I simply refuse to believe a game could be worse than Dark Souls 2. That piece of shit wasn't just a bad souls game, it was a terrible video game.

I want to love it, I do, but the fact that they're trying to merge bloodborne and souls into a single game makes it feel like I'm constantly playing it wrong. Good luck beating it without high endurance or R1 spam, parrying is also a complete fucking mess. The environments still feel like high fantasy garbage from the second one, and ultimately there are almost no memorable fucking characters. Sure, it was a step up from 2 in almost every regard but that's not saying much. Nothing has weight in the fucking game, fuck.

You're getting the original console experience.

It ran like a slideshow. Absolutely unplayable in any sense of the word.

That's what I said.

I'm not a fan of these games either, doesn't mean you have to go on a autistic rant.

I don't understand one bit why this happens. The game is for all intents and purposes exactly the same as the first dark souls. Some improved mechanics and a new visage to explore, that's all that's different. So why the fuck are the hardware requirements so radically different? I feel like this bullshit is purposely planned to force people to upgrade so companies like nvidia/intel get more money.

1) it's not the exact same engine and 2) From is not good at the technical side of things

I genuinely see no need to use a different engine from the first dark souls. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Unless I'm mistaken they changed the engine for Bloodborne so they could do fancier things on the PS4 and then just kept that engine for Dark Souls III so they could reuse the assets more easily

Alternatively, if it's broke and you have no idea how to fix it, don't bother trying. From's artists and level designers need to get together with people who know how to make video games

I forgot about lady maria for a while

it had less polish and effort than bloodborne. If they'd had a year or even just 6 more months to work on it it probably would have been much better.
B-N probably skimped on resources for the dev team because they knew it was gonna sell like hotcakes regardless, whereas BB had the entire PS4 launch on the line and got all the Sonybucks.
It's why Bloodborne looks better in terms of style and graphics, plays better, has a more consistent theme and a better map layout.
DS3 was a little flaccid compared to it.

of course there's also the theory that DS2 started as Miyazaki's project until he left to work on BB, was replaced by someone who completely ruined his original vision, then DS3 started WITHOUT Miyazaki, only for Miyazaki to come back from BB, scrap everything in DS3, and start over.
This would give me a bit more hope for their next game, as long as Miyazaki was actually the director for the WHOLE development cycle.

really terrible rehash of an easy boss. Iudex is way too easy when you can figure out that about 10 heavy charged attacks is all it takes and he lets you charge all the way, Champion just lets you take very minor swings and then tells you to go fuck yourself as he rapes your asshole with an infinite that you can only dodge and heal to get away from.

those are some nice quads, but gravelord servant is more like

I read a hacker comment somewhere about digging into the files of DS3 which they said that they used the same code/command/whatever to get in as they did for DS1. So yeah it's actually a modified DS1 engine.

do you know what words mean, guy?

Replaying Bloodborne again for a STR/BLT build to focus on firearms and eventually the Bloodletter. Is it worth making a beeline to the Fishing Hamlet just to get it for the last half of the game instead of the last fourth?

I don't know if he was disagreeing

Is that so? A real shame then, DaS1 did it right by making multiple areas to you, and giving you the choice of what order to go in

I just go with one weapon from each category for PvE, man serpent hatchet for axes, javelin/four pronged plow for spears, corvian scythe for scythes, handmaids dagger for daggers and a bunch of others that I use less frequently.

As for PvP nothing. PvP this time around has such a shit playerbase that I think developed mainly because of how heavy the PvP focus was in Dark Souls 2. It killed the game for me due to retarded choices like renaming adaptability poise to cater to PvPfags and is in general a clusterfuck of whining faggots who need absolutely everything in the game revolving around their thing to the point of it fucking up the single player game by getting anything remotely fun removed or not considered to begin with. PvP can just go fuck itself.

I liked it better when it was just something that was tagged on after the main game was finished rather than the single player game taking a back seat to PvP "balancing" that detracts from the single player experience. It's not so bad when they fix obviously retarded things like the carthus curved sword having greatsword tier damage while being faster but when you get miracles and sorceries that aren't very good in PvP to begin with fucked with just because of some fags whining about it that just fucks with my enjoyment. Why can't they just have things that cause problems in PvP have balancing done to them that only affects the PvP like they did with the steel and stoneplate rings? Fuck.

Also all the memes surrounding the PvP are the most obnoxious shit I've seen in video games in years.

like how it's the worst shit ever?

Look at the comment you replied to. user asked why are the hardware requirements so radically different. You replied saying IT'S NOT THE EXACT SAME engine. I'm simply just adding some info to confirm what you said is accurate as in the engine was ported over. It's obvious why the hardware requirements are radically different because after FROM ported it over they have added more code that would simply choke older hardware.

If you can make a run for, get the Bloodletter. It really is absurdly good in both forms.

Meanwhile and to my everlasting embarrassment, the Deacons of the Dick keep pushing my pyro build's shit in. Can't bully them with fireballs like everyone else and now I just found these fucks can cast a curse fog. Pretty neat effect though, seeing the whole area gradually engulfed by a dark blue mist - does make the bastards live up to their namesake.

fucking japs, learn anatomy good
git gud, deacons is easy for a mob boss. Just use poison mist or literally any other fire attacks that you get that do sweeping damage, like the fire whip or the flame thrower

No one will co-op with you, brony.

it's about putting blocks into the openings and solving for making rows when things are sent down as columns
let me stop you right there. If you think any of from soft's games have thought put into them beyond, "I wonder how we can steal peoples' money this time," you're putting in too much thought. Even Das didn't have that spectacular of level design; there was a fucking boss that consisted of two dogs and a fighting space the size of a cupboard.
That guy was a retard but you sound like an edgy fedora

Gwyn is definitely the greater standalone bookend, but that Soul of Cinder builds on him is not a failing. It's a strength. Not heeding what came before is foolish in a way. A lot of DS3 draws on DS1 in a way that is more continuation than fanservice.

Gwyn closed out DS1 very well. But closing out a series in a satisfying way is a big challenge in its own right. Soul of Cinder is the kind of boss he is not just because he's the second coming of Gwyn. He's a multi-layered end boss who draws on all the player's progress to that point. He's the climax of tension that's been building up in the game since at least you enter the higher part of Lothric Castle and the darksign turns the sky red. He's the last vestige of the question whether to link the fire - those who link the fire never truly die so long as the flame stays lit. He's a bookend that harkens from DS1 to 2 and finally to 3. That last point is perhaps the strongest reason why Gwyn was brought back, because such was the most sombre, effective way of conveying it.

Yes and no. DS1 clearly gave great inspiration for the bosses, but mostly in education or in story. DS3's excellent boss narration is. Soul of Cinder would not be great without Gwyn, but its quality is its own achievement still and goes far beyond just being a callback.

You know if we didn't have DS2 theme of cycles, or if DS3 was DS2 then the theme of cycles would be far more interesting and satisfying overall. At first I hated Soul of Cinder but overtime he grew on me as he feels like a good send off to finishing the game.

I tend to overlook most of what DS2 put in and just enjoy it for its side stories and levels. DS3 prioritises DS1 from the get-go for very good reason, and not just because Miyazaki was back in charge.
The obvious way was the emphasis put on being a Lord of Cinder. This was a small thing in DS1 - a faux title made to mock Gwyn's downfall from Lord of Sunlight. Yet in DS3, it's treated as the greatest honour, the most noble thing one can ever do in their life. Almost nothing carries over from 2, yet so many things from 1 are given a nod.

Note how all this ties back to DS1's plot - finding a way past the darksign and save the world, only to find the steep, steep cost that would ask. Note further that all of these examples fall into one of two categories; dying out and almost completely gone, or still persevering by having found new life. That's very important to DS3's themes. The game wants you to consider by the end how you think the world can best continue - in a bright age of fire that can be made stronger with each lord that joins those with the Soul of Cinder? Or in an age of dark to pass aside this failing cycle that just keeps hanging on?

Compare all that to DS2?

DS2 is essentially the blank between DS1 and 3. If that blank had been conveyed entirely through item description lore, people's imaginations might be wilder about them.

I agree with alot you say there. To me DS2 lore is great (not the plot though as that is convoluted) but it's so disconnected from DS1 that I consider it to be a massive side story.

As for DS3 it feels like a proper sequel, though somewhat under developed. It's why I want Gwynevere to be in the next DLC as she's is pretty much the main antagonist, plus it will wrap up a lot of the story and lore closing the chapter on the old royalty. As much as I want to see Velka she doesn't have that overarching influence Gwynevere has.

Tarkus' helmet.

I only got the high-fantasy feel from Irithyll, everything else seem to be that standard/low fantasy that the series was known for. And even then, Irithyll wasn't overly done with the high-fantasy. Some of the areas were more reminiscent of DeS with the Marsh being like the Valley of Defilement, and the Storm Ruler (Though it's look is more like the Ameno-Murakumo).

Thoguh, DS3's areas were Cathedral Porn, at least they were nice to look at, and it didn't seem out of place.

It's interesting you say that. Why do you think Gwynevere is a villain? She didn't do anything terrible in DS1, and IIRC in 3 she just helps build Lothric as its queen and then leaves a gift for you in the Untended Graves/Cemetery of Ash.

I don't view her as a villian like she's evil. She is someone who seeks power, dominion over the world and also seeks self preservation like all the major players. She is someone who uses others including her own bloodline for her own goals. Throughout every souls game there has been a theme that humans have been the slaves of the gods (which Gwynevere is), even Oscar's cut dialogue confirms this. The gifts she leaves are not her being altruistic, she has an agenda and will go to any means to get there, manipulating others at their own expense to further hers. If she doesn't do this then she would fade into nothing and die.

Let's be real here, bitch lost her tongue and became the mother of the covenant that most represents the relationship a mother has with a child; she didn't start the appreciation of her, but graciously accepts her worship and returns it with something if asked; you can choose to give her tongues just to give her tongues or you can ask for rebirth, the god damn thing even has birth in the name. The only god who really perpetuated himself as lord over mankind still in DaS1 was gwyndolin, and he was just keeping the home fires burning for his dad, who was also keeping the home fires burning. While Gwynevere was speaking in a very selfish tone, asking the undead to continue perpetuating the flame, that was really just gwyndolin puppeteering a ghost, so it makes that association of her character null.

Actually when you consider the princes being experimented on with unspeakable means, the twinkling titanite and divine blessing in the chests next to Gertrude's cage this clearly put Gwynevere at the centre of events of Lothric. She's a puppet master behind the curtain, a charming politician who sends her grunts to do her dirty work.

Gwynevere has the illusion of innocence but she is very much involved with the events past DS1. And no she isn't Rosaria, she's just a relative.

I'd agree if there weren't already a more callous culprit in the game. Oceiros is an absolute nutter who chased after Seath too hard. Who's to say this push for perfect successors wasn't by his design?

Fucking also
Seath tried making dragon kin, and that's what his experiments were in the bottom of his archive. King "Revolver" Oceiros carried on his legacy by making dragon people too probably, which lead to the angels, who are winged people with no other dragon traits, in the same way that snakes are the opposite, which was seath's short coming with making snake men and the other creatures; this is probably further confirmed by the fact that pontif sully made those corvians who they are and brought them to the next world, giving the king something to work from and, again, gained the opposite result until he perfected it on himself and fucked an invisible something (BY THE BY, PRISCILLA'S THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD THAT KIND OF POWER, WINK WINK) and made a super invisible baby.
So basically gwynevere had nothing to do with it, that shit was all dragon fuckers.

Let's read some item descriptions shall we.

Bountiful Sunlight (Rosaria)

Read what it says. Loved as both a MOTHER and wife, bestow THEIR blessing. It does not say "bestowed her blessing" does it now numbnuts. It's almost virtually identical to Soothing Sunlight from the Dancer's Soul.

Soothing Sunlight (Dancer)

Only thing that's different is the bit where it says "the princess cherished by all".

Let's also look at Rosaria's soul.

Well that showed nothing. But lets go further and look at the obscure ring.

Now shall we look at the divine blessing

We know this is Gwynevere by looking up DS1 divine blessing

Look how god damn different they are. One is bounty and fertility, the other is rebirth, totally different from one another. When the item description says "initially revered", that's who she was until she was worshiped as queen so don't bother thinking that Gwynevere was worshiped as mother of rebirth before disappearing as that just wouldn`t make sense, especially hiding in a Way of White church and the fact Aldrich had an attempt at eating her. Not a very good disappearing act for Gwynevere if you ask me

When you piece this all together it shows that Gwynevere is involved big time. Not only that but she loves the dragon dick judging the two chests next to each other near Gertrude and past history connection with Seath, probably because dragon scales can make you immortal or maybe she just loves beastiality. So my point still stands, Gwynevere's number 1 priority is herself and will manipulate others for her own agenda.

HOW WOULD IT BE THEIR IF THERE WAS ONLY ONE FIRST BORN? GEE ENGLISH IS SO HARD GUYS!
Seriously though, this is mostly flavor text, I agree, but it seems odd that the INVISIBILITY RING references a stolen tongue, and how she is waiting for her baby to return to her. Why? What baby would be able to hide from a mother so well? Maybe an invisible baby? Maybe a revolver?
now this does put a hole in my theory, since invisible baby is the youngest, and the twins, lorian and whatever the other guy's name is were older obviously, so one of them must have stolen the tongue. It makes sense though, since lorian and lordran both were crippled faggots who were running from their duties and so they probably took the bitch's tongue so she couldn't talk any more shit about them or where they were to give plot dumps.
that doesn't disprove that the queen is not also rosaria, since there is a blatant line of flavor text that says,
also, that's kinda funny how that's worded, since it could be taken as a double entendre. You know. No tongue. Quiet.
Now you do bring up a good point
Because she probably wasn't stupid and thought, "If I hide in my room aldrich is probably going to eat me, since he's going to anor londo to kill all the gods. Maybe I should chill out near this place high up so he can't reach me and also so when he gets out of here he'll pass right under me."
Fucking also
she probably didn't fuck a guy who was a dragon man, the guy became a dragon after the magic shit drove him insane. She was also probably raped and made to give birth to a dragon abomination before going into hiding, and maybe she wanted to die at that point.
your speculations and reading item descriptions that only serve me tickles my sense of intrigue. Here's a question for you, why would gwynevere disappear completely if she was pulling strings? Wouldn't she be at the forefront telling the undead to go where he goes? If she really did care so much she'd chill out at the home bonfire and tell the ash man that he has some clean up to do. The man who gives you plot is crestfallen. but that means…CRESTFALLEN MUST BE GWYNEVERE REBORN BY HIS SISTER ROSARIA, CONFIRMED.

go

back

to

reddit

Okay point taken, the text really does point to Rosaria being a reborn Gwynevere especially the obscure ring stating that she was robbed of her tongue by her frst born and has been waiting for THEIR return ever since. That shit screams twin princes as their souls are inseparable.

Hugely disappointed by this. My head cannon has a far better story and end to her that I would of liked to have seen in the next DLC.

it's not like all of darksouls has the best "You feel accomplished and like you understand" lore in the world.
Also "their" does not imply plurality all the time; in the instance of the obscuring ring, it is simply stating a neutral gender statement, implying that it is unknown to be male or female; although with that, "their" being neutral also sort of makes it plural, meaning both and neither male and female at the same time. It was probably so they didn't paint themselves into any corners, but also because the translation team probably isn't the best.