Metal Slug

Are there any Metal Slug fans here? I want to play the series again, so which plataform should i pick the first game? the anthology the steam vers, or the originals on MAME?

to my knowledge pretty much all ports of the games are great. Just don't emulate.

Why?

what happens if you do?

MAME the originals, it's the only way to do it right.

Tarma puts his IRON LIZARD somewhere inappropriate.

Neo Geo AES, Phantom adapter, pirate cart from AliExpress.

Or for less cost, a consolized Neo Geo MVS and a pirate cart.

Well since SNK is currently on the path of being great again, new Metal Slug when?

probably just the whole board.

listen to these dubs

Mame, although the xbox metal slug 3 port is supposed to be alright and it has other modes.

Metal slug 7 is exclusive to the DS but they made an updated version on PSP called XX but you can emulate both.

I havent played the neo geo pocket or advance games so I'm not sure if they're worth it. There is that 3D one on the ps2 as well.

Anyone got download links?

if for some reason you have a Neo Geo Pocket, it's worth playing that Metal Slug version. It's my favorite game on that system.

Considering how they jettisoned their 2D division, I guess the answer is either "never" or "Metal Slug 3D 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Fio is mai waifu.

Is there a place I can go to download Metal Slug sprites? I'm tired of wading through places that have some but not the actual sprites or sprite sheets for that matter.

They've already said Metal Slug or Samurai Shodown are on the revival table for sure, they just haven't decided on what they'll do next. It will 100% for sure happen, it's just the when is the question.

Everyone that worked on Metal Slug XX still works for them and 2D is still possible for a new metal slug. They still do new sprites all the time for metal slug attack/defend and metal slug's sprites are nowhere near as expensive/animation demanding as a fighting game.

The steam versions work great aside from Metal Slug 1 that has weird slowdowns in some stages.

I want to impregnate that ass

Your waifu is a fucking cute_

Eri > Fio

ERI FOR SATAN

Daily reminder that Fio will likely marry a sports nigger and her family would never accept a NEET faggot.

Eri is the real waifu.

What, SNK finally forced those talentless hacks to fix all the issues that littered the Steam port?

2.5D

New Metal Slug when?

Whats wrong with Fightcade Metal Slug?

ah man what a waste

It's cryzis of its time - great graphics, shit gameplay.

I guess not

You're overblowing the issue. I mean, sure, LCD does have lag, specially the shitty home TV ones, but if you think you can't dodge for shit because of that, chances are the issue is at the end of the controller rather than on the screen.

No you have to install another emulator for SNK games.

The girl with glasses has bigger titties.

No you don't nigger, mame runs SNK games, only issue is that on some configs shadows flicker like a bitch cause on the hardware they couldn't do translucency so they just alternated opaque shadows on every frame and the name devs are fags who care more about the software being true to the original than actually working at all

Don't most modern LCDs have gaming mode? Its supposed to help.

Fuckoff to wherever you came from you singles faggot

Posting music

The Anthology have some pretty bad slowdonws on some games and maybe dropped inputs but I'm not sute on the last one. PS4 "PS2 classic" didn't fix shit. Sadly, it's the best way to play MetalSlug6 unless someone dumped the arcade game somewhere.

Play the originals on MAME, fightcade with a bro or just play the Steam ports(except the first one) with a bro too.
Metal Slug XX can be played with a PSP emulator like PPSSPP.

The Fighting Game general OP has a full rompack for Fightcade (the MVS ones):
You'll also need the neogeo bios there.

Which Metal Slug had Mr. Burns as the final boss with his shyguys?

Pretty sure it was Metal Slug 3

Found it.

Oh ok, I haven't even played 4. Don't know why I thought it was 3 you were looking for.

Looks hard.

Japanese games seem to always blow something huge up in the end.

Can anyone confirm if the Steam versions are fixed?

He's probably kissing all kinds of other boys now.

That's what you get during the time SNK was dead.

I had no problems with X or 3.

Rank the games in order of favourites:
I'll start
3>X>=2>1>5>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4

If you want to play online Fightcade is the way to go. Me and a friend ran through Metal Slug X together, I had forgotten how hard it was to work with another player.

Stay away Metal Slug Anthology on the Wii. The controls are shit and there isn't a way to re-configure them. I have a hard copy of the game and I never play it. The emulation feels off too.

I think X is the best, anything past 3 is meh. Everything that wasn't on the Neo-Geo hardware didn't feel the same.

bump

There's a Metal Slug 3D? How new is it compared to Pachinko Metal Slug? either way it must be pure dogshit right?

There's another mobile game other than Defend? huh must be boring i bet. Also the KoF sprites in MSD are really neat, and it still fits in Metal Slug's art style. Shame that it's wasted on a F2P mobile game and locked behind a paywall

Which is the worst Metal Slug and why is it 4?

but that's a lie, why would you lie like that.
mame seems to work great so long as you don't mind the tedium mame makes you work with on first time setup.

there's nothing really wrong with final burn alpha, but it doesn't work on as wide a variety of system as mame.

There is actually plenty of shit wrong with it, but, at the same time, it had some strong points to it too. I for one would welcome the news of another 3D metal slug with a reasonable degree of optimism.

WOAH, BIG!

i want her ass to eat my penis

no

What wrong with the ports?

nothing, other than the Steam version being very barebones as it's not a full featured emulator, but it has online multiplayer at least.

Anthology for PS2 and PSP was bretty good. Metal Slug XX was good too.

Best OST coming through.

It's not 'WOAH, PIG!'?

I had no idea. Also, my favourite is Metal Slug 7 on the DS, because that is the one that I have played the most even though it's not as good as others.

pleb

this
even on tablet imo it works great and still got graphical options too, also bluetooth co-op

Most of the ports of the games are great, except the anthology port, it has lag issues.

You do this to yourself user

Why would he want to miss out on combat school and instructor waifus?

Because worst korean mobile shit devs and 90% recycled sprites.

I went back to my PS4 copy of Metal Slug, and you guys are dead wrong about the lag. This is terrible extreme delay. But you might be right about it not being the tv.
I remember when I was looking up info about Pinball Arcade, the devs actually answered complaints about video lag on the ps3 and ps4 versions, they said it was something they couldn't avoid on the PS3/4.
Maybe that is going on with the PS4 Anthology port.

I am gonna try getting my Wii- version set up this weekend to compare.

Yes

Thank you for that valuable input.

Those aren't metal slugs.

Just use MAME for the first five games honestly.

All the compilations are pretty flawed in one way or another. The best is Metal Slug Complete (AKA JP Anthology) for the Wii but even that is still lacking a lot of settings from the arcade releases. It may be worth it for Metal Slug 6 though, I've never really spent a lot of time trying to make Atomiswave emulation work properly. 7/XX can be emulated easily.

Oh and stay the fuck away from those awful DotEmu releases on Steam.

7 > 1 > X > 6 > 3 > 5 > 4

I'll never forgive them for not capitalizing on the talent that made 7 such an excellent return to form. I waited eagerly for years for 8 to completely blow me away.

Asked a couple of times and people say that the only bad Steam port was the first one.

They're incorrect, they're all DRM-crippled pieces of shit and DotEmu is incompetent as as hell.

Confirmed.
Wii version is much better, on the same television; at least in terms of there being no input lag.
This version has annoying load pauses between areas, and the d-pad on the Wiimote is horrible.
I feel better off on the PS4 really.

bimp

Notice how the girls do an erotic animation while the guys get melted like normal humans.

THIS TRIGGERS ME SO MUCH WHY THE WIMMINZ DON'T GET MELTED LIKE MEN?

You can use the classic controller or gamecube controller if I bad remember.

Which fighting game had the alien as a playable character?

Gamecube controller, yes…. the only d-pad worse than the wiimote, thanks.
Classic controller, no. Metal Slug Anthology for Wii does not support it.
It's an abstract kind of hell.