Dead Rising

hey Holla Forums, you might remember my thread from the other day where i asked about the differences between dead rising 2 and Off The Record. i am having a new issue with the franchise right now, i started up the first game and it runs like fucking shit.

i've been sitting here for the last 2 hours searching for a solution on google but i can't seem to find anything that really speeds the game up into normalcy, or more like, stabilize it. the frames are dropping harder than the people of willamette.

when you start the game up, the frames are perfect, but as you play a couple of minutes and start meeting zombies up, the game slows down progressively until its running at like 5 FPS and becomes straight out unplayable. Its as if the game loads the zombies and textures of every area you visit, but forgets to un-load them when you move away, so it keeps eating up at whatever processing power you have until there's nothing left. i exited the safe room and im supposed to give backup to brad but i can't take 10 steps before the game slows down to a snail pace.

i know this isn't tech support, but i don't know who else to ask, i really want to get into this franchise and i've heard the other games have the same problem. my PC is running an AMD card, R9 380. im on a cracked windows 7 with 16gb RAM, my rig can run bornesouls 3 at constant 50-60, so i'm assuming the game is a poorly optimized port its crapcom after all and needs the user to do things to it before it can run well.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/427190/discussions/2/350542145698457067/
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73070&start=120
community.amd.com/thread/191813
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why don't you start by posting your dick ?

every single google result is dead rising 3 this, dead rising 3 that, i want a fix for the original game and i cant find a single one.

works on my pc

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Worked fine for me before I refunded it because it's shit

so can i get your PC specs at least?

They're shitposting
This board is dead
Whats your CPU?

Fx 8120 CPU
win7
16gb ram
AMD r9 380
corsair 850w PSU

dont know what else of use i can tell you, i've found 2 threads on steam, one said to increase the pagefile size instead of turning it off or having it automatically managed, i did that, it did not work.
the other thread said to turn on OpenGL triple buffering from the GPU settings software, i did that, and it didn't work.
really don't know where else to aim for.

I had this same problem and I Honestly forgot how to fix it

I think it had sometime to do with turnin vsynch off

Lower the graphics, keep the frame-rate at 60 or whatever it was and turn off all unnessesary shit.

Seriously, just play around with the graphics-selections until it works.

Theres your issue
Check your temps

From what you're describing, the CPU is probably choking on AI and collision when the zombies load.

Start off with the usual stuff. Lowering graphics, resolution. Go into your graphics card manager or whatever and see if you don't have stuff like forced V-synce, triple buffering etc. Try borderless windowed (does DR1 on PC have that?).

Worked fine for me and that was the pirate copy which had an issue as well. Perhaps that is it, you got a pirate copy but not the fix. If it is a pirate copy, check for the fix.

i7 3770K 3.5GHz
16GB RAM
ASUS P8Z77-V LX
660Ti (now have a 1060 but at the time it was 660)

I'm on a (now) toaster 2103 laptop and apart from slight stoppage when you hit 100+ zombies with a hockey puck at the same time, it runs at 80 fps all the time.

Update drivers, search drivers most fitting, v-sync on/off etc. If there's a similar program for AMD cards as Nvidia Inspector maybe you could try forcing some things on and off one by one, the main options are shit.

i had vsync both on and off and the problem persists in both cases.

its a very gradual slide until unplayability, i start the game and it plays smoothly at 60 FPS, the more times i change zone or enter into cutscenes, the worse it runs, after about 2 cutscenes and 3 zonings it slows down to 5 FPS.

i monitored my CPU and GPU temperatures from the moment i boot the game to the moment it becomes unplayable from low FPS. The maximum temperature was 57ÂșC, that's average temperature for a computer running a game.

here are my settings, i turned everything off and the problem persists, i also tried having triple buffering on, surface format optimization on, shader cache on, and power efficiency on.

Try taking off AA and that "tesselation", I don't think it even existed when Dead Rising came out and I'm not sure Crapcom is competent enough to add it well into the port.

the software seems to have no option to turn AA off.

closest thing to that is "use application settings", im gonna try one more time with that but i doubt it will change anything.

If it doesn't work then I'm out of advice. Sorry, hope it works out, it's a great game.

dead Rising was never good.
install internet Explorer 11 was a legit solution to the no audio problem when the game was ported, bravo capcunts.
wouldn't be surprised if the fix for your problem is putting the game in a different drive or directory.
Dead Rising was never good.

it didn't work, im updating my AMD drivers and going to give it another go

my C: drive is like australia, fuck off its full.

Is it a pirate copy or not? If so, do you have the fix?

nope, updating amd drivers didn't work either, the game keeps slowing down after i move a couple zones.

its pirated, using CODEX crack.

the only "fix" i found was the mouse acceleration fix, and i've already installed that. am i missing another fix here? i considered the possibility of it being issues with a faulty crack too.

The only other thing I can think of is dicking around in the .inis and looking for level streaming settings to disable. Fixed a similar problem for me in other console ports such as Alpha Protocol. Of course, that may not even be an option with an MT Framework game.

well, the only .ini file is steam_emu.ini in the games folder, and i don't see many options to disable in there.

i have installed that "hotfix" thing if that's what you mean, but it didn't change anything, the problem still happens, progressive slow down until game is so slow its unplayable.

its as if the game is forgetting to stop processing the things that happened in the previous area when i move to another. im completely mind-boggled here. Might as well just fucking download internet explorer 11 and see what happens.

also, i appreciate you guys trying to help, even if it doesn't works at the end of the day.

Right. I don't know what to say. I don't think the game has had any support since launch, so it could be an issue that needs patching but hasn't been patched. Maybe go to some forums and ask around. Hope for the best.

They've shockingly been patching the game recently, and people are reporting that one of the recent patches fixed the memory leak OP is having.

so it IS a memory leak on part of the game, i knew it couldn't possibly be my PC, its a 2006 game for fucks sake. Besides the dragons dogma port was really good performance-wise, and so was the DMC4 port (as little of it as i played, it worked fine).

i did some more intensive search in steam and found this
steamcommunity.com/app/427190/discussions/2/350542145698457067/
CAAAAAAAAPCOOOOOOOOOOM

Its probably a missing update
people are reporting that their game started working out of the water.

did some even heavier google searching, i went to steam, found a code for a "beta" patch, and googled using that code. And i found this thread in some russian forum

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73070&start=120

there's a 3DM version and an ALI213 version of the 3rd steam patch that supposedly fixes the leak, i tried both patches and none worked.

That is about everything i could do. looks like i wont be playing this anytime soon.

I am truly sorry user. DR1 is legit one of my favourites. Missing out on such a gem sucks.

Dragon dogma and DMC4 are MT Framework, is basically magic that could run in a shitty calculator, is not a really good reference for performance

Honestly, every Japanese game that manages to have this kind of issue is because the game was only optimized for NVIDIA cards. This might sound stupid as fuck, but did you possibly try verifying the game's cache in Steam by any chance?

How new is your hard drive, by the way? Wouldn't be surprised if it or the SATA cables connecting to it were the culprit. Check your PSU too, just in case as well.

see
is dead rising japanese though? i know its capcom, but i figured they had an american base and DR was made by them instead of the japanese.

a shame, i was really getting into it the little time i played.

i even managed to rescue Brad and shoot carlito at 5FPS, it was a horrible experience sure, but i could see the game behind it and its definitely something i'd like to have played. Too bad crapcom is a never ending disappointment-dispensing machine.

DR1 was by Capcom Studio 1
DR3-4 were by Capcom Vancouver.
Thanks Canada.

Installing IE11 fixed it for me, wish I was kidding.

could it be that the cucknadians got put in charge of the PC port and beefed it?

little something: before i had this FPS slowdown problem, i had the other "failed to initialize direct x" and the "0xc00007b" error, a classic. i've had every possible problem in the book with this fucking port and so do people in steam, people who legitimately bought the game are getting fucked over this game.

Override application. should be able to turn it off.

i installed IE11, it didnt do jackshit.

also, that was a solution for the audio problem, not the FPS problem, from what i've read on steam

i tried that, it only gives you options from x2 to x8. there's no Off.

from what this thread says community.amd.com/thread/191813 i have to set it to "use app settings" and then turn it off from within the game, but that didn't really fix the slowdown problem, i'll give it another go right now just to be sure.

tried, tested, failed.

okay, before the thread 404's

i managed to get the game working fine it seems.

what i did was this: download the FitGirl repack which uses the base game + all DLC + 3DM crack instead of codex crack

it was the fucking codex crack that was fucking me up

wow, they weren't kidding when they said the AI was shit

game working now, its actually pretty fun, i just killed cletus and saved that fat ass david just in time to reach
the saferoom before the dr barnaby rescue case

my last wish, and i hope someone can fulfill it, is seeing the StopBullying comic of the convicts going WEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL, because apparently its nowhere to be found on the internet.

Is a shame they didn't get how psycopaths work in the sequels. The original game have the best characters with the best charisma.