Next color?

How come all consoles, PC's, monitors, controllers etc. are black? I miss when shit was different colors and had variety. Why the fuck is it all black now, so fucking boring. I loved the Gray of the Ps1.

Other urls found in this thread:

decalgirl.com/skins/2828/psp-skin-nisshoki
smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/?no-ist=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They extensively focus group test different designs/colors for consoles. Also, the new Xbone is white.

All electronics are black now. This is universal. Computers, keyboards, mice etc are all black

The reason why is because they want to stay away from making their devices look childish. The other more logical reason is because black electronics don't stain as easily as white ones and usually age better as years go on. Like the IBM model M that's black still looks pretty nice today

The Gamecube for instance was derided as being like a child's toy because it's default color scheme was purple and it was shaped like a small cube. By comparison the PS2 had a more subversive design and wasn't a top loader like the PS1 so it looked more ahead of its time.

Hopefully there's a pink or rainbow console someday.

Matte black surfaces look alright, even with dust and stains. White electronics look like shit unless they're very clean. That's probably why.

Which is funny since it's the opposite with cars.

Even grey consoles yellow over time and look disgusting, and can do so inside of a year or two if you've got a smoker in the house.

Well, black cars are usually glossy, not matte.

Gross.

Didnt the snes do this too?

Yes, and the NES, and Game Boy, and cartridges for all of the above (including n64) that use the same plastic. The Dreamcast did it too.

Would black plastic only serve to fry your CPU even faster, maybe it's kike scheme to get people to either buy fans or rebuy their fried electronics.

You're retarded. Unless you leave your console out in the sun, black plastic is not going to make your system run hotter.

Driving through the ghetto in my town, I sometimes see niggers watching TV on their front porches, so I guess it's reasonable that they could also play vidya outside in the sun. user is probably a nigger.

wonder if your basement even has a fucking window

Well-lit != Poorly-cooled. I live in a world with air conditioning, so I can let in natural light and still not have my console's black plastic grow hot. I don't even have a basement.

You disgust me. I bet you're one of those people who puts a garbage bag on their car door when the window is broken.

Tell me, user, how much food trash do you have strewn on your desk right now?

They made portables in every colour basically. I have a pic related because when I went to buy it they were all out of black ones and being an impatient child I bought it anyway. I used to hate it because everyone said "omg pink is gurl colur what r u gay xd". Now I love it and I'm glad I got it because muh 80's feel.

smh tbh onii-fam
decalgirl.com/skins/2828/psp-skin-nisshoki

Sad.

but it is, you mentally ill tranny

Actually, pink used to be a strong, manly color until the kikes changed that.

Not everything is kikes.

We need to take back the color pink

smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/?no-ist=

No, it really was the kikes.

Galaxy doesn't count

Sad :^)

What limited editions does Holla Forums have? Nintendo drops the ball on a lot of shit, but not making a paint splattered wii u bundled with splatoon will always be a big one for me

Shame, the PS2 is ugly as shit, especially compared to the DC and GCN.

Black is old stuff, now it's all about orange

Got a pink PSP too, shit's good, but it's more of a candy pink than the 80's magenta.

See-through is the next frontier.

Kek.

Also the PSP.

Indigo Gamecube Master Race here.
Got an Indigo GBA to match (cause I'm a faggots who likes to color coordinate)
and my ASCII NGC Keyboard is indigo (on the bottom, top is white).

Purple is the color of pimps and kings.

I want these

I got the blue ps3 superslim because I'm a sucker for toploaders

was this released in north america? I have the Slim, how does this compare to it?

The first time I had the money to upgrade on a whim, and this baby came out. I haven't treated it the best, some of the edges are getting a bit of wear and tear, but i've started putting it in a case when I travel, so it should be okay from now on.

The regular superslim was my first PS3, and I love the way it feels to open and close that thing, also it was cheap as fuck in the states. I ended up trading it to a buddy so I could put the money towards a backwards compatible model, but I will probably get another SS someday when i'm old and collecting things becomes my sole joy.

colors are immature and gay. Xx-bl4ck-xX is "coolsville daddy-o"

These are beautiful. I'm guessing they go for an insane price now though huh?

My PS2 was a total butt slut. You should see the size of the HDD plug she's got in her behind.

FTFY

An extreme minority of historical accounts != pink being a boys color.

It's not just smoke that causes that, sunlight causes the bromine in the plastic to seep out to the surface.

Transparent consoles were the best shit ever, shame they died off. (There were two transparent Nintendo 2DS models released a while back though)

According to the Nintendo Switch teaser their new Pro controllers are going to be transparent. Either that or they'll have a transparent faceplate covering an opaque backplate, it's hard to tell in the video.
I wish companies released transparent plastic housings for older consoles. Just pop the console out the old shell and screw it into the new one. The PSP and DS Lite have a lot of replacement shells but I've never seen a transparent one.

I thought about something that but the pink buttons wouldn't match

you might have the "other" pink version which is some very light pink, the one I got was a limited edition with this dumb bimbo slut sponsor on top, despite the pictures it's actually way brighter irl

I just wanted to play video games and I was tired of waiting, stop bullying me

That Char's zaku bundle gamecube is sexy as fuck

It would be cool if they went back to offering a variety of colors like when they did this for N64.

Nintendo's "color" phase was back when they were trying to ape the "amazing success" of Apple's colored Macintosh line. Probably how they acquired such a clique of cancerous hipsters in the first place. Lowest userbases (muh non-mainstream), no software, and vibrant colors… it was the Apple of the video game market.

I just love pink stuff. I don't care if people think it's gay. It's a pleasing color.

My 3DS is pink and black

Don't you care about what people think? That you might be gay or something? How do you do it?

that sounds lovely

Why does this happen to the console itself but not the controllers?

Black is less prone to getting permanent stains and it appears futuristic and sleek to consumers.

It's a shame that PSPs breaking so easily from UMD drives breaking and WLAN switches inside breaking. And that most of their good games came out around the time it's death occurred.
Still got the one I bought but I can't even connect it to the internet more. Really just going to use it to finish Persona 1 and Persona 2.

I always thought they looked cool, so I guess it worked on me. I never actually bought one though as it didn't offer anything my 64 couldn't do.

Pink is great you fat fuck.

I used to own one of the Jungle N64 controllers. That was my favourite controller and I don't even like the color green.

I also wish they'd go back to having those transparent colour schemes but these days they're probably worried it'll reveal how shit the internals are or something.

I'm a 6' 4" tall, hairy and fat polish canadian, I really don't care what people think. Especially when I'm on 8 to 20 hour long plane rides for work.

When my blue controller broke I ended up getting the neon green transparent one. Ever since then I've had a hard on for transparent controllers.

PS4 is supposed to be getting one soon.

Black looks 'new', compared to the old beige/grey devices all throughout the 80s/90s. Remember when those started to turn yellowish brown? Same reason they don't make wood panel hardware anymore, it's all about making it look different and therefor it muse be better. We're probably going to see a trend away from glossy black soon as well, probably towards white ala the iPhone or XB1 Slim.

I fucking hate color theory.

In an era when computers were all beige coloured, colourful computer are definitely a positive. Of course, Macs were ass back then, but it's still a cool idea.

They've already got one, saw it in the shops yesterday and I'm an ausfag so you cunts definitely have it.

It's transparent, like a cloud of smoke

I wish there were more special edition consoles.

If you bought pink consoles like in your first pic, you're either gay or colorblind.
Pinks that soft are reserved for 10-year-old girls and faggots fruitier than fucking Milo Yiannopoulos

I think the Wii and the 360 both released in iPod white, though the wii did get new color variants later on.

You know what I loved about the 90's?

Everything had color, and texture. Nobody was afraid of looking childish. They were trying to make everything vibrant and attention-grabbing.

The sort of people who think black is "mature", and anything colorful is "kiddy", and therefore bad, are also idiots. They're self-conscious morons who care more about being seen as "adult" and "professional" than anything else.

We've hit a point where wearing a Hawaiian shirt can get you stares, because it's more texture than these people can handle.

I spent a week shopping for keyboards a month ago because only IBM Model M's are white. And I was actually ready to buy one, but I talked into the Cherry MX switch meme. Finally got lucky and found a limited run full-sized aluminum keyboard. Aluminum is also a meme, but at least it's not black. Everything else is black, RGB, usually lacking a numpad… what happened? When did people stop having taste? Black is the safest choice imaginable. White is still pretty safe, but some people really have a hate-boner for white. Well I hate black. It's a boring, bland, garbage color for boring people.

Grey was just the black of the 90's.

Be careful what you wish for.

Gamecube is 2002 innit?

I always liked the orange Gamecube. I was disappointed when they decided to limit the launch models to purple and black.

they make shit black because it hides dirt and scratches easier

Black and white are both terrible at hiding dust/dirt.

Dude are you retarded? That's grey stuff that hides scratches.

white is good for hiding scratches, as long as dirt doesn't get in them.

The colors themselves aren't a problem. The problem is that the clean, dark, monocolor look is considered Professional and Mature, making it a very common fasion choice for adults. Because the attention seeking faggots are looking for an easy way to draw attention to themselves, they go out of their way to wear the opposite, resulting in the rainbow brigade we hate today.

HDD goes inside; the drive connector and network interface are the block that screws onto the back.

Anyway, BLACK AND WOODGRAIN are best, but black with a hint of chrome is lovely. Best of the seventies and eighties there. I should get a woodgrain sticker set for my PS4, currently serving as a stand for my DS and my phone's repurposed cradle.

The whole house is your cave, your den.

why cant we have good things like pink too?

Dbrand's got a sale, if you're serious about that.

I loved the form factor more. PS4 Pro is just HUEG.

I prefer them, too.

Chinese sellers on ebay have better skins that some POS kitchen cabinet contact paper that only covers the left edge of the system.

You weren't alive in the 90s, you posing self-indulgent millennial faggot.

Are you foreign?

you've never been to an arcade and used an arcade cabinet?

I've had decent luck with the fit.