What is THE BEST action-oriented camera-look (not diablo-like, point and click, etc.) dungeon crawling game on the PC?

What is THE BEST action-oriented camera-look (not diablo-like, point and click, etc.) dungeon crawling game on the PC?

binding of isiah

sakura dungeon?

Might and Magic 6.

Legend of grimrocks bretty gud. Not the best though especially by the criteria. Mix of action and puzzle solving.

Arx Fatalis? I suppose it depends how you define dungeon crawling.

The what now? You mean real time 3D action? With dungeon crawling?
Try emulating megaman legends or some shit.

What is supposed to make Arx Fatalis good? The gameplay is awful and the RPG trappings aren't good enough to justify suffering through the bad gameplay. The setting isn't interesting to explore either. I think it's rightfully mostly forgotten.

Words of a pleb who has never played it

Just call it soulslike.

I know it's fun to pretend to be superior for liking a game barely anyone bothers to play, but you could atleast try to explain why slow and clunky version of Dark Messiah's gameplay is any good. It's obvious they the technology constrained the devs, just look how the jumping (barely) works. Liking small, cramped caves is purely subjective, I give you that.

I like both games
You're just a pleb who cant even Runes.

what the fuck

Is playing slightly older video games your main source of pride?

Stay a retarded pleb son

Oh, I got trolled here. I almost though you were serious about this le ebin patrician taste vintage dated video games.

I hate Arx Fatalis and you're just embarrassing yourself. Pls stop.

Dragon dildos

I estimate that you've been on 8ch for a month. Maybe less.
Arx is a very esteemed game around here. Especially Arx Libertatis.

Wew, I thought it was rarer than this.
EL is clearly the superior game, but ES had that "confy" feeling to it. Even the card system was fun. Broken and dumb, but fun anyway.

At first I thought this was a thread to post arguments for which camera angle is best for action games.

So do you mean not isometric? Like first person or third person? What the fuck?
Shit nigger are you retarded?
Anyway try Legends of Grimrock. Or whatever it's called.

I think he means 3rd person. I hope.
I'd sugest Oblivion. It's pretty basic, but you can ignore the story and just dungeon dive everyday.
Too bad the loot you find kinda sucks, but eh, either mod it or deal with it.

You're the cuckchan faggot that goes around spouting "contrarian" everytime someone shits on you godawful taste aren't you?

Comfy space feeling is great and the top tier music helps a lot to achieve that.
Fuck, dont remind me

I wanna fugg this chink

I liked turning all my planets into Gas Giants of the same type in one turn.
And then someone discovers you have no fleets, declares war and gets surprised when you crap down and entire DEATH FLEET OF MURDER AND KILLING down your Dust-lined chimney.
Not to mention just sitting on your ass and waiting. 10 turns for the economic victory.
Boom, late game researchs compelted everyturn. Drop a wonder or simply research the victory condition research in 5 turns. Hilarious.
Last time I did this, it was about 50 systems continuasly crappping out ships that constantly moved forward. It made me want an "attack-move" so much. Oh and, "-20k Military Upkeep". Kek.

Arx Libertatis should be mandatory to be played since it solves the Rune problem.
I dunno why but the original game had some problem due to resolutions or something that made drawing runes very hard in the [CURRRENT YEAR] but Arx Libertatis fixes that and makes drawing runes much more reliable even in combat somehow.
It also adds some newer content.

The gameplay was a lot of fun, the sword combat felt meaty and simple but enough for an RPG (not an action game) and the magic was fairly unique.
The setting is also an interesting one with all the different races having to cooperate together, if a bit simplistic. I get it's a game made in a bygone era but if a remake was made, I'd imagine they'd focus on explaining where their food comes from or how their economy works even better.

It's also pretty neat the whole affair with the Gods and the reason for the perma frost.
It's also pretty much the basis for LifeWeb if anyone played that too.

whats with all the newfags?

Action-based (not turn based) with direct control of ONE character.

First person, third person, top-down, doesn't matter as long as it's not a turn based game or a Etrian Odyssey type thing

GAUNTLET LEGENDS
I can hear the theme.

But dungeons there are mostly simplistic and boring. I can't stand unmodded loot tables too.

Heheheh.