Game's that change you

Game's that change you.

The twist at the end, I still don't know if what I did was right or not.

Use to be a huge social retard but Persona 3 kinda taught me to get my shit together, not for my sake, but more-so for the people around me.

Showed me what I really want in video games, fast action, atmosphere > visuals, different themes.

We are not trying to control content, but to create context.

None, because I'm not a liberal arts student trying to makes games "art" and about muh feefees.

Are you autistic or something

Mother 3 made me into a better human being and taught me empathy

The entire fucking thing. This game was Holla Forums before Holla Forums was Holla Forums.

no you're not

Come on user, this guy is giving us a reason to start a race war with the lalas.

Are you autistic?

it makes you a really bitter person because you learn quality is no predictor of success and there'll never be any game as good at what it does ever again because of that.
it also changes you into a person who hates sega

i get that feeling. it basically taught me how to have conversations with other humans

t. autist

DOW 1 SS.
It showed me that BDSM and sadistic societies and people are actually powerful and successful.
Also that kikery works - well.

Pics related - prisoners turned into soldiers through science and sexy women turned warriors and gladiators (through science and sexiness).

Undertale, it's just so amazing, one of the best games ever made. The story telling, the humor. It made me want to start making games and create another story that will shake up gaming.

Now that is how you bait, I commend you on the craftsmanship.

It's bait, it's just that I don't know how he did it. That Toby, he is a genius. Pure genius. A game where you do not kill but you win by friendship… how could he create such a masterpiece? Such a twist on the generic formula of killing, so nostalgic. It reminds me of the days where everything was innocent in my childhood.

The music had so much soul, and the animal characters. Oh god, the animal characters. Just amazing, changes up the whole humans everywhere thing. I am glad that among the indie games that are terrible, one game rose above everything. Undertale will be forever remembered as revolutionary.

If you call being the most irrelevant and useless faction in the setting "successfull", then yeah.
They only continue existing because noone wants to go into a guerrilla war through the webway to try and find commorragh, although that may change with the whole deal of the custodes and ADMECH going to commorragh to work out a deal with them.

It's NOT bait*

My bad.

Runescape taught me how to grind and not be afraid of big workloads.

Fucking this. OP is a major faggot. Let's take Nier for exMple. You didn't do right or wrong because it's a FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

This

OP is a faggot

Postal 2 taught me it's harder not to hurt people than it is to hurt them.

BUILDS. The only "RPGs" I had played before DaS1 was Oblivion, WoW, and Skyrim and I had never been exposed to a game with actual builds.
The difficulty (relative to the shit I was playing) helped a lot too because every time I got stuck I made a new character with a different build to see if I could get past that point on the new character. Sen's fortress was my brick wall and I think I made 4 characters before going back and clearing it on my original one. After that point I didn't get stuck again and didn't make new characters until I beat the game. When I did, I immediately went back and made builds with their goal being for co-op which was great because it naturally encourages you to put arbitrary limits on your characters so they'll be in level range with others.
I've probably made well over 100 characters and finished 40 builds throughout my 1000 hours with this game and I'm starved for other games that have good combat, great build variety, and reasons to make builds. I don't even co-op or pvp but the mere existence of those features is reason enough for me to make specific builds with them in mind.

I know, I probably complain about it more than you do and could probably write an essay on everything I hate about the game down to the smallest nitpick. Name a game with better build variety, better core gameplay, and more reason to make builds and I'll play it and say DaS1 is shit but until then I'll enjoy it.

Now who's the faggot?

Rapelay. It awoken something in me.

Change is not the right word

Moved is

Not video game but VN. Reading F/SN helped me out a lot. I used to be kind of idealistic as a younger kid, but going through school and watching just how shit everything was in the world caused me to lose hope on having much impact. Fate didn't have much impact, but UBW and Heavens Feel both did. But I still don't know where I'm going - trying to be the hero for everyone even though I know I can't, or trying to be the hero for a single person. I guess I still need to find that person, if it's the latter.

I had the same feeling when I first played Warframe

although to be honest Undertale did give me a waifu to love and nurture

Life isnt animes you fuggin queer what are you some kinda gay

Jesus fuck

What's the point of flavoured lube, anyway?
You don't lube up your cock for a blowjob.

How would you know

I'll have you know I've sucked over 50 cocks in my life and I've never needed lube once.

But wouldn't you have preferred if they had choco lube on them?

fucking hell Holla Forums

what

I've never even seen a penis in person other than my own, I'm funposting

What are you, a fucking casual?

I know, Nier and Bloodborne are garbage. :^)

That game and Yuri's Revege have such a special place in my heart. Playing with my brother and Dad was great.

Yes, I'm monogamist scum and wish to get into a relationship before engaging in non-masturbatory sexual activity.

Persona 3 and Bloodborne are garbage.
The only game I ever played with my father was Allied Assault.
He got somewhat convinced that video games weren't total garbage and a waste of time like he still somewhat thinks.
Learned most of the basics of WWII throught it and got an interest in History ever since, its something he refers from time to time.
Funnily got to play and hooked to RA2, Generals and RTS throught a friend of his who later lent me a copy.
Also remember playing Skifree at his house.

My fellow straight, white, Christian male.

Fuckoff to >>>/cuteboys/, exchange contacts and get done with it.
Holy shit

Yeah, probably. It's brainless fun, though.

I never got into it as much. Base building happening outside of a queue wasn't my favorite either, but it was a good way to change some of even the basics of a C&C game.

Never played that. Might have to give it a try.

I mean, Pathologic I can understand, but fucking Metroid?

Shh, let him show off his elite Holla Forumscore taste.

You probably wont like it now especially considering thats its the CoD formula in its infancy, but you should give it a try regardless.
That shit is a timeless classic, it oozes atmosphere and the gameplay, pacing, scale and level design are superior to its successors.
I can play anything else for that

E.Y.E made me stop feeling guilty when I moved forward and left people holding me back.
Metroid made me see that there was SciFi outside Star Wars.

Your next line will be "contrarian"

Jesus

W E W

Nice proxy

only acceptable answer for a video game, fiction that isn't exclusively an allegory for a real-life concept should have no affect on your life beyond entertainment

Emulated it for nostalgia value, ended up rediscovering a perfect storm of simple-yet-brilliant driving mechanics, great visuals, a surprisingly compelling story, and fantastic music. Helped me set new, higher standards for what makes something good/fun.

Skipped right to the American team + manufacturer when I first picked it up. Lost hard and often, but learned a lot of things about the game, and felt damn proud beating the GP

It's an especially stupid thing to say

Persona 3 FES taught me to accept death and move on.
I was going through a time where both my dogs died in the year before and the year after. It also made me reflect where I wanted to be in life. And one day, I'm going to die and need to accept it as gracefully as possible.

Persona 4 taught me to appreciate my friendships and not to live in my own echo chamber. Seek the truth even if it's not what you want to hear.

Mass Effect 3 just taught me to lower my expectations for the gaming industry and to never be too hyped for anything. It also taught me not to ever buy an EA or Bioware game ever again.

Dragon's Dogma showed me what I really wanted in video games. And that is that I wanted a fantasy game that I could immerse myself in. And being able to climb monsters.
I also really want a game that is like Berserk that isn't Dark Souls, because Dark Souls is only close to being Berserk when it comes to references and dark themes.

Yeah, but did you really feel the need to change IP like that?
I mean, it wasn't that stupid.

Because I'm out to get you obviously.

C'mon guys…

Funny thing is I never finished it. Played it to Ravel 3 times. I guess I'll never know and isn't that what really matters in the end.

Do you think all art is liberal faggotry? Games can be art while remaining games, like all 4 in the OP.

Marathon Infinity makes EYE: Divine Cybermancy look like a fucking joke.

It has a plot so intricate and filled with tiny details that it has been thoroughly analyzed by Macfags for over fifteen years. The story will leave you confused and requires multiple playthroughs to make any sense of it. And the final level in the fourth picture is so crazy its brilliant. The level designer for that map spent TWO years working on it, continuously evolving it from the multiplayer map it once was, and the size of that map almost reaches the maximum which the Marathon engine can handle (1023/1024 polygons), a fact even referenced in the text terminals of the level.
The story nor the gameplay hold your hand, you are dropped into seemingly random situations and timelines if you aren't paying attention, and to make any sense out of the story you actually need to assemble the pieces yourself. No matter where you go, you are following orders from AIs and massacring aliens, with the dream levels used to reflect that. All of this creates an unique chaotic maelstrom where you're desperately trying to find a way out. This might sound like a pretentious indie game, but it actually was made in 1996 by an offshoot of Bungie.

This game will sharpen your attention to detail to near-autistic levels.

Fuck off to Reddit faggot. I bet you think art is "subjective".

No. You'll have to finish it and see. Hope you've maxed that wisdom and int.

Okay.

>get addicted to read about the history of Rome and thoroughly enjoy every bit of it to the point of having read 10+ books so far and learning latin
I-is this normal? Am I a sick fuck?

Drilled it into my skull that I will fail one hundred times before I succeed, but if I try *very* hard and concentrate, I may only fail ten times.

Does it say something about me that I know half of the games those sentences in that picture reference

this made me want to be a better person
:^)

This.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. taught me that vodka is great and guns are fucking fun.

I've never had any other game "change" me because I'm not some indie cocksucking faggot that wants everything to be "deep" and "meaningful".

actually Morrowind gave me a boner for Kirkbride's LSD-infused writing, and EYE showed just how much sheer fun vidya could be, but neither of them were really in any way "changing".

>Que Lindow dying tragically and the rest of the team going through the grieving process, essentially causing me to relive those early months when it happened IRL.

I like to think it helped a little so I didn't end up getting clinical depression or something. Pity it didn't finish the job though.

Hhhhhrrgg I guess I just can't format my posts correctly

FTL is all about developing builds. The ordered chaos with which you acquire items and fight enemies necessitates that you learn how to design effective, flexible, and diverse builds.
Some people complain that success or failure in the game are all the result of RNG. Yes, if you're going to lock yourself into one build or not really develop a good build at all you can still win if you're very lucky. But if you design an effective build you can overcome whatever bullshit the game throws at you.

You're asking for too much.

None, since I'm not a twelve year old who has never read a book in his life