MORROWIND/TES THREAD

HYPED UP ON SKOOMA EDITION!!

Almost ready to start the misadventures of mister skeltal in skyrim, just need to install all those mods user talked to me about. Especially that weird moon mod. Posh mudcrabs plus swearing mudcrabs is the only way to play. I must admit though skyrim is reeeeeeeally hard to make fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186724421
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17574
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
mw.modhistory.com/
openmw.org
wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Features
wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Bugs
steamworkshopdownloader.com/
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43131/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574/?
archive.is/b5TMl
ghostbin.com/paste/uvuhz
techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51232/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10622/?
youtube.com/watch?v=3sYTVnWLBYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Morrowind is garbage

Good to see you back, skellybro. Gonna go through the Undeath mod? Skyrim might not be fun but at least it has some interesting quest mods and some worthwhile lore to be found and shit to explore

I am currently struggling to find a mod that removes the quest marker for items. All the ones I find have been removed for some unknown reason.

I am sorry, by quest markers I meant quest items that you can't drop

Do you need it for a specific reason or do you just find it stupid you can't drop certain items?

Also, some Vehkposting to start the thread off

Both actually. Also about the pic in the OP my game crashed before I saved, this game is the most unstable of all the TeS games so far. Went I went back I encountered three dragons, and with the help of a small patrol(though not much honestly) I killed all of them. Then took a nap in the nearby village for the hangover to wear off.

you made me dig up this old screenshot.

That's the greatest problem with skyrim; you have to add a fuckton of mods to make it remotely enjoyable, but when you do it crashes everytime you do anything. If it was possible to get the damn thing stable with the 150+ mods you need to make it reasonably fun, I might go back and play it again, but no such luck.

On top of that many mods just make the problems worse.

source on the song in the webm?

10 seconds searching user, you make the skeletons sad.

I was just about to come back and say I found it

meant for

Does Holla Forums have a mod pack?

I've been thinking of getting back to Morrowind. I've not played with mods since like 2006 so what are some good mods out there? I want to play a Necromancer disguised as a Trader so any necromancy and economic and loving family mods would be appreciated.

I was able to find two that are still alive:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186724421
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17574
The second one doesn't actually remove the "quest item" status; it just lets you place quest items into special containers.

Might as well put it in the OP at this point
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf

This doesn't have enough blur, how disgusting.

Thanks user, I don't use steam so I can't get that one. The other one might be useful thanks.

It's not blur, it was me being high on skooma

Those are more graphics mods than anything else, but still a good guide.

I'm not so sure about the specific mods you're asking about, but it would be worth checking tesgeneral and going through mw.modhistory.com/

I'm pretty sure there's a good mod that lets you open up a shop, if that's the kinda thing you're looking for

So there is one road block.

Name me a buggier game than skyrim. Hard mode: Not Fallout 4

Is Skyrim SE more stable than the normal edition at least? Skyrim used to crash on me randomly every 40 minutes, even unmodded except for patches.

Mafia 3?

Well so much for that, the storage helpers isn't very good. If I use that I might as well use console commands, seems the only one I can use is steam only which I will never ever use. Fuck you gabe

benis

EDF 4.1

Baldur's Gate 2 has hundreds and hundreds of bugs.

Any MMORPG.

Any Obsidian game.

cant you just impress here with spells?

Apart from one bug that causes it to crash every 15 minutes if you have touch screen keyboard background process enabled it's more stable than Skyrim normal edition, it also much better, The only problem is the amount of mods dependent on SKSE and other dependent mods like HDT and SkyUI, although FNIS is already on SSE.

I don't know if that bug has been patched since they updated the game though.

In what regard, oh might voice of todd?

She usually tasks you with summoning a fire elemantal. If you don't know the spell she sells it to you.

Terrible

It's a random low level spell. Problem is that some of the "low level spells" cost a fuck ton to cast, which means some characters can't get in nearly as easily as others.

Huh. Just looked up the quest. Everytime I've done it it was summon fire elemental.

The illusion one is particularly nasty. Something like 200 mana.

I seem to have deleted some of my post, it's much better in terms of performance, it gets comparable framerates to Skyrim normal edition when both are at ultra, and in some places it gets superior framerates, especially in heavily detailed areas. SSE gets better performance and that's with shit like Ambient Occlusion, farther draw distances and volumetric shadows, this is completely expected though with the move from dx9 to dx11.

There's a fuck load of other improvements, as well, it can have more ai in combat at once and recieves a minimal performance hit compared to Skyrim normal edition which recieves a significant performance hit. The 64-bit render target option removes z fighting on mountains, which is that wierd thing on distant mountains which makes them flash, the water flow effect is far better, there is an option to stop rain from going through objects.

It's a much better more stable base for modding, but I'd still rather have OpenMW version 1.x+ than SSE.

The number one performance complaint related to Skyrim comes from the shit way that game handles scripts or more precisely their memory consumption. It's also the number one cause for bugs and general weird shit that happens. To the best of my knowledge this version did hardly anything to change that.

Muh performance and muh appearance are not valid arguments. You had mods years ago that did (and still) do both better. Same goes for the AI.

Now, you're either baiting, shilling or are just trying to justify a purchase. You're a fucking moron in any case

kys you stupid faggot

for some reason when I think of that spider
I always think of a giant spider with a egg sac on its back containing thousands of mature spiders, with their OWN egg sacs on THEIR backs.
the cycle continues too
one spider dead means you have a few million more to deal with
and they wont stop growing
its like fractals but they dont go smaller, they just increase in number
i fear the day when my dreams become reality

Truly these are the end times for this cesspool

Well, it's not like I planned on sleeping any time soon. Thanks for that.

Less being a retarded faggot, more killing yourself

Bethesda can fuck themselves.

Only reason they released the SE was to get people hooked on their Bethesda Launcher. Behind that one they put the CK and modding support. Behind that storefront they will put all future games in the TES series (and you know they will milk it some more) while also allowing them to introduce their way of paid mods and basically quit Steam altogether. All to have exclusive access to your wallet and your modding work.

AND THAT SHIT DOESN'T EVEN WORK RIGHT!

Five steps to set up the mess of folders and ini files so the CK loads. Twenty steps to package a mod. And that is if you get anywhere working on your mod without the stupid thing crashing on you.

ALL THE WHILE LEAVING ALL ENGINE FLAWS AND BUGS OF SKYRIM IN THE SE!

BETHESDA CAN FUCK THEMSELVES !!!

Holy fuck you are retarded.

In what state is the morrowind overhaul free thing?
I really want to play morrowind again

openmw.org

You can play from start to finish, only some mods are currently compatible but most incompatible mods rely on things like mwse, it lacks the features of mcp and mge, it is poorly optimized but should run fine on most systems.

OpenMW has new features not seen in Vanilla Morrowind and it fixes a bunch of bugs that were part of Vanilla Morrowind as well.

wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Features
wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Bugs

Nice one todd, but consider how you need to go back

Hey, Morroweiners.
It's me, necromancy fag again. I took a little hiatus from playing but, as promised, I believe I have found one of those necromancer lairs.

So, I left Balmora around 5 am on a quest for the Mages Guild to pay a visit to Sulipund. However, when I reached Sulipund I saw this trail of skulls. I wonder where it leads…

In semi-related news: The Skyrim TC Enderal is supposed to get a content update in the near future, centered around the "Golden Sickle" merchant guild.

I also do this, Mr. Skellington

The trail of skulls led to a spooky orc skeleton! It was a rather tough fight at level three, but when I defeated the orc skeleton, his skull floated up into the air. And when I touched the skull… this happened.

A secret door appeared across the lava. But the lava was an illusion. I could walk across it without getting hurt. Now I am in the lair. Night eye barely does anything in this deep darkness.

So…
play openmw or vanilla with mods/mwse?

steamworkshopdownloader.com/
Try this, you can just download it off the shitty workshop then install it like any other mod

That really depends on what kind of mods you're looking to use and how you want the game to look. There are plenty of mods that work with OpenMW, their wiki lists a few that were tested but plenty of untested ones work as well in addition to any texture/mesh/sound mods. However, if you want the game to look REALLY good and use some of the more script-heavy mods, you'll have to go with vanilla+mwse+mgexe. Keep in mind OpenMW doesn't have distant land implemented so the fog and shitty draw distance of vanilla morrowind are still there

This is a mod, right?

yes. blasphemous revenants.

I usually just have to cast a fireball.

Well, I didn't get far into the crypt before my ass was handed to me. I used up most of my health potions just on that orc skeleton. This spell absorption potion I saved gave me a strong advantage against the Altmer revenant, but with this greater ancestor ghost on his side, he always gets the best of me. I cast mark and I'll come back when I go up another level, fully stocked with good health potions. Once I find a necromancer to mentor me, he will teach me how to raise all these undead buddies. Not summon, mind you, but raise from corpses. The race of the corpse determines the attributes of your skeleton buddy.

Thanks for showing me this man, but it's still not working. I can't get the button to work, don't know why let me finagle with it.

Oh those are bound items, I thought you went out of your way to find some early daedric items

I returned with a few standard health potions and managed to vanquish the revenant. Now I have access to the workshop in the back of the temple. 2nd pic is the necromancers cauldron. They need to make large quantities of their alchemical mixtures so they can dunk entire corpses in. I am now a necromancer apprentice but I'll need to do a bit of studying before I revive my first skelebuddy.

You have an awful lot of meat on your bones there user.

Why is she so perfect?

I plan to keep it for a while. Skeletons are my pets.

BEAR OUR SORROWS

Does your tard wrangler type your replies based on interpretations of your grunts and squeaks?

MK:X

It is already quite glorious to see in action, but there are a surprising number of gaps that demand I make my own assets from time to time. Part of that is also killing time for the release of OpenMW and the probable deprecation of most of the non-graphical mods used (There is a large emphasis on gameplay correction on a case-by-case basis free of opinion design changes like the Patch Project as well)

I personally can't wait to rip all the good assets from Skywind and shove them into OpenMW like those cool Dunmer Steel and Ebony armors that can simultaneously fuck off.

Bait is a carryover from a previous post. Plan to stream the install when it's done. Screens do no justice as they are only some of the point of this.

I forgot to ask you anons about this earlier. In morrowind I was able to create very easy screenshots using mgeXE, which allowed me to choose the type of file saved and where whenever I hit the print screen function. Is there such a program for skyrim that can do all that?

Took a relaxing trip down the Thirr to keep my head clear as I study my necromancy books. I love the gloom.

Hey what mods is that, does it add seasonal things? That is pretty cool.

Tamriel Rebuilt
The Holiday Mod
NOM

really makes u think

Get the matchmaker spells and just cast them on a mother and son you know in game.

Also why is this Forsworn armor set pure sex? My Argonian's slut factor has multiplied by 10.

What a cuck. I uninstalled sexlab because it randomizes stats for all the NPCs so it was impossible to get a virgin waifu. Skyrim confirmed worst game.

As if there was any doubt. The mods just make it worse, I finally realized it was the skyrim redone bullshit that made everything so damned expensive. You can't fix skyrim, let alone by just changing values.

If you'd actually looked at the MCM menu for five seconds you'd see that there's an option right on the general setting page to disable that.

Then what's even the point of Skyrim?

Since when? It's not there.

He is using "The Holiday Mod" which is neat but I think some of the stuff is pretty jarring and doesn't fit with Morrowind like the Jack o' Lanterns or how everyone is somehow psychic and knows your birthday. I'd recommend this one instead
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43131/?
It adds many Dunmeri/Tribunal holidays and it fits with vanilla quite nicely.

I hate the new argonians, they have this stare like a chicken that just learned that santa isn't real.

autism status: #triggered

on a more serious note though, that model looks like shit. Like they just slapped an argonian head onto the body of a female human / elf. The long, patterned gloves and boots don't make it better and yes, I am aware that's supposed to be her bare arms and legs. It just looks like an insanely bad costume

There's only so much one can do to make Skyrim smell less like shit.

This is the model replacer I used though. nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574/?

That texture isn't too bad, but it does nothing about the argonians goofy face. The only one I can find just makes them look human. The Khajiits also have really horrible fur textures to, I have a better texture in fucking morrowind of all things.

Man this game sucks, everything I encounter is stronger than me even on the normal difficulty. You can't go anywhere till you grind your ass off doing pointless shit. Maybe a mod I don't know about is fucking with the game.

It's nearly time anons, the spooky adventures of Mr. Skeltal(provided I don't get some unforeseen setbacks) are almost here. Just need a few more of anons mods. It's a shame, despite it's flaws Skyrim could have been a pretty good game. Small in most ways sure, but it had a lot of potential. Take for example this city here, it's actually really nice right? Then take for example how Bethesda thought "we want jobs" meant we want to pointlessly grind when we should be out exploring. Damn shame…

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Do a little test run and then shelf it for a while.

Did the Special Edition of Skyrim fix how shitty destruction becomes late game or not?

Special Ed fixes nothing. Exact same game content, new .exe

Jesus Christ what a bunch of hacks. I just want to become a god raining death onto NPCs like I did Morrowind.

They least they could've done was scale the damage a little bit when you raise your destruction level for fuck's sake.

vanilla Fallout:NV

Shit niggers I complete forgot about the Grandvoidyard thing in the teleporter room. So I went there, and the guy who was supposed to be just a head has a new body and wants me to get him a starmap from the lab so he and his buddies can go on a spaceship ride. Should I have told them that is not how TeS space works? Maybe the Kahjiit on the moon will finally have some company.

Fallout 4 is a worse game but it is actually the least buggy Bethesda game I've played so far.

And to answer your question:

Holyshit this
I couldn't look them in the face for the entire game because of this shit

Depends if your playing PC or console for Saints Row 2, but the rest are less buggy except Vtm:B which took years to reach the nearly bug free state it is in now

Fallout New Vegas is the buggiest Bethesda Gamebyro game.

Oblivion is arguably less buggy, but when you account for how unstable and crash prone it is, it pulls far and beyond Skyrim.

So no, none of those games are less buggy.

Skellybro threads made me reinstall Oblivion, but I can't decide on a interesting enough build. Any suggestions for something fun and challenging?

Fun in oblivion. Choose conjuration as one of your skills, power level it to 100. Go buy the faded wraith spell(forget where), and stay level one the whole game. One time my wraith hit a guy so hard he just folded into the ground. It looked painful, magic is the best way to go because you can still make some fun spells. It's a pain though when you encounter enemies that have magic reflect/absorb/resist, but that is what your summons are for. Bear in mind summoned creatures are not leveled to eachother so if you stay close to level 1 you will never encounter anything that can beat him even if you slide the bar all the way to max.

i see you have invested in your bluff skill

So I kill some spiders for this one idiot in a dwemer ruin(I thought dwemer were only in morrowind), and encounter this fucking thing that kills me in two hits at level one. I tried again, and this time just sat at the entrance firing arrows at it. This is going to be the whole game isn't it? As an added fuck you, I can't power level my conjuration by casting summons apparently.

There was a Dwemer city in Hammerfell. But there shouldn't be any dwemer ruins in Skyrim. That's retarded, even if they did decide to retcon.

Well there are quite a few it turns out. In any case it seems the perk system was designed for the soul purpose of with holding abilities from the player. I am not grinding my ass off for even one character. This is going to be hell

I am so bored… there is nothing to do here. If you deviate even slightly from their shitty quest lines you hit tons of barriers. The most prominent one being the lack of skills or perks makes you hilariously weak, even more so then the random shaky stuff from morrowind. Except in morrowind you can compensate for it, here you are given nothing but useless grind. In any case I got open cities to work, and I met some khajiit who said the more they travel here the more empty skyrim seems. I honestly agree, at least I can by skooma

Jesus Christ how horrifying

I've never seen, heard or read talk of any good necromancy mod. Perhaps openMW will breathe some fresh air in the Morrowind modding community and make Resdayn great again.

Blasphemous revenants.
Read my posts above. More to come.

Oblivion. It's a fucking time bomb. It starts out fine, then it gets buggier and buggier until the game crashes every three steps.

You actually chose to impress her with your long, hard and sometimes warm Thu'um. The dialogue goes along the lines of

dob geg

Mighty magick does that.

Here is a threadly reminder from OP. Skyrim despite being for 64bit systems, can only handle 4gb of RAM as if it was a 32 bit game. Isn't that just crazy…?

Got a source on that? I don't doubt you because Bethesda are retarded and incompetent but I'd like some proof.

Just cast Hyper Beam or get a Harquebus and cast Za Worldo.

archive.is/b5TMl
Read it and weep weep for videogames

Damnit I keep getting CTDs when I loot certain things. At least I can revive mudcrabs to follow me around. I think I will cut this adventure short. There is absolutely nothing to do here, and the RAM limit is really bothering me.

Irrelevant as you can use external tools to enable 8GB of RAM for it and it's just standard business for Bethesda,

No

Can't help but feel bad for you Mr. Skellington. I take it you haven't played modded Skyrim before this?

I haven't played skyrim at all, I said that I would for this user who posted his mod list
ghostbin.com/paste/uvuhz
Some of them are fun like the posh mudcrabs, but skyrim is just a terrible game. And the mods that change the combat just make it so much worse.

dude, just get a Large Adress Enabled or whatever that shit was called so you can use more RAM for the game.
It's a simple executable you target the aplication with and then you're done (do it to the skse.exe, don't be dumb)

Is this tool similar to the 4gb patch tool. I would be interested in that, but I don't know how to modify an execute.

Tell me more. I know of the 4gb patch for the morrowind execute, but I never used since I couldn't get the MPP to work and the MPP will not recognize an execute after modification.

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/
Here. Get the aplication, target the executable of your choice and confirm it.
You can read on it more information but basically, it's a flag you can turn on and that's all it takes.
Works for pretty much any EXE file as far as I know, so any other Bethesda game and their Script Extender (which is what you should be using)

Morrowind beckons to you.

I just did a whole adventure in morrowind from Tamriel Rebuilt, snowprinceit sucked, sotha sil expanded, and more. I also hate this game, I constantly die not because of any real difficulty, but because the game refuses to give me anything to use. This is the absolute worst part of MMOs, but none of the community that makes it halfway bearable. In any case I made a mistake…

Thanks user, saved it for later.

Hah, fag skeleton.

The only thing that calls me to Morrowind is making it great again.

Then it's time you play the most skeletal of all the Elder Scrolls games.

I just downloaded Morrowind, what are some good mods

I would really recommend tamriel rebuilt. Walking to Mournhold is pretty nice.

This is still on my bucket list for sure. I hear it's more of a dungeon crawler though, but it's the largest of all the elderscrolls games.

I've discovered that no amount of mods is going to make skyrim into a good role playing experience. I've tried as much as I can and found that the only way to go is combat mods. It's a good action game, but I don't think it deserves to be in the mainline series of games. It should have been a spinoff like Redguard or Battlespire. Skyrim is basically Battlespire.
Morrowind needs better animation support so I can actually sit down in a tavern without tcl.
I've also been thinking about making a new mod recently. To add more life to the cities, I'll outfit and label the guards as peasants or travelers. Most voice lines would fit. I just think it's kind of jarring that 50% of a town's population is guards. Any other suggestions?

Definitely is a dungeon crawler. Sort of in the spirit of the first Ultima games, but with a much larger world. When you play it, keep this in mind: the overworld is for flavor. You're not meant to explore it at length. It's usually good to pick a province with temples/orders that match your skill set and build up a reputation with the locals to become a hero. Or, if you're an outlaw, you'll be traveling between provinces a lot as you wait for heat to die down. That's mainly the reason they make the world so big, so you can choose whether to be a local celebrity or an unknown wanderer.

The story is cool though because you're solving a mystery. it's more or less linear. It doesn't branch. But you have to use logic to figure out what do do next. It's about interviewing people and following leads and you have to know who people are to make sure you don't talk to the wrong people and fuck up your investigation.

Why not just walk up to the counter and pretend your character is sitting? It's all make-believe anyway.

Pretty much, it can be made into a decent survival sim/action game but never an RPG of any depth

So at anons request I installed a mod that struck a guard dead if he mentions "an arrow to the knee." It's a very good mod, but I also have a mod that whenever someone mentions"Let me guess- someone stole your sweetroll." They may get turned into a sweetroll as shown here.

OH BOY GOLLY! I SURE LOVE BEING DICTATED TO IN A VIDEO GAME! SURE CAN'T HAVE ME HAVING FUN EXPLORING NOW CAN WE?

It's kinda funny/sad how all interesting dungeons in Skyrim are linked to quests so you can't advance or even enter on them without triggering it first, so you never get the pleasant surprise of stumbling upon a cool area and exploring it by yourself, like you did with those strongholds in Morrowind or dwemer ruins.

I hated this shit in Oblivion. That and the cannot sleep in owned beds and essential npcs. God forbid fucking retards can't complete every quest in every playthrough.

Not only that it makes the game feel like a railroad, and even smaller than it actually is.

Ok so I have my first quest for the CoWH, and already this is a shitshow. First picture is me after being contacted bu the Psiijic order saying "Only I can avert disaster." This already has me yawning, then I die to a trap I couldn't see because torches only give light 3 feet from them. Then turn down the difficulty cause the game is spawning enemies waaaay higher level then me for some reason. Then finally we make it here to the bosses lair. The mage guy says "hold him off while I drain his power." First of all how does he know that will work? Second of all this boss isn't even attacking, no joke he just stands there. We basically break into this guys house, kill his friends, and then we try to murder him. I'll leave it to a vote, there are no essential NPCs. Do I kill the mage, or the Draugh? I vote mage personally.

Kill both, it's not like it matters.

Kill them all and steal their pants.

All dead, pants to. Now I have a big bounty, and need to high tail it elsewhere. It's pathetic I started in Markaath, and already made it to the other side of the map.

If you're as triggered by lizard tits as I am, there's at least a mod that fixes it
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51232/?

What are you doing nigger.
Have you never seen a kung-fu movie?
You killed their master, now the students are gonna hunt you. You must go to their dojo (the college) and finish the job. Years later, the chosen one will find the ruins of the dojo and an old master will teach him the Dragon Crane Assault Kick to defeat you with.

But it will all be for naught if you quit now.
Do you wanna be the villain or just a side character?

I know that you can't do the civil war questline without at least helping Balgruuf kill the Dragon attacking the guard tower.

That's exactly how I feel

I will return to all the places I have a high bounty in and wipe them out, but for now I don't really have anything to fight with.

No one must know my secret…

Go do Wheels of Lull and Aethernauts, maybe Moonpath as well.

So I finally encountered a dragon that didn't have one or two friends, and killed him. I also was going to kill everyone in this tower only to realize someone had beat me to it. So I stole their pants…

WHAT IS THIS KNIFE EARED PIECE OF SHIT DOING IN CHARGE OF A LEGION CAMP?

So this redguard called me a milk drinker so I killed him and took his pants. I come upon a bunch of bandits getting flattened by giants, and this murderous bitch is a strong women who don't need no man.

Are you sera from DA:I?

People wear some very nice pants… also I found a shrine to dagon, should I tell somebody?

I hate leveled chests sometimes

Finally back in markath. I have been to every major city in the game. But I still must make my triumphant return to Winterhold, and slaughter the fools who never understood my genius.

Go get Azura's Star if you haven't yet. Skellies need soul gems.

I have never ever played skyrim is grinding the only way to get good, or have any kind of an advantage at level 1? So far it seems the only options I have to really level the paying field are skooma, upgrading equipment, and alchemy/enchant provided I already know what I need. They removed the alcoholic beverages like sujamma, we still don't have teleportation like divine intervention, training skills is absurdly expensive, and beyond upgrading what I have I can't get access to higher level equipment. The progression in this game is fucked.

Steal everything in a location, take to local blacksmith. Break down into components. Recombine into armors. Refine armors. Level up a million times doing so. Repeat.

Just by raiding the bandit camps and the two dungeons near Riverwood you can end up with at least 2k, that's enough for some training. And that even before going to the first draugr ruin.

I have seven thousand gold right now, maybe more I forget. I don't want to level up though, don't enemies scale?

woops wrong one

It took me 700h to learn this.

It officially begins. I have finished my studying and my master has tasked me to obtain my first corpse. He wants it to be a male dunmer. The Mages Guild has asked me to recruit or kill Larlar Bereloth, who is in Sulipund, very close to our temple. He will be perfect.

So get this anons, the door on top of the temple of dibella places you outside the mesh. So I walk in and these bitches get all crazy about how all men are not allowed in here, so they decide to send me on a mission or kill me. Naturally I tell them to fuck off so they attack, but I run outside and the guards kill them. Two lived however, and now are permanently bugged invisible. I scored some good equipment though. But now I need to go to Riften to find a fence for it.

No men allowed in a dibella temple? What have they done to elder scrolls lore?

Within my first hour of play I witnessed…
1. A woman say "What's the matter? Never seen a strong nord woman before?"
2. A girl bullying a boy for money
3. Female guards, and soldiers
4. Female smiths
5. And more female merchants than male

This place called the ratway, is so badly done I have had to use the no collision thing in order to navigate it. Also I may have broken a lot of quests, but I don't care.

send help, I can't stop

Did you kill the strong nord woman? Did you murder her face?

If Morrowind is so great, why has nobody remade it by modding Skyrim?

Because they're busy adding the skyrim province to morrowind instead.

Go buy Lightning Teleportation.

Just had a silly thought:
Then again, who is going to put that much work into Skyrim. If the SE had improved on the engine, it might have revived the game, but as it is, it's pretty bland. Just more turd polish.

What? Getting lost in the ratways? You're fucking retarded. It's as linear as every other dungeon.

I didn't get lost dummy, I couldn't fit through the doors.

Got a new hat, and found a dwemer shield. I am going to see if I can enchant it with light so I don't need torches.

How did he get his nickname /po… I mean Holla Forums

A shitty reimplementation of a good game in a bad game, when the good game already has the potential to be given the only good elements of the bad game by way of the fucking engine rewrite that has been going on since before the faglords who shill Skywind were of double digit age.

I tried that mod once. While doing the "Blood on the Ice" quest in Winterhold, after interviewing the witnesses, I went back to talk to the guard to advance the quest.
Quest permanently broken.

He deserved it though…

Then blame the shit mod you're using and not level design.

I would rather blame the shit devs

So this idiot runs up to me, and gives me a weapon he has obviously just stolen. He then hides, and the guy he stole it from catches up to me. The guy then kills the thief, but is killed by a dragon that was near a ruin I entered. Free gear, also why do devs work to make detailed textures then make their dungeons so dark?

You don't need to see the high-re texture. You can sense it when it drags your game down to 15 fps. You're not entitled to see the texture. Isn't it enough they let you pay for the same game twice? I mean, what exactly do you think they owe you?

You do realize this user is playing on the pc and if he didn't pirate he got it for free?

Better bring a torch or the candlelight spell, motherfucker.

I realize you're gay.

shit sucks man.

and no, I'm not gonna play KB+M at the couch.

If you install the advanced race mod, you can change your height. It just scales your entire model up or down, and can be changed at the Face Sculptor in riften.

You're pretty gay.

Will they ever release the Daggerfall source? I just want longer render distance then 5m.

Wait for the new DF engines.

DaggerfallXL is the only active project there is and it's dead as fuck.

Not for a custom race like the skellington though. Thing is I am much smaller than the doorways, it's just that they have horrible meshes/collision whatever. Anyways I have left riften already…

My mentor has tasked me to obtain a suitable corpse and I have chosen Larlar Bereloth of House Telvanni. Now begins the delicate process of transforming a useless Dunmer into a versatile and loyal skelebuddy. First, I stealth archery him until he is dead. Then I strip the corpse, extract the soul into my blackened soul gem, and remove the head with the ritual blade. Larlar's Telvanni colleagues don't seem too disturbed by the process. In fact, a couple come upstairs to observe. The corpse is too heavy to walk back to the temple. Good thing I have my amulet of recall.

My mentor wants me to walk the corpse all the way to the Bitter Coast to skeletize, but he's just trying to be a pain in my ass. It will take a little bit longer here in the ashlands, but the old Altmer won't be able to tell the difference. A skeleton is a skeleton. Meanwhile, I'll go collect the other things I'll need to make this revenant: 10 portions of bonemeal, one netch leather and one scrap metal.

Damn user that looks like fun, encountered any bugs or conflicts?

All I want in my necormancy.

It lists known conflicts in the readme. It runs pretty smoothly in general though.

well he didn't specify he wanted something good

there's also someone else porting the game to unity

Fuck man, these carriage guys don't fuck around. He ran over that guard like he was just a bump in the road.

Damnit the elves survived…

With skooma anything is possible, but let me talk at length about something bothering me. You see these two pictures of me on top of the buildings. This is a place you're not supposed to be able to get to, or at least an out of the way place. You want to know what I found up there? Nothing… not one thing. In morrowind, and even in oblivion there were some not so secret places with hidden loot. Mostly just minor enchanted stuff, but it was a reward for going out of your way to explore the world. In skyrim you don;t have any of that, all these places exist to get you through as quickly as possible, with no secrets except a few locked doors. It really goes to show that despite what Todd the Liar says, the dev's hearts just were not in it. At least a glitch with my skeleton race lets me haunt the world as a possessed dwemer helmet.

Guy has an invisible horse.

Soon…

Isn't the Beyond Skyrim team gonna do that in like a decade?

Because it'll never be done in our lifetimes.

I am really abusing this equip glitch, and this fucking orc is still invincible.

I cannot deny that that bird has style.

B-but the notched pickax!

I remember that glitch, kinda sucks how there ain't a properly functioning skeleton race mod
Makes me wonder why too, is it really that tough?

It is my experience that skyrim modders hate fun.

The Jarl, and the Arch-mage are dead. However my victory will never be truly complete until all within winterhold perish…

But what about horse anus'? Aren't they fun?

Fuck meant to click spoiler image not do not bump
god damn it

Right, that's why
it's not that they hate fun, it's that skyrim is a game about sexual fantasies
Most people don't wanna fuck skeletons

Is the "remaster" even worth bothering with?
I got it for free on steam and the reviews are all shitting on it.

The only good thing I have heard about the special edition is that it is now out of the box capable of more than 4 gigs of RAM.

Wasn't that what Oblivion was about? Did skyrim ever reach the level that Oblivion hit?

Now that I've hacked my skelebuddy to bits, I set out to gather the materials I need to piece him back together. Leather from a netch, scrap metal from Arkngthand, and bone meal from the nearby tomb. I will be spending a lot of time raiding tombs from here on out, as they are one of the only places to come across the rare blackened soul gems. I also reported to the guild while back in Balmora. They were disappointed that I had to kill Bereloth.

The carrion I left out attracted all sorts of creatures, even a mudcrab! Now Bereloth is just a skeleton, much lighter than when he had all that meat. I place all the materials into the big skelepot. Here we go…

it is worth gettin it. it has its own folder so it wont fuck with your old skyrim folder. They are slowly porting the mods and it doesnt shit the bed when you have a lot of mods

Oh boy…

My very first skelebuddy! As you can see, he's kind of fragile, so I'll have him wait here in the temple until I find him good armor and a weapon. Each kind of skelebuddy has his own skills and attributes based on his race when he was living. I can even make girl skelebuddies if I want.

From now on, I'm a real necromancer, and I'll be spending lots of time creeping around tombs and building up my skeleteam. I forgot to screencap it, but my mentor told me that he'll teach me to raise skeleton warlords next, when I've mastered the revenants. Hopefully, I'll eventually learn how to blacken by own soul gems, too.

Does it let you name your skeltal friends?

I haven't found a way so far. Otherwise I would have named him Larlar Bereloth.

>>>/tumblr/

That dick does look pretty good though

So this is the temple that bans my craft and deems me unworthy because I'm not a blue-skinned nigger jew.

user we have been through this. Argonians, and Wood Elves are niggers. The Sload, and High Elves are the jews.

If Argonians and Wood Elves are niggers, what are the actual niggers?

why do people love trainwiz again?

They are Japanese believe it or not.

Who the hell is trainwiz, what did he work on?

all the big questy mods
wheels of lull, blackreach railroad and aethernautics. People love him for keeping it lore friendly and using loads of batshit dwemer shit but his level design and coding is ass

I hate to break it to you, but a lot of the Dunmer culture comes straight from the near-east. And the Redguards are mostly moorish.

First Gothic.
Also second and third Gothics, so all of them but first one especially.

The dwemer ruins being in skyrim is hardly a retconn, it wouldn't make any sense for them to be in hammerfell and morrowind without any sort of spread in-between.

Its established that the Nords and the Dwemer had a relationship but back in the first era the Nords were nothing more than roving bands of barbarians without culture.

Markarth shows up in arena but that game doesn't really detail much of anything. I don't see a problem with them adding the dwemer to skyrim, it doesn't conflict with any of the existing lore especially since very little of Skyrim was documented up to that point.

The domain of the Dwemer never spread to Skyrim. You need to have political control over an area to build cities there. The Dwemer only ever lived in old Resdayn. The one ruin in Hammerfell is a special case with a special explanation and they'd have to come up with a similar special explanation for Dwemer cities all over Skyrim to even begin to make sense.

Read the "Dwarves" books from skyrim they go some ways to detailing the Dwemer as they existed. The Aetherium wars also explain their collapse.

You confuse the great dwemer empires for the city states. The Dwemer of skyrim lived in small cities that hardly communicated with each other. If anything they were more like settlements made by pilgrims with little oversight from the ruling bodies of Morrowind.

I indulged in some incest by installing the matchmaker mod, going to family houses, and forcing siblings to fuck each other.

False, this is a recent muh diversity crap. The redguards are very heavily influenced by japanese samurai culture. Look at their sword singing ability.

Many of the races have a bit of jap in their culture. But the moor in redguard culture isn't recent. It's in the architecture and political structure of northern Hammerfell in Daggerfall.

i never understood this

but wait there's more

But user the Japanese hate niggers so why would a Japanese inspired culture have niggers in it?

I don't remember killing any of these people…

Ok so this run through skyrim has been pretty boring, but I think I have just the fix…

Yokudan culture has nothing in common in with traditional Japanese besides muh swerds.

I'm surprised you didn't give any of those corpses a boner.

ANUUUU!! SPOOKI BROOKI!!

Is Skyrim fixed yet?

You're a funny man user

Fuck man, I should have gotten this mod ages ago. The game is sort of passable now. Maybe the best way to fix skyrim is to basically turn it into stalker?

Pain.

Should be right here, lad.

You DO have the latest version, right?

skyre is fun combined with frostfall

so I grabbed ESO since it was only 10 dollars, I know how bad it is but I felt like I should at least try it at some point.

do the new updates at least make it playable? I remember it was a total disaster on release.

Last time i tried it it kept crashing my video driver, i had to underclock it. That engine is pretty shit. This was a month or two before the Gold version or whatever it is with all the dlc.

What exactly does requiem do? I have not gotten it tow rok right.

what mod are you using to play as a skellington?

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10622/?
Beware it has some issues, but it is sadly the best skelly mod on the nexus.

Who could resist dem jigglebones?

thanks user, i'll add this to my list of mods to use if i ever feel the urge to play skyrim again

guess i'm not pirating that yet

Is the special edition already cracked, or was it cracked from the start? I figured they would add denuvo, or something else to it. In any case it will not be worth a pirate until skse, survival mods, gun mods, and FNIS the game isn't worth pirating anyways.

youtube.com/watch?v=3sYTVnWLBYs

Are you ready for TES3MP

Wouldn't everyone have to have the same mods to work?

Why is that an issue?

If someone had a an armor mod someone else didn't have would that render the other character invisible to the player that lacked that mod? Or crash both games

It would crash the person trying to connect, ultimately the server would decide the load order.
But this wouldn't be an issue anyway, this isn't large scale MMO-style multiplayer, it's a 10 player max co-op thing. You'd obviously do it with people who agreed upon a common load order in the first place.

Can I get an official consensus on what each race represents?
Argonians: niggers
Wood Elves: spics
High Elves: kikes
Khajiit: dunecoons
Orcs: ??? Abbos?
Redguards: ? we wuz gooks n shiet?
Dunmer: ?
Nords, Bretons, Imperials: Aryan Master race I would assume

Am I forgetting anything? Dwemer = Atlanteans?

Dwemer are egyptian/babylonian/that whole area, with the asshole setting turned up to 11.

Argonians: Niggers
Wood Elves: Niggers
High Elves: Nigger kikes
Khajiit: Gypsies
Orcs: Niggers
Redguards: Arabs
Dunmer: Dunmer
Nords: Viking niggers
Bretons: Half niggers
Imperials: Jews
Dwemer: Ancient aliums

There is no consensus. There probably will never be. You're not even close though.

Only valid classification:

Argonians: Argonians
Wood Elves: Wood Elves
High Elves: High Elves
Khajiit: Khajiit
Orcs: Orcs
Redguards: Redguards
Dunmer: Dunmer
Nords: Nords
Bretons: Bretons
Imperials: Imperials
Dwemer: Dwemer

Well…

In the first game, they were all generic fantasy with Bretons representing generic feudal humans, closest to the English probably. Nord were your typical viking guys and redguard were your typical "prince of persia" swashbuckling type. High elves and dark elves and wood elves. were your generic high elves and dark elves and wood elves. Argonians and Khajitt were the only races with any real uniqueness, being basically people who paint their faces to resemble the beasts they descend from.

Then Daggerfall fleshed things out more. The iliac bay was basically shaped like europe and north africa. That, along with the architecture and feudal system, confirmed the Breton's British inspiritation (as did their names). It also suggested that Redguards were less persian and more arab sultanate. They also added religions that very much resembles the ancient Greek cults, adding to that whole Euro-mediterranean theme. As for the other races, they mainly stayed the same except the argonians became actual lizards.

Then comes Morrowind, which basically fleshes out the Dunmer. Giving them a religion that is a mix of hinduism and near-eastern paganism. Giving them architecture and art that resembles near-eastern. They also introduced the Imperials, who were basically the Romans. The whole political situation there resembles, to me, the occupation of judea by Rome, with the empire quietly making deals with the ruling factions and placing a puppet king that was raised by them. Some factions get neutered while others go rogue and the nomads that try to hold onto old traditions continually get fucked and pushed to smaller areas.

As for the Imperial handbooks, I haven't read them. But they flesh out all the races some more. Oblivion and Skyrim I don't give a shit about, but the were basically "all the races are lord of the rings now."

Also, forgot to add that in Morrowind, they gave the Bretons Norman names to further muddy the divide and make them generic Wetsern European with no specific nation.

It's important to note that a great deal of Daggerfall was retconned, and basically exists in a state of "canon until we say otherwise, which we do often"

this

You mean like the whole mannimarco thing, or the dragon break thing?

You think so? I always thought their buildings in vivec, and their strongholds especially resembled mesoamerican structures.

Other things too, like Ebonarm just kind of disappearing.

Objectively, what is the best Elder Scrolls game?
How shit will the next one be

You're both fucking idiots. Tamrielic species are all fleshed out, with only Nords and Bretons being faaaar aproximates of anything in real world. Your classifications of anyone as nigger show nothing except that you don't know shit about lore. It basically boils down to "I don't know their lore so they must be niggers lol"

I haven't seen you on fullchan in a long time fam!

Ebonarm is Reman, minor god of war, the Ebony Warrior in Skyrim come to test you :)

Okay, I'll bite.
Nords are an patriarchal society of honor built on Gaia worship thru the goddess of environment and war. They hold Lorkhan's spark thru the drive to conquer impossible (really the only thing that makes them Scandinavians in any way and it's a stretch). As children of the Sky, they retain the male principle by keeping history in oral form, not letting it become a decadent thing for old scholars.

Breton are torn between their human and elven essence. Elvish in their culture is manifested in high formality, while their human part finds it repulsive and is expressed in the will to freedom, which they indulge in equally. They're the least original race, most resembling anglo-saxon society.

I remember the whole thing with Mannimarco in oblivion being one of the most disappointing things in almost any game. They kept hyping up how powerful he was, and when I finally met him I hit him twice with my staff of shock. It killed him out right, the entire fight lasted less than five seconds.

I have not played Daggerfall yet, but of the ones I have played morrowind is best. The next game will be even smaller than skyrim, and even less choice. If that is even possible, but somehow they will make it ten times as buggy.

That's something I made up with. In actual TES he's never mentioned. Even TESO had a chance to use him and decided against it. Sai, Ebonarm, all those fuckers, they're pretty much gone.

They could probably make a game that's far bigger than Skyrim, but feels smaller than morrowind
I don't know if it's just that I got used to it or that the flora of morrowind was so different, but I never got the sense of exploration from the other games that morrowind gave out

Could be.
And the headresses of the ashlanders. There's a bit of that, too. But the art and the shrines and the hlaalu cities are all very Mesopotamian.

That's because Morrowind had a much more alien environment, and the devs hid stuff all over. You remember the daedric helmet in the nord king's tomb, or the hidden daedric bow?

Argonians are Cthulhu's beings from the void of pure change who's society and worldview you petty Nirnian can't comprehend.

Wood Elves are a mental asylum gone sane thru witch magic. They pay the price thru cannibalism and a highly rigid ritual and isolationist lifestyle. They live in the now and are a practical when not an inflexibile or feuding species.

High Elves live in a rigid, highly formal and caste driven society. Altmer, rejecting the principle of change, are caught in an inevetable cycle of decadence ripe with world defying despair from various factions, always stirring up problems.

Khajiit are the librarians of Tamriel. Without observer there is neither a hero or event and as a species which preserves ancient truths and keeps Memory sane, they're irreplacable. To handle all the secrets and keep an eye on Truth, they developed a very sneaky and ascetic lifestyle. This causes lots of friction with the high culture which built a strong pantheon, erected great cities and reached the moons.

And it's good shit. Unless he's retconed, he can stay Reman.

Orcs are punished beings who can't build a stable society nor are well liked in civilized societies. They're brutish, but great warriors. They have the strongest patriarchy in small patches of land they own.

Redguards are very aggressive people who constantly fight amongst themselves to a level of excess only seen in orcs. This is because there is no greater vision in their race because, rejecting Lorkhan, they rejected the world. However, they didn't go all the way and settled for conquering for conquering's sake. This lead to a creation of two strong cultural strains that agree to war constantly, rarely looking outwards.

Dunmer are elves who rejected their nature as rigid echoes of what was. Their society, from their history to highest leaders and mortal gods is one of faustian bargains and constant strife, which they accept in an attempt to become worthy.

Imperials are a actually two diferent peoples, maybe even races who historically came together. They're colovians; high culture, warriors, bureocrats. And they're nibenayians; sorcerers, theologians, diplomats. Together they make a strong machine that tries to achieve glory thru unification of the world as they are at the center of the world.

Dwemer are a bunch of atheistic nietzchean wannabes.

Motherfucker, I dare you to call anyone le nigger or something again.

Argonians are the niggers of Tamriel. They live in a trash heap of a country, they are used as slaves by a variety of races not just the dunmer, they are violent, and even cannibalistic.

is a meme

Black Marsh isn't le swamp. It looks so only on the outside. In the very core of it is an unborn and unfinished reality that no being from Tamriel can comprehend. In the same way, Argonians (who can also look like humans or be rocks without intelligence) don't build empires like other beings as the concept of Empire is an alien concept to their being. They percieve space and especially time differently.

apex bur fam smh
Argonians send their own undesirables to the outskirts of Morrowind so they can be captures by Dunmer and potentially be cut off from Hist-sleve. As you should know, Argonian soul is returned back upon death by Hist which can lead to inconveniece due to a pletora of reasons. Because of that, Dunmer are being good goys by weeding out undesirables.

If you're talking about Naga, yes, but TES game never featured a Naga since they live and appear only within Black Marsh.

top b8 m8

Hand placed loot, god bless it.

So I came upon the reforge the amulet quest, and completed it. It would have been better if it took a bit more effort to find these places. The fact that the one guys book names all of them right there is pretty lame. In any case I had to fight these three guys in a final showdown. Unfortunately for them, the note located at the entrance to the tomb had already slain me.

The ancients from Diablo 2. Good to see them again.

I just finished the CoWH quest line on another character because I hopelessly broke it with mister Skeltal, and honestly I am shocked how short it is. The entire chain only has 6 quests while the morrowind while being kind of boring at times had around 30, and oblivion had 18.

CoWH?

I didn't feel like typing out College of Winterhold

What is that? A joinable guild? What is it equivalent to in the other games?

The college is the default mages guild in skyrim. The Companions is the fighter guild, I think the thieves guild is called just that, and the dark brother hood is also the same.

Don't forget that most of the College quests have you kill draugr in dungeons. I can only think of one or two bits during the quest line where you need to cast a spell to continue.

Thanks to those who explained you can get into the college just by using magic.
I was assuming I had to shout at the woman because that is what I did in my mage and thief playthough of the original.

My achievement list looks weird because I'm almost level 50 and I've never absorbed a dragon soul.
It is my first time playing this game as a melee heavy character.
I've put a lot of points into the appropriate warrior things so the only thing that is the bane of my existence are ice mages who hear me clattering down a passage, slow me and run away while firing where my mage and thief would have killed them a mile away and without even being seen.
Also first time playing an Orc so instantly being welcomed into strongholds is kind of neat.

Diversity, dont want to be racist like those evil Stormcloaks! Skyrim is for Everyone!

Speaking of diversity here is a character experiment with body sliders I have wanted to do for a while. I do good?

god damn what's it with women looking like they're about to cry making me completely erect