pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History November 8

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Papacy
mega.nz/#!QptzkJpB!_iAl3BiKofNRj7Oz9-JFpwSi9uueoyYgxv6kt2jr1HU
youtube.com/watch?v=PXRQmu3gRWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread is going to look silly next week.

I'm sticking to tall nations from now on.

I'm fucking nervous, I tell you. I'm not even american - I live in slavlands - yet Shillary getting the presidency scares the living shit out of me.

sage for offtopic

What map game are you playing on this historical day?

Making Byzantium Great Again in VeF with user's edits.

Getting my shit rekt by the fucking Beçnek Mongols and their unbeatable stacks of 33k.
I don't know what to do anymore, including crusaders and mercenaries I can barely muster 30k but even if I have terrain advantage they still fucking win.

Still turning Mesoamerica cannoli.

For what purpose?

I don't plan to stop at Maya.

Same for me here in the united emirates of krautistan.

Trying all reservate nations and the changes for them in VeF

Oh and I might have been wrong it's possible that only the tribal ones reform to high american, I'll test it over the next days.

We're neighbours then.
Please don't elect merkel or her ilk ever again, or at least for as long as my country is in EU. Every time I open the papers and read whatever it is she said this time, I get pissed off. Can't be healthy

(checked)

(checked)
I wasn't aware that Czechistan gives me more say in the elections than the (usually lauded as progressive and western by the media here) Germany. Our current president got elected directly (just counted how many people voted for which one, and picked the one with most votes) and pretty much did a fuck you to the whole government. So while you got the ministers meeting with Dalai Lama and expressing support for their independence, the president decides to go on a trip to China, agree on several big trade deals, and basically tell Dalai Lama to fuck off. It's pretty hilarious in how much and how often the government clashes with the president

What new mechanics I should know about if I am going to play VeF?

Just go ahead and dive in. There's an in-game VeF encyclopedia that you can access at any time

Oh boy a discussion on the EU!
I'm taking a course on the Greek economic collapse and good god the EU is literal a shell entity for the Fourth German Reich. I can't fucking believe they have gotten away with this for so long.

this time the reich is controlled by jews tho

It's a system that highly discourages change and following ?party ideals? dunno if that's how it's called greens are feminist, genderism and all that bullshit, the left has infighting between the old SED of the GDR and the new feminist, Zionist transatlantik wing
Basically it's just a huge circle wank between our politicans often enough parties strike deals with each other to let members of each side into higher positions a good example is the constitutional court.

This amuses me a lot more than it should.

Basically what said thogh I'm not sure if the encyclopedia mentions that to increase bureacracy you need to enact a policy which is unlocked after reaching Adm 3.

Not really germany has to pay the bills but doesn't have any reall say most of our leaders only do what washington tells them to do.

If that was the case, then maybe it would at least work. In reality it's a messy clusterfuck that only serves to move money.
It's basically a crime syndicate

Then how was your minister of finance Wolfgang Schäuble able to ruled out granting any debt relief for Greece?

Yes, it moves that money from the subordinate states into the nobles pockets in the ruling state.
Its feudalism on a larger scale.

Can you specify what you mean? Date, Place who was involved etc. I have a hard time finding something

Making Mesoamerica great for once.

Hey man, they were great for their conditions.
Also, inca is better.

Also, inca is better.

Also, inca is better.

Now this is some shit.

Holla Forums is breaking.
GIVE YOUR ENERGY TO TRUMP

Im doing so elsewhere, Holla Forums's well is drying up.

Yeah the Maya were pretty advanced despite their relative isolation (from the rest of the world at least), same goes for the rest of the Mesoamericans and Incans.

It is happening, boys.

It will never happen unless we start killing the remaining heirs of the osmanoglu dynasty.

What is the maximum value I can put for AGGRESSION_BASE in defines.lua?

I know that AGGRESSION_BASE in the defines.lua governs how aggressive countries are. However I don't know what the maximum value is.
Does anybody know? Also I am scared of things I don't know about. Like when I put it too high, I am scared that there might be hidden values for dictatorships or fascist states who break the maximum and become super peaceful. Sort of like how Gandhi in Civilization was the most peaceful leader, untill he became a democracy and made him jump from negative pacifism to Nuclear Hitler.

you were right you glorious faggot!

GSG where I can play as Trump when?

You should start with capturing Kostantiniyye. Unless you actually like the minarets of Holy Wisdom.

You mean the dongers of rape and third-world poverty ;^)

Do you hear that god awful yarring chanting for the glory of Allah? It's coming to replace the church bells near you.

This is only partly correct. I'd say that the EU is much more as if the USSR won but stayed in the western political group. As it is right now, the only place ballsy enough to have an Ethnic Nationalist vibe is Japan. Britain skedaddling away is just to retain their Civic Nationalist supporters.

Holy shit, do you have the numbers to the lottery too?

kek

Is MEIOU and Taxes actually good? (The mod for EU4)

CK2 After the End would be your best choice imo. I would start an Americanist Trump Dynasty right now if I wasn't already in the middle of a vanilla playthrough.

It's good, but I'd say VeF is better.

expand cannoli

Is it any fun? Seems interesting.

wewuz vikingz n sheit

What is the hardest thing to accomplish on a grand strategy game? Be it in general for the genre or something to a specific title.

World conquest.

Save Germany in Darkest Hour starting in 1945.

Resisting the urge to blob

Having fun.

I never quite understood this, I know that /gsg/'s attitude towards blobs is one of "meh", is that because it's a generic way to play or a suboptimal way to do so? I recently started playing HoI3 and learning the mechanics as I go, but haven't reached a point where I can blob.

But rewritting history is always fun, user.

I enjoy it.
It has some outdated mechanics but overall it's pretty solid.
Brazillian and British invasion can be very annoying as their event spawns have no attrition penalty and never despawn unless killed (though my war with the Brazillian's was probably one of the most intense wars I've ever played which kind of made up for the bullshit).

you are like a little babe

respond pls

rob I know you are here, help me pls

You could have googled, from what I have read you can use values higher than 6666 without issues, most likely there will be a cut off at which there won't be any discernible difference but you will have to testthat by yourself.

The goal of gsgs is making aesthetic looking maps and living your alternative history revenge fantasies. Blobbing like bacteria in a petri dish goes against that. WWII games are an exception because of the nature of late modern period warfare.

Mate, I googled yesterday and today.
I found nothing suggesting a maximum value anywhere.

RRREEEEEE!!!!

Base was 8 and 15 for unciv. I wanted to keep that ratio so I put in 3333 and 6666, so both together are just under 10000.

Anyway, I really would like to know the maximum where it makes a difference, so then I could use maximum divived by three as the base and the base times two as the unciv bonus to keep up the balance HPM intended.

Also keep in mind that you shouldn't just recreate borders of the maps.

Also people who recreate the roman empire and put Rome as the capital are plebs in my eyes.

True, it needs to make sense. ERE blobbing into France and Germany especially before retaking the western powerbase looks like shit.

*eastern

Best ERE is the one who doesn't go across the danube, but focuses on the middle east and especially taking Egypt.

I really think losing Egypt was what made the Roman Empire into the Byzantine Greek Empire.

Sounds about right, though I feel Egypt should also especially be part of ERE because of its importance to Hellenic civilization. When I'm playing ERE I aim for Justinian borders, but that does make Italy feel like a periphery of tax fiefs. I can't actually fathom what they would have done with Rome the city. Keep it around as a tourist destionation?

Constantinople = secular seat of power
Rome = spritual seat of power

More importantely = One of the most fertile food surplus regions

Crusaders very often tried to conquer it.

I don't know. The emperor would propably continue to want the church to be kept on a tight leash after the bishop of Rome went all Caesarmaker. Placing spiritual importance to Rome would invite fracture to the realm.

Well, that is reason why it became so important to Hellenic civilization too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Papacy

I think it's really fucked up how Paradox manged to make catholicism the better religion for the Byzantine Empire, because Catholicism is much more centralized, funnily enough.
If you make an orthodox Roman Empire, than your vassal kings would have absolute power over their vassals, because each of them had the power to just ask for an excommunication, instead of that power only being the privilege of the Basileus.

I also think it's disappointing generally how paradox handles this. Good thing there is ck2+.

The interaction and struggle between secular and spiritual authority is still severely lacking across the board in CK2. But so is a lot of other things.

Next DLC is apparently going to fix religions, so there's that.

you have a summary?

The dev just made an autistic RP post on the forums, but you can infer from it they're working on religion mechanics and heresies.

I can't wait to reform Catholicism into accepting women as popes.

Same-sex marriages and homo adoption. Continue your lineage with a Abyssinian tranny.

I'm wondering if for the next version of user's VeF I should add Vinland (A lost Norse colony in Newfoundland that's in Canada)

The guys are colonizers and will probably make a clusterfuck of the Americas. On the other hand, they get a modifier called 'Vinland isolation', which makes their tech 30% more expensive (130% tech cost without modifiers, Scandinavian tree tech is 100%)

Get a trip, it would be enough to use it once per thread if you are going to talk about VeF edit. Just to be sure that is you.

I suppose I could.

mega.nz/#!QptzkJpB!_iAl3BiKofNRj7Oz9-JFpwSi9uueoyYgxv6kt2jr1HU

Changelog:

>Added Vinland (Requires GoB enabled to work), the lost Norse colony in Newfoundland (Vinlandic culture, Norse pagan religion), also modified their ideas a bit (1st national idea enables exploration, 2nd one enables colonization. I hope the AI isn't stupid enough to make them colonize africa first. But who knows? Nordics love niggerdick after all :^)

You really don't want to go with smaller numbers, do you? You will be at 100 in no time.

If the intention isn't to make them really thoroughly backwards as opposed to just making sure they don't go full Western steamroller on the Americas uncontested, an alternative to making them Western but with a huge tech malus is giving them the Eastern tech group, assuming tech group research differences still work the way I remember. That's how I've usually seen it done as a custom nation, and I imagine that's how most people mod it in. It makes sense, since the Russian principalities' arms and armor are more or less descendants of Scandi arms developed in isolation from Western techniques. The bardiche, for example, is a Sparth and/or Dane Axe on steroids, and the Russians loved nasal helms & lamellar and chain. I'm not sure if any of the funky wood/leather laminar wearing American Indian people happened to be out as far east as Vinland was, but if they did, that'd be a probable source of inspirational development. 'Man, these wood slat suits work pretty well. What if we hammered metal into a suit like this linked with tiny bits of wire instead of painstakingly linking tiny bits of wire to other tiny bits of wire?' And dane axes into not-Bardiches are trivial to imagine, because it's just a dane axe with a second upward beard and the lower beard being fixed to the shaft for reinforcement.

It'll also look a lot more aesthetic later in compared to westernized OTL Scandi-style infantry, feathered hats and all. West Euros arrive with breastplates, poofy shirts and crested helms while the Vinlanders are kicking around with full lamellar & arquebi in pike-and-shot formations. Later, you'll end up with neo-crusaders from the remaining Catholic states trying to fully break into North America with Napoleonic equivalent tactics facing off against Tsarist Russian mass infantry formations, with predictable results, while Orthodox missionaries lure men off to the New Varangian Corps in Byzantium to get mercenaries for bullying the Italian statelets.

And as one more thing, it also gives them a nice cavalry ratio, which will be rather funny, because the medieval Scandis and low medieval Anglo-Saxons didn't really use horses except when the nobles used them to get to the fight before dismnounting, which to my understanding is partly because of a lack of stirrups and partly because there just weren't enough horses to go around for even proto-shock cavalry. So instead of the tech group giving them the ratio for contact with the Mongols and Turks as in Russia & Byzantium, it's because the Vinlanders broke into the Great Plains and remarked 'HOLY SHIT THERE'S SO MANY HORSES.' And suddenly all the professional thanes and the wealthy levied free men who could afford them got the idea in their heads to saddle up and chuck javelins at these god damn Indians while the infantry run them down under bombard fire.

well they should be backwards, they are supposed to be a lost viking colony that lost all contact with europe, i see no reason why they would only suffer a 30% penalty.

True, but assuming they survive past the rough early days instead of dying out as historically, they're also going to be constantly trying to find new ways to increase yields due to the trouble living in undeveloped and frigid Newfoundland & new ways to rout out the Indians amongst other things, and by necessity will have some fair success in this. They're not going to stop dead at their level of medieval technology and not add some refinements onto their 11th century baseline. I'm not sure how backwards their teching speed ought to be and if or how they should be able to get past any additional special malus beside outright westernizing, but I do stand by Eastern tech as being a good stand-in for Scandi tech further developed first in a vacuum and subsequently with Asian influences, as in Russia.

Yeah, the eastern tech works nicely for visuals, since it makes them look like some sort of varangian guard.
But the techlevel its just hard to pull off, by the time the europeans arrive, they would already have pike&shot, wich doesnt makes sense at all for them to have since the asian technology did not spread there like in europe.

Horses were brought to America by the Spanish.

I wonder, is there a way to give nations a tech malus to researching a specific technology? It's not like some alchemical nutter might not find gunpowder in a vacuum as already happened before, but it should be something you really have to work for if you want to get gunpowder before the yuros arrive. High tech cost abstracted as the king asking for thunder in a bottle, somesuch impossible sounding thing that confounds all the wise men. Gate them like this at particular breakthrough technologies if they aren't Westernized or at least not in contact with the West, while leaving the following technologies at normal cost after the lightbulb flashers overhead, and leaving more mundane/incremental techs unmolested.

Maybe that's too much of a pain compared to a tacked-on malus, I don't know. I remember it being quite possible to go full Viracocha with a custom nation in the normal point limit and start selectively sniping rich central & southern Amerindian states & gobbling whole tribal pastures without anything that can stop you once you get the conquest train going, so maybe a heavy malus is best to prevent their head start from letting the player let alone the AI lock things down too easily. Whatever makes for a good balance of being able to half kick over the Indians' collective teepee without presenting a huge obstacle to Europe as a whole or being a speedbump as the Indian states usually are, just tougher and more attractive to conquer as far as resources go.

I thought there were previously wild horses in the Great Plains just as there were in Eurasia? Shitty little stubby-legged things, to be sure, but something that could be selectively bred and crossbred with European horses? Did they get hunted to extinction by the nomads before anyone arrived? Sorry for such an amateur mistake.

No, there werent horses in america, the only large mamals were buffalos and llamas, thats part of the reason why development took so long for native americans.

A different technology group perhaps? You can mod unit pips (fire/shock and such), maybe give the guys less fire pips on their military units, along with different unit names. You can also give them a malus to military tech. Anything more complex is beyond my modding abilities (for the moment.)

What I've been thinking of is to somehow make a 'reform' mechanic like Mesoamericans and Incans have, make the Vinlander tech group have around 130~150% cost due to their isolation, as well as having modernization lvl 3 (out of 7, it's a VeF mechanic which allows you to reduce tech cost, like westernizing, but actually tedious and it takes time.) Of course I don't really know how to mod this yet, so it's just an idea.

And as for horses being native to north America, I remember the consensus was that Spaniards had re-introduced them into the continent; horses evolved in America, spread to Eurasia through the land bridge and then somehow died out in America (That or the injuns wiped them out.)

How about 140% total malus before going down the reform tree or alternatively westernizing with no specific hamstringing around gunpowder, with a heavy tendency towards Shock in unit pips over Fire to reflect difficulty in procurement or apprehensiveness about adopting firearms when they do arrive? And to a lesser degree, offense over defense pips? This continues on into more modern tech levels, though maybe not as sharply as during the early and middle time periods, meaning the Vinnish group or whatever it ends up called tends to get beat up a bit during the Fire phase and subsequently kick the shit out of everyone with grenade, shot and sabre. Late game they have higher than average Shock while still having caught up in Fire pips, but have below average defense as a trade, both in the sense of defense pips in general and in defense pips while defending. The cavalry might be the same as the infantry, or they might be obnoxious super-dragoons, inverted in specialization to the infantry by laying weathering fire in general and being irritatingly tough on defense while having average shock in general.

Essentially an exaggeration or outright inversion of the relatively shock-heavy Eastern tech group's stats for the infantry and an inverse cavalry. If you get pressed into a defensive fight, things are likely to trend towards unoptimal casualties for the infantry even if you bleed the enemy white, and a rout is not to be unexpected. On the offense, on the other hand, they'll bleed the enemy respectably and then pin them down and ruin their shit. This is all exaggerated from what actual stats I imagine will prove to be balanced and optimal, but it's an interesting idea. Has anyone ever bothered to experiment with infantry units having equivalent or greater Shock in late tech compared to other techs' Fire value? The inherent advantage of the latter is obvious in that it goes first, but I do wonder if the former can triumph if gouged hard enough.

IMO this'd only be a problem if you're playing as Vinland, and only if you get gunpowder before the first European explorer ships start sailing around there (which IIRC happens fairly early).

I imagine the actual spread and adoption of gunpowder would happen pretty fast as soon as they restore contact with Europe; they did after all spread to the native americans pretty fast (they just weren't able to make their own, but they certainly bought and used them), and the Vinlanders, being an agrarian civilization with good metallurgy and so on rather that hunter-gatherers, and being of Nordic stock and thus a lot smarter than the natives, would easily be able to learn and make their own.

Well id be imposible for natives to make muskets when they didnt have knowledge of metallurgy, that has nothing to do with being smarter.
But yes, the point would be vinland not developing gunpowder unitsbefore contact with europeans.

You missed the earlier part. It's only a problem if you're playing Vinland and start making gunpowder units before European contact. If you are a European power or otherwise not in North America, it doesn't matter if they have gunpowder units when you first show up there because you can assume they will quickly have traded some from you and learned how to make more. In fact it is quite likely they will have traded some from the first explorer ships that showed up.

I haven't played EU4 in a long time so my memory's rusty but just how soon would an Eastern tech nation get the first gunpowder units compared to the first explorer ships sailing over that way?

Sorry im tired and that went out wrong, i meant that the problem would be vinland developing gunpowder units before the europeans arrive.
And m8, ive developed gunpowder units with the inca BEFORE any colonies appeared in continental south america, so i think eastern europe techgroup would have an easier time at that.

I get that, I'm saying that if you're newly arriving from Europe, from your point of view you never see Vinland having gunpowder units until your gunpowder-having nation has arrived. Even if they technically had them before that, from your perspective you can just say they got them from you.

If you're playing in North America it's another problem, but if Inca can already do it, then I'd say it's not a Vinland-specific problem.

Oh of course it isnt, thats paradox being lazy.
But the point is trying to improve the game, isnt it?

Certainly, but if the problem of American potential for independent firearms development is universal, maybe it's not something you should worry too much about versus making sure they're just generally below European average if the player isn't going full bore on eating tribals and managing the new annexations perfectly. Eastern tech with an extra malus and a reform tree plus Shock over shooting on infantry even into the late game (with par pips with the East Euros, mind) is probably enough to account for most all scenarios and not seem too silly. Potential to get fire lances or black powder matchlock arquebi isn't hideously implausible if we have a surviving Byzantium, Persia, and a surviving and also successful Vinland still around in the Glory of Byzantium scenario. You can always have western Scandinavia as non-Terra Incognita for Vinland and have the Greenland route having quietly stayed open, if you need to bandaid it in an alternative way. Vinland was pretty small when it fell apart, but if they didn't, then they'd be able to successfully voyage back and forth.

That would make it better, but maybe modify the AI to not allyor share information with nordic states before europeans arrive to america?

If that's possible, yes. And that much is only if the Vinnish would be inclined to share anything at all. Scarce trade with a homeland gone Christian (I'm assuming you're making them Norse for flavor value, although as I recall there were a few Christians in the leadership of the colonists, so this'd be another if small divergence) makes for one-sidedly cold relations, with the Vinns presumably relating themselves as sailing from Iceland when in Scandinavia proper, and as sailing from Greenland when in Iceland. And that's the most they tell, nothing about the colonies further west.

Yeah, in fluff they would just tell people they are from a random island at sea.

Around mil tech lvl 23, the Scandinavian tree get its first infantry fire pips (which is bullshit, Sudanese tech gets fire pips at 24, what the fuck?), whereas Eastern gets it at lvl 13. Western tech on the other hand, gets fire pips at 16. Artillery in the Scandinavian tree appears at lvl 10, both western and eastern at lvl 8 and 9 respectively.
None of the Native American nations have fire pips or artillery (I think this is true before reforming their tech into high american, but can't find anything about this in the game's files)

Now if we take the Niitaka tech group (That's the one used by Japs), artillery begins to appear at lvl 23 and infantry fire pips appear at lvl 25, Sub-Saharans get their fire pips at 34; So I suppose a good mil lvl for Vinlanders to 'adopt' gunpowder would be ~28 (1617 according to the game's files) for both infantry and artillery. Since Europeans start exploring the Americas around ~1470 and colonizing around ~1480 (for both of these values give or take a few lustra), that's around the 5th or 6th idea group (Both AI Castille and Portugal get exploration ideas as their 4th idea group, but we all know how retarded the non-ottoman AI is when it comes to completing ideas). Natives never get fire pips though, so I feel like I gotta fix that (Maybe making the last military unit to have fire pips, lvl 36)
Although normal technological advancement grants fire pips to units (Evidenced by the common/technologies/mil.txt), it does so with an almost insignificant quantity, for example: at mil lvl 18, infantry gets a bonus of 0.25 fire (1/4 of a pip), perhaps it could be said that Vinlanders DID have/adopt firearms, but they did so very slowly and unsteadily and had so very few of them; faster than Natives but much slower than Europeans.

The AI already does that, all colonizer-type AI never divulges their maps (you get a -1k malus when asking to share maps), I'm unsure if Vinland has a colonizer AI though, but I think it could be done.
As for discovered provinces I already did it: Made Vinland know most of the NA coast except from anything below Massachusetts and anything past the entrance to Hudson bay. Though the land past the coast remains unexplored for obvious reasons (Bloodthirsty Skraelings and such)

The same goes for ships, decrease the cannon value for all naval units (without completely crippling them) and increasing the sailing speed in compensation.

Also, another nice way of introducing fire pips/gunpowder to the Vinlanders would be via triggered events; perhaps after their country is discovered by European sailors, there could be an option to pay some shekels for guns and such. Something like +X fire pips and cannons for ships or even triggering the availability of artillery.

That reminds me of a small question. Is Vinland going to be restricted to Newfoundland, probably with quite well developed territories for this small size, or will it have a slightly less developed core with Nova Scotian feelers under native threat? Three or four hundred odd years or so is a long time, I'm not sure how fast they could fill up the island and potentially get fortified townships on the continent. The original settlement was quite small if I'm not mistaken, but maybe GoB's timeline provides for an additional surge to the West.

This is a good idea, but it should come at some cost, if we're going to the trouble of adding events. Increased interaction with the explorers means more attention, and more irritatingly, missionaries, introducing the problem of external or internal threats depending on how you handle them. Either you get horribly nasty units combining lots of shock (because roughnecked Norwegian madmen who've spent generations fighting proto-Inuits and feeling really bitter about that whole Christian conversion thing) with par Fire score in exchange for putting eyes on you early and potentially facing civil war or exterior attempts at a crusade if you convert or refuse to respectively, or you end up with the balanced outline as described in
with lots of disproportionate shock pips at cost of mediocre Fire score until you cough up the dough, Westernize or follow the reform tree through enough, which might leave you flat-footed as far as getting the most out of your manpower as a micronation trying to colony-tunnel and butcher your way through the Americas before the Europeans can arrive and muck things up.

This'd have to be made to interact with the admittedly very low chance heathen restoration event in Glory of Byzantium, in which case whatever state you meet might be some brand of pagan you can get on a little more easily with barring secular reasons for war.

The pagan chain of events in GoB happens rarely though, after Scandinavia gets formed (That is, the WHOLE Scandinavia region), the AI also has a chance to crush the pagans, several times and it's more likely the AI will chose to do so instead of letting them take over.

Note that my modding skill and knowledge are very limited, so this might not be ready in a while (or at all.) I need to check how the Mesoamerican/Incan reforms work in order to make something similar for Vinland (Quite possibly for the employment of gunpowder and modernization of their military and society.)
I think there's also an event for Japan which gives you a chance to spawn christian rebels after an European nation discovers their lands, I could, hypothetically speaking, do something similar for that one gunpowder adoption event.

Of course, so it'd be something to put on a checklist, and towards the bottom. But it is something to account for.

That'd be a pretty cost effective place to start. Clone the Shimabara rebellion event, and make it an opt-in from another event; if you don't take the firearms deal, then you don't get free Fire/Cannon pips down the line until you retrigger it by decision or get a Reform choice that gives the same stat bonus (needs a way to prevent overlap; will the game recognize reforms done out of order without fucking up getting the reforms before it and making you research the furthest in line? If not, maybe have the firearm proliferation reform unflag the event Fire/Cannon pip bonus while giving its own equivalent bonus, in addition to other things so it's worth getting for more than just the pips?) but you avoid the immediate trouble of getting too close to the Westerners.

If you take the event, you get pips, but you also embolden the Christian minority descended from some of the original colonial stock who've largely kept quiet amongst their properly Norse neighbors and vice-versa, now that they're seeing colonial troops traveling under the cross. They decide to pressure the current ruler with calls of doomsday and Revelations fulfilled. If you accept their demands (read: conversion by the sword in the full presence of your household guards when they're dirty peasants) big, fat Norse rebellion, but the first contactee will be pleased and you'll have your foot in the door to not get partitioned thanks to a kickstart on converting provinces. If you tell them to fuck off, you get a more modest Christian rebellion, but your first contactee is pissed and the Christian world on the whole is disquieted by the news. In the long term as you get familiar with the code and fiddle with more complex things, Northwestern Crusade event calls to war may be on the table.

There were horses but they died out long before Vinland was founded I believe during the last great ice age.

Sounds like a good idea, it shouldn't be THAT hard though, considering I could just copy and jury-rig parts from that Japanese rebellion as well as from the many other protestant rebellions in Europe.
The crusade event could be harder though, but I do think the papal state has a few crusade events which I could also copy and modify for the Vinlanders.

Yeah, you can just make an event/decision to trigger (or not) by just setting an IF and/or NOT flag, it can be used with anything. Though I think the 'reformation' could be enabled after an European nation discovers Vinland, it's easier than to make 6 gorillion events/missions happen after an equally great number of conditions have been fulfilled.

Native reformations have 5 levels I believe, the whole process could be triggered by discovery or maybe by establishing a diplomatic relationship with an European country? I mean, Vinland does have the technology necessary to sail back and contact modern Europeans, so it'd be kinda pointless just to have them sit around doing nothing at all.
Said modernization could entail christian rebellions and a few provinces converted to christianity or maybe have christian Vinlanders declare independence, having to conquer them after each reform (Maya reformation works this way.) Hell, the reformations could even trigger a war with the natives too, after all, Vinland wasn't supposed to survive, and if you want to do so, you're gonna have to fight for it.

Scandinavians have a reform event to become western you could use something like that for vinland, depending on techlevel or flags, events etc. maybe even make them reform to scandinavian or eastern tech and let the events take original over not sure if eastern westernize through events though

Either leave the vinland tech with no arty and cav and low fire values or leave cav but give them a low army limit.

Technically VeF has 8 modernisation levels if you're on step 7 of 7 you can still modernise once.

What's the best sucession laws lads? I have a fuckload of sons and daughters thanks to my Manwhore main character, but I don't wanna lose my titles once play switches to my heir. I don't really want to piss off all of my sons and daughters though either. What's the best way to go about this?

I'll just drop this one off here.

Agnatic primogeniture, like in history. Daughters will never ever gain any power whatsoever, so they can be ignored, and your other sons will form a host at worst, but usually won't do anything.

Enatic Elective Gavelkind.

Horses evolved in North America and the natives wiped them out via hunting before they learned to animal husbandry.

Injuns figured buffalos came from an endless supply beneath the earth, too, and were well on their way of killing them off before Whitey arrived.

Just something I'd like to point out.

Europeans killed their megafauna, including the European bison, to (near) extinction too. That's what humans do.

except when they learn that capturing them and breeding them is more efficent

European bison was never domesticate and is pretty much dead save a few stragglers and bigger animals were domesticate outside Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=PXRQmu3gRWw

Ironically, I believe one of the largest bison herds is inside the Chernobyl Exlcusion Zone. Poachers don't want to risk going there.

Well meme'd friend and nice trips.

You fucked up OP, dumb atheist.

I haven't heard of that herd, but it makes sense not to hunt bigger animals in the area. Even though the ambient radioactivity isn't that dangerous, the stuff builds up in the large animals over time. Not enough to give you cancer from eating the meat, but enough not to bother.

I see what you're talking about; VEF_Westernisation.txt contains the events for westernization (vef_westernisation.10000 and vef_westernisation.10100) which I assume are the final event from the 'modernization crisis' chain.

vef_westernisation.10000 works for anything non-western, setting their flag as western tech; primitive nations instead get the high american tech flag.
vef_westernisation.10100 is the one for eastern, scandinavian and byzantine; interestingly enough you only need mil_tech level 37 and it'll automatically happen.

(checked)
Bretty gud

This is pretty good.

kek

I lean towards Elective Monarchy
Just stack your electorates with members of your own Dynasty and you'll basically be able to choose the most able member of your family every time.
Primogeniture is also good, and definitely the best for someone who is new to the game. I just hate adding in the slim possibility of a child inheriting my titles, which is likewise the reason Ultimogeniture is shitty.
Gravelkind is shit and only exists to be a pain in the ass until you manage to switch it for something better.
I've only played Seniority once after my vassals threatened civil war for its implementation. Went through three Emperors in like 5 years, never use that law.

This pleases my autism.

Why does HPM hate Greece so much?

They are still uniquely disadvantaged by the following things:

Why does Serbia get a core, but not Greece?

Also lack of other irredentist decisions to reclaim Anatolia and removal of the Pontus tag.

Also no more Byzantine tag. It was done nicely with it being called Byzantine.

But no. You never get armenian as accepted. You are more likely to get turkish as accepted (through cyprus uniting with greece for example than armenian).

I talked to him about that multiple times and he always dismissed me.

I also told him that he should make soldiers state capital only, but he is a little bitch about that, even though it works perfectly.

If you think thats bad, you should see how vicky 2 constantly makes venezuela harder and harder to play, forming the grand colombia is pretty much impossible at this point because the USA or france sphere everyone before you get to GP, even lower POPs and they give the UK the guyanan clay more than 40 years before that even happened.

yeah, but that is ingame stuff

that are not decisions and events

What is wrong with you?

I don't give a shit about really long reigns, 30 years is more than enough.
What is a problem is when your ruler is fucking 5, all your vassals hate you, and your regent won't let you do anything about it because their fucking retarded ai.

I just tried playing Qing in HPM. Fucking hell man.

I've actually had great success playing as Guangdong, westernizing, and then unification against Qing (but lacking cores and north han accepted pops) but actually playing as Qing… shit son, I was getting giant reactionary rebellions without even passing any reforms.

He also removed Occitania despite it being an actual culturally distinct region of France and being a great way to partition France down into something more annexable.

You better go south now.

Aye

More border porn
not done though
im taking italy slowly by threatening war
i still need to cuck venice to death for 1204

don't forget to dick Hungary to an early grave

What happened to Poland, Denmark, and Scotland?

Will do
I'll let Wallachia dick into Poland by threatening war all the time

Poland got removed by Teutonic order early on i think
they didnt get a chance to expand

also how the fuck are you at 1.5k ADM mana?

What size does a POP have to be to not get swallowed up by the pop merging bug/mechanic?

I have it on focus, with a +3 advisor
my rulers all had at 4 of it all the time and I dont have any groups that need ADM
so I havent been using it for anything other than coring

What is the best way to partition the Balkans?

It all belongs to eastern rome.
Or serbia, bulgaria and greece if you arent feeling like resurrecting the aquila.

Anschluß

Delete this

That's what it gets called when it becomes a fascist dictatorship.

You know, like the Roman Republic under Caesar.

You do know that the position of Dictator was one given out quite a bit in the Roman republic right? And that Caesar (If we're talking about you know the proper one) was the LAST of the republic before becoming a Empire under Octavian.

And the only connection between fascism and Rome is that they were both formed in Italy

My point is it's not a democracy so chill, fam.

Alright alright I'll chill. But the Roman Republic was still a democracy under Caesar's dictatorship, it's just that the voting had been suspended.

That's how dictatorships always worked in Rome: the dictator was an elected official with absolute power in times of crisis. They would then step down once the crisis was over.

I'm getting sick of all the constant expansions and updates for EU4. I feel like every time I turn it on there are new features I don't understand or once strong countries are now completely worthless and nerfed. Is EU3 worth playing?

Well how EU3 is compared to EU4 is quite simple. Take all of those shit mechanics and trade them in for a better all round game. EU3 does have it flaws don't get me wrong, I mean I love the way EU4 did cores compared to EU3 as I like the whole idea of having to administer the region better to gain the full benefits.

But yeah back onto the flaws of EU3. Pretty shitty trade mechanic which can be gamed to hell and back. The waiting for cores which just means having to put down rebel stacks like V2. The really game breaking strats which will fuck a MP game. Hordes, fucking hordes, either they will rape EVERYTHING until their next civil war or be a wet fart, case in point Ottomans vs Timmie timmers. Less flavour text here and there.

But do you want to know the biggest difference between EU3 and EU4? Well in EU3 there is no fucking mana, cause fuck that shit will a rusty rake which has been dipped in nigger cum. EU3 everything is based in the money which you make through tax, trade, and production. Wanna take over the world as a OPM? Better be fucking great at trading. Wanna establish that beauitful colonial empire? Better start making heavy ships out the ass. Wanna boost that sweet sweet land tech to squash those chink armies? Money nigga'. Everything is money and not random shit that you're given in a certain amount pertaining to random events and how shitty a king you've got.

tl;dr: EU3 > EU4 in everything but trade, cores (In my opinion), and extended flavour text for people like the Swamp Germans.

I haven't played EU4, what exactly is mana and why does everybody hate it so much?

EU3 has better mechanics, but significantly less of them when compared to EU4. I play them both – whenever I get tired of fucking shitty mana or retarded retreat, I go to EU3, always noticing all that little shit that makes the game really excell, such as your neighbours noticing when you're doing badly and all DoWing you at once and the like. When I get tired of the extremely little flavour, missing mechanics (such as claims), or the really bad map, I go to EU4 and enjoy all those bells and whistles and millions of other shit that Paradox saddled it with (with mods, of course), before I inevitably get pissed with mana jewery and similar, and repeat the cycle.

In EU3, you have three values: diplomacy, military, and administration. Those get a set amount of points, depending on what ruler you have (the points he gives are determined by RNG), what advisors you have (they cost shitloads, it's essentially money-mana convertor), and a few minor mechanics like focus or power. You gain these points every monh, usually around 5-9 in each cathegory. For these points, you buy technology, ideas, hire generals, convert cultures, make cores, etc. It all pretty much bypasses money, thus rather sidestepping the challenge of keeping your economy on track or dying like in EU3. Also, if you are unlucky and get a shitter of a ruler, you may end up in a situation when you get only 4 points per month. That shit can set you back like nothing else, since EVERYTHING costs mana, and now you're making half of what you ideally should. You can't conquer shit because coring it costs mana, you can't spend on ideas because that costs mana, you can't hire generals, you can't culture convert, you can only play the waiting game and spend all mana on technology only, so as to not fall behind, until your faggot of a ruler finally dies after 60 years.

in EU4* shit

Imagine you are playing Starcraft, and instead of mining vespene gas, you roll a 1d6 and that's the amount of gas you get automatically every second for the rest of the match. Sound fucking retarded? That's EU4 mana, and you spend it for almost everything other than your army/navy.

Fucking iudaei rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But user, she wants to fear those big red commies over at Russia.

fight me nigga

Any idea when our main mega links will be up and running again?

When you go back to halfchan and stop reporting them?

I'm not the assmad cuckchanner reporting them lad, I'm just wondering if they'll be back up soon.

How did you take that much land in about 50 years without having too many Moslem revolts?

It'd be nice if that were true, it'd be so much easier to enact fascism if it were the only alternative to democracy.

Byzantium starts with cores all over its old territory.

Wew, Portugal went Jewish in my game.
Looks like we'll need some Deus Vult

That was stupid enough in CK2.

PorJewgal

Minors randomly turning Jewish didn't make any sense at all in EU3 either.

Seems accurate to me.

Slap on tarriffs, subsidise factories and suck off any capitalist's dick that enters the borders. You take about half the game to get going, but when you do; watch out everyone else. The best bit is you're so large you can just let everyone else worry about fighting and expanding, and you can just Do Your Own Shit in your own borders.

Is Stellaris 4x or GsG? I'm thinking it's a 4x.

where can I dl the latest EU4 DLCs ? The archive is down because apparently 4cuck memed it.

Read the rest of the pastebin, you negro.

But is the activator still working ?
you're my greatest ally

Reported for kike.

You don't even need an activator any more. They work just fine with a normal steam crack.

but can you play in MP with those ?

This is the first time mention it, I really don't care and you really, really should open your eyes and maybe you won't have to ask so many questions.

What are you trying to say ?

R8, H8, this is not B8, Masturb8.

Blue: Core territory where my accepted POPs are going to be (greek armenian assyrian georgian). Notable exception Georgia, because HPM is a memelord who gives the Russians cores on everything and I don't want to fight them.

Yellow are intermediate goals and colonies. Green are colonies I have to spend points for.
Red is very aggressive expansion, but avoids to anger to mighty a power.

Oh I also intend to genocide in the blue areas.
This is a longterm play. My goal is to create a greek breeding factory in Egypt, because of the high liferating.

Egypt is perfect for that for the high liverating. I will completly kill them all there.

I also will genocide turks so my cores spread. Probably going to just do it by picking sunnis in the genocide list.

Other noteable goals: Blob into China, take Java, take Vietnam, take that one island in the pacific which looks like a shitty alternate history island, but produces dye.

Also take Panama so I get a core there.

post progress

How fast does time advance in Victoria compared to EU and HOI?

I am currently save-scumming to get an infamy free annexation cb on oyo (the start of the game is the only thing I ever allow myself to savescum).
That and I am hoping for the prestige event nations with the order national value get.

Other things about this game:
I created a minimod that does various things like allow me to create the bytantine empire with hpm (doesn't give me free cores, only accepted cultures). I also made soldiers state capital only. I also added a lot of small POPs all over turkey and other states to stop assimilation promotion bugs.

Oh and to give myself a challenge when I do the aquire core cb I will give up non core territory. That means no free albanian state for me.

Sorry for the savescumming btw, but I think it's arguably, because I could just restart. I reload a save though, because I don't want to set up my nation again.

My first order of business:
Aquire Oyo, demand concession on gaza (not kongo, because I will later lose it anyway so belgium can get it) and establish protectorate on sindh to cuck the British.

After that the Egypt Crisis. Get Suez and my island back.

After that it's free and open game for me. I guess I am going to rush N&I for the OP CB on uncivs. Between that and then I am going to get territory in vietnam. Humilitate uncivs and vampire drain their prestige to get noticed by Russia senpai for an alliance to get back my cores.

Then soon I will have enough POPs to get the hainan treaty port, other big colonies like nigeria, Ethopia, persia and egypt and then I can attack the Turks.

A funny thing: If I don't build the Suez canal I can get free cbs on the holy land. It's fucked tho and I am worried GPs will just declare war on me over the holy land, because the CB is still there if you take it from the Turks or Egypt.

Well after that I want to dismantle the turks and really try to save as many armenians and greeks from genocide.

That is my general game plan sort of. I really spoiled everything basically.

I am just worried that the Egypt crisis is going to fuck up or something and do something I don't want.

It's one day ticks.
Victoria 2 if you play it to the offical end date is a rather short game. It's the only paradox game I ever "finished" in the sense of getting stopped by the end date (that's why I extend it).

The Ottomans start with having no land connections to their Mesopotamian territories? I assume this retardation is HPM?

they have kurdish satellites, which quickly get gobbled up

also they probably are going to get a connection again through the egypt crisis, which happens before the kurdish revolts

Here's my suggestion.
You're already going to be massively overstretched on non-accepted pops so you should invest in some puppet states.

It's historically accurate, the Kurdish emirates are puppet states too so they can walk over there freely.

no thanks, my minimod changed AI aggression to max, I don't want a war with italy every other day

But user, my assyrian POPs are there.

armenians live there too you know? and oil too

Other than that I also want direct control of the persian gulf, because there is a modifier for controlling it.

you know user, I said that the russians get cores on that.

I don't want to fight 700 brigades. I really am only gong to do that if Russia gets dismantled, but I won't actively plan for that. Same with crimea.

I actually imported a decision from robmod which is going to move all POPs from Russia to crimea if I own it. (but it's not going to remove their core).

Oh and why shouldn't I take Ethopia? My minimod made every coptic state and POP orthodox so I as the Greek Empire should definetly try to conquer them.

Calling any of these states alongside the many other OPMs added in the mod is a very far stretch.
Sometimes even the Ottoman government failed to act like a state, they were that incompetent. Not to mention egyptian rulership over the Levant was tenous even compared to the turks.

I guess there would be no other way to weaken the Ottomans though, maybe EU4s autonomy/estates/etcplayerstopblobbingplease mechanics could be useful here.

Annex the top section if you want the Assyrians, I would set up an Assyrian state personally.
And if you want the Armenian sections of Azerbaijan you can annex those two.

Fuck you fight Russia.

States is the wrong term, but they're more like a country than half the African states.

And yeah, I agree that autonomy would be a good addition maybe coupled with a per state accepted pop system where say the British accept Australian or Canadian pops in their respective areas.

I am planning to genocide all sunnis in the blue territory. Probably even outside, because it's hard to control.

I am going to need every accepted POP I can get.

Stomp those disgusting heathens for God and Emperor!
Meth 'imon o Theos!

EU3 doesn't have Jews.

Miscmod adds them I think.

Believable worlds

Anyone got a download link for that? Feel like booting up EU4 and creating the Roman Empire.

I feel new looking at that… I've only played vanilla Heart of Darkness and when I decided to play greece when I rolled a fascist byzantine empire in the country roll selector and colonized bits of the USA. Looking at that I feel like I should start looking into some mods.

Yeah, I think was playing miscmod that time. EU3 vindicated, I guess.

HPM has the best genocide decisions imo

you should try it out and make anatolia majority greek and armenian (that is my goal)

I wanted some good gennocide tbh. I will probably check it out. Removing 20% of the population in colonies is simply not good enough.

I love how you can pick and choose.

I want to just get rid of Sunnis so all the orthodox arabs and egyptians stay alive.

Nice, I might try a game where I try to genocide 6 million Germans as Israel. I'll have to see how well it works though…

Balfour decision and play as release must be organic.

W-what do you have against us, user.

European Union

Holy shit I'm going mad.
Does anyone have a download link for hoi3 on mac? Share threads don't have anything.

Just buy it from kinguin, it should be very cheap. It is highly unlikely you will find a pirate version for your apple trash.

Why would you buy a mac?

Just use bootcamp to install windows on it. Play whatever games you want.

If you bought a mac you might as well buy HoI3 too.

its a t420 with hackintosh installed

Try playing the Windows version through Wineskin.

Which one of these two would look better for a Yazd-based Zoroastrian post-Ilkhanate statelet? Planning to make one for EU4, adding it to the VeF GoB submod. So one can form a proper, non-kebab Persia.

Also I've been working on the Vinland mechanics, nothing too solid yet as I haven't had much time to check how the reformation mechanics work.

1st, second one has too many colors for the size.

Japan sucks. They lost manchuria

Plz no bullying

Happens every time. Paradox is inept even at ripping off their old games, where the Nip-China AI managed to get into a stalemate fairly often. HoI4? Either Japan or China gets steamrolled early on

Nothing, Krauts really are an excellent people but it's a nice challenge. Most of my Victoria 2 worlds are pretty hellish and it makes me feel better about this real one. I also can't imagine a better way to RP as Israel.

The HRE is a social construct.

What are some interesting micromods for EU3 and HoI3?

Is there a mod that adds the Panama and Suez canals to EU3?

But the Panama and Suez canals didn't exist during EU3's timeframe.

That's why I want to mod it. I believe it will make for interesting gameplay.

Currently being warned by Ottomans and Timurids… and for some reason stuck with a 14 force limit despite my size.

I have a current profit of about 5.5 ducats/month so I can go over limit if necessary, but being sandwiched in between these two make me wonder if I'll ever get off the ground in forming Persia.

Any tips/hints?

Fucking what. Why.

Poor little Mazandarani.

I think your only choice is to pray timmy breaks completely. Perhaps ally someone the turkroaches are allied with (Like crimea), maybe even allying them as well (unlikely since those animals always want your clay no matter where your country is.) Golden horde is probably gonna get their asses rekt by muscovy, so don't even bother.

Perhaps take circassian clay? Or even golden horde territories, you don't really have many choices right now.

It's so fucking over, which is a shame, since this is the farthest I've got.

I will pray for Timurids to break, but there's literally nobody but Nogai to ally given that the kebab wants my provinces badly.

But hey, I did manage to get Golestan back from the Timurids at least.

Fuckin turkroaches are OP

So in either VeF native or the /gsg/ submod there is an option once Byzantium reestablished the pentarchy or at least converts rome to Orthodox to move the capital to rome and change main culture to Roman which is in lost ancients or something culture group.

However no other culture changes with it, so did I just screw myself?

The event only changes Rome from Umbrian or whatever to Roman (I personally changed it from the 'lost culture' group to Latin, so it should appear when using the /gsg/ submod), I don't think that event is supposed to change anything else other than your capital and main culture.

The inevitable finally happened. Kebab (with their russian allies… what the fuck) declared on me.

I find it bullshit when the turkroaches ally non-kebabs. I've seen them allied with the fucking papal state, which is ludicrous.

It's not ridiculous. It's perfectly historically accurate you fucking pleb.

The papal states housed a dethroned ottoman prince in Rome. You really think that all the clergy and nobles back then were deus vult, extreme moral conservatives?

Oh boy, you poor fuck, of course they weren't.

oull back your forces, let them attrition themselves a bit (and, above all, let the 'length of war' modifier get lower), then peace out ceding some provinces. Then swallow the timurids, find some good ally, wait for Ottomans to get into war in europe, and DoW them. If you play your cards right, the 'length of war' modifier will be close to zero by the time they get around to squashing you, and you'll have conquered enough forts to nab a province or two. Continue this tactic until you get all the clay you want

Fuck off, they're still OP.

Fucker also let the Jews into Rome, anything for some shiny coins. Now if you brought up the time they double fucked the HRE and Spain with France then I would be inclined to listen.

rate my gross boeriums

Nice work but why are you researching machine guns in 1893?

Napoleon's Legacy mod

How much of a mess is Europe?

nah

Just a heads up that cs.rin now seems to require everyone to get an account and log in or all you see is Please login to see this link.
Anyone know why?

Hey /gsg/ sorry in advance for this tech question I've looked everywhere I can think of and I haven't found a fix.

CK2 (2.5.2 all DLC) Win 7

With CK2 the save function seems fucked where about half the time it tries to autosave it crashes, a manual save doesn't work or crashes, and an autosave sometimes works but sometimes just kinda seems to and actually does nothing.

It's running completely offline, tried messing with compressed and not compressed settings. Thought it could be a checksum issue when resigning and it changing on reload and eventually messing with the save registry somehow…. But that doesn't make much sense given the amount of times it'd have to change and particularly when it is offline and the error consistency being different. Game works fine unless I try to save it 70% of the time, the size of the save game files are around 40,000kb at the moment and the error occurred far less frequently in the first 2 decades.

It seems to me that a lot of people online have this problem with no actual solution that works ever found. Going back save years is an option but I have no idea if that would work. Works fine without saving.

So my first tech question is; does CK2 actually work?
Is there a simple fix like removing some DLC?
How should I save the game?

Sorry for the tech question, this bug just makes it totally impossible to play and I want to get around to removing kebab as Ireland. I don't expect anyone to try guess the solution for me, if you had the problem and found a fix please reply, great thanks in advance, it's 4am for me so I won't be sticking around in the thread but I'll check it.

Works on my machine.

Thanks, well at least I can go to sleep for now dreaming it will be possible for me too.

Why don't you try downloading another torrent?

Uninstall mods, if any
Use the DLC activator again
Disable all DLC and see if it happens, its easy to idle as iceland
Best bet would be to reinstall/find another installer

The save files shouldn't be that big so it seems like it's a problem with your install rather than the DLC.

Why the hell do people blob into all directions?
How the fuck do you defend that sprawled shit with three big powers around you?
And you even get more neighbors that can fabricate claims on you and be your rivals.
There's a reason for the pretty borders meme.

Yes, autism.

Who do I have to cuck around here to get a son.

how about banging your six daughters?

It's pretty damn stupid. How would that work, the emperor and his inner circle of ebin Romaboos teaching themselves archaic latin, poring over books about how the Romans lived a thousand years ago and mimicking them, and all moving to Rome while telling greeks to suck it? Greeks considered themselves to BE Romans, the whole event should just force the world to accept their terminology - rename Byzantine Empire to Eastern Roman Empire and Greek culture to Roman culture and be done with it, as that's all that would happen, plus have a decision allowing them to ditch the "eastern" part if they conquer enough of europe.

That's what I expected to happen with roman culture accepting the cultures accepted by greeks in addition to the italian cultures

Well I've been considering renaming Byzantium to 'Eastern Roman Empire' since the guys called themselves Rhomaion.

As for the event, BYZ's empire rank allows them to accept all the Italian cultures (If you make your culture into Roman that is) since Roman is now part of the Latin group. I believe whatever other cultures accepted by BYZ should remain that way without trouble. Maybe I could change the event to make Byzantine group accepted by default just in case, as well as Armenians and Goths.

The issue is that in VeF, accepted cultures get treated differently than the primary ones and land the provinces with accepted cultures with 10% autonomy penalty per each such province. Other hellenic cultures (except greeks) are no longer accepted. If oyu pick you want to stay gree, you cannot reform the Roman Empire. Then there's also the roleplay side of things, when suddenly, rather than fighting for greeks, you fight for… a pipe dream? You just violently murdered your way through italy, only to suddenly go WE WUZ SPAGHETTI? It's really just a memetic choice, rather than anything even distantly realistic, so when you sum it up, the only way to reform Rome is to gimp yourself mechanically and play a nonsensical culture of hardcore Roman fanboys who happen to be so lucky as to have the byzantine emperor as a member.

Or you just change back to a capital of the culture you wish and accept the decision to change your primary culture.

Come on, user, that's almost like cheating

Why not just have all greek provinces in Byzantium flip to roman considering it would be nothing more than semantics for them.

They AI does this to keep you independent until that have a CB or hate you enough to make one. Inevitably, it's just a safeguard. Rarely triggers unless hardcoded to.

WHY

Ending a guarantee creates a truce now as if you just finished a war, so its actually useless except as another button to click to improve relations for ally/vassalize.

Apparently their archives got taken down as well.

Not true, their mod link is up. Their link for the games has been down for a long time now. If you don't upload the games the negro doesn't report mod links, which mega is stupid enough to just take down if reported.

I should have clarified, that's what I meant as well. I noticed the same thing about the mods getting reported too.

Now that rin.ru seems to not allow you to see links unless you register, the pastebin is looking scarce.

Register then? Fucking babies. Though the links to the ruskies are only for the newest garbage out of Paradox's ass.

There is no reason to have that garbage in the first place.
Anything that is inconvenient helps Paradox, why do you think they pressured the modders on their own forums to not set up/host pages that can be accessed externally?

So it is a paracucks shill. I bet the poor faggot does it FOR FREE.

Is HoI4 still shit ?

Read the OP. There is no such game.

Sorry wrong timeline.
Is EUIV still shit ?

It's playable if that's your question. I don't think there are many people who played and enjoyed EUIII despite the faults it also had can enjoy EUIV for an extended amount of time. If only you could combine the positives of both.

I play and like both. The key is to alternate between them every few playthroughs – you'll appreciate their qualities (and rage about their faults) the most that way

Also I just noticed that changing to "roman" saddles you with the italian shit penalty since you're now a latin culture group. But get this: By being in that culture group, you automatically get access to "Form the Imperium Romanum" decision which, if enacted, CHANGES ALL YOUR PRIMARY CULTURE PROVINCES TO "ROMAN"! That makes no fucking sense! You get to have all your provinces go roman, but you first have to be Roman to get that decision (unless you started as italian state). I added the possibility for BYZ to use that decision even as greek, but I don't think that's enough. Any ideas on how to handle this whole thing?

What's the general consensus on Rights of Man?

Have two separate decision for italians and byzantium, Italians stay much the same while byzantium gets added decisions/events to antagonize the HRE especially if they own the pentarchy.

Byzantium gets a special flavor of roman which accepts both greek and italian cultures while the italian roman only accepts latin cultures.

If it's possible then maybe give byzantium-roman a special casus belli to end the HRE as a final refutation of their existance or force themselves to be it's head and guarantees it for a generation or two if it's not too gamey.

I think the romeXhre conflict already has events in base VeF, actually

bloat, like every EU4 dlc

The Balfour Declaration: Should I Sign It?

Of course, Palestine belongs to G-d's chosen people.

Why don't you want sign it?

fuck arabs tbh

Hah, not true. The mod archive got taken down as I was downloading VeF.

Does it ONLY cost mana though? If making a decision cost mana AND money, I guess it's bad, but not so bad.

The diplomacy, military, and admin values should determine the discount you get when making changes, not bypassing money altogether. Then again, EU should be about nations and not about great persons; that should stay in Crusader Kings.

It only costs mana. Money doesn't even come into play for the things I listed

Canadian Canada?
What kind of topsy turvy nightmare world are you living in?

Best game so far. Wondering if it will be possible to completely remove kebab and have Byzantium as a march.

you should restore the Kingdom of Jerusalem

Sign it. Then, go full Mosley, have the hardliners influence Mosley, and obliterate the shekelpops that've moved into Palestine.

Clip off the Crimea, the Caucasus, the Pontic coast and the Bulgars & Romanians. Making the Black Sea into your mare nostrum. As an aside, do the same thing with the Caspian when you get the chance. Clip off everything that's most valuable from the Ottomans first, then balkanize them. And keep an eye on the Commonwealth.

This is how you fight a battle

Keep going until you create the ideal Russian borders.

i wish there was a hoi3 eu4 hybrid mod where the ai in hoi3 declared war on people and did stuff not on rails with the eu4 map

Got it. Commonwealth has been my closest ally since the beginning of the game, and their trust of me is at 100; I don't think there will be any issues there as I'm not interested in their clay.

That looks sexy, will accomplish.

By the way, Finland is my march, and I'm planning on feeding Sweden to them.

All jews must die.

I did a European conquest. It was horrible and tedious and I don't recommend it. Highest industrial score I've ever gotten or seen in HPM though.

Cilicia (armenian) and Armenia are both fascist and in my SoI. Cilicia has been crusading around the middle east annexing stuff. Removing lox and kebab, that sort of thing.

You can't stop until you reach the Ural and Caucasus mountains.

Whenever I add his shit, I load the game and the map is a mess, with nations placed randomly. Any idea how I can avoid that?

nvm solved it I am dumb

I could go back to an earlier save and try again but I'd have to force Russia to release several high-warscore nations and take a bunch more states from them, I don't know if it'd even be possible in that time period. Either that, or save edit their capital somewhere past the Urals so I could take Moscow. Or leave Moscow as a horrid-looking exclave.

Dismantling Russia in HPM lets them keep most of their asian lands for some reason.

Crap, now it crashes at processing flags.
Any help is appreciated.

You are probably putting the mod in the wrong folder.

About to play CKII for the first time (also first paradox game). I don't know shit, who do I play first to maximize my own suffering due to incompetence? I wanna go straitght off the deep end.

eastern europe
preferably right before the mongols arrive

georgia or alania. have fun having mongols on one side and turks on the other.
pro tip: join empire asap.

I was leaning towards Kiev on the start before the golden horde appeared (forgot the date). By the way, how accurate is that difficulty bar, I clicked through a couple places and they all seemed to be either around 50% or 0%.

everything that isnt 100% on difficulty bar is pretty much pussy tier.
also uniting ireland is awesome.

Tarim basin. Shit provinces, shit place; constantly threatened by steppeniggers and mudshits, plus that's the first place mongolians invade!

And the best thing about it: There's absolutely nothing to do unless you expand outta Tarim.

Well you've got EU:Rome if you can handle the amount of fucking plebs who rise up constantly. FUCKERS CAN'T FUCKING JUST HANDLE THE GRAIN DOLE THE FUCKS STOP FUCKING REVOLTING YOU SHITS!

wasnt there a one user that was making a game about a tribe in the great migration to rome?

There is also Alea Jacta Est, but it is still lacking a proper pirate version with all the DLCs.

Mana can literally do anything. Let me put it like this: EU4 doesn't have pops but has "development" which basically simulates the population density and their value in a province. You can directly increase development instantly through mana. Jan 1st you can have a 1/1/1 dev province in the sahara and Jan 2nd you can have it be a 25/25/25 province that rivals Paris just by pissing mana on the open ground.

fam, take a seat

New

Yeah user, but still I want 3000 BC to at least 753 so I can at least play as the Aryans or Aryan tribes migrating, or I can play as Sumer.

753 BC*