I hate the word "gamer" because it's toxic. I prefer the term "player"

archive.is/XANbG

every time

I just have to wonder why people are going out of their way to find and give hits to shitty articles on clickbait sites just so they can find something to trigger Holla Forums.
I mean it's probably a better hobby than actually playing video games but it's still hardly sounds very fun

Anyone volunteer to inform them that "player" is a term used by pick up artists to refer to themselves?

This neo geo timeline isn't so bad

It's ok because it makes them think of blacks, and the blacks DINDU NUFFIN

If these retards would just shut up for a year, the word "gamer" would disappear because it sounds dated. Then again, if the term disappeared they'd have nothing to cry about.

i was never fond of the term gamer. because im a slimy little hipster, i dont like marketing terms and it just sounds really lame. i mean its pronounced gay-mer for petes sake.
why not arcadian or interactive electronic entertainment enthusiast?
you know, the only time in real life ive heard anyone use the term gamer is to refer to themselves. to most people were just "in to those nintendos".

we don't all live in arcadia

Vid Kids

Its a weird world when we have to fight for the word "gamer" just to make sure they don't take over. But I know which side I will take.

Friendly reminder anyone trying to start shit over the term gamer is a filthy hipster infiltrator after people told them fuck off unless you spend like 30 hours a week playing videogames you aren't a gamer, and you should really break out of the hipster influencers trying to subvert your onions.

youre a vid now

The only time I ever hear about this shit is on Holla Forums. The only time I see transgender centred online comics is on Holla Forums. The only time I hear the word toxic, or problematic, or pronouns, or cis is on Holla Forums.

Stop posting this shit and leave it to rot on whatever piece of shit site you gleaned it from. We don't need to get updates on retards' opinions as much as you think we do. Fuck off.

They're still trying to push this failed narrative?

They'll keep pushing until it gains traction with MSM to the point where they interview another Literally Who.

And still they can't understand why popular opinion is against them.

I don't give a shit about what some hipster faggot says, I just want to post to show appreciation for based Toru Yano being posted here.

Personally I would never describe myself as a gamer or "someone who spends a lot of time playing video games." I may play them 30+ hours a week but I'll be in my grave before I get lumped in with a fat sweaty beta orbiter SJW faggot who plays sm4sh seriously and can't stop watching weekly Overwatch meme videos and panting over ugly con sluts. I'm no ubermensch but I have my fucking dignity.

cringeworthy assfaggot playing normalfag peasants trigger SJWs, what else is new

>Uh… yeah, a bit, I guess.
>I'm trying to save money, but thanks.

"Player" will always be associated with a guy fucking a lot of chicks. Not someone who plays video games.

I wanted to ask how you guessed that well, but then again that sums up 80% of us here. At this point when I talk to people about vidya I say beforehand that I'm a "pretentious" cunt who doesn't play modern shit very often. I don't ask for much but at the very least I want to talk about vidya that lets me play locally on the same console, regardless of how shit it is. I'm done buying consoles that I only ever need 1 controller for.

>people still ask me if I'm getting Battlefield 1

[citation needed]

Insecure wastes of space like this asshole feel they need to justify their interests by giving it a backing of artistic pretension. To give him credit though, while he got the nouns wrong, the adjective right. This entire effort stinks of desperation.

Care to screengrab that part, user?

The part I quoted is in the OP image. It's the first sentence in the second paragraph.

Thanks, my eyes have been blurry for the past days. My bad!

Maybe the stupidest thing I've read today and I've sifted thru salty sjws whining on twitter.

Well at least your boss showed an interest and didn't act like a casual or a cunt about it. Even if someone doesn't play games it shows good character that they can at least be interested in different things

"Gamer" has always been cancer, nobody should be proud for playing video games.
It's like being proud of sitting in your parents' yard bathing on your own shit because you have no drive to do something useful like learning a new thing and you're too shit at everything to have some real entertainment like a sport or a craft

Whoa, don't use the word "player", it has clear misogynistic undertones being associated with men who rape women for sport and slut shame their willing victims.

Any kind of emergent self-identity is inherently divisive, because it is a step toward othering and excluding someone that doesn't qualify for that label. Away with all distinctions! /sarc

goddamnit, reddit. you have to go back

>>>/normalfag/