Jesus Christ, how much money are Square going to shovel into Final Fantasy XV?

Jesus Christ, how much money are Square going to shovel into Final Fantasy XV?
This time they got a bunch of people to shill the game, including Ken Levine representing the waifu crowd.
What we must also remember is the mountain of other stuff they've released to help sell the game, including but not limited to:

After 10 years of rocky development time, including a title change, a waifu change and probably removing all references to XIII, I really think Square shouldn't put all their eggs into one basket like this, especially after XIII nearly killed the brand.
It's a good thing they have numerous plan b's in place in case it flops, those being Kingdom Hearts 3 and Stormblood: Final Fantasy XIV, otherwise Square would die. There is no way this game will make back its costs, let alone make any profit.

Who cares, it's shit regardless.

Where's the video games, Op?! You said there would be video games!!!

what are they doing?

I think it had something to do with a wheelbarrow.

Why do they think this gay boy band shit is going to sell to anyone but fujoshis?

I wonder how much money FFXV even costed when it was just known as Versus 13. I guess credit where credit is due, they kept it alive for who knows how long and it's probably going to be a fucking massive game, but I can't see anything happening besides this game making like 3 million day one, and yet it still wont be enough to make back costs.

Maybe thats why FF7's remake is coming out, SE is probably fucked.

they are
why else would they be hoping to make bank on FF7 remake, episode 1 2 and 3

Anything but video games.

SE is well aware of the ass pulling they are doing with PR. They are probably going to sequel bait FXV during this generation like they did with XIII

If lightningfags exist, why can't noctisfags?

NO LIGHTNING, NO BUY

That video is so fucking fake and the youtube comments are falling for it.
Can people possibly be this fucking gay and fall for obvious corporate hype? These actors probably never played a Final Fantasy in their lives and these chucklefucks keep falling for it. You know, you could make the excuse that their middle school students or such but fuck I don't remember being this retarded in middle school.

no, I have a feeling they're trying their damnedest to either prove that nu-final fantasy isn't profitable, or "prove" it.

There might be a fucker who's doing this to kill off the franchise, or to return it to it's roots and restart.

This isn't going to make a fucking profit on sales.

Or maybe they know that and they're shilling to other companies, not consumers, making deals and such to make money.

Or maybe they're pants on head retarded.

Common Core education, media brainwashing, etc.

We didn't have that shit in our era.

Media brainwashing was always there. I don't mean to get Holla Forums on you, but it's been here since WWII because you know (((who))) lied about a particular (((event))) that never even fucking happened.

I'M GONNA BE LIGHTNING

oh right. derp.

Though I do remember that it wasn't this fucking bad.

If they really have the female audience like you faggots say, i doubt this game is going to flop.

But if depends on real gamers, they are fucked. Homosexuals are just a vocal minority, and even the most retarded weeaboos arent going to just swallow up any jrpg crap anymore.

I just think it's the simple "wide audience game" regardless of what FF was founded upon

What I said beforehand. But there would be a lot less doubt and tons more defense from people if we didn't have to go through a trilogy of XIII games. Also we would be less skeptical if they didn't advertise for everything besides the video game.
Also by the looks of making this a mainline FFXV they are going to do their dampest not to return to their roots

It's gonna make a decent amount. not 50 million copies though.

Add in the hype monkeys who never played the games but were always fans of FF

*damnedest

I doubt normal weebs want it because of a distinct lack of waifu bait, but I want it because car. That's basically the only reason I'm interested in seeing this game, is it's so unlike Final Fantasy even from the other entries that I'm interested. Not enough to buy, mind you, but to see what happens.

No it's not. This game will fucking flop. FF doesn't have the pull power it did years ago. When shit like Fallshit 4 and Fagcharted sell less than the 10 mil needed for this game to succeed then you know it's gonna flop.

Square knows from experience that not only is it possible to buy success, it is possible to buy reverance.

I hope it does flop, but that 50 million copies quota sounds like bullshit PR to please share holders. I hope it's true, but they are probably bull shiting like they are with this advertisement.

don't forget the people who are actually not buying this game just because there are no female party members at launch maybe. I hope SE doesn't fucking cave in and add them which could fuck up their story

World of Final Fantasy > FFXV

well in all fairness A1 pictures is the MCdonalds of anime, they can just shit out anything in like 3 months and then forget about it.

FF16 should be made by the Bravely Default and WoFF teams.

Why is going back to FF's roots such a hard task for Square? It seems almost like this game is made for the devs first and the players second, its still impressive on a technical level but its still strange that they wont make a turn based RPG with XV's visuals.

Fuck Square and fuck FF. Shit has sucked ass since 7 fucked it all up.

Final Shitty Weird Sci Fi 15 is more like it. Fuck this crap.

What happened to ff13?
dont bully

They made assets first and didn't know how to make a game out of it once they were done. Same thing that happened to FF8.

Wew, the incompetence in vidya industry is astouding.
Thanks.

What does Jesus Christ have to do with this, OP?

Why are you taking God's name in vain?

sage and thread hidden because of blasphemy.

Didn't FF14 lose them a shit ton of money when it first came out?

It looks decent, as MMOs go, watched a friend play it a while back.

Relying on fujoshis as the main audience for a AAA game is such a miscalculation as opposed to appealing to male otaku or even people who like to play JRPGs that I don't really think that is the true market for this game.

I think they should have allowed more freedom with the car, what I've read about it makes it sound extremely limited.

It did, but SE shut it down, asked the FFXI guy to make it money again, and now that game has gotten so big it's making blizzard very uncomfortable. It's a bit of a shock, this must be how a leftist feels when Trump won. Shit really don't make sense, but here we are.

If it fails, the company will lose shitloads of dosh. Could easily make the difference between a slow death and 50 more ff games.

If you want some laughs, the FF XV demo from Japan is getting streamed fairly often onto Twitch by PS4 owners. It really is just a boy band simulator, and then the trailer at the end of the demo looks like FFX and FFXIII had a horrific mutant baby.

if it's anything like X-2 then it mite b cool

minus gay massage minigame

It's also only in the first chapter out of four. After that, it does on the rails, apparently.

Not to derail but that shit makes perfect sense if you have even the slightest knowledge of the history of republics or human nature/

it was actually the XI guy who made 1.0, they were so confident and cocky they really thought they couldn't possibly fail. This is why they failed. Arrogance is a hell of a thing.

Obviously it makes sense to anyone with a brain. I'm talking from the perspective of a leftycuck. They had the same reaction as the average Holla Forums goer has when they hear that FFXIV is not only not dead but sucking up the playerbase that WoW is leaving.

I don't even play MMO's but I've heard that it has been doing well for itself while WoW has been bleeding users

How sustainable is the MMO model, really? The mechanics just aren't that good.

I dunno, how long can you get a rat to pound away at a lever in the hope of a food pellet? pretty damn long, turns out.

Trying to make this as popular as FFVII with the same strategy: Absurd amounts of money spent in marketing

Shadowrun mixed fantasy with cyberpunk before anyways

In that way, MMOs are no different from WRPGs like Skyrim, though. Is it just the content updates that keep them Skinner'd?

X-2's battle mechanics were the best FF has done from 9 until BD/WoFF.

Turns out if you use ps1 boss fight mechanics and throw in some MGR tier music people will pay money to grind that shit out.

You'll be OK, user.

Except shadowbore is shitty top down rpg garbage and the new FF is god tier open world action adventure, aka the BEST genre there is without question.

Oh. I didn't realize you were shitposting.

Action adventure IS
OBJECTIVELY
the best genre, specially when it's third person and open world.

You should be ashamed of bait this shitty.

I am being
100%
serious right now.

A meaningless term, especially overused by retards who think Wikipedia is the be-all end-all of knowledge. There is literally no game that can not be more accurately described by another label.

Do it better.
Horizon Zero Dawn resembles the setting of a game that I've wanted to make for a long time, and if I ever have the resources to do so, I'm not going to let the existence of something else stop me.

It's like people who call Skyrim an "adventure game" because they think that just means a game where you go on an adventure, rather than describing an interactive story.

managers were a mistake

Wait, they made TWO spin-off games? And one of them is an MMO?

What the fuck, Square?

Oh wait, there're actually three spin-off games. THREEEEEE

They brought back action combat instead of turn based shit in 3D. They already got my money since I have been wanting another Star Ocean Til the End of Time.

Wide audience appeal. Majority of video game players don't want to play turn based combat. They would rather play a shooter or a God Of War/Assassins Creed 1 button mash combat. So they went with 1 button mash combat.

What the fuck will this game do that will satisfy your SO3 itch?

Action combat instead of the turn based trash they had in 13

i guess you could make the argument that skyrim is more of a roguelike

It's most likely going to have a more dumbed down system than SO3

I liked playing the demo and it felt very SO3 to me so I dunno, user.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really looking forward to playing Final Fantasy XII when it comes out next year.

Played the demo in moonspeak last night. Played much better than i was expecting, and way better than the platinum demo.

Battle system was meh until I actually fought something difficult, and then the nuances of switching weapons and all of that actually began to feel pretty cool. This game will probably end up better than 12 and 13, though that isn't saying much.

I guess this FF is gonna be theā€¦ final Final Fantasy

Shut the fuck up Carlos

Definitely will not be the case.

Eh the story in FF12 was meh and the combat system felt worse than the turn based shits from the previous. I always prefered the Tales/SO3 style of combat through the useage of skills in a more of a real time esq battle instead of either turn based or the mmo system that 12 had.

What was wrong with the story?

it was just the same story as Star Wars

Everything.

Characters were primarily static, and it basically just tried to copy FF:Tactics storywise, but somehow managed to shit the story up with boring and predictable characters

I don't know how to feel now- I want something "Monster Huntery" but I know it'll end up being nothing like that. The wife wants it because "White Unicorn Fox thing" and Kingdom Hearts combat.

The complete or ultimate whatever the fuck it is edition is ~$125 or so with 6 DLC packs that are not named yet which basically means if they don't want to release all 6 they don't have to.

What do?

Thats from world of final fantasy not ff xv

And then you posted the video and listed off all of their marketing. How are you not a shill exactly?