Naxalites > Rojava > Zapatistas > (anything, currently)

Daily reminder that there are 487 million proletarians in India, and they recently organized one of (if not) the biggest strikes in world history, and most of them have connections to the local Naxal movement.

Whenever I see Rojava threads it makes me smile. What is it compared to the second larges country/economy in the world on the verge of a revolution?

Anyway… Just made this shit, took me like 8 hours:
youtube.com/watch?v=wXXjJiA0S-I
gonna see if it fits reasonably into a webm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJc1vXFdB7g
jacobinmag.com/2016/10/indian-workers-general-strike/
youtube.com/watch?v=cVvThDX4bbQ
youtu.be/6aYFz_coazM?t=253
media.8ch.net/freedu/src/1456407327288-0.pdf/What-wars-and-war-bodies-k….pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fetishizing Rojava is ridiculous on many levels, if you think about it. Best case scenario they will prove to be the Kurdish homeland, "progressive," yes, maybe having a positive effect on the neighboring countries.

Meanwhile, in India: what, like 1/6 of the world's working population, many of them speak English, Naxals are translating Badiou and Zizek texts.

Fer fucks sake. If you really want to export yourself to a revolution: why the fuck Rojava? Can't you see how the Naxal cause is far more important?

The largest organized workforce on the face of the Earth, and you push them off by name-calling them "maoists" - which is a derogatory term in the first world.

Meanwhile, these comrades are doing everything in their power to bring about a revolution to starving, exploited, analphabetic masses.
youtube.com/watch?v=pJc1vXFdB7g

Got it webummed

How is their theoretical base ?
Do they have good theory ?
I am not seeing something that go beyond the 20th century Communism

Although comrade pajet is based as fuck

Pretty sweet.

I heard that they are translating Badiou and Zizek. If you ask me about their concrete revolutionary programme, my guess is good as yours. Maybe someone could find and translate it?

In the docu "Red Ant Dream" you can get a taste of their praxis, tho. Armed resistance, occupation, guerrilla tactics, supported from urban environments.

Situation got so "bad" from an imperialist POV, that the US started training anti-commie soldiers on Indian soil.

These units are complete bastards. They set fire to villages just because they suspect that someone is a commie, and so on.

Watch the docu. You, especially, will like it.

Yup, anti-com forces, supported by the U aSs of A. The Naxals are regaining supporters in urban environments through syndicalist tactics, tho.

Any good reading on Naxalites? And how likely do you think a revolution is there? I it literally 'on the verge' of one?

You can never predict revolutions. The Indian communist, historically, have been beaten by liberals like Gandhi, who were pro-cast system. They continued to oppose any and all arbitrary hierarchies throughout the 20th century, they survived the "cold war" and had a huge eruption in numbers around 2008-2010, and just recently organized (probably) the largest strike in history country-wide: jacobinmag.com/2016/10/indian-workers-general-strike/

India is one of the most polarized countries on Earth as far as inequality goes. Few huge urban centers with skyscrapers, surrounded by wast poverty, drought villages, dangerous mineral extraction in the first world's hand, literal military raids on people, infrastructural under-development, famines, epidemics, etc.

As was stated ITT: thanks the US intervention, the Naxal's guerrilla fronts were trampled, but the influence they lost with villagers, they are regaining with urban proles.

Watch the docu: Red And Dream

Red Ant Dream*
youtube.com/watch?v=cVvThDX4bbQ

It's ridiculous how far we are behind them:
youtu.be/6aYFz_coazM?t=253

Ideology, consumerism, and material conditions play a part TBH. Climate Change is also ravaging India pretty hard as well.

I'm watching this docu for like the 10th time. It is amazing, they are really ahead of us, of course in simple (or, more probably: already tried) conditions.

The fact that the left can not do in the first world what they can so easily do in those devastating conditions signals our own theoretical crisis.

holy shit
everybody get to india

nax need to focus on organizing strikes and spreading agitprop, I don't know about armed resistance imo

legit tactic in their condition

Inb4 revolution happens and US comes in and crushes it

organize unions, arm every worker that will strike with them. Raiding armed forces seems dangerous for the movement
I'll watch the doc tho

yeah I think that would get squashed by outside forces if things got dicey.

Kurds have better material conditions though, for instance the technology of pooing in the loo. Naxalites have to play catch-up and get everyone using the loo.

Daily reminder that guerrilla war of any kind is utterly retarded and anti-proletarian

I will say this about people who don't like them for being Maoists- Maoism means completely different things in the third world and first world. In the third world, it means "looks at global capital from a third world perspective and focuses mostly on its effects on the third world + protracted people's war + marxism-leninism", In america, it means "massive defeatist hyper m-l cuntwad who reads theory like scripture (that is, not at all, ba dum tish) and the most sectarian and tankie bastard you'll ever meet". I'm saying this from a perspective of someone who used to say the same thing. It took me talking to some Puerto Rican commies for me to see otherwise.

Also is OP serious about fucking Lennies being better than based municipalists

If they read more bookchin I would like them. As it stands M-L is outdated and doesn't address modern ecological issues enough, issues that will shape the India and the world more and more in the coming years. Not to mention the problems inherent to a vanguard party, and the failure to address the problem of hierarchy and domination.

How many factories and communities do the Naxalites run as worker cooperatives?
There's your answer.

Fighting is all good, but the revolution entails more than that.

Well Freudposter, I've just asked an Indian coworker who happens to be from the east of the country I.e. the very region this is taking place.

Naxalites get funding (unclear from where) which they use to buy ammunition instead of feeding the people in need (you need one dollar to eat 3 times a day in India).

The Naxalites are in fact not proles or caste members, they are forest dwellers which were neglected. He said they're maoists and that their cause was just at the beginning but they lost it as time went on. Now the gov is fighting them but also not neglecting the forest villagers any more.

The naxalites also run their own revolutionary courts, convicting people on suspicion alone. They go to villages and demand supplies at gun point and execute those who refuse to join.

How do you respond?

I should add that civilians are now distancing themselves from naxalites and that they were never involved in the caste struggle.

Naxalites would have more threads if they had more qts

They also hang out bodies of (suspected) commies like slaughtered cattle. media.8ch.net/freedu/src/1456407327288-0.pdf/What-wars-and-war-bodies-k….pdf

Seems like the usual developments of Foco and PPW struggles tbh. Once "the revolution" stops being an event and settles into a world, it loses it's very characteristic as a revolution.

I'm not particularly surprised about the development of FALC or the Zapatistas, it's either rapprochement or a slow and sad withering away like ELN or the Philippine Maoists.

Give proof of this, the broader indian left has but I have never heard of Guerilla's being interested in Badiou or Zizek

I mean aren't the CPI (Maoist) a bunch of Stalinists?

I don't have a stable source of information, but so far it seems they've been degenerating into a Makhno-style revolution for quite a long time. I.e. a lot of headache for government, but no chance at actually winning anything, unless they radically change themselves.

And thus ends the Revolution.

I've come to conclusion that Maoists are mostly LeftCom, not actual Stalinists.

Holy shit this. A guy in an org I belong to is like this. You tell him what you've been reading, he'll get all hyped up for Capital and The State and Revolution, but mention Conquest of Bread or What is Property and he looks at you like you're literally Satan.

This. Violent uprising is only useful if you have a chance at victory within a few years, otherwise it will just drag on and on and the longer it does the better Porky will get at fighting you and subverting your support base by pandering to the poor. Violence is only effective if it's swift, decisive, and surgical. Read The Prince.

They should be building a stronger support base among the workers and peasants through syndicalist and mutualist methods, and when they are strong enough only then use violence, and only do it through provoking the government to initiate violence.

POO ARMY

requesting commies put the poo in the loo meme

Here you go famrade

Yea this, I support them but they are mostly low caste and really fucking ugly.

Let me guess you support the CPI Marxist?