PHILOSPHY GENERAL #2

Post anything related to philosophy here.

Questions, answers, webms, videos, articles, essays, and shitposts.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analytic_philosophy#Analytical_Marxism
thoughtmaybe.com/the-century-of-the-self/#top
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19205963
wsws.org/en/articles/2016/12/05/plek-d05.html
plato.stanford.edu/entries/neuroscience/#RecDevNeu
plato.stanford.edu/entries/process-philosophy/#4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name 3 good things that continental philosophy has given.

Just 3.

I'll wait.

Give suicide a try

Critical Theory
Structuralism
Deconstructionism

Psychoanalysis
Phenomenology
(Rediscovery of) Metaphysics

Zizek
Zizek
Zizek

where is contemporary philosophy currently? the most recent works I've read are that of Derrida

Who was the greatest philosopher and why was it based Kant?

nah i'm good

do you mean biased hypothesis?

not even post postmodern like it

gibberish
nit even Foucault like it

pseudo science

pseudo science

i think it would be zizek, butler, ooo, postsecularism, multiculturalism, and utilitarianism

Karl Marx, Got ist tot, process philosophy

What is some analytic philosophy that would be interesting for a Marxist worldview? This stuff seems to be mostly on the continental side, but the division is getting less relevant.

Analytic metaphysics is pretty rad. Oxford has several good textbooks on the subject, give them a go.
Also among contemporary trends in analytic philosophy I love the virtue ethics movement, it wrecks Kantians a lot. In general, the emerging Aristotelianism is exciting IMO.

Should I kill myself?

Kill yourself

Is anyone here familiar Plato's Parmenides dialogue? I'm reading it now. Definitely his hardest work.

Psychoanalysis is not supposed to be a science. Even then, Poppers critiques of psychoanalysis were flawed because psychoanalytic ideas are testable based on patient success. His critiques of psychoanalysis and Marxism were both stupid as fuck. I don't know why you're calling Phenomenology pseudoscience either - it never proclaimed to be a hard "science.

Please kill yourself immediately.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analytic_philosophy#Analytical_Marxism

read the myth of Sisyphus

no

t. camus

then why should i believe it?

this is not true though

no

t. camus

Yes, no one will miss your retarded shitposting

Kill yourself

remember to kill yourself

what if shitposting is my life purpose?

Why do we need philosophy, since Marxist dialectics are science?

Kill yourself liberal

Chomsky
September Group

because you cannot talk about ethics, morality, metaphysics, with just dialectics materialism

Scum

Kys

If you can't talk about it with dialectical materialism then it's a spook that doesn't matter.

newfag detected

not even marx though those thign were spooks

he also slapped steiner becaus ehe called everything as spooks

and how do you think that they are going to come with their conclusion?

by jerking each other? lmao

Because science has its owns limits. Humans are irrational and dogmatically trying to fit their subjective behaviour and feelings into a mechanistic explanation is nonsensical.

Poppers rationality principle is just as "unfalsifiable" as psychoanalysis.

Kys shitposter

you don't understand the scientific method do you?

are you know going to tell me that machines are have feeling and control the results?

also independently if psychoanalysis is unfalsifiable it actually has not proven that it works

there are also many studies that have that it doesn't work

and not only that but independently of not working many have also been against it by other reasons

thoughtmaybe.com/the-century-of-the-self/#top

Philosophy has never actually helped anyone, and it has never answered the big questions as well as science has.

Okay, go ahead and cite them. Here's one that says the complete opposite faggot.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19205963

You are not even trying at this point

All these disgusting positivists on my Holla Forums.

GET OUT!

k

They probably mean severe psychosis, and I'd like to know they're methodology. Anyway, that's contradicted by the more recent one I posted.

And no, I'm shitting on you for posting Wikipedia quotes because it shows that your research into the success and theory of psychoanalysis is almost non-existent.

Saging your shit thread.

The only method that got us anywhere.
Philosophers should die in the inevitable revolution.

so you would have killed marx?

we got full cycle

gimme da boipussi

You are stupid if you belive analytic philosophy has to do with anything that "got us anywhere"

Yet again, you are stupid, so kill yourself

You are like low energy babbies. Sad!

what's it like worshipping a dead abstraction?

that's not me you autistic hippie

also

toplel

He's an anti-Marx Marxist

Unless you are a kid and this is your first time reading the works of Plato, there is no excuse.

Plato's works most deserving of thorough study are:
1) Theaetetus
2) Sophist
3) Philebus
4) The Republic
5) Plato's Seventh Letter

After you have gotten through the above you can move on to the real and perfected teachings of Plato, through exhaustive study of the Enneads by Plotinus.

I think I will give Lacan a real attempt after I'm done with finals. One of my philosophy professors absolutely loves existentialism, phenomenology, psychoanalysis and continental philosophy. And he's a Catholic priest. So there must be something of value in there somewhere if he can appreciate it.

I think most 5th graders understand the scientific method.

Philosophy is not science

but you don't

"Against [empiricism], which halts at [observable] phenomena—‘There are only facts’—I would say, no, facts is precisely what there is not, only interpretations. We cannot establish any fact ‘in itself’: perhaps it is folly to want to do such a thing.

‘Everything is subjective [for example, a figment of your reasoning mind],’ you say; but even this is interpretation. The ‘subject’ is not something given, it is something added and invented … [Is] it necessary to posit an interpreter behind the interpretation? …

In so far as the word ‘knowledge’ has any meaning, the world is … interpretable, otherwise it has no meaning behind it, but countless meanings—‘Perspectivism’.

It is our needs that interpret the world; our drives … Every drive is a kind of list to rule; each one has its perspective that it would like to compel all the other drives to accept as a norm.

[D]eception, flattering, lying and cheating, talking behind the back, posing, living in borrowed splendor, being masked, the disguise of convention, acting a role before others and before oneself—in short, the constant fluttering around the single flame of vanity is so much the rule and the law that almost nothing is more incomprehensible than how an honest and pure urge for truth could have arisen among men. They are deeply immersed in illusions and dream images; their eye only glides only over the surface of things … their feeling nowhere leads into truth, but contents itself with the reception of stimuli, playing, as it were, a game of blind man’s bluff …

The true world is unattainable, it cannot be proved, it cannot promise anything.

You are aware of my demand upon philosophers, that they should take up a stand Beyond Good and Evil … This demand is the result of a point of view which I was the first to formulate: that there are no such things as moral facts. Moral judgment has this in common with the religious one, that it believes in realities which are not real. Morality is only an interpretation of certain phenomena: or, more strictly speaking, a misinterpretation of them. … [M]oral judgment must never be taken quite literally: as such is sheer nonsense. As a sign code, however, it is invaluable: to him at least who knows, it reveals the most valuable facts concerning cultures …" - Nietszche

Who's the drawfag that made that image?

I made the Technocracy edit.
I could not tell you who made the original template.

Whenever I read any sort of socratic/platonic dialogue I have a really hard taking it seriously because whenever socrates makes his main refutation of whatever jerkoff he's drinking with it reminds me of the "liberal muslim homosexual aclu lawyer" copypasta when the Navy seal goes "Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created [the rock]. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now".

Wew

I've read all of Plato's works, faggot. The Laws is probably one of his best ones. I only mentioned that one because of the boypussi.

I'd rather read Badiou.

The devolution of these threads into 'muh continental' and 'muh analytical' is really dull. It's philosophy famalam, not sports

What is the difference?

Georgi Valentinovich Plekhanov (1856–1918): His Place in the History of Marxism
wsws.org/en/articles/2016/12/05/plek-d05.html

OP – IF THERE IS A GOD… CAN HE EVER COOK A BURRITO SO HOT THAT HE, HIMSELF, CANNOT EAT IT?

I am afraid you are

nice cherrypick

hopefully you killed yourself by now

OP is a megafaggot from Holla Forums trying to shit up the board

Give me a philosophical work that literally changed your life

Mumon-kan

I recently been interested on marxist tought outside of politics
Are there any books about marxist theology, metaphysics, logic etc?

That's what Hegel is for.

Early Theological Writings (Works in Continental Philosophy) ISBN: 0812210220
Hegel Faith and Knowledge ISBN: 088706826X
The Difference Between Fichte's and Schelling's System of Philosophy ISBN: 0887068278
Lectures on Logic ISBN: 0253351677

The Philosophy of History (Dover Philosophical Classics) ISBN: 0486437558
Lectures on the Philosophy of World History (Cambridge Studies in the History and Theory of Politics ISBN: 0521281458

The Encyclopaedia Logic: Part I of the Encyclopaedia of the Philosophical Sciences with the Zusätze (Hackett Classics) ISBN: 0872200701
Hegel's Philosophy of Nature: Encyclopaedia of the Philosophical Sciences (1830), Part II (Hegel's Encyclopedia of the Philosophical Sciences) ISBN: 0199272670
Hegel: Philosophy of Mind: A revised version of the Wallace and Miller translation ISBN: 0199593027

Hegel’s Phenomenology of Spirit ISBN: 0198245971

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel The Science of Logic (Cambridge Hegel Translations) ISBN: 1107499631

Hegel Elements of the Philosophy of Right (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought) ISBN: 0521348889

Introductory Lectures on Aesthetics (Penguin Classics) ISBN: 014043335X

anyone want to share some significant notions that have been presented by contemporary analytic philosophy?

I am mostly curious about their progress in the philosophy of mind:
plato.stanford.edu/entries/neuroscience/#RecDevNeu

And here are new topics for process philosophy written from a pretty much exclusively analytic perspective:
plato.stanford.edu/entries/process-philosophy/#4

I don't really care about the rest.

Philosophy is a spook

Don't waste your time on anything that isn't material

toplel

what do you mean by this?